PDA

View Full Version : Leeds United -v - Ipswich Town ***Matchday Thread***

BelfastAndy
22-09-2017, 08:13 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/1grn6s.jpg

Leeds United striker Pierre-Michel Lasogga is still awaiting the birth of his first child in Germany but remains in the squad.

Defenders Pontus Jansson and Liam Cooper are set to return to the side.

Ipswich, who have won two of their three away games, will be without midfielder Flynn Downes (thigh).

Defender Jonas Knudsen has recovered from a hamstring problem, but Adam Webster (ankle) is not yet ready to make his first-team return.

SAM's prediction
Home win 57% Draw 23% Away win 20%
SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Match facts

Leeds have lost only one of their last eight home league games against Ipswich (W4 D3).

Ipswich have kept one clean sheet in their last eight league games against Leeds, a 1-0 win at Elland Road in the 2015-16 season.

Leeds have had eight different scorers in the Championship this season, more than any other side - though one of those players has since left the club (Chris Wood).

Ipswich have won five of their opening seven league matches in a season for the first time since the 2004-05 campaign when they went on to finish third, losing in the play-offs.

The Whites have kept a clean sheet in their opening four home league matches of a season for the first time since 2001-02 - they've never kept a clean sheet in their first five. Indeed, the only two goals they've conceded at Elland Road this season have been against League Two opposition in the League Cup (one each against Port Vale and Newport County).

Ipswich have gone behind in all three of their away league matches so far this season and recovered six points (W2 D0 L1), three more than any other side.

2 - 0 to Leeds United. (NB. Saiz 18th minute)

MOT.

PS. Lets forget about Millwall thread now shall we....? Lol.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
22-09-2017, 11:38 PM
It seems to have become a place to vent considering we've had no reason to this season bar that match, I've not posted many of the 200+ posts on that thread as I'm very happy with the start we've made, 7 good results in the league, 3 great cup games, and I think it will be another success for Leeds this Saturday, 2-1 to Leeds, I've a feeling it will be virtually everyone who didn't start vs Burnley, the fact we have 2 strong separate 11s now is excellent, all 3 injured centre backs are back in training again which is great news, I feel sorry for Caleb ekuban who is out long term injured, he made a very encouraging start to his Leeds career, hopefully he makes a quicker than expected recovery. I'd guess a lineup of wiedwald ayling Anita jansson cooper Phillips O'Kane alioski Hernandez saiz and lasogga, but its the bench that is harder to predict, so many good players now, can't wait for the match to start, bring it on, MOT!!!

Rev72
23-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Hoping for a win but think this game will be a draw.

1-1 To the Leeds.

Rev72
23-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Tough 3 games coming up..today then Cardiff and Sheff Weds both away.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 12:43 PM
any link for todays game?

CromerWhite
23-09-2017, 02:03 PM
any link for todays game?

Clive the USTREAM link that Pilgrim posted on the Millwall match day thread will give you audio.

leedsutdman
23-09-2017, 02:06 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/k-s-sports?lang=en_US

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:07 PM
ive got fm radio with pope and whelan, i was just wondering if there was any video instead of just audio

Sounds like a good start by leeds, lets keep this pressure on ipswich

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:12 PM
1-0 lasogga, GET IN!!!!!!

leedsutdman
Get in......

CalverleyBoy
Oh happy days

CromerWhite
Get in, Lassonga.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:13 PM
assist for Conor aswell, well played, lets keep this going now!!!!!

CalverleyBoy
23-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Well plenty of poster predicted Lasogga but no one got the timing right - couple of odd posts for non squad players - Lassie?

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Doesn’t sound like weve kept the pressure on since scoring, come on leeds!

Rev72
23-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Go kill em off Leeds!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:24 PM
As soon as I say that, ayling has a shot, bit better that, come on leeds, lets try and punish our opposition!

