PDA

View Full Version : League position after tomorrow's games.

An old shed boy
29-09-2017, 12:13 PM
If we win then likely 2nd behind St Mirren who have Brechin at home.
If we lose then possibly down to 5th.
Livi and Morton both have winnable home games.
Even a draw could see us down to 4th.
With Livi away the next game.

shedka
29-09-2017, 01:32 PM
I was under the impression the league ended in May?

Chick A Saw
29-09-2017, 02:09 PM

Ray asked us to judge him at christmas last season, so why cant we judge him every week after that?

An old shed boy
29-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Fortunately I couldn't give a Fck what your impression is.

An old shed boy
29-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Ray asked us to judge him at christmas last season, so why cant we judge him every week after that?
Ultimately he'll be judged on whether or not we get promoted.
If we do then everything before that will be forgotten.
He got it right last week and got the credit for it but 2 defeats from Dunfermline and Livi could have us chasing 4 teams.

LSArab
29-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Whichever way you look at it -it is a massive match tomorrow.

Dunfermline been flying high and this is our chance to knock them off their stride and gain some momentum ourselves.

It’s time to all pull together and worry about what defeat would mean for ray after. Just hoping we can win myself.

RaysRedEye
29-09-2017, 04:48 PM

XD

stokearab
29-09-2017, 05:41 PM

Good post - just confirms how important this game is.

shedboy71
29-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Good post - just confirms how important this game is.

Hows it going Stoke?

Every game important - to win it wouldnt just give us 3 points but confidence, momentum and maybe shake off the poor away form.

Ray has to attack tomorrow though

stokearab
29-09-2017, 06:35 PM
Hows it going Stoke?

Every game important - to win it wouldnt just give us 3 points but confidence, momentum and maybe shake off the poor away form.

Ray has to attack tomorrow though

All good mate ta. Arabest to yourself. Your assessment is spot on. Win and the feelgood factor is there, momentum like you say. Lose and we are starting to look like we're struggling to win this league, albeit still early.

Attack is the only option to outscore them as I'm sure I read we have defenders out.

shedka
29-09-2017, 10:18 PM

I don't really give a fk if you give a fk what my impression is

Your negative and mostly needless topics repeating the same negativity when there are plenty topics already discussing those things even after wins sum you up.. "shedboy" funny way of showing it

Where