PDA

View Full Version : Mr undroppable, Mr unsubbable

Pages : [1] 2

donsviking
23-09-2017, 06:36 PM
You probably know who I am taking about. McLean is the first player I have ever seen who regardless how bad he plays continues to be picked every week and is virtually never subbed. No other player in our team has these privileges, I wonder why? I would love to see a Dons team without him to see how they manage but I realise it is never going to happen. He falls on his ar*e if any opposing player comes near him and appeals to the ref for a foul. He can't tackle, has no pace and his shooting is abysmal. I would love to see Rangers take him off our hands but I doubt it will happen.

Aldo1983
23-09-2017, 07:10 PM
You'd be better slagging off the manager.

TheRealSLYFOX
24-09-2017, 12:07 AM
Considine is the same...

rico94
24-09-2017, 07:58 AM
Considine is the same...

I would be more concerned about him than McLean,he will be gone by next summer while Considine will be here until he retires so he will be with us for at least another 4 or 5 years,shudder.

donsviking
24-09-2017, 02:52 PM
I would be more concerned about him than McLean,he will be gone by next summer while Considine will be here until he retires so he will be with us for at least another 4 or 5 years,shudder.
I think you are being hard on Consi. He has played over 400 games for the Dons and always give 100%. He has been played out of position at left back ( and on the left side of a back three) by McInnes for years. He is a left sided central defender but is virtually never played here. McLean on the other hand is what my Dons supporting mate says is an illusionist ( much like Paul Daniels). He gives the illusion of doing a lot of things in a match like today at Motherwell but actually achieves very little. If I played football I would have Consi in may team, way ahead of McLean.

87kilos
24-09-2017, 03:21 PM
I think you are being hard on Consi. He has played over 400 games for the Dons and always give 100%. He has been played out of position at left back ( and on the left side of a back three) by McInnes for years. He is a left sided central defender but is virtually never played here. McLean on the other hand is what my Dons supporting mate says is an illusionist ( much like Paul Daniels). He gives the illusion of doing a lot of things in a match like today at Motherwell but actually achieves very little. If I played football I would have Consi in may team, way ahead of McLean.

Love the cr@p that Considine supporters come out with. He is a huge liability. That cannot be hidden. His pace is questionable and his positional sense is non existent. It's so clear how much Hayes helped him and bailed him out.

Left sided defender is a left sided defender, Central or not. He played centre half a few weeks back and was rank rotten. I would ship him out in a heartbeat.

I wasn't at today's game but I hear McKenna was solid. Maybe him and Arnason are a partnership that can be built upon?

Just need Shay to get his form back and a left back.

sonofrgmsdad
24-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Both Considine and McLean had decent games today.

Considine gets a hard time on here I feel because a number of people wanted to see our best midfield defender play at left back.

McLean has played through a period of the team not playing well, including himself at times, but his effort in trying to ensure we defend properly has been good.

Everyone will have their favourite players and the ones they don't like. These two are playing in Dons jerseys and in my opinion deserve more support and less decrying than they get. We are after all in a clear 2nd, close to the top and a full 6 points above the scum without actually hitting form. Today's performance I thought gives hope that the fight in the players had returned and that this might be a catalyst for a return to form.

:star::star:

Pacman1903
24-09-2017, 04:18 PM
Considine gets a hard time on here I feel because a number of people wanted to see our best midfield defender play at left back.

:

I want to see a decent left back at left back. That doesn't mean Shinnie

rico94
24-09-2017, 04:36 PM

He played at centre back under Calderwood,McGhee and Brown and was awful,since McInnes has come in he has improved and although he is a centre back his best position is left back,I don't trust him playing at centre back if McInnes must play him I would prefer him at left back.I never questioned his commitment and I'm sure he is a nice guy but that shouldn't be enough to be in an Aberdeen team.

I do wonder sometimes if Considine wasn't from Aberdeen and came through the youth system would he have as much fans?If he was from Glasgow and we signed him from St Mirren I don't think he would be as popular.

Jupiter
24-09-2017, 05:08 PM
I want to see a decent left back at left back. That doesn't mean Shinnie

But Shinnie is our only left back, it is only logical to play him there.

Pacman1903
24-09-2017, 05:45 PM
But Shinnie is our only left back, it is only logical to play him there.

We could have signed one, we could have played McKenna along time ago. There were other options than Shinnie

Mason89
24-09-2017, 05:51 PM
We could have signed one, we could have played McKenna along time ago. There were other options than Shinnie

We've got one. Harvie

rico94
24-09-2017, 06:02 PM

I thought McKenna done well when he started against fearts a few seasons ago but some people weren't too keen on him because he apparently was pysh for Ayr last season.

He will have poor games being so young and inexperienced but I would rather play him than our 30 year old defenders who have poor games.

Pacman1903
24-09-2017, 06:53 PM
We've got one. Harvie

Harvie another option i ommited

Aldo1983
24-09-2017, 06:59 PM
I thought McKenna done well when he started against fearts a few seasons ago but some people weren't too keen on him because he apparently was pysh for Ayr last season.

He will have poor games being so young and inexperienced but I would rather play him than our 30 year old defenders who have poor games.

He wasn't great for Alloa either but after today and after the last few seasons of Reynolds, he should definitely be considered centre half with Arnason.

It's an ideal situation right now and it's exactly what a club like ours needs.

neilthedon
24-09-2017, 07:00 PM
We've got one. Harvie

Harvie has a knee injury at the moment , according to Deek.

I'm sure he would have played him otherwise ?;D

rico94
24-09-2017, 08:02 PM
He wasn't great for Alloa either but after today and after the last few seasons of Reynolds, he should definitely be considered centre half with Arnason.

It's an ideal situation right now and it's exactly what a club like ours needs.

I think so too,the way I see it if you are inconsistent when you are 30 you are always going to be.But Russel Anderson was inconsistent in his early 20s so playing McKenna now when he is young and will have poor games might benefit us in the future.

RedStarTorphins
24-09-2017, 08:25 PM
I think so too,the way I see it if you are inconsistent when you are 30 you are always going to be.But Russel Anderson was inconsistent in his early 20s so playing McKenna now when he is young and will have poor games might benefit us in the future.

DM described McKenna as "an old fashioned centre half that attacks the ball".
That's exactly what we need.
He deserves a chance
Arnie can play the calming influence.
There's only one way we'll find out if he's good enough & we'll certainly know by the next 4-5 games, that's for sure.
Reynolds has had ump**** chances.
McKenna deserves his chance.
My concern is that by most accounts he didn't look great on loan at Ayr or Alloa.

kkong
24-09-2017, 08:42 PM
It's all to do with maximising the fee when the Hun bid for him in January.

edgarprais
25-09-2017, 08:39 AM
McLean's been a terrific signing for us. He's not without his flaws, but he's still one of our most consistent performers. Don't know why he's getting stick for yesterday -- he had a very good game.

I can't help but wonder if the Weegia stirring has coloured some of our fans' perceptions of McLean. Some of us seem to have just assumed that he's on his way in January or June. And he may go -- but let's cross that bridge when the time comes. Until then, I'd rather we get off his back. He's got a big role to play this season, but he seems to have been elected the new scapegoat (rather unfairly). We're a better team when we are all -- fans, players, management -- united.

GASC1980
24-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Has indicated he is leaving at the end of the season and Deek has thanked him for being upfront.

afc1903mad
24-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Has indicated he is leaving at the end of the season and Deek has thanked him for being upfront.

Horrible timing though.
No doubt Rangers will sniff about him in January and then snap up for nothing in the summer.
Same as they are doing with Walker at Hearts

How much would you accept for him in January?

DonVincenzo (The II)
24-10-2017, 01:06 PM
Better start a rebuilding job now then. That’s Christie, McLean and Stewart all going from midfield next season.

Aldo1983
24-10-2017, 01:09 PM
It's best he tells us now. Means we aren't fannying about and wondering what is happening. I'd still sell him in January and the money can go towards a shuttle bus. I like him, I think he's a good player often played out of position but he's not irreplaceable.

rico94
24-10-2017, 01:16 PM
It's best he tells us now. Means we aren't fannying about and wondering what is happening. I'd still sell him in January and the money can go towards a shuttle bus. I like him, I think he's a good player often played out of position but he's not irreplaceable.

I would agree with that.

If he does go to the huns, McLean and Jack in their midfield wont strike fear into anyone.

Mason89
24-10-2017, 01:20 PM
Drop the Hun rat just now.

Nobody would really notice anyway

donsdaft
24-10-2017, 01:33 PM

Exactly.

I don't think he has ever had a good game for the Dons, I don't expect him to start now.

Aldo1983
24-10-2017, 02:01 PM
I would agree with that.

If he does go to the huns, McLean and Jack in their midfield wont strike fear into anyone.

He's made his mind up and made it clear which is either a good thing or it means he has been tapped.

afc1903mad
24-10-2017, 02:07 PM

Exactly.

I don't think he has ever had a good game for the Dons, I don't expect him to start now.

Very clear you guys don't get to see much games ;)
He has had a period of poor form where he should have been rested, but he is a very influential player.

Stupie82
24-10-2017, 02:08 PM

I have noticed his performances have slightly improved in the run up to this decision. Like you, I would drop him now and it's not like he is irreplaceable. Jack and McLean in midfield for the huns... yes please :)

Mason89
24-10-2017, 02:10 PM
‘Very influential’

Ffs stoap it :D

donsdaft
24-10-2017, 02:12 PM
I'll go as far as to admit he's had games where he's not quite so bad as he was the game before.

Mostly though, he's been f'uckin atrocious.

