PDA

View Full Version : Another get out of jail free card for Ray.?

An old shed boy
23-09-2017, 10:25 PM
I posted earlier that he should be given credit for today. And haven't changed my mind.
But the opinion on different forums from today seems to be mixed.
What's the thoughts guys ?
Are we a team that can go on and win the league or are we still just digging out results without playing particularly well.

Jim_Jam
23-09-2017, 10:35 PM
I posted earlier that he should be given credit for today. And haven't changed my mind.
But the opinion on different forums from today seems to be mixed.
What's the thoughts guys ?
Are we a team that can go on and win the league or are we still just digging out results without playing particularly well.

I would like to see substitutions made before we lose goals not after.

Chick A Saw
23-09-2017, 11:15 PM
Always said on paper that we are in deed a team that can win the league. But we need to set today as a base line and improve in every game. Another hard one next week with the leagues in form team.

USArab
24-09-2017, 12:24 AM
Always said on paper that we are in deed a team that can win the league. But we need to set today as a base line and improve in every game. Another hard one next week with the leagues in form team.

The signs are there, we have the makings of a good team, let's be fair, there have been a lot of unfit & injured players early on which hasn't helped Ray's cause. If he can get them all fit and keep them fit then the best 11 will rise to the top.

scoobydufc
24-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Subs should have been made 10 minutes before their goal
At that time we had stopped playing the ball comfortably on the deck with good movement and went back to hoof ball and suicidal defending which then led to losing a goal from a set play
Every corner they took landed exactly where the ball landed for a free header.
Why was our defenders not wise to 3 of their big lads at back post
I would like to see substitutions made before we lose goals not after.

NOSCOTCAPS
24-09-2017, 08:01 AM
I've missed a few games due to work and loads of other posts, on how bad we have been. It must have been better yesterday, but still we always have squeaky bum phases. We created enough chances to be comfortable by half time if they had been put away, and it is this failure to convert that has dogged us (plus some crap play) over the past couple of seasons. If we keep doing this then squeaky bum time will persist and especially against better sides than Morton, who had one outlet in the team. Their delivery into dangerous was far better though.

Don't know much about young guy Piggot, however would be tempted to give him a chance. As much as McDonald works hard, he ain't got the legs to put in the shift Utd want him to, but grateful for his reactions to grab the 2nd yesterday.

As for full backs not sure who is worse Toshney or Murdoch? We could have taken Keith Watson on loan from St Johnstone, now at Hartlepool on loan. A tried and tested full back and much better than any of the options we have.

3pts I suppose that's all that matters though!

SmedDUm
24-09-2017, 08:11 AM
I've missed a few games due to work and loads of other posts, on how bad we have been. It must have been better yesterday, but still we always have squeaky bum phases. We created enough chances to be comfortable by half time if they had been put away, and it is this failure to convert that has dogged us (plus some crap play) over the past couple of seasons. If we keep doing this then squeaky bum time will persist and especially against better sides than Morton, who had one outlet in the team. Their delivery into dangerous was far better though.

Don't know much about young guy Piggot, however would be tempted to give him a chance. As much as McDonald works hard, he ain't got the legs to put in the shift Utd want him to, but grateful for his reactions to grab the 2nd yesterday.

As for full backs not sure who is worse Toshney or Murdoch? We could have taken Keith Watson on loan from St Johnstone, now at Hartlepool on loan. A tried and tested full back and much better than any of the options we have.

3pts I suppose that's all that matters though!

No eggs in the fridge Noscot?

NOSCOTCAPS
24-09-2017, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=SmedDUm;38661616]No eggs in the fridge Noscot?[/QUOT

Sorry Smeds, my lateral thinking or general exposure to the fine art of banter is limited. So you'll have to explain, unless it means nae cash!

SmedDUm
24-09-2017, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=SmedDUm;38661616]No eggs in the fridge Noscot?[/QUOT

Sorry Smeds, my lateral thinking or general exposure to the fine art of banter is limited. So you'll have to explain, unless it means nae cash!

A couple of weeks ago wakening up on a Sunday morning I fancied scrambled eggs.
Went to the fridge - no eggs!!
Was grumpy for the rest of the day.

:)

NOSCOTCAPS
24-09-2017, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=SmedDUm;38661636][QUOTE=NOSCOTCAPS;38661628

A couple of weeks ago wakening up on a Sunday morning I fancied scrambled eggs.
Went to the fridge - no eggs!!
Was grumpy for the rest of the day.

Had to settle for coffee and tesco croissant this weekend. Not grumpy and after yesterday contemplating going to East End Park next weekend as I think support might be slightly reinvigorated.

ROMA84
24-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Played a lot better, with some good link up play, still room for improvement. I think Robson needs more coaching/help on the pitch, he is still young and learning the game in a league where seasoned pros are more suited. Team was panicking in the last few minutes with bizarre refereeing decisions but held out.

GingerPetric
24-09-2017, 09:11 AM
I think the team and tactics were better yesterday, and there appeared to be the desire and higher tempo everyone has been crying out for.

Because the performance and attitude was that bit better I thought there was a much more relaxed, calm attitude from the crowd when we conceded. Even better the players seemed to be clam and relaxed too and kept plugging away (two good subbies to bring on btw). Well deserved winner which has lifted things a bit.

Tough game next week but absolutely no fears going there next week IF Ray and the team show the same attitude.

One negative was the poor defending of set pieces - I was quite far from their goal but thought Edge was flat footed and maybe Harry could have come for the initial high ball?

SRYB

Chick A Saw
24-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Notso,
From my angle, it was 3 top drawer saves that kept the score tied before half time. On another day at least 2 of those go in!

And i would have loved to see Keith back, but he is out with an injured knee again after having had a very good start to the season.

NOSCOTCAPS
24-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Notso,
From my angle, it was 3 top drawer saves that kept the score tied before half time. On another day at least 2 of those go in!

And i would have loved to see Keith back, but he is out with an injured knee again after having had a very good start to the season.

Thanks Chick, couldn't quite see from where I was sitting at other end of ground, credit to their keeper then!

GUNBOAT
24-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Dont get me wrong we deserved our victory yesterday but i am not convinced at all by Ray and his staff that they are good enough to get us up.To go into the season using poor midfielder's at right back,losing and not replacing your target man was criminal.We really could not have asked for anymore luck in the league this season with no major side in it bar us for the first time in years and ICT and Falkirk imploding but we still find ourselves trailing two team's with very limited budget's who continue to score for fun at this level.

Hoofballer
24-09-2017, 06:23 PM
We're going to struggle as we continue to toil at the back and hopefully Dunfermline won't be able to take us apart next week. Poor Mark Durnan is holding a defence together which includes various imposters at right back, a left back who's having a right mare just now and a centre back unable to jump who wins feck all in the air......with little option at moment.

Scobbie and Quinn might improve but not seen much to inspire there either as both average players.

Maybe Raymundo saw that a striker up beside McDonald is however a positive, Scott had a good game.

shedka
25-09-2017, 12:26 PM
Not really get out of jail as despite how bad he is allegedly doing and how amazing Dunfermline and St Mirren are, we are right there with them, without having had a good spell yet

We are 16 unbeaten at home (overall won 22 lost 1 under him at Tannadice), we have lost just 3 of our last 26 games in all competitions

Where we need to improve is away from home as it's been poor

shedka
25-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Hopefully an improvement at Dunfermline this Saturday compared to recent away games, it will be needed as they have a very good home record recently and are obviously carrying a threat going forward, saying that the St Mirren defeat is our only league loss for 6 months (in the last 13 league games)