Rev72
23-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Game more even now..another goal for us would be most appreciated :)

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
Bugger, 1-1 mcgoldrick

CromerWhite
Feck

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:31 PM
GET IN!!! kalvin makes it 2-1!

CromerWhite
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Phillips

CalverleyBoy
SOunded sloppy

Rev72
Been coming..be then again so have we ;D

magnificowhite
Get in Calvin

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
saiz with the assist, excellent!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Corner for leeds, come on now, lets keep scoring goals now

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:41 PM
In the hope that we win today, it would be great if Cardiff and wolves drop points today, means we would be points top of the league rather than just goal difference

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Saiz so close!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Great defence by anita
Too many corners for Ipswich in this first half

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 02:49 PM
2-1 to leeds at time, lasogga and phillips for leeds, mcgoldrick for Ipswich

Rev72
23-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Missing PJ at the back from set pieces by the sound of it.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Mcgoldrick is giving us problems, need to mark him better, I agree rev, jansson would enhance things I reckon, gotta remember Ipswich have started this season pretty well themselves, theyre no mugs, hope we can get the possession back and get another goal, I hate 1 goal leads, theyre too vulnerable

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Wolves 0-0 and Cardiff 1-1 currently, both dropping 2 points each, not the worst outcome if that stays the same

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Corner to leeds this time, better!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Mcgoldrick again, why cant we deal with him?

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Preston 0-0, Ipswich losing, and blunts play tomorrow
Berardi comes on for anita, hopefully Gaetano is to man mark mcgoldrick!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Bit better, alioski has a shot on goal, should have crossed for lasogga instead by the sounds of it

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:27 PM
GET IN!!! Hernandez corner and bialkowski scores an own goal

magnificowhite
23-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Get in pablo

ColombianWhite
23-09-2017, 03:28 PM
Preston 0-0, Ipswich losing, and blunts play tomorrow
Berardi comes on for anita, hopefully Gaetano is to man mark mcgoldrick!

\Get In
3-1
MOT

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:30 PM
3-2, garner

BelfastAndy
23-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Brill. Who scored?

magnificowhite
Bloody hell. Always hard work.

CromerWhite
3-2, garner

By the sounds of it Wiedwald is having a nightmare :(

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Crap, Cardiff are 2-1 up now against sunderland, dallas due to come on soon I think

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Wiedwald has done some decent stuff in this match, but he was at fault for ipswichs second goal
Hernandez off, dallas on

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Alioski with another attempt on goal, this time too easy for bialkowski

ColombianWhite
23-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Alioski needs to toughen up, bring Roofe or Grot on for him
Come on Leeds
MOT

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Grot comes on for lasogga, ipswichs best player mcgoldrick comes off with waghorn on

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:47 PM
34002 great attendance

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Scores going against us now, really need to win this

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Another corner to Ipswich, really worried we might not hold on to this lead

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Come on leeds, unlucky, good attack there

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:54 PM
GET IN!!!, Great win for Leeds, top of the league!!!!!

ColombianWhite
23-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Get In
3-2 will do
Come on Leeds
MOT

:)

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 03:58 PM
Some late goals have kept Cardiff and wolves level on points with leeds but our superior goal difference keeps us top!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 04:07 PM
6 draws today, shame it wasn’t Cardiff and wolves in those draws!

Rev72
23-09-2017, 04:24 PM
By the sounds of it Wiedwald is having a nightmare :(

WTF will be delighted :O

Rev72
23-09-2017, 04:25 PM
They are no mugs so a top result but our defence worries me when PJ ain't in the back 4.

Billyni
23-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Bit concerning that he might have a point. Dont like giving away 2 goals at home. Still, the vod tonight will taste all the sweeter after a win and still topping the league.

MrsORichSenior
23-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Three points in the bag - Nuff said !
Moules & Frites for me tonight with a bottle of chilled white ................. :)

Still positives as we're getting one more goal than the 'oppo' and throwing caution to the wind when required.
MOT

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Shaughnessy to lasogga was very similar to Hernandez to sacko, both great passes, both great finishes!