Now, thank f'uck, it will be acceptable to openly BOO him every time the ball goes anywhere near him ( probably about 6 times every game)

Stupie82
24-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Just to add, its f*cking terrible timing by the club and manager. The eve of our biggest game of the season so far and he announces it, while no doubt picking him for the squad tomorrow. Like it or not, Kenny will be booed tomorrow night!!

donsdaft
24-10-2017, 02:43 PM
I f'uckin hope so.

Well, preferably he's not in the squad but if he is then I hope he gets booed to f'uck

GASC1980
24-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Why do you hope he gets booed???

Simply because of the timing of the announcement???

GASC1980
24-10-2017, 02:47 PM
A guy who has quite honestly come out and said he doesn't wish to renew his contract and that he would like a challenge elsewhere. A guy who is perfectly happy at Aberdeen but knows the money available to him in the English Championship.

donsdaft
24-10-2017, 02:47 PM
1/ Because he's s'hite
2/ Because he's a Hun

Everyone was supposed to pretend that Jack wasn't going to the Hun, there's not even an attempt at a smokescreen here.

He's a Hun, Boo the b'astard.

rico94
24-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Nae sure if its the best idea booing one of our players when we are up against the best team in the Country.

LED
24-10-2017, 02:52 PM
McLean has shafted us big time here. What has changed over the last three months that he has now decided he doesn't want to be an Aberdeen player next season? When the new club offered £300 k for him 3 month ago he should have told the club then that he had no intention of signing a new deal. Now he'll go for free on a pre contract come january.
He should rot in the development team . no way should we be putting him in the shop window.

LED
24-10-2017, 02:58 PM
A guy who has quite honestly come out and said he doesn't wish to renew his contract and that he would like a challenge elsewhere. A guy who is perfectly happy at Aberdeen but knows the money available to him in the English Championship.
Pity he wasn't quite honest with the club 3 month ago when sevco put in their bid and the transfer window was open.

GASC1980
24-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Have you actually considered that he might not actually want to go to sevco?

LED
24-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Yes I have which is why I also said when the transfer window was open.

kigoretrout
24-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Don't share the antipathy being expressed against McLean. Lets get behind the boys. I would love it if we busted Brendan's unbeaten record. I think McLean on the whole has been a decent player. Not sure that him and Christie are a good mix. We always seem to play him deeper than what would be his preferred position. He is quick, a good passer, plays the game at a decent tempo and is good in the air. He has had some honkers by his standards but if he played for us consistently close to his best he would have been bought for a big fee by someone else some time ago.

hulldon
24-10-2017, 03:34 PM
OK - tin hat on .......,,

Now, I may not see him very often, being stuck down in Englandshire and working most Saturdays, so my observations are based on about 7/8 games a season and highlights, but - and maybe I should whisper it - I am a big fan of McLean!
He is two-footed, can pick a pass, scores a few goals, can play holding "quarterback" midfielder role, as well as further forward, and is prepared to put his foot in! He seems to be seen by his team-mates as one of the leaders on the pitch, and Deek obviously likes him as he always seems to be first name on the team sheet. He never hides in games and is always happy to be given the ball even in tight situations, because his technique is good.
I would go as far to say, were he to be in the Dhims team he would be heralded as much as Armstrong and McGregor. I think we are lucky to have him, and he has been a bargain signing. Had we not had WGS as Scotland manager, I'm sure he'd have been in the squad regularly at least.
The timing of this ain't good, however, but it seems to be Deek who has told the press, rather than KM. Whilst I would be gutted if he did end up with the orcs, I'm not sure he'd have any more success than Jack is currently enjoying given their set-up.
I will be sad to see him go, as I feel he does a great job for us, and at 25, still has a lot to offer. On the playing front, I'd rather not let him go
In January, but we could possibly do with the cash! Although, if we are still there or thereabouts with the Dhims, we definitely shouldn't sell him.
I'm sure my views won't be given much credence by many posters on here, but they are honestly held. He seems to be the favourite scapegoat these days - after Consi, who I agree is limited as a left back - but I'm sure there will be a new scapegoat once he goes ....

donsdaft
24-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Well, if he's replaced by another nancy boy pratting around in midfield then I'm sure he'll get the same criticism.

afc1903mad
24-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Don't share the antipathy being expressed against McLean. Lets get behind the boys. I would love it if we busted Brendan's unbeaten record. I think McLean on the whole has been a decent player. Not sure that him and Christie are a good mix. We always seem to play him deeper than what would be his preferred position. He is quick, a good passer, plays the game at a decent tempo and is good in the air. He has had some honkers by his standards but if he played for us consistently close to his best he would have been bought for a big fee by someone else some time ago.

OK - tin hat on .......,,

Now, I may not see him very often, being stuck down in Englandshire and working most Saturdays, so my observations are based on about 7/8 games a season and highlights, but - and maybe I should whisper it - I am a big fan of McLean!
He is two-footed, can pick a pass, scores a few goals, can play holding "quarterback" midfielder role, as well as further forward, and is prepared to put his foot in! He seems to be seen by his team-mates as one of the leaders on the pitch, and Deek obviously likes him as he always seems to be first name on the team sheet. He never hides in games and is always happy to be given the ball even in tight situations, because his technique is good.
I would go as far to say, were he to be in the Dhims team he would be heralded as much as Armstrong and McGregor. I think we are lucky to have him, and he has been a bargain signing. Had we not had WGS as Scotland manager, I'm sure he'd have been in the squad regularly at least.
The timing of this ain't good, however, but it seems to be Deek who has told the press, rather than KM. Whilst I would be gutted if he did end up with the orcs, I'm not sure he'd have any more success than Jack is currently enjoying given their set-up.
I will be sad to see him go, as I feel he does a great job for us, and at 25, still has a lot to offer. On the playing front, I'd rather not let him go
In January, but we could possibly do with the cash! Although, if we are still there or thereabouts with the Dhims, we definitely shouldn't sell him.
I'm sure my views won't be given much credence by many posters on here, but they are honestly held. He seems to be the favourite scapegoat these days - after Consi, who I agree is limited as a left back - but I'm sure there will be a new scapegoat once he goes ....

No tin hat on guys. He is one of our most creative players.
I think that when he is below his best, it's because the effort and workrate around him was not there.
If the team are ticking, he can pick a pass and open up the play.

I think we will struggle to get a replacement.
For those that doubt it, who do you propose we get to replace McLean, especially given his versatility?

afc1903mad
24-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Well, if he's replaced by another nancy boy pratting around in midfield then I'm sure he'll get the same criticism.

Come on then Donsdaft, who do you propose we can get that will be more effective?

donsdaft
24-10-2017, 03:46 PM
More effective than McLean?

We will have at least half a dozen players on the books already.

afc1903mad
24-10-2017, 03:50 PM

Should be easy for you then.
Who are the half dozen players on the books ready to replace McLean.

I'll presume your thinking of Tansey for one. - Different type of player in my opinion
Frank Ross is a great potential, but still that, potential at the moment.

So who else will fill his role and not shoehorned into position?

Also, if they are already on the books and more effective than McLean, why are they not playing?

Mason89
24-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Gary McDonald

Don_Corleone
24-10-2017, 03:54 PM

Nonsense.

McLean has been a good signing and has obvious quality. Like others have said he’s at least as consistent as most of the rest of the team and if he was any more consistent he’d have been snapped up by someone else already. If we can get money in January and use it to sign Christie permanently that’ll be fine. However I think we’ll have trouble finding a replacement of similar quality with the budget we have.

He’s given us 3 good years - same story with lot of players his age, they just want a change and to earn a bit more cash in a short career. Just get behind the guy while we still have him. Who cares where he ends up next, doesn’t really make much difference to us.

afc1903mad
24-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Nonsense.

McLean has been a good signing and has obvious quality. Like others have said he’s at least as consistent as most of the rest of the team and if he was any more consistent he’d have been snapped up by someone else already. If we can get money in January and use it to sign Christie permanently that’ll be fine. However I think we’ll have trouble finding a replacement of similar quality with the budget we have.

He’s given us 3 good years - same story with lot of players his age, they just want a change and to earn a bit more cash in a short career. Just get behind the guy while we still have him. Who cares where he ends up next, doesn’t really make much difference to us.

Well said
:star::star:

Mason89
24-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Do you think McInnes wanted to deal with this on the eve of the Celtic game?

Pacman1903
24-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Id bin him. A player who does not want to stick around at a club does not give their all. We have seen it before.

We could have f@cking sold him in the summer too.

Tw@t

kigoretrout
24-10-2017, 04:09 PM
I think it would be different if it was Sevco we were playing. Not that I'm suggesting its a stick on he will end up there although it seems likely. Louis Moult has been doing ok for Motherwell even though its very clear he won't be sticking around there much longer. McGinn had a very good last six months at the club when he was clearly trying for a move away. So basically I think it might work out to our benefit for this season at least.

Mason89
24-10-2017, 04:15 PM
McGinn wants a move back to Scotland...

Aldo1983
24-10-2017, 04:34 PM
McLean has shafted us big time here. What has changed over the last three months that he has now decided he doesn't want to be an Aberdeen player next season? When the new club offered £300 k for him 3 month ago he should have told the club then that he had no intention of signing a new deal. Now he'll go for free on a pre contract come january.
He should rot in the development team . no way should we be putting him in the shop window.

Everyone on here knew he'd be leaving at the end of the season so not sure why the club didn't.

RED_JOHN
24-10-2017, 05:02 PM

We should ask Celtic if they fancy a player swap in January...McLean to them, Hayes to us.

thebeachend
24-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Everyone on here knew he'd be leaving at the end of the season so not sure why the club didn't.

