PDA

View Full Version : Slight concern....

costa_blanca_white
24-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Pontus Jannson's omission from Yesterdays squad was according to the man himself due to the fact that he was not fit but according to TC that wasn't the case as he stated "He's fit but I decided to leave him out."

Let's hope that he's fit, available & gets selected for Tuesday night as we're not the same team without him.

MOT

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/09/blogs/championship/jansson-available-to-face-cardiff/

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
24-09-2017, 11:31 AM
I think tc thought let's have him 100% for against Cardiff, its no concern I don't think

Rev72
24-09-2017, 12:05 PM
TC said he was rested to be 100% prime for the sheep-shaggers..a very good decision.

HughieG
24-09-2017, 12:32 PM
He's doing quite a good job, your new manager there. Hope you get promoted.

joellufcprice
24-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Make something out of nothing lol. He was rested because TC trusted Shaughnessy and Cooper, though it only just paid off lol. We look a different team defensively from corners/crosses when Pontus is playing, we looked very shaky against Ipswich when anything came into the box.

Rev72
24-09-2017, 10:27 PM
He's doing quite a good job, your new manager there. Hope you get promoted.

'Like'

Rev72
24-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Make something out of nothing lol. He was rested because TC trusted Shaughnessy and Cooper, though it only just paid off lol. We look a different team defensively from corners/crosses when Pontus is playing, we looked very shaky against Ipswich when anything came into the box.

Said as much on the match thread joel..think we may add another CB next transfer window?

SouthgateWhite
24-09-2017, 11:20 PM
If he had played I reckon Jannson may have had a 'quiet word' with Wiedwald over his in the box antics !

lasher
25-09-2017, 10:29 AM
I'm not so sure we need another CB now. We gave had bad luck with injuries so far but when it all settles I see Pontus and Pennington as 1st choice. I've always thought Cooper was ok and Conon has done great so we have good cover. Then there's Ayling for further cover.
it's good good to see the covering lads doing a good job but it is true in that we look shaky from corners and balls in the box.

Turfmoorspirit
25-09-2017, 01:41 PM
'Like' He's jokining Rev...;D

Rev72
25-09-2017, 04:05 PM
He's jokining Rev...;D

MrsORichSenior
25-09-2017, 05:19 PM
If he had played I reckon Jannson may have had a 'quiet word' with Wiedwald over his in the box antics !

Good point SW.

Point about Pontus IMO- With his medical past any decisions on him won't be taken lightly will they, so unless 100% fit why take the chance at this point of the campaign.

Point also about Wiedwald's ball distribution IMO- he cannot 'hoof' long balls as Lassoga doesn't win those types of headers with respect & thus hasn't got anyone to run off him.Mr Tech Wizard (Victor Orta) really does his homework on football players and because we wanted a keeper/sweeper we got this lad.I think that Wiedwald’s ball passing is sometimes over scrutinised and under appreciated as on balance he can project precision 90 metre passes to land on our players boots with ease.Our players cannot have any doubts about the quality of Felix's feet either because they wouldn’t give him the ball so much but he definitely needs a strong marshalled quick witted defence in front of him as his preference to palm shots away may cost us the odd goal in tight matches.Thats my personal take on watching him to date.At 27 years old you'd think mentally he'll be solid pressure wise by now - well we'll soon find out with Lonergan 'chomping at the bit' exactly how reliable Felix is starting at Cardiff in a 'pressure' match hopefully alongside Pontus.

MOT