PDA

View Full Version : When we go into admin

stokearab
22-09-2017, 07:11 PM
I would hazard a guess the white knights will arrive. Isn't that what they're waiting for?

Sorry if this is negative but it's just what I can see happening

PortugueseFrank
22-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Doubt it.

Serious bidders would rather go in now as oppose to an admin event as we’d seriously risk losing Gussie and Tannadice as company assets to creditors.

But no matter what. Admin or no admin. We will only see new owners once serious bidders decide to bid.

All the pretenders to the throne that spout “I’ll do this and I’ll do that” need to put up or shut up.

If you are not set on buying the club then keep it shut and let the serious bidders do the bidding.

Too many tyre kickers with no serious designs on buying the club looking for arse lickers. Standing in boozers proclaiming they’ll do x when they’ll do the square root of **** all.

Chick A Saw
22-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Where is the talk of admin coming from to spark this off?

stokearab
22-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Where is the talk of admin coming from to spark this off?

Just my opinion of how it will end in tears before new ownership.

GUNBOAT
22-09-2017, 08:51 PM
If we were to go into ADMIN Stephen leaves with nothing apart from the content's from his desk,that's not part of the 5 year plan instigated by the worst chairman in Dundee United's/Dundee Hibernian's history.

shedboy71
22-09-2017, 08:58 PM
If we were to go into ADMIN Stephen leaves with nothing apart from the content's from his desk,that's not part of the 5 year plan instigated by the worst chairman in Dundee United's/Dundee Hibernian's history.

im cool with that - seriously to get rid of him and the rest of that sh!te. 100% fine would take our medicine and accept we must only do that once - unlike others. And the pie company can go phuck themselves for any pennies in the pound XD

stokearab
22-09-2017, 09:08 PM
im cool with that - seriously to get rid of him and the rest of that sh!te. 100% fine would take our medicine and accept we must only do that once - unlike others. And the pie company can go phuck themselves for any pennies in the pound XD

It's pure guesswork on my part, but even with decent season ticket sales, PATG is dwindling, there will be no SC run, very little TV and sponsorship money. Heavy ongoing cost base, no one million pound savings (remember that piece of spin), no assets to sell or raise money against. From the outside I'd say it's only a matter of time.

PortugueseFrank
22-09-2017, 11:15 PM

Frightening.

Pay what you owe.

For a united fan to suggest we **** companies over scares me.

LSArab
23-09-2017, 12:44 AM
Those pies are delicious.

We not sunk as low as fun yet.

jjaflup22
23-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Stupid thread stirring up more bad feeling. Just what we need at the moment.

TerryTheTerror
23-09-2017, 09:24 AM
I agree, I mean what?

stokearab
23-09-2017, 10:37 AM
To Terry and Jjaflup I'd say that's a disappointing reaction. How can there be "more bad feeling" we seem to be at pretty much rock bottom.
The transfer millions have long gone, the clubs assets are fully mortgaged, we are bound to be running at very heavy operating losses with nothing to sell in order to offset them.
Season ticket sales are down, PATG is dropping. Performances on the pitch have the fans despondent.
Something has got to give, we are not a going concern and this chairman is a danger to the very heart and core of Dundee United
But don't worry guys everything will be ok will it? Please don't post scenarios that will never happen eh? Just cover your eyes at least you won't see the crash coming.

stokearab
23-09-2017, 10:47 AM

The thoughts of a white knight by any chance? 😆

shedboy71
23-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Frightening.

Pay what you owe.

For a united fan to suggest we **** companies over scares me.

Actually I hadnt really thought that through Frank. Thinking back to companies that were screwed and folks livelihood ruined. Stupid selfish post by me. I do have form to be honest XD

United-2016
25-09-2017, 12:33 PM
wont happen

stokearab
25-09-2017, 07:03 PM
wont happen

Why couldn't it happen?

huntedbyafreak
25-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Probably the worst ever thread on here

huntedbyafreak
25-09-2017, 07:45 PM
I would hazard a guess the white knights will arrive. Isn't that what they're waiting for?

Sorry if this is negative but it's just what I can see happening

White knights who would wait till the club is at deaths door before stepping in aren't really the White Knights we require IMO.

shedka
25-09-2017, 07:48 PM
I see a not very subtle funster here named "United 2016" bumping negative threads all day, sad freak

stokearab
25-09-2017, 08:04 PM
I see a not very subtle funster here named "United 2016" bumping negative threads all day, sad freak

The thread isn't meant to be negative for the sake of being negative. Being negative is coming on here every time we lose and only when we lose. I understand why folk arent happy with the thread though as it's not a possibility anyone wants to consider.
But if spelling out in print the harsh reality that faces us if the money runs out is only facing up to a realistic possibility under this chairman.

And hunted, you nailed my point exactly, about so called fan investors waiting for a knock down bargain day. But the reality is that is why we are where we are, and who could blame them.

Chick A Saw
26-09-2017, 12:41 PM
The thread isn't meant to be negative for the sake of being negative. Being negative is coming on here every time we lose and only when we lose. I understand why folk arent happy with the thread though as it's not a possibility anyone wants to consider.
But if spelling out in print the harsh reality that faces us if the money runs out is only facing up to a realistic possibility under this chairman.

And hunted, you nailed my point exactly, about so called fan investors waiting for a knock down bargain day. But the reality is that is why we are where we are, and who could blame them.

The rumours are out there that some interested parties dont want to give ST the money he wants. If they are true, then i really cant blame someone waiting til admin!

GFLower
26-09-2017, 12:48 PM
The rumours are out there that some interested parties dont want to give ST the money he wants. If they are true, then i really cant blame someone waiting til admin!

Could this interested party be Nelms?

Careful what you wish for.

PortugueseFrank
26-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Anyone buying United in admin could well be buying a club with no Tannadice, Gussie and car park as assets.

Any default could lead to the security for these assets being actioned putting ownership of them out of the club.

Who wants to buy a club with these assets gone and the club needing to lease them back?

Look at Dundee. 300k a year for Dens. Probably be closer to 400k maybe even 500k a year for Tannadice.

I can’t see the sense in waiting to admin and risk buying a club with no assets other than just the players and likely chucked out of St Andrews for defaulting. Better to buy before admin and have the guaranteed assets. Unless some of these “white knights” actually fancy the idea of renting use of the new Dundee stadium at Campy.

Council parks and renting the stadium. Not a good combo.

Chick A Saw
26-09-2017, 03:21 PM
Could this interested party be Nelms?

Careful what you wish for.

Personally dont want the risk of admin as my wish is that ST drops his price for the right person. Then when new owners move in, the assets are bought and returned to ownership. However, i like the idea that someone else owns the ground that the phoenix can rise from.

PortugueseFrank
26-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Personally dont want the risk of admin as my wish is that ST drops his price for the right person. Then when new owners move in, the assets are bought and returned to ownership. However, i like the idea that someone else owns the ground that the phoenix can rise from.

The club still currently own all the assets. It’s just that they are secured against loans.

As long as no default the assets remain owned by the club.