Maybe they'll meet up again in January when DM brings him into Iprix after replacing Pedro in December. Just saying....

Feck_the_Huns
24-10-2017, 05:32 PM
McGinn wants a move back to Scotland...

Aye, and I'd take him back in Jan, punt McLean for around about £250K, then use that and add another £400K and look to see if Celtic will play ball with Christie in the summer.

Means we could end our persuit of Greg Stewart, who hasn't impressed me so far.

Hairdrier
24-10-2017, 05:52 PM
He's a good player, consistent and has definitely upped his game recently - probably with a view to a move.
I suspect McLean is a *** barsteward though and is angling for a move to mordor.
Ryan Jack has done well there....

Mason89
24-10-2017, 05:54 PM
I suspect McLean is a *** barsteward though..

There was a couple of videos doing the rounds last year, showcasing his Hun behaviour

Hairdrier
24-10-2017, 05:56 PM
I thought so. There isn't anyone in the current side that could step in. Bring McGinn back.

Heed_Don_In
24-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Moaning faced kunt. Yes, he is a good player, i was delighted when he signed, but over time...ive..well..gone off him. Clearly got talent, but he`d rather point and too quick to moan and flail his arms about when things dont go his way. He should sometimes use that frustration and energy to better effect by getting the sleeves rolled up and stuck in.

Bet his team mates wont miss him

Should take a leaf out of Hayes and Lewis` book on how you (financially) repay your club

Hun

Next

Mason89
24-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Heard him described as a 4-0 type player. That seems about right to me. Given that we’re rarely 4-0 up, we should chase him.

Also because he’s a f*cking Hun rat

Aldo1983
24-10-2017, 06:02 PM
Pity he wasn't quite honest with the club 3 month ago when sevco put in their bid and the transfer window was open.

Aye, and I'd take him back in Jan, punt McLean for around about £250K, then use that and add another £400K and look to see if Celtic will play ball with Christie in the summer.

Can't see us getting Christie at all. Apparently lawell was being difficult over the £150k for GMS. He might not play for Celtic but they'll get more money for him off of some English mob with kiddie on money.

Kari Arnason left the club after a year after ****ing us about and left for nothing yet he waltzed back in like he was Willie Miller.

KIWIRED
24-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Lets face it, he wants to move on, no problem with that.
He blows hot and cold and sometimes looks utterly uninterested.
If he goes to the Huns, well you question his professional ambition, but then again he might land a well paid job in the English lower league.
Will be instantly forgotten within a couple weeks of departure and that more or less sums him up

rico94
24-10-2017, 06:24 PM
I don’t think it’s a case of McLean telling the club in the last few days he is leaving in the summer,if he was going to sign a new deal he would have done so long before the season started.McInnes shouldn’t have brought it up the day before a big game it’s bad timing from him more than anyone else.

I find it quite funny now McGinns gone he is the best thing since sliced bread,yet when he was here he got as much abuse as McLean does XD

xtrmntr75
24-10-2017, 07:32 PM
I find it quite funny now McGinns gone he is the best thing since sliced bread,yet when he was here he got as much abuse as McLean does XD

He probably did. Certainly unjustified. 60 odd goals and probably as many assists. I’d have no problem seeing him in a red shirt come January

vinnydesalvo
24-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Greg Docherty of Hamilton, Lewis Morgan of St Mirren as replacements would do nicely.

RedStarTorphins
24-10-2017, 07:51 PM

Agree with that.
Stewart is a definite downgrade on McGinn.
Christie at “10” would also be an upgrade on KM.
Don’t see either happening.
We can’t afford Christie. Not sure he’ll be back at the Dhims, more likely the English Championship.

RedStarTorphins
24-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Greg Docherty of Hamilton, Lewis Morgan of St Mirren as replacements would do nicely.

Where would we get the £500-£700k?

phuxachemin
24-10-2017, 07:56 PM
He probably did. Certainly unjustified. 60 odd goals and probably as many assists. I’d have no problem seeing him in a red shirt come January

Well who knows about McGinn ?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1743808/aberdeen-niall-mcginn-south-korea-gwangju-struggle/

vinnydesalvo
24-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Where would we get the £500-£700k?

Pretty sure both deals could be done at @ £300k including add-ons, which would leave a bit of change from the McLean to Cardiff £750k in January. Get the board to add that to the Moult bid.

Don_Corleone
24-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Going by what most of the folk on here seem to think, we shouldn't have anyone playing for us if they aren't planning to stay with us for the rest of their career. Get real folks, if you get 3 or 4 good years out of a player you're doing well these days. The guy has given us plenty notice that he's leaving which he doesn't have to do. He'll likely move to a Championship club down south or to Rangers if anyone up here - does it really matter? No. Can't really blame the guy if he just fancies a change and opportunity to make more money.

If you think replacing him will be straightforward, you're mistaken. He has a touch of class about him and he's in the peak years of his career. We'll replace him with either an up and coming youngster who may or may not turn into the real deal, or some guy who's showed promise, gone down south and lost his way - who may or may not find it again - i.e. Stewart, May etc

On the other note of McGinn - I mentioned recently on another thread that we should take him back and punt Stewart. McGinn still has plenty to offer and will be keen to impress the N.Ireland boss if they make it to the World Cup. Stewart has done nothing to inspire so far.

InversneckieDob
24-10-2017, 08:04 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1743808/aberdeen-niall-mcginn-south-korea-gwangju-struggle/

Well who could POSSIBLY have ever seen that coming in a million years?

InversneckieDob
24-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Stewart is a definite downgrade on McGinn.

Completely different players, apples and oranges kind of comparison.

rico94
24-10-2017, 08:22 PM

The sun is also doing an article on McGinn joining the Huns in January.

Personally I can’t see McLean or McGinn moving there,once that nutter in charge gets fired their new manager will be looking for better than those 2.

JuanFatche
24-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Can't see McGinn going there after the bullets carry on, surely?

Aldo1983
24-10-2017, 08:46 PM
They don't like Catholics especially not not ex tim, ex sheep shagging, norn iron ones.

RedStarTorphins
24-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Completely different players, apples and oranges kind of comparison.

Not really.
Both wide right.
Different style, same position

RedStarTorphins
24-10-2017, 08:50 PM
The sun is also doing an article on McGinn joining the Huns in January.

Personally I can’t see McLean or McGinn moving there,once that nutter in charge gets fired their new manager will be looking for better than those 2.

I think McLean is a stick on for the B@stard Garden.

RedStarTorphins
24-10-2017, 08:52 PM
Pretty sure both deals could be done at @ £300k including add-ons, which would leave a bit of change from the McLean to Cardiff £750k in January. Get the board to add that to the Moult bid.

Cardiff offering £750k for KM?
Bear in mind they offered less for Hayes when he had more of his contract left in the summer, I can’t see it.

57vintage
24-10-2017, 09:08 PM
It's obvious that this news has been leaked to the media and McInnes has gone public on it to save banner headlines in the gutter press on the day of the game tomorrow.

I think McLean has had more good games than bad, but we've replaced better players before.

The filth are on the bones of their arses again financially (no Europe, no cup final bigotfest, King claiming penury, a manager to pay off, a crazy wage bill on which season ticket income was jizzed), and can't compete with what McLean might expect to earn in England.

I think we'll let him go in January, probably getting about half the fee we paid for him.

notinmyname
24-10-2017, 11:36 PM

...genuine wit on a forum! - well played!

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 04:45 AM
The timing's detrimental towards us. Get him out od the XI and up for sale.

Lewis

Logan Arnason McKenna Considine

O'Connor Shinnie

Wright May Mackay-Steven

Rooooooooooooooooney

Lets go, 5-0 Dons.

ragnarok
25-10-2017, 05:09 AM
Can't say I'm surprised he isn't signing a new contract. I just hoped that we could make a bit of profit on him. Never ideal losing a first team regular on a free transfer.

Hopefully he sees the h*ns as a dead end. And with all due respect to him, if he does go there and that's a reflection of the type of signing they're making they won't be challenging Celtic any time soon.

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 05:26 AM
Or us.

AFCG1903
25-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Would be heavily disappointed if Mclean gets stick from our fans at tonight's game.

The WHOLE team needs our backing tonight.

Don_Corleone
25-10-2017, 07:05 AM
Here’s an alternative theory about the timing of the announcement...

McInnes knows McLean is leaving - he knows the biggest shop window is the game v Celtic - he knows it’s a game he needs everyone at their best...

He alerts every manager in the country to the fact McLean will be up for grabs in the summer, if not January before our biggest game of the season - and tells McLean, “here’s your opportunity to go and catch the eye of the watching world and win yourself a big move”. In other words, Mcinnes is trying to use it as a means of motivating McLean to step up and deliver on the big stage.

donsdaft
25-10-2017, 07:30 AM
There's wishful thinking and then there's delusion.

57's version makes more sense, McInnes was just getting in before what would have been this mornings " exclusive "

rico94
25-10-2017, 07:34 AM
I think McLean is a stick on for the B@stard Garden.

McLean and Jack were our midfield duo for 2-3 years and we never really laid a glove on Celtic so if they have any far fetched ambition to challenge Celtic they are going have to sign better than those 2.

Unless of course Caixinha remains in charge as he seems to be under the impression his job is to finish above us instead of challenging Celtic, if he stays in the job I could see McLean going there.

neilthedon
25-10-2017, 07:53 AM
McLean and Jack were our midfield duo for 2-3 years and we never really laid a glove on Celtic so if they have any far fetched ambition to challenge Celtic they are going have to sign better than those 2.

Unless of course Caixinha remains in charge as he seems to be under the impression his job is to finish above us instead of challenging Celtic, if he stays in the job I could see McLean going there.

Jack didn`t seem to be able to play with anyone ?!!

Mclean is/was at his best in the more forward postion that Christie has taken. but he isn`t better than Christie at it.

Must be a source of frustration to him. In the deeper role he had flashes of looking god. I doubt the constant swapping around of players this season has helped much.

but whatever, I keep thinking back to the Cup Final. Open goal, and between him and Hayes they manage to screw it up. What does he do, he wanders around flailing his arms in despair. When he should have been screaming back into his place in the team asCeltic charged up the park. ? Maybe that`s what Mason means by a 4-0 type player.

Get Tansey in there , and let him get bedded in .

Don_Corleone
25-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Get Tansey in there , and let him get bedded in .

Tansey isn't the same class as McLean. We need another Shinnie type player in the middle, if Shinnie is going to be playing left back. O'Connor provides the defensive cover, but we need someone with energy and drive to get from box to box. I don't think we have anyone like that currently in the squad other than Shinnie. Tansey seems more similar to Jack from what I've seen.

afc1903mad
25-10-2017, 11:38 AM
It's obvious that this news has been leaked to the media and McInnes has gone public on it to save banner headlines in the gutter press on the day of the game tomorrow.

The timing's detrimental towards us. Get him out od the XI and up for sale.

The rumour I heard was that he was pulled into the office and asked about extending his contract.
He was open and honest saying his plan was always to be here for a couple of years and then get a better deal elsewhere.
He believes he will get a better financial opportunity and at 25 ir the prime age to go do so.

The club instigated this and the timing.

I think we all knew deep down he'd likely be off. Lets get behind him and the team tonight.

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 12:04 PM
**** McLean, I'm right behind OConnor and his best efforts, Miller style.

donsdaft
25-10-2017, 12:17 PM
Happy clapping at its finest.

F'uck off McLean you useless Hun c'unt.

afc1903mad
25-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Happy clapping at its finest.

F'uck off McLean you useless Hun c'unt.

Happier to be classed as a happy clapper than a delusional tw@t ;)

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 12:39 PM
We're all willing happy clappers, but if it's delusional you're after, wrong thread - see new stadium and training complex thingy.

Please refrain from calling a fellow Dandy with differing opinion with such negative bile.

afc1903mad
25-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Please refrain from calling a fellow Dandy with differing opinion with such negative bile.

Noted.
Was a poor reactive stance defending a player with a similarly negative bile name who is not here to defend themselves

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 12:49 PM
At least he's available to stick himself in the shop window though.

Cnut McLean's not that much of a swear word yet, is it?

InversneckieDob
25-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Not really.
Both wide right.
Different style, same position
Dunno about that.
I'd say one of Stewart's main problems is that he isnae suited to what was, formerly, default formation 4-2-3-1.
To me , Stewart's an inside forward, drifting wide then cutting in.
The three in behind was ideal for McGinn, for me he could've played any of the front 4 in that formation.
Dinna get me wrong, in terms of quality/ability, there's nae comparison, but it's nae a like for like thing.

InversneckieDob
25-10-2017, 01:18 PM
I think any offer for McLean in January will be about £700 000 less than that. If we get an offer over 100k for him in the window we bite their hand off.

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 02:21 PM
I think any offer for McLean in January will be about £700 000 less than that. If we get an offer over 100k for him in the window we bite their hand off.

Serious?

I'd be surprised if we accepted anything less than what we paid or were offered in summer. Pending on where we are headed January, anything less than 500k would Shirley be rejected. His 7 minute appearance against Netherlands will only bump up the fee.

donsviking
25-10-2017, 02:41 PM
As originator of this thread I am delighted that he is ofski.If he goes to Rangers, even better. The odd Hollywood pass was not enough for me. I don't think he will be missed by his midfield colleagues. We will find a better replacement.

Winston78Snelders
25-10-2017, 03:07 PM
So what if......

Mclean starts/comes off the bench to score the winner????

For me Mclean has put DM in a sh1tty situation by saying he wont be signing now, much better times through the season (start) he could have come to this conclusion and gone public in a time that suits all parties.

Oh well sell him in January for some £££ if we can and move on.

donsdaft
25-10-2017, 04:06 PM
What if....?

I'll go beserk, jump up and down then make my way home expecting to get a fair amount of stick on here.

3 points in the bag, I'll cope.

irnbru1903
25-10-2017, 08:50 PM
Honestly not much better than the invisible man and I don't give one flying ..... iota where he ends up as he will undoubtedly fail wherever. Anyone giving us money for him is quite frankly ...... well likely sevco manager.

fittiered
16-01-2018, 11:01 PM
Looks like norwich are going to pip the hunz fir km....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2102101/kenny-mclean-norwich-city-aberdeen-500000/

afc1903mad
16-01-2018, 11:14 PM
Looks like norwich are going to pip the hunz fir km....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2102101/kenny-mclean-norwich-city-aberdeen-500000/

So Maddison going to the Premiership is opening the way for a bid for McLean.

donsdaft
16-01-2018, 11:36 PM
You can't name those two in the same sentence.

One's a football player, the others a f'uckin p'oof

afc1903mad
16-01-2018, 11:37 PM

I can, I just have a different opinion than you.

Incidentally, Are you proud of your post?

KIWIRED
16-01-2018, 11:38 PM
So Maddison going to the Premiership is opening the way for a bid for McLean.

We live in hope. Hopefully more than 500k

donsdaft
16-01-2018, 11:41 PM
£5 would do

Don_Corleone
17-01-2018, 12:35 AM
£500K for a guy who's definitely gone in a few months time is decent business and I'd imagine the club would take it if that's what was offered. The difficulty will be bringing in a replacement for the rest of the season. If this Chidie guy is the business then he can play alongside Shinnie and we'll be okay, but I think losing McLean would have an impact on us. McInnes will have a few options in mind as he was going to have to replace him in the summer, but may not be available just now, and likely cost more as selling clubs will know we're slightly desperate to find a replacement fast.

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 06:53 AM
McInnes won't want to sell him. To be fair he knows he won't see much if any of the £500k.

Unlike most of you, I like him but I'd still sell him if that's the deal.

awafaehame
17-01-2018, 06:55 AM
McInnes won't want to sell him. To be fair he knows he won't see much if any of the £500k.

100% with you here Aldo, I also quite like him, but 500k for a player leaving anyhow in 6 months, is too good to turn down.....

Bridieeater
17-01-2018, 07:48 AM
100% with you here Aldo, I also quite like him, but 500k for a player leaving anyhow in 6 months, is too good to turn down.....

agree with this, problem will be getting a decent replacement in. I'd like to think that DM would have prepared for this type of scenario and will have one or two options to go for in the next fortnight.

awafaehame
17-01-2018, 08:01 AM
agree with this, problem will be getting a decent replacement in. I'd like to think that DM would have prepared for this type of scenario and will have one or two options to go for in the next fortnight.

This is the obvious concern.
I see that Dundee have slapped a £1.5m price tag on one of their players that the deid huns are sniffing at. To get a decent replacement, we need to either spend the money we get in total, or even add to it.
Players from the Championship in Scotland are leaving for ridiculous sums of money to the promised land in ingerlund, so we really do need to pull a diamond from the out of contract bosmans on the go...

87kilos
17-01-2018, 08:18 AM

Homophobic ridiculous post.

87kilos
17-01-2018, 08:20 AM
I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that Leeds are also sniffing around McLean.

Likewise I think he's a very underrated player by a lot of our support but I'd also take £500k right now.

RED_JOHN
17-01-2018, 08:41 AM

Likewise I think he's a very underrated player by a lot of our support but I'd also take £500k right now.

I would also take the money. Makes business sense and can be reinvested into a replacement.

RedStarTorphins
17-01-2018, 08:52 AM

I agree with all of that.

I think he is given a hard time by some.

He never hides, and along with Shinnie, he works harder than anyone else in the team and has a "good engine" as the cliché goes.

That all said, if we can get anything like £500k, we should definitely take it.
Good business sense.

However, I'll caveat that with 2 things.
- We MUST replace him in January even if we have to spend some/most/all of the money
- I think it's bollox

87kilos
17-01-2018, 08:59 AM
You saying that the Glasgow press are trying their hardest once again to unsettle the team ahead of another Sevco game???

Surely not!!!!!

ILikeJam
17-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Glad I'm not the only one who rates McLean highly. Possibly the best all round football player at the club.

However, he's leaving in June - we all know that so sell him now and take whatever's going. Have Christie playing in McLean's central attacking position and we've got McGinn coming in to play out wide.

I'm more worried about how we'll replace Christie...

neilthedon
17-01-2018, 09:56 AM
Glad I'm not the only one who rates McLean highly. Possibly the best all round football player at the club.

However, he's leaving in June - we all know that so sell him now and take whatever's going. Have Christie playing in McLean's central attacking position and we've got McGinn coming in to play out wide.

Greg Stewart . Then we still need a midfield " battler " !!

rico94
17-01-2018, 10:15 AM

I would agree with that, I have been critical of the fact he seems to have been undroppable as the title says but thats down to the manager more than him.

He has been a good player for us but 500k is too much to turn down considering he is leaving in the summer, it might be a good thing as Christie will be able to play in that central attacking position instead of shoe horning him out in the wing so McLean can play there.

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 10:20 AM
You saying that the Glasgow press are trying their hardest once again to unsettle the team ahead of another Sevco game???

Surely not!!!!!

If that's the case then we need to toughen up. Can't use this as an excuse.

