PDA

View Full Version : This site driving anyone else round the bend?

PT_Arab
25-09-2017, 09:57 PM
No, I'm not referring to the posters, but I'm finding this site unusable as it keeps jumping back to the top of the page when I'm in the middle of reading a post. Tried two different browsers and get the same behaviour.

stokearab
25-09-2017, 10:07 PM
No, I'm not referring to the posters, but I'm finding this site unusable as it keeps jumping back to the top of the page when I'm in the middle of reading a post. Tried two different browsers and get the same behaviour.

With me it's mainly the posters...........

Nah only kidding. I find on laptop it needs a few seconds to settle after you've clicked on a subject and before you click the next one. On mobile I find I often have to refresh the browser to see new posts on a thread, which is a hassle.

But it never jumps to the top as I'm reading a post so maybe you've got a temporary issue happening there PT

GingerPetric
26-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Downloading an Ad blocker app should also help

TerryTheTerror
26-09-2017, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I use one in Chrome and it stops almost everything.

shedboy71
26-09-2017, 05:52 PM
you a mac - end of issue

TerryTheTerror
27-09-2017, 07:33 AM
you a mac - end of issue

To be fair, that's probably the most compelling reason I've ever seen to buy an apple product. :P

TangerineDream
01-10-2017, 10:57 AM
I use ad blocker on the iPad and it has up to now been pretty good. However Footy Mad seem to have discovered some stupid, new, irritating pop up thing that appears at the bottom of the page ( tombola or some s.hite ) its overriding ad blocker and slowing page loading considerably . Will they ever get the balance right ? Even the Huns have bailed out of Mad now, no bad thing actually :).