Rev72
23-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Its all still good..we are still the team to beat..we are top of the league B)

MOT ALAW

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 05:27 PM
great Great points scored, great goals scored, great goals conceded, can’t ask much more really

Rev72
23-09-2017, 05:37 PM
great Great points scored, great goals scored, great goals conceded, can’t ask much more really

Just the great goals not conceded clive. ;D

Billyni
23-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Three points in the bag - Nuff said !
Moules & Frites for me tonight with a bottle of chilled white ................. :)

Still positives as we're getting one more goal than the 'oppo' and throwing caution to the wind when required.
MOT

Fish and chips and a bottle of wine then Mrs O without the fancy french :DO:)

MrsORichSenior
23-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Fish and chips and a bottle of wine then Mrs O without the fancy french :DO:)

........... 'without my fancy French' ?

Nah,they only come off after TWO bottles of white ........ :O

http://i65.tinypic.com/11boyoi.jpg

Rev72
23-09-2017, 06:09 PM
........... 'without my fancy French' ?

Nah,they only come off after TWO bottles of white ........ :O

http://i65.tinypic.com/11boyoi.jpg

george_kaplan
23-09-2017, 06:14 PM
I take it Rev mate you have a weakness for white wine huh? :)

Rev72
23-09-2017, 06:17 PM
I take it Rev mate you have a weakness for white wine huh? :)

Why of course george..only a perv would think otherwise :)

WTF11
23-09-2017, 06:24 PM

Yes I am Rev, we won so I'm very pleased indeed.

Wiedwald made it harder than it should have been, we should have won 3 - 1.

WTF11
23-09-2017, 06:26 PM

"Great goals conceded"? Care to explain?

george_kaplan
23-09-2017, 07:35 PM
"Great goals conceded"? Care to explain?

Poor lad gets so carried away with all his posts, he loses himself in his excitment......'normal' service will resume as soon as possible, guaranteed! :)

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
23-09-2017, 09:40 PM
A great number of goals conceded, only 5 in 9 games

SouthgateWhite
23-09-2017, 11:52 PM
Felix was like a rabbit in the headlights today. Poor handling, putting his own defenders under pressure, at fault for there 2nd goal. It was like having Silvestri back in the nets. Sorry but just see him being the weak link in an otherwise pretty solid team.

WTF11
25-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Was not aware of the story in the article below;

"Finally, Lasogga is back and with a slightly bigger family. His first-born arrived in the world on Friday night. The player elected to keep this a secret in order to play the game, before flying back to Germany to meet his child (and presumably furious partner). While I’d be 50 shades of dead had I attempted anything like this with my other half, I admire his commitment to Leeds (a club he owes very little to, it’s worth noting) to miss such a life-defining moment for. This is the kind of thing that becomes a footnote in a remarkable season and I’m delighted that he managed to bag a lovely goal to mark the occasion.

He’s either brilliant, stupid or incredibly brave. I don’t care which, because when he latched onto that thru-ball from defence, tracked his run beautifully before firing a precise shot into the bottom corner past the outstretched keeper, it didn’t matter anymore. Friends, family, fatherhood, all faded away into that one beautiful moment where I was no longer concerned with his personal status or the testicle-shattering greeting he’ll get from the mother of his child, but concerned only with the goal and the prospect of 3 points.

You sometimes look at moments like these; games like Ipswich, looming fixtures like Cardiff and think “football really is brilliant isn’t it?”. If this is going to be a season that we remember for a long time, a new father doing the unthinkable to help Leeds achieve the unimaginable would be a beautiful moment to reflect on. “Side before self” may be stencilled onto Elland Road, but the fact it’s being stencilled into the souls of the players is what makes me believe Leeds can beat Cardiff. Against any rational thought, statistics, probability or holy-man blessing the pitch, you win through desire. Leicester won a title because they wanted it more than anyone else. A man we had on loan wanted a single goal against a town he’d never heard of more than he wanted to witness his first child being born. If that’s not remarkable then what are we even doing anymore?"