That said, are they making it up? They didn't make the McInnes thing up.

Mr_Grieves
17-01-2018, 10:36 AM
I agree with all of that.

I think he is given a hard time by some.

Any Dons player that goes to Sevco matches deserve all the fvcking stick they get.

I hope there's an Orange Hall and a Sevco Supporters Club in Norwich.

GASC1980
17-01-2018, 10:46 AM
I really don't get some of the vitriol aimed at McLean in general. Unless we have 11 players on the park who are all Aberdeen daft and were born on Merkland Road then folk on here will never be happy. We know who McLean supports but folk on here seem to let that cloud their judgement a bit. He is a decent player who always tries and never hides. Yes he could have been better in a lot of games but he will be missed. However if Norwich want to pay half a million then we should jump at that. Tidy profit. Despite being what he is I know for a fact that he would rather try his hand in the Championship than go there.

RedStarTorphins
17-01-2018, 11:02 AM
Any Dons player that goes to Sevco matches deserve all the fvcking stick they get.

I hope there's an Orange Hall and a Sevco Supporters Club in Norwich.

Personally, I don't really care who our players or management team supported as a boy....as long as they give 100% on or off the pitch.
McLean is a hun - so?
He works harder than just about everyone else in the team.
OK, sometimes he has poor games, but it's not for want of trying.

And as for the pathetic hun supporting thing, who the f*ck do you think Ferguson, Miller, Bett, McLeish, Bell, Knox (do you want me to go on) supported?

But in the unlikely event it's anywhere near £500k, I'd definitely take it
I'd imagine the manager will have replacements in mind, as he always states he works TWO transfer windows in advance.

Mason89
17-01-2018, 11:05 AM
I cannot believe you’re saying he works hard & doesn’t go missing. He did absolutely f*ck all for us for months.

He’s a luxury player our team aren’t good enough to carry. If someone is mental enough to offer £500k for the Hun, we should bite their hands off.

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 11:13 AM
Personally, I don't really care who our players or management team supported as a boy....as long as they give 100% on or off the pitch.
McLean is a hun - so?
He works harder than just about everyone else in the team.
OK, sometimes he has poor games, but it's not for want of trying.

And as for the pathetic hun supporting thing, who the f*ck do you think Ferguson, Miller, Bett, McLeish, Bell, Knox (do you want me to go on) supported?

But in the unlikely event it's anywhere near £500k, I'd definitely take it
I'd imagine the manager will have replacements in mind, as he always states he works TWO transfer windows in advance.

Willie Miller supported Celtic but you are right, the majority of our best players have been either Huns or Tims.

RedStarTorphins
17-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Willie Miller supported Celtic but you are right, the majority of our best players have been either Huns or Tims.

Are you sure? I thought Willie was a blue nose?

But aye, 90% of our best players and/or managers are one of the a*se cheeks;

The Dhims; Leighton, Frank McDougall, Shearer, Weir, McGhee, Black(?)

Huns; Fergie, Knox, Miller (I'm sticking with that :-) ), McLeish, Bett, Bell, McMaster (?)

It matters not a f*ck to be honest - as long as they're producing the goods on the pitch.

OK, McLean is never going to be in the same bracket as any of the above, but (despite what some say) I think his work-rate is better than most in the current team, but at £500k, he is replaceable.
Unlikely, but you could see an attempt to sign Christie permanently, as he's perfect for the "no.10" position.
The benefit of McLean is that he can play as a "10" or play in the "2" in a 4-2-3-1

GASC1980
17-01-2018, 11:31 AM

Willie Miller supported Celtic. Aye so he did.

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 11:34 AM
Don't think he was that interested but that's what his old manager said. I was just speaking to him recently about it. Leighton came from the same team.

Jarvie was a hun as well. He came from a village with one street that produced 4 Scottish internationals.

Aberdeen would be like Dundee United if it weren't for weegies ;)

cougared
17-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Agree with consensus.

Good player.

Who he supports or where he was born doesn't matter.

Leaving in summer.

Take the money and give it to Celtic for Christie.

Mr_Grieves
17-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Its amazing that any Dons fan wouldn't be bothered about one of our players attending an Orange Hall and travelling to a Sevco match on a huns supporters bus while we're paying his wages.

Christie is more skilful and provides more of a goal threat than McLean. But since DM never drops McLean its Christie thats gets played out of position more often than KM.

The notion that KM never hides is a fvcking joke.

Mason89
17-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Who he supports or where he was born doesn't matter..

It’ll matter to him.

We’ve had problems with this in the recent past. There’s no evidence whatsoever that he downed tools against the Huns because they all did but if the squad ends up a Hun short, I’ll be happier

afc1903mad
17-01-2018, 12:16 PM

I like McLean and think he will be difficult to replace.
£500k with effectively 4 months left of his contract should be accepted.

Maybe Ross can step up or Chiddie can drop into the team alongside Shinnie

afc1903mad
17-01-2018, 12:21 PM
I cannot believe you’re saying he works hard & doesn’t go missing. He did absolutely f*ck all for us for months.

He’s a luxury player our team aren’t good enough to carry. If someone is mental enough to offer £500k for the Hun, we should bite their hands off.

He's one of our best players.
Always making effort and a sweet left foot.
Generally, most of our attacks start through McLean.

Mason89
17-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Generally, you just made that up

He doesn’t score, doesn’t set them up, can’t shoot & is posted missing in way more games than he turns up

Stupie82
17-01-2018, 12:38 PM

He doesn’t score, doesn’t set them up, can’t shoot & is posted missing in way more games than he turns up

Cant argue with any of that !! A lot are saying he is underrated, however i think the exact opposite. He can make a good pass from about 40 yards when he has a good day, but other than that he isn't all that great. Shooting is awful, goal tally terrible and always posted missing in big games. £500K... i would snap their arm off.

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 12:44 PM
Cant argue with any of that !! A lot are saying he is underrated, however i think the exact opposite. He can make a good pass from about 40 yards when he has a good day, but other than that he isn't all that great. Shooting is awful, goal tally terrible and always posted missing in big games. £500K... i would snap their arm off.

I don't think he's underrated, I just think he's played out of position and has been since day 1.

rico94
17-01-2018, 01:09 PM

I would agree with you on that, if you are bothered who our players or management team support you are p*ssing in the wind.

From what I have heard the current u20 squad is riddled with erse cheek fans too.

Im not on Twitter but a few people I know say that Harvie follows the huns on twitter.

As I said before Storie is supposed to have a hun tattoo.

Frank Ross is from a family of Huns.

Not sure about others but I would imagine there are more considering a lot of the youngsters are from the central belt.

awafaehame
17-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Take the money and give it to Celtic for Christie.

I'd be more than happy with that....

kigoretrout
17-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Can't understand the antipathy towards McLean. He is a proper footballer. He is played deeper than he would probably like. Firstly to accommodate Christie and secondly because we don't have any other midfielders who can take the ball deep and move it quickly upfield with the range of passing he has in his locker. He is also pretty quick and can cover a lot of ground as well as being decent in the air. He is head and shoulders above the likes of Tansey and O'Connor.

I do get frustrated with him sometimes just because I feel he could offer a bit more. But by a bit more I mean by his standards not the by the standards of his aforementioned midfield colleagues. We will miss him when he goes.

Don_Corleone
17-01-2018, 01:46 PM
Can't understand the antipathy towards McLean. He is a proper footballer. He is played deeper than he would probably like. Firstly to accommodate Christie and secondly because we don't have any other midfielders who can take the ball deep and move it quickly upfield with the range of passing he has in his locker. He is also pretty quick and can cover a lot of ground as well as being decent in the air. He is head and shoulders above the likes of Tansey and O'Connor.

I do get frustrated with him sometimes just because I feel he could offer a bit more. But by a bit more I mean by his standards not the by the standards of his aforementioned midfield colleagues. We will miss him when he goes.

Spot on.

He's been a ***** component of our team for a few seasons now and people probably won't fully realise it until he's gone. He is probably better in a more attacking role, but I think Christie is better than him in that area, hence why he's played further back. His passing is better than anyone else in the team, his height in midfield is useful too, he does get stuck in, he keeps the ball well usually, moves things from back to front, has a goal threat etc. He's a good all rounder and will be hard to replace, especially under pressure during a short window.

Having said all that, if he's going anyway in a few months time and we're offered £500K I think it would be stupid not to take it. If we can use it towards getting Christie permanently, or sign a couple of up and coming younger players with it, it would be good business.

Mason89
17-01-2018, 02:17 PM
It’s a shame we need McGinn out wide because I’d be supremely confident that he could do Kenny McLeans job better

87kilos
17-01-2018, 02:33 PM
It’s a shame we need McGinn out wide because I’d be supremely confident that he could do Kenny McLeans job better

It's a shame you still feel like need to continuously post negative guff in the hope of a reaction. Nobody is biting, move on. We get that you hate McInnes, McLean, the stadium, the team, the city.

Mason89
17-01-2018, 02:38 PM
It's a shame you still feel like need to continuously post negative guff in the hope of a reaction. Nobody is biting, move on. We get that you hate McInnes, McLean, the stadium, the team, the city.

McGinn is a much better footballer than McLean. Judge it by any standard you like. Why you quite felt the need to throw another strop there is anyone’s guess. I’ll probably give you a better window for it soon

cougared
17-01-2018, 02:44 PM
.. and Black and gold season ticket holders who go to all the away games and so have hunners of loyalty points. They're no even real fans.

87kilos
17-01-2018, 02:51 PM
McGinn is a much better footballer than McLean. Judge it by any standard you like. Why you quite felt the need to throw another strop there is anyone’s guess. I’ll probably give you a better window for it soon

And your a bigger tit than anyone on here judge it by any standard.

Mason89
17-01-2018, 03:07 PM
And your a bigger tit than anyone on here judge it by any standard.

Stroppy cow

neilthedon
17-01-2018, 03:31 PM
.. and Black and gold season ticket holders who go to all the away games and so have hunners of loyalty points. They're no even real fans.

Ouch . I`m hurt by that !!
You should have included Europe in it the dig too though .

neilthedon
17-01-2018, 03:32 PM

Me, me , me !!! Don`t forget Europe in that slur !!

donsdaft
17-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Udder rubbish

Mason89
17-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Och Mase you've disappointed me here...:blue:

You’re right & I apologise to the huffy ****
Sorry

57vintage
17-01-2018, 04:54 PM
I Like the boy, and think he's brought a lot to the team. Sometimes you don't notice these things until they're no longer there.

If Norwich are ponying up the reported £0.5m for the sake of four months, though, we should grab it and invest it in a "Fitba Buses Only Lane **** Off Out Of It You NIMBY Self-Satisfied Nouveau-Riche Bourgeois ****s" on the A944. Which will make no difference.

Mason89
17-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Thank you kindly. I’ll not let it happen again :)

Anyway, back on topic. Anyone seen the vid of McLean signing one of the banned Huns songs? It’s a cracker :D

mondo_notion
17-01-2018, 06:16 PM

Anyway, back on topic. Anyone seen the vid of McLean signing one of the banned Huns songs? It’s a cracker :D

No, you keep going on about it and never bother linking it so we can all have a look.

If KM had a beard we would have got 15 more goals out of him a season. It was that easy.

Mr_Grieves
17-01-2018, 06:18 PM

Was he wearing his sash ?

If he does go to the guff Championship it won't be long before he's found out down there. He'll be back in Scotland playing for his beloved huns in no time.

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 06:34 PM
No, you keep going on about it and never bother linking it so we can all have a look.

If KM had a beard we would have got 15 more goals out of him a season. It was that easy.

McLean is 97% hairless.

hulldon
17-01-2018, 06:41 PM
I'm definitely in the pro-KM camp. As others have said, he is always available and "brave" with the ball in modern footballspeak - he is possible our best receiver of the ball in tight situations, a skill sadly lacking in too many of our players at the moment. Yes, he hasn't scored as many goals as he might have done, but as others have also said, he has been switched around positions, quite often doing several different roles in the same match. Holding in a sort of quarterback role, the No. 10 role, out wide, even twin striker at times. I also feel that if Johnny Hayes pass in the cup final had been better and he had scored, and we had won the cup, his standing amongst some Dons fans who think him useless ( a minority I think) would have been much higher.
He still has his best years ahead of him, and I feel it's a shame that he is going, as I don't think we have seen the best of him yet, but if he is going in summer anyway, then 500K (not enough in my eyes) for him now, especially going to Englandshire, should be taken, if possible. And I would rather have him down there (or here from my point of view) than up at Iprix. If that were to happen, I have a feeling we would regret it more!

Jupiter
17-01-2018, 06:48 PM
Definitely take the money, and there is the bonus of pissing off Sevco.

cougared
17-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Och Mase you've disappointed me here...:blue:

Sorry NTD. Didn't think about Europe with it snowing an all.

cougared
17-01-2018, 07:32 PM
I wish i could use the post with quotes thingy.

kkong
17-01-2018, 08:07 PM
As I said before Storie is supposed to have a hun tattoo.

Well, we don't need to concern ourselves with Craig Storie any more.

Mason89
17-01-2018, 08:08 PM
McLean is 97% hairless.

Hun eyebrows

afc1903mad
17-01-2018, 10:04 PM

Clearly you don’t see him ever enough

afc1903mad
17-01-2018, 10:06 PM

To the point.
Well said

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 10:06 PM

#TopRed alert

afc1903mad
17-01-2018, 10:10 PM
#TopRed alert

Give it a rest min

#StalkerAlert

Mason89
17-01-2018, 10:11 PM

Correct. Combination of not being a top red & his hide & seek skills

I think McLean is the easiest person to replace in the starting XI

afc1903mad
17-01-2018, 10:14 PM

Your opinion, based on your own acknowledged lack of knowledge.

Plenty in here can spot a player and appreciate what he brings to the team.

Nothing to do with top red or not. Just an ability to understand football and recognise a players quality.
As I said, plenty in here do appreciate what KM does for Aberdeen

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Your opinion, based on your own acknowledged lack of knowledge.

Plenty in here can spot a player and appreciate what he brings to the team.

Nothing to do with top red or not. Just an ability to understand football and recognise a players quality.
As I said, plenty in here do appreciate what KM does for Aberdeen

From a previous post, you can't have an opinion if you aren't as #TopRed as you are. So everyone else knows **** all...and I like McLean. I'm just not enough of a #TopRed to know I like him. Right?

Mason89
17-01-2018, 10:18 PM
So what does he bring to the team. Goals? Assists? Tackling? Tracking & marking players? Consistent performance?

He’s a lightweight powder puff 4-0 type player. Swans about like Bertie Big *******s when the goings good but does a Lord Lucan when you need him most.

And he’s the very worst type of Hun

RedStarTorphins
17-01-2018, 10:18 PM

I’ll see your Kenny McLean... and raise you Andy Considine.

Mason89
17-01-2018, 10:20 PM
I’ll see your Kenny McLean... and raise you Andy Considine.

He wouldn’t be in my starting XI ;)

afc1903mad
17-01-2018, 10:20 PM
From a previous post, you can't have an opinion if you aren't as #TopRed as you are. So everyone else knows **** all...and I like McLean. I'm just not enough of a #TopRed to know I like him. Right?

You like McLean, yet your stalking me for disagreeing with Mason to say I recognise his attributes.
Of course he has the right to an opinion.
It’s clear from all the posts he’s a WUM and only on here to cause negative debate.
I guess I should learn and not bite (as another poster put it)

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 10:25 PM
You like McLean, yet your stalking me for disagreeing with Mason to say I recognise his attributes.
Of course he has the right to an opinion.
It’s clear from all the posts he’s a WUM and only on here to cause negative debate.
I guess I should learn and not bite (as another poster put it)

More to do with you previously stating that you know better because you are a #TopRed

afc1903mad
17-01-2018, 10:28 PM
More to do with you previously stating that you know better because you are a #TopRed

Yawn, nothing to do with being a top red or not.
As I said, plenty in here (including yourself) agree with me.

Are you upset as you are not a self proclaimed (I’ve never used the term) topred?

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 10:31 PM

Are you upset as you are not a self proclaimed (I’ve never used the term) topred?

Not really and you've made it quite clear previously #TopRed

afc1903mad
17-01-2018, 10:32 PM

#WierdoStalkerAlert

mondo_notion
17-01-2018, 10:33 PM

Just whack your loyalty points out for all to see and be done with it.

blowupsheep
18-01-2018, 02:49 AM
I don't think he's underrated,.

I don't think he is underrated either, I just think he's sh1te....

Take the money ffs

Stand Free!!!

donsdaft
18-01-2018, 09:22 AM
So what does he bring to the team. Goals? Assists? Tackling? Tracking & marking players? Consistent performance?

He’s a lightweight powder puff 4-0 type player. Swans about like Bertie Big *******s when the goings good but does a Lord Lucan when you need him most.

Very succinctly put

ILikeJam
18-01-2018, 12:02 PM
#WierdoStalkerAlert

Fück me you cünts are boring as fück

kigoretrout
18-01-2018, 12:36 PM

Couldn't disagree more.

The days of the dons being able to buy a Jim Bett class midfielder or being able to hold onto him for more than 5 mins are long gone. Kenny McLean is probably the best midfielder at the club. I could be wrong but I think a lot of the animosity is because he is a dyed in the wool hun. The video referred to is when he was a loon on some god forsaken Glasgow estate. What team did you expect him to support Plastic Whistle ?

Similar sentiments were being directed towards Niall McGinn at one stage because of his obvious Celtic connections.

afc1903mad
18-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Couldn't disagree more.

The days of the dons being able to buy a Jim Bett class midfielder or being able to hold onto him for more than 5 mins are long gone. Kenny McLean is probably the best midfielder at the club. I could be wrong but I think a lot of the animosity is because he is a dyed in the wool hun. The video referred to is when he was a loon on some god forsaken Glasgow estate. What team did you expect him to support Plastic Whistle ?

Similar sentiments were being directed towards Niall McGinn at one stage because of his obvious Celtic connections.

To be honest, KM is probably the 2nd outfield player on the team sheet.
Shinnie would be first and there's a reason he is captain.
He drives us forward with the energy he brings to the team in midfield.
I'd pick McLean next, just slightly ahead of Christie, because of his versatility.
It's because of that versatility that he's played in a number of different roles for Aberdeen.

Class player for our level and will be very hard to replace when he goes.

afc_1983
18-01-2018, 12:59 PM
To be honest, KM is probably the 2nd outfield player on the team sheet.
Shinnie would be first and there's a reason he is captain.
He drives us forward with the energy he brings to the team in midfield.
I'd pick McLean next, just slightly ahead of Christie, because of his versatility.
It's because of that versatility that he's played in a number of different roles for Aberdeen.

Class player for our level and will be very hard to replace when he goes.

Yip, he probably hasn't been quite as effective as a goal scoring midfielder as he probably hoped he would be, and he is not the type of player to put the boot in, but some of the criticism he gets is incredible. As other have said, McLean never ever hides. He works tirelessly even when he's not having a great game, and he does come up with the odd goal and assist. Most importantly, he's part of a team unit that has undoubtedly been greater than the sum of its parts.

