PDA

View Full Version : Best Performance Of The Season.....

JamesMcClean
23-09-2017, 04:29 PM
.........by a country mile.

There you go - Two forwards + positive attitude + quicker distribution = entertainment and 3 points.

It's really not rocket science Ray.

shedboy71
23-09-2017, 04:32 PM

There you go - Two forwards + positive attitude + quicker distribution = entertainment and 3 points.

and its the only way to play next week as well - good i am glad for Ray - not going overboard but that probably has given him a lot more time.

Chick A Saw
23-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Best ive seen under Ray! I still have concerns about next week, but if the guys are another week fitter, then we might be ok!

GUNBOAT
23-09-2017, 05:16 PM
I never felt like i wanted to be anywhere else than Tannadice today and its not often i have felt like that under Ray's tenure,in patches it was entertaining as well.I thought Durnan was man of the match he never put a foot or head wrong.

Chick A Saw
23-09-2017, 05:20 PM
I never felt like i wanted to be anywhere else than Tannadice today and its not often i have felt like that under Ray's tenure,in patches it was entertaining as well.I thought Durnan was man of the match he never put a foot or head wrong.

Agree with what you say about Durnan. Best today was when Edje then Toshney took injuries and it looked like Durnan was our only defender he was covering that well! True captains performance today!

ballumbie_arab
23-09-2017, 05:31 PM

Entertainment???? You were obviously at a different game from me!!! As the weeks go by, it gets dire by the bucket load!!

www.hadafeckingenough.com

Charlie arab
23-09-2017, 05:41 PM
Ffs balumbie ye grumpy chunt that was decent today, plenty efforts on goal and a good 3 points. Like to mention Fyvie , thought he was very good today.

ballumbie_arab
23-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Ffs balumbie ye grumpy chunt that was decent today, plenty efforts on goal and a good 3 points. Like to mention Fyvie , thought he was very good today.

Again, were you watching a different game from me??
I appreciate the win and 3pts, BUT we're still too negative, and bringing teams onto us, all because of Ray's negative approach. We're "living on the edge" most games, and cannot sustain that! It's not being negative or grumpy, it's being realistic!!

Charlie arab
23-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Don't think we were negative today, we are not good enough to be in control for 90 mins so are gonna get the scary moments every game. I'm a lot happier and more optimistic after today compared to the last few games.

Giant_Jouster
23-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Massive 3 points, but we're so jittery and lacking in confidence, it is scary. Like BA I did not feel entertained, but I'll grab those points with both hands. So Ray, how are you going to set us up against a team firing on all cylinders and scoring for fun???

shedboy71
23-09-2017, 07:47 PM
Massive 3 points, but we're so jittery and lacking in confidence, it is scary. Like BA I did not feel entertained, but I'll grab those points with both hands. So Ray, how are you going to set us up against a team firing on all cylinders and scoring for fun???

4231? XD im like mystic meg really

arab81
23-09-2017, 07:57 PM
Credit where it's due United were decent today, players looked interested, Ray looked more vocal & active on the touchline. Keep it up, big big test next week, not so much were playing an inform pars but were sh*te away from home.
Only blotch for me today was Robson, He was murder. Bad game hopefully put it behind him and move on.

jerrennixon
23-09-2017, 08:14 PM
I dont think anyone is claiming that today was a special performance, but you cant disagree with the title of the post.

At times I though we played a very good, direct, flowing game and although Ill need to see it again - our first goal looked a cracker from where I was (etl).

Dont get me wrong, we lacked urgency at times and our breaks were sloth like at times.

Although there is a player in there, Robson just isnt ready yet I dont think. The opposition know this and thats why everything gets punted down the right wing against us.

I was questioning the subs at first as J thought Macdonald could have done with coming off but like Brechin tbe other week, he has that ability to be in the right place at the right time.

Dare I also add that Toshney was looking alright till his injury (anyone know what happened?) Edge was shakey at times.

Durnan MOTM for me.

Need to sharpen up for next week, be smarter on our breaks. Im slightly more optimistic after today.

arab81
23-09-2017, 08:25 PM
I'm sure Robson will improve, but today had me begging to have Dixon back in the team!.

First goal looked superb!

GingerPetric
23-09-2017, 08:25 PM
McDonald was excellent imo, worked like a Trojan and set the tone with the intensity of closing down which was reflected throughout the team.

Performance was much better than we have seen so far, promising for the future hopefully.

What was really good was the number of really decent efforts today. 5 or so in the first half and similar in the second. On another day it would have been a more handsome win, maybe even 6-0!!!!

tijuanataxi
23-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Yip but it was not hard to be.going what has Been on show before .but I'm easily pleased .hopefully corner turned.

Chick A Saw
23-09-2017, 11:11 PM
Again, were you watching a different game from me??
I appreciate the win and 3pts, BUT we're still too negative, and bringing teams onto us, all because of Ray's negative approach. We're "living on the edge" most games, and cannot sustain that! It's not being negative or grumpy, it's being realistic!!

I actually didnt feel on edge at any point in the game, which is quite an achievement in itself! For their goal, a bad decision from the ref in each half against us eventually cost us. Needed to be organized at that point instead of angry about the decision!

ianharab
24-09-2017, 12:53 AM
Can see ballumbies point , thought we were poor for good parts o the game today , on the plus side actually looked like scoring with two up front hopefully that finely puts that horrible 4-2-3-1
To bed for good

Whitfieldarab
24-09-2017, 07:13 AM
We were the better team simple as that. Duffy had his team set up to frustrate us much the same as every other team that comes to Tannadice but we never looked like losing that game today which was pleasing. Both full back positions are a concern for me though and we still lack that target man up front.

SmedDUm
24-09-2017, 07:52 AM
10 observations from y'day -

- our first goal was a candidate for move of the season
- the attendance of 5.5k plus was good, I feared a sub 5k
- the singing kids of Africa are good at miming
- Morton consist of 11 C'ship journeymen, no kids, no veterans (Harkins a sub), just solid 2nd tier pros
- Robson's misdirected header led to Morton's free kick that led to their goal
- We lost the toss, Morton won the toss & got us playing towards ET 1st half as all the opposition do
- McDonald & Fyvie had their best games for us
- McMullan & King acted like wingers
- Matty Smith fit again & back on the bench which is good to see
- N'Koyi's introduction always seems to have an impact of some kind

shedboy71
24-09-2017, 08:19 AM
That 1st goal was fantastic movement and quick passing.

arab81
24-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Looking forward to seeing matty Smith get game time, think he'll turn out very useful this season.

deebuster
24-09-2017, 09:57 AM
Fantastic movement off the ball at times which is why we created a few chances.....and Keatings had a great finish

Interesting to see one of the Holding Mids being withdrawn: Briels

That in meh opinion should be the way we are set up in this league.

Downside: shocking fullbacks
Poor marking at freekicks
Back 4 should be screaming at Holding mid(s) to move up at least another 10 yards - it was almost a back 6 at times
Earlier subs: Proactive rather than reactive

Can and MUST do better

SmedDUm
24-09-2017, 10:17 AM
That 1st goal was fantastic movement and quick passing.

Edje long ball.
King wins bravely, poked to Robson.
Robson to McDonald
McDonald brilliant back heel to McMullan.
McMullan picks out Keatings.
Keatings hitch kick, too much pace for goalie to keep out.

A six-man move in six seconds. Watch it again if you can.

Chick A Saw
24-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Edje long ball.
Robson to McDonald

Like i said, a work of art!

The contribution of Edje should not be forgotten in both goals as well

shedboy71
24-09-2017, 10:43 AM
Edje long ball.
Robson to McDonald

ive watched it 6 times on the zone XD doesnt take me much to want to feel positive. I have been vocal on my reservations but if we continue to play like that and improve the fans will back the team. The move goes back further than that - Morton has 8 players in box at one point and 4 around Keats i think during build up. King also did well.

Small steps - thank god.

shedboy71
24-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Like i said, a work of art!

The contribution of Edje should not be forgotten in both goals as well

Agree - he was poor at their goal though (sorry) - he should have won the header. Frustrating when we have to work so hard to score then opposition go ping knockdown goal.

Chick A Saw
24-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Agree - he was poor at their goal though (sorry) - he should have won the header. Frustrating when we have to work so hard to score then opposition go ping knockdown goal.

In that case yes, but Morton seem to me to be the best set piece team in the league. We also dont have the divine right to win everything in the box. What was more disappointing for me at their goal was Fyvie being muscled off the ball yet again! But its just one other thing that we need to learn from!

SmedDUm
24-09-2017, 05:52 PM

Sorry William but you were VERY poor at our goal.
Yon non-header at the far post was a shambles, a gift.
I was a 6'2" amateur central defender & I would have won that ball in the air 10 times out of 10.
And I saw Huey Lewis implicated, no way, he had nothing to do with it. He was right to depend on his big centre half, I think Durnan or Quinn would have got it away in a flash.
Disappointing when the team's knocking its pan in (at last) to gift them that.

Hoofballer
24-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Edge for some reason cannot get off the ground !

A centre half who loses height jumping is a liability !

TerryTheTerror
24-09-2017, 07:23 PM
- Robson's misdirected header led to Morton's free kick that led to their goal

:? It was Murdoch's header which lead to a corner. :)

SmedDUm
24-09-2017, 07:29 PM
:? It was Murdoch's header which lead to a corner. :)

Robson had a weak header from a long ball played from their left. It fell for Ross Forbes who comically tripped under King's challenge. Forbes took the free kick & the rest is history.

SmedDUm
24-09-2017, 07:41 PM
In that case yes, but Morton seem to me to be the best set piece team in the league. We also dont have the divine right to win everything in the box. What was more disappointing for me at their goal was Fyvie being muscled off the ball yet again! But its just one other thing that we need to learn from!

Fyvie wasn't 'muscled off the ball' Chick. McHugh reacted to the knock down for whilst Fyvie was static but not really blameworthy I would say, McHugh had momentum.

TerryTheTerror
25-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Kinhell. I was sure their goal came off an unnecessary corner, played to the back post, headed back across the goal and put in. I'm getting old. :(

shedboy71
25-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Kinhell. I was sure their goal came off an unnecessary corner, played to the back post, headed back across the goal and put in. I'm getting old. :(

XD Forbes had a belated dive worthy of a 9.5!! not remember that it was comical. Maybe you were have a wee nap at the time ;)

JamesMcClean
25-09-2017, 10:20 AM
XD Forbes had a belated dive worthy of a 9.5!! not remember that it was comical. Maybe you were have a wee nap at the time ;)

As an aside, the officiating, particularly in the last 20 minutes would have been funny if it wasn't so serious in terms of potentially denying us a deserved win. It may not seem much but in the last few minutes, there was the throw in that never was followed by the corner that never was. May not seem much, but it's these wee things that allow pressure to be maintained and stop us running down the clock. On the subject of running down the clock, where the phuck FIVE minutes of injury time came from Lord only knows. Given the number of substitutions and the fact there were NO stoppages second half, it should have been three, absolute tops. Again, that allowed them the time to get in that final free kick in from Fatty Harkins. Shocking stuff.

Basher Bloggs
25-09-2017, 11:34 AM
This is a third rate United side that will blow hot and cold to the end of the season.Saints and Pars will win more games and get more points than Utd and it will be tears again come seasons end.
By the way the gaps on the terracings says it all.Its a sad state of affairs and going to tannadice has become a drag.An experience to avoid.
There were never over 5k at the game.We all know that so why this pretence of well supported team.Its another Thomson lie.

TerryTheTerror
25-09-2017, 03:07 PM

From what I remember, the free kick was square headed out by Murdoch for a corner unnecessarily then they scored from that?

SmedDUm
25-09-2017, 03:55 PM
This is a third rate United side that will blow hot and cold to the end of the season.Saints and Pars will win more games and get more points than Utd and it will be tears again come seasons end.
By the way the gaps on the terracings says it all.Its a sad state of affairs and going to tannadice has become a drag.An experience to avoid.
There were never over 5k at the game.We all know that so why this pretence of well supported team.Its another Thomson lie.

If we've got gaps on our terracing you've got chasms on yours.
Pathetic support, what did you have on Wednesday, less than 3,000 for a cup 1/4 final? Blamed on a 'boycott' but on that basis your dwindling fans are boycotting every game. Joke of a club.

GUNBOAT
25-09-2017, 04:05 PM
If we've got gaps on our terracing you've got chasms on yours.
Pathetic support, what did you have on Wednesday, less than 3,000 for a cup 1/4 final? Blamed on a 'boycott' but on that basis your dwindling fans are boycotting every game. Joke of a club.

Another FN boycott?,they have had nearly as many as their big cousin stand donor's from days of yore.

shedka
25-09-2017, 06:53 PM

Off you pop you trophy virgin clown, with your embarrassing crowds and lack of wins ALWAYS.... Enjoy x

shedka
25-09-2017, 06:55 PM
We took double to Killie a week after relegation than they had on Saturday past (a hardy band of 300)

stokearab
25-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Great result, delighted to be wrong about my 1-1 prediction, and pleased to hear the performance and desire was also there.
Hopefully Ray has seen the light with Keatings and McDonald as a 2.

and FTD, they who must have a crem hehe. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, the derry trolley is gathering rust

shedboy71
25-09-2017, 09:50 PM
From what I remember, the free kick was square headed out by Murdoch for a corner unnecessarily then they scored from that?

it was robson header forbes gets a bit of a touch from king and leaps like a salmon. free kick edge and his cement boots some fanny heads it doon and another fanny prods it home.

Should have gone to Specsavers mate ;)