Hugely impressed with the guys commitment, whatever prompted it (and I suspect it wasn't all about financial rewards) and by his performance during the match (given the events elsewhere in his family).

Billyni
25-09-2017, 05:45 PM

"Finally, Lasogga is back and with a slightly bigger family. His first-born arrived in the world on Friday night. The player elected to keep this a secret in order to play the game, before flying back to Germany to meet his child (and presumably furious partner). While I’d be 50 shades of dead had I attempted anything like this with my other half, I admire his commitment to Leeds (a club he owes very little to, it’s worth noting) to miss such a life-defining moment for. This is the kind of thing that becomes a footnote in a remarkable season and I’m delighted that he managed to bag a lovely goal to mark the occasion.

He’s either brilliant, stupid or incredibly brave. I don’t care which, because when he latched onto that thru-ball from defence, tracked his run beautifully before firing a precise shot into the bottom corner past the outstretched keeper, it didn’t matter anymore. Friends, family, fatherhood, all faded away into that one beautiful moment where I was no longer concerned with his personal status or the testicle-shattering greeting he’ll get from the mother of his child, but concerned only with the goal and the prospect of 3 points.

You sometimes look at moments like these; games like Ipswich, looming fixtures like Cardiff and think “football really is brilliant isn’t it?”. If this is going to be a season that we remember for a long time, a new father doing the unthinkable to help Leeds achieve the unimaginable would be a beautiful moment to reflect on. “Side before self” may be stencilled onto Elland Road, but the fact it’s being stencilled into the souls of the players is what makes me believe Leeds can beat Cardiff. Against any rational thought, statistics, probability or holy-man blessing the pitch, you win through desire. Leicester won a title because they wanted it more than anyone else. A man we had on loan wanted a single goal against a town he’d never heard of more than he wanted to witness his first child being born. If that’s not remarkable then what are we even doing anymore?"

Hugely impressed with the guys commitment, whatever prompted it (and I suspect it wasn't all about financial rewards) and by his performance during the match (given the events elsewhere in his family).

One of your better ones WTF. Hard to believe he wasnt getting game time for his previous club. Maybe we're onto a winner here either by good luck or good judgement.

Tichi1
25-09-2017, 06:15 PM

Been away for a few weeks, and come back to this arse licking crap from you.
Jesus - it's all one way - then all the other.

Think I'll go away again - it was great to look in and not to see your negative drivel - but having read this pretentious bull - I think I want the miserable fecker back - if any that is.

leedsutdman
25-09-2017, 06:48 PM

Think I'll go away again - it was great to look in and not to see your negative drivel - but having read this pretentious bull - I think I want the miserable fecker back - if any that is.

😂😂😂😂😂

WTF11
25-09-2017, 07:42 PM

I should have guessed that any reply from you would be couched in your usual polite manner.

So I like what Lasogga did, and copied from an article using better words than i could muster, strange (or not!) that you feel "moved" to take issue, but then again maybe not.

WTF11
25-09-2017, 07:43 PM

Oh and by the way, not all one way then the other. Wiedwald is still sh1te.

Tichi1
26-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Hate to say it but that is true - not ALL one way or the other.
For three months up to the end of the s hite boring draw at home to the useless sh ite that is Preston - it was all gloom, doom, nepotism, untried, untested, Orta crap, no idea what they where doing yada yada about the club it's management, the player recruited and you where not prepared to give it whirl BEFORE moaning yer fecking socks off.

Then we win a few on the trot.. play well and upset a few apple carts ad you're nowhere to be seen - conveniently off to Cuba just as as things improve here - they get worse there.... no coincidence eh?

Then you're back fawning and ar se licking all over the place [Apart from over the goalie where you think you might get a bit of support] but as you are so fond off telling us [When you're not patronising everyone that is] one "Post"doesn't a summer make ???