There has been an undercurrent of criticism of him since he signed, but it has only grown since he became linked with Rangers and exacerbated further when he was open and honest with everyone back in the summer by stating he would not be re-signing - something we should be grateful for, since it allows us to plan early, and is in stark contrast to the snake Jack. His commitment since that announcement cannot be called into question.

That all said, we should be biting off anyone's hand for 500k for him now. The earlier we get a deal done this month the more time we have to get a solid replacement in.

Mason89
18-01-2018, 01:03 PM
The video referred to is when he was a loon on some god forsaken Glasgow estate. What team did you expect him to support Plastic Whistle.

Not the one I saw but it’s interesting to know there’s another one:)

donsdaft
18-01-2018, 01:11 PM
I never could stand the sight of him.

I shut up at first (difficult to believe I know) because I was able to recognize that he was exactly the type of player I don't like.

But his arrogant poncing around got the better of me.

Hopefully we can ALL agree that 500,000 is a great offer, hopefully he's on his way before the weekend.

rico94
18-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Yip, he probably hasn't been quite as effective as a goal scoring midfielder as he probably hoped he would be, and he is not the type of player to put the boot in, but some of the criticism he gets is incredible. As other have said, McLean never ever hides. He works tirelessly even when he's not having a great game, and he does come up with the odd goal and assist. Most importantly, he's part of a team unit that has undoubtedly been greater than the sum of its parts.

There has been an undercurrent of criticism of him since he signed, but it has only grown since he became linked with Rangers and exacerbated further when he was open and honest with everyone back in the summer by stating he would not be re-signing - something we should be grateful for, since it allows us to plan early, and is in stark contrast to the snake Jack. His commitment since that announcement cannot be called into question.

That all said, we should be biting off anyone's hand for 500k for him now. The earlier we get a deal done this month the more time we have to get a solid replacement in.

McLeans record for us is 139 appearances 18 goals and 14 assists.

I have seen players with worse records than that being worshiped by some Dons fans on here,which kind of shows you it has nothing to do with his performances on the pitch.

Im sure the guy is a bell end on a personal level, but where would we be if we had a team full of Andy "local loon, seems like an all round nice guy" Considines.

Mason89
18-01-2018, 01:33 PM
15 assists, counting his howler at Parkhead

PittodriePile
18-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Fück me you cünts are boring as fück

Was just readying the same reply, fück me!

PittodriePile
18-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Im sure the guy is a bell end on a personal level

How would you ever know this? Sick fed up of people who have absolutely no idea make up pointless stuff to fill their lunch breaks...

Aldo1983
18-01-2018, 02:06 PM
How would you ever know this? Sick fed up of people who have absolutely no idea make up pointless stuff to fill their lunch breaks...

What did you have? I had some homemade soup, sweet potato with apricots roasted in a pot. Lovely. Mmm.

Is that thread still going?

rico94
18-01-2018, 02:10 PM

I dont know for sure because I have never met him but my presumption was down to 99% of footballers think they are the dogs bollox.

I was actually sticking up for him, you have just highlighted the one negative thing I said about him in the post. I can do that too if you want.

Why have you not had a go at the other people who are constantly spouting shyte about him?

rico94
18-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Sick fed up of people

Then dont talk to anyone.

See.

donsdaft
18-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Lunch breaks?

F'uckin lunch breaks?

Wimps

GASC1980
18-01-2018, 03:19 PM
McLeans record for us is 139 appearances 18 goals and 14 assists.

I have seen players with worse records than that being worshiped by some Dons fans on here,which kind of shows you it has nothing to do with his performances on the pitch.

Im sure the guy is a bell end on a personal level, but where would we be if we had a team full of Andy "local loon, seems like an all round nice guy" Considines.

You really couldn't be further from the truth but crack on.

GASC1980
18-01-2018, 03:21 PM
I'm talking about your comment about him being a bell end.

NewOrleansRed
18-01-2018, 03:35 PM
What did you have? I had some homemade soup, sweet potato with apricots roasted in a pot. Lovely. Mmm.

Is that thread still going?

Roasted sweet potatoes and apricots sounds affa fine like.

Mason89
18-01-2018, 03:37 PM

You’ll be able to get that at the new stadium

NewOrleansRed
18-01-2018, 03:37 PM
I dont know for sure because I have never met him but my presumption was down to 99% of footballers think they are the dogs bollox.

I was actually sticking up for him, you have just highlighted the one negative thing I said about him in the post. I can do that too if you want.

Why have you not had a go at the other people who are constantly spouting shyte about him?

I heard he shaaaawt a man in Reno.

Just to watch him diiiiiie.

NewOrleansRed
18-01-2018, 03:42 PM

This days off to a flyer. I’m petitioning for those miracle pies. Bean and tattie. Crusty mash and dehydrated beans atop a magnificent mess. A mannies piece de resistance.

donsdaft
18-01-2018, 04:03 PM
I had an Aitkens mince pie for my denner.

This must be the only country in Europe where it would be classified as a food.

February_1971
18-01-2018, 04:42 PM
If the Norwich rumour is true, we will need to replace him quickly.
Good player and will not be easy to replace.

Aldo1983
18-01-2018, 05:02 PM

Thanks I'd give you the recipe but like Masons says, it'll be exclusive to the club.

Micheal Heart's Hearty Sweet Potato and Apricot Soup®️

cougared
18-01-2018, 05:14 PM

If you are in the special Black and Gold section.

mondo_notion
18-01-2018, 05:15 PM
If the Norwich rumour is true, we will need to replace him quickly.
Good player and will not be easy to replace.

It's gone a bitty quiet on this hasn't it?

rico94
18-01-2018, 07:05 PM
I'm talking about your comment about him being a bell end.

Hey listen if you actually read my post properly it was in response to the same posters who have called him every name under the sun because they simply don’t like him.

I don’t see you having a go at them.

For the record I think he has been a good player for us,my point was even if he is a prick like some are saying I would still rather have him in the team than some shyte player who looks like he would be a good laugh to go for a pint with.

InversneckieDob
18-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Then dont talk to anyone.

See.
Yeah, that's what I do.........
SH1T.

RED_JOHN
18-01-2018, 07:34 PM
If Kenny McLean was definitely interested in going to the dirty Rangers he could easily just sign a pre contract with them.
I hope we manage to get a deal from Norwich for the £500,000 as the media have reported....I don’t have much confidence that this will be the real fee intended on being paid though.
McKenna is a player we don’t have to sell though as he has plenty time on his contract. Talking to Hamilton Accies about Devlin would suggest we are maybe going to do further business with Hull City.
Interesting times ahead if we get good cash for our players as surely McInnes will want to utilise any incoming funds.

Millers_Tash
18-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Talking to Hamilton Accies about Devlin would suggest we are maybe going to do further business with Hull City.

Or, alternatively, future planning, since Arnason and Reynolds are getting on a bit, and O'Connor's ****e and out of contract soon (i think).

OhioRed
19-01-2018, 12:31 AM
Kenny McLean is a decent midfielder. He undoubtedly has skill and it could be tricky finding a direct replacement. But from my point point of view he isn't the player some seem to think.

When we bought him he was a good player in a not so good team, and I think the calibre of players around him made him look better than he really was. He was the standout player in their team, but I think any good player would have been. We bought him amid much talk of the great player we had just got. For me he was a disappointment.

He seems to have changed a bit since we first got him. He doesn't fall over and lie prone waiting for the ref to give a free kick while the opposition run into the space he so recently vacated by falling over at the first hint there might be contact. We had a lot of goal threats directly down to McLean's affinity for a lie down on the turf. He doesn't seem to do that so regularly these days, thankfully. He can pass but this seems decidedly patchy. He is prone to sending a long diagonal into an area where there are no red shirts. I think he often does that because he hit the ball before he looked up.

That said he has good close control. Unfortunately he rarely displays that in or around the opposition box and his shooting, especially from distance, is erratic. He has scored a total of 18 goals for us, 13 in the league. That's pretty average for a midfielder, it certainly doesn't suggest the type of player that we were originally told we had got. He would "add goals from midfield", well yes, but not the kind of numbers that statement would have suggested. I know his defenders will say he has been played out of position, but he has been played in virtually every outfield position in midfield and attack at some point. All with much the same result.

I am not saying he is a bad player, he isn't. I just think we could obtain someone who does at least one of his jobs more effectively than he does. I don't know who that would be as I only really watch Aberdeen, but there are midfielders out there better than McLean.

kigoretrout
19-01-2018, 02:02 PM
I would be very surprised if the club would be remotely interested in talking to Hull for the sort of sums being suggested particularly given the length of contract McKenna is presently on. I think it would take silly money eg 1million plus for them to consider cashing in at this stage.

kigoretrout
19-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Kenny McLean is a decent midfielder. He undoubtedly has skill and it could be tricky finding a direct replacement. But from my point point of view he isn't the player some seem to think.

When we bought him he was a good player in a not so good team, and I think the calibre of players around him made him look better than he really was. He was the standout player in their team, but I think any good player would have been. We bought him amid much talk of the great player we had just got. For me he was a disappointment.

He seems to have changed a bit since we first got him. He doesn't fall over and lie prone waiting for the ref to give a free kick while the opposition run into the space he so recently vacated by falling over at the first hint there might be contact. We had a lot of goal threats directly down to McLean's affinity for a lie down on the turf. He doesn't seem to do that so regularly these days, thankfully. He can pass but this seems decidedly patchy. He is prone to sending a long diagonal into an area where there are no red shirts. I think he often does that because he hit the ball before he looked up.

That said he has good close control. Unfortunately he rarely displays that in or around the opposition box and his shooting, especially from distance, is erratic. He has scored a total of 18 goals for us, 13 in the league. That's pretty average for a midfielder, it certainly doesn't suggest the type of player that we were originally told we had got. He would "add goals from midfield", well yes, but not the kind of numbers that statement would have suggested. I know his defenders will say he has been played out of position, but he has been played in virtually every outfield position in midfield and attack at some point. All with much the same result.

I am not saying he is a bad player, he isn't. I just think we could obtain someone who does at least one of his jobs more effectively than he does. I don't know who that would be as I only really watch Aberdeen, but there are midfielders out there better than McLean.

Nope. I genuinely think we will struggle to replace him. McGeoch would be decent but as said before very injury prone. McLean isn't and is hardly ever injured. In the recent capitulation to the Tims he was the only one in Red who looked like a proper footballer.

Mr_Grieves
19-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Nope. I genuinely think we will struggle to replace him. McGeoch would be decent but as said before very injury prone. McLean isn't and is hardly ever injured. In the recent capitulation to the Tims he was the only one in Red who looked like a proper footballer.

It was his fvck-up that caused their 3rd goal.

donsdaft
19-01-2018, 06:34 PM
F'uck, has he not gone yet?

Hopefully he's "injured" tomorrow

Aldo1983
19-01-2018, 06:36 PM
F'uck, has he not gone yet?

Hopefully he's "injured" tomorrow

I'd imagine he will want him for tomorrow then he'll be off.

its_a_goal
19-01-2018, 06:42 PM
I think McLean is a fairly good player who we will struggle to replace. He's much more effective though when he keeps things simple. He does my head in with his "Hollywood" 60 yard diagonal passes which, initially look great, almost make it, but never do and end up being intercepted or going out for a throw. Invariably the commentator will say "great vision from McLean". Great vision is no good, if it's not followed up with proper execution. Having said all that, for the most part, he is very effective for our team.

RedStarTorphins
19-01-2018, 07:24 PM
I'd imagine he will want him for tomorrow then he'll be off.

If, and it is a big if, we have a £500k offer on the table, I don’t think we’d risk him getting injured tomorrow.
Similar to Hamilton who have left Docherty out of their squad for a Lanarkshire derby tomorrow.
Maybe I’m wrong.
We will see
Maybe you’re right, maybe they’ll sell him after the game at the B@stard Garden.

fittiered
19-01-2018, 11:01 PM
The hu n saying it’s his last game for the Dons!!!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2117233/aberdeen-derek-mcinnes-kenny-mclean-st-mirren/

rico94
19-01-2018, 11:17 PM
Whether you like him or not I guarantee there will be people posting on here “we are missing McLean” when he is gone like some have been saying about Hayes and McGinn this season.

Speaking of McGinn everything is rosey with him right now but I give it 2 to 3 games before it’s back to the usual gripes of “he needs a kick up the erse ”,”I don’t like the look of his face”etc etc

87kilos
20-01-2018, 08:01 AM
Whether you like him or not I guarantee there will be people posting on here “we are missing McLean” when he is gone like some have been saying about Hayes and McGinn this season.

Speaking of McGinn everything is rosey with him right now but I give it 2 to 3 games before it’s back to the usual gripes of “he needs a kick up the erse ”,”I don’t like the look of his face”etc etc

We were always going to miss Hayes and McGinn. It was the euphoria that surrounded Jack getting replaced by a better player in Tansey that is laughable looking back.

We are crying out for a player of Ryan Jack's ability and composure to beef up the midfield. The replacement has been punted already due to being cr@p.

donsdaft
20-01-2018, 08:15 AM
Strange memory there min.

I can't remember anyone being enthusiastic at all about the Tansey signing.
Hopeful maybe.

Jack however can get tae f'uck.

RED_JOHN
20-01-2018, 08:30 AM
Willie Miller supported Celtic. Aye so he did.

Agreed. Miller never showed his support for any other team when he played for Aberdeen. Even to this day in his job for the bbc he is only known as the great Aberdeen captain. I don’t hear him shouting for any other team except the Dons. Miller truly was what a Dons player should be...always proving he could play against anyone and any team. The players nowadays could take note.

fittiered
20-01-2018, 09:59 AM
We are crying out for a player of Ryan Jack's ability and composure to beef up the midfield. The replacement has been punted already due to being cr@p.

I don’t think lyan rat was very good for Aberdeen and remember of coming away from games thinking the rat had a sh!t game quite often. Fk him and it looks like the liar is out for the season..... Hee Hee. Fk the cnt.

Aldo1983
20-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Agreed. Miller never showed his support for any other team when he played for Aberdeen. Even to this day in his job for the bbc he is only known as the great Aberdeen captain. I don’t hear him shouting for any other team except the Dons. Miller truly was what a Dons player should be...always proving he could play against anyone and any team. The players nowadays could take note.

He was. It's fact.

Anyway, didn't realise DM said that he's expecting a bid for McLean this week. So this will be his last game I'd imagine.

neilthedon
20-01-2018, 11:02 AM
He was. It's fact.

Anyway, didn't realise DM said that he's expecting a bid for McLean this week. So this will be his last game I'd imagine.

Strange ? It's been a while since I've read his biography. BUt pretty sure that memory would have stuck with me if he had said he supports one of them ? All I remember from it was how , as a kid he wasn't bothered one way or the other ?
. I'll have to go read it again. It'Ll be the truth , whatever Wullie would never lie to us .

InversneckieDob
20-01-2018, 11:52 AM
In Willie's day when you were a kid you mebbe "nominally" supported team but you never went to see them cos you were ayeways playing, Saturday a.m. school Saturday p.m. Boys Club/Juvenile, Sunday same or BB.

When I was at school the good players might pledge an allegiance but they never really supported a team, that was left to the dumplings like me.

Aldo1983
20-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Strange ? It's been a while since I've read his biography. BUt pretty sure that memory would have stuck with me if he had said he supports one of them ? All I remember from it was how , as a kid he wasn't bothered one way or the other ?
. I'll have to go read it again. It'Ll be the truth , whatever Wullie would never lie to us .

You should read "The Moon's a Balloon".

Mason89
20-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Cracking cross field pass there

57vintage
20-01-2018, 07:56 PM
In Willie's day when you were a kid you mebbe "nominally" supported team but you never went to see them cos you were ayeways playing, Saturday a.m. school Saturday p.m. Boys Club/Juvenile, Sunday same or BB.

When I was at school the good players might pledge an allegiance but they never really supported a team, that was left to the dumplings like me.

Exactly that. That’s why I ended up playing Welfare* fitba on a Sunday than Amateur on a Saturday. Also because I was ****e at fitba, of course. These boys who made it favoured teams rather than supporting them. Logistics didn’t allow it

* the biggest of all misnomers. ‘Welfare’ was the last thing on some of these thugs’ minds.

Pacman1903
20-01-2018, 08:21 PM

He definatley states in his book he did not support either

Aldo1983
20-01-2018, 08:26 PM
He definatley states in his book he did not support either

I'm aware of that. His old manager says otherwise. It's no big deal. The point I was making is that all our best players are weegies and you have to expect them to support either one.

Pacman1903
20-01-2018, 08:38 PM
I dont give a f@ck either way. Just dinna be getting your photo taken in the away end at Rugby Park and it to be posted on the net, or have a celtic birthday cake or not celebrate a goal at Parkhead etc when employed by Aberdeen FC

vinnydesalvo
21-01-2018, 12:40 PM
Loved his witty acknowledgement of the negative Saints banter yesterday and further render Steven Thompson into dark hirsute groomed TinTin void of substance earned status . Such pride that a true legend is ours. Few will ever forget Oor Wullie.

fittiered
21-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Loved his witty acknowledgement of the negative Saints banter yesterday and further render Steven Thompson into dark hirsute groomed TinTin void of substance earned status . Such pride that a true legend is ours. Few will ever forget Oor Wullie.

What did he say? What did he say Musky?

neilthedon
21-01-2018, 01:12 PM
You should read "The Moon's a Balloon".

Whit ?!! Is David Niven a Hun inna ????

donsdaft
21-01-2018, 01:14 PM
The best autobiography ever written.

Can't remember him mentioning the huns though.

57vintage
21-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Whit ?!! Is David Niven a Hun inna ????

Apparently, his claim to have been born in Kirriemuir, is untrue. A pity, I've always imagined him hamming into a bridie at Station Park watching a dour battle with Stenhousemuir in a break from beefing Princess Margaret at Glamis.

phuxachemin
21-01-2018, 08:04 PM

Aldo1983
21-01-2018, 08:19 PM

Totally agree.

87kilos
21-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Agent Scotland (probably p15h) claiming he's signing and getting loaned back to us for remainder of the season.

ByeByeScum2012
21-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Totally agree.

Hearing Norwich to pay £200k and loan MacLean back for rest of the season.

InversneckieDob
21-01-2018, 11:31 PM
in a break from beefing Princess Margaret at Glamis.

By all accounts she was an affa hoor for the peeve and the boaby.

Doesnae mak her a bad person by any stretch of the imagination.

ByeByeScum2012
21-01-2018, 11:47 PM
I dont give a f@ck either way. Just dinna be getting your photo taken in the away end at Rugby Park and it to be posted on the net, or have a celtic birthday cake or not celebrate a goal at Parkhead etc when employed by Aberdeen FC

Exactly. If we pay your wages for a relatively short period of your life the least you can do is make it look as though you actually care about the club.