So I am not having all this bull - thinking that after your three months worth of depressing crap you can make a couple of relatively positive [Though it makes me want to barf reading some of the saccharine sickly sweet recent posts] comments and we will all accept you as a real Leeds fan.

I will be back in Southampton this weekend will look out for you at the Easteigh game?

WTF11
26-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Hate to say it but that is true - not ALL one way or the other.
For three months up to the end of the s hite boring draw at home to the useless sh ite that is Preston - it was all gloom, doom, nepotism, untried, untested, Orta crap, no idea what they where doing yada yada about the club it's management, the player recruited and you where not prepared to give it whirl BEFORE moaning yer fecking socks off.

Then we win a few on the trot.. play well and upset a few apple carts ad you're nowhere to be seen - conveniently off to Cuba just as as things improve here - they get worse there.... no coincidence eh?

Then you're back fawning and ar se licking all over the place [Apart from over the goalie where you think you might get a bit of support] but as you are so fond off telling us [When you're not patronising everyone that is] one "Post"doesn't a summer make ???

So I am not having all this bull - thinking that after your three months worth of depressing crap you can make a couple of relatively positive [Though it makes me want to barf reading some of the saccharine sickly sweet recent posts] comments and we will all accept you as a real Leeds fan.

I will be back in Southampton this weekend will look out for you at the Easteigh game?

Err, I don't give a flying f00k what you think Tich. You, Jimmy, and BB are joined (at the hip, groin, whatever) and couldn't string an independent thought between you if your lives depended on it.

I suppose I should have suggested my daughter postpone her wedding to make sure I was around to post, hmmm, dumbass tw4t!

As for complimentary posts, sure I'll put the up from time to time, and the less positive ones too, its called having a mind of your own, not some "fawning and ars4licking" which I'll leave to you and the other two amigos.

As for Eastleigh, nah, not really

Tichi1
26-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Err, I don't give a flying f00k what you think Tich. You, Jimmy, and BB are joined (at the hip, groin, whatever) and couldn't string an independent thought between you if your lives depended on it.

I suppose I should have suggested my daughter postpone her wedding to make sure I was around to post, hmmm, dumbass tw4t!

As for complimentary posts, sure I'll put the up from time to time, and the less positive ones too, its called having a mind of your own, not some "fawning and ars4licking" which I'll leave to you and the other two amigos.

As for Eastleigh, nah, not really

Hows this for an independant thought -

I'll wager WIedwald concedes LESS goals this season than Green did last - despite having what you and others would reckon to be a poorer defence in front of him [No Taylor or Bartley]

Another one - I reckon you've never been to Cuba in your life - only your imagination.

As for "A mind f your own" nah - just like to be controversial to show what a "strong independent" person you are - I have noticed though that you have to share all your opinions [even though they are wrong] with everyone all the time apart from when you simply cannot fault the team or anyone connected

I look forward to your assessment after tonight's game - as you will be able to actually see a game as opposed to giving us all the wisdom of your words following a radio commentary on a game.

enjoy the game Plum:heart::heart:

WTF11
26-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Hows this for an independant thought -

I'll wager WIedwald concedes LESS goals this season than Green did last - despite having what you and others would reckon to be a poorer defence in front of him [No Taylor or Bartley]

Another one - I reckon you've never been to Cuba in your life - only your imagination.

As for "A mind f your own" nah - just like to be controversial to show what a "strong independent" person you are - I have noticed though that you have to share all your opinions [even though they are wrong] with everyone all the time apart from when you simply cannot fault the team or anyone connected

I look forward to your assessment after tonight's game - as you will be able to actually see a game as opposed to giving us all the wisdom of your words following a radio commentary on a game.

enjoy the game Plum:heart::heart:

Ok, first off, "poorer defence", are you dreaming? The ONLY reason our current 1st choice keeper won't concede is the players in front of him.

Been to Cuba, well I know what I know and I have no need to share anything with you to prove it.

The rest of that stuff in your post, I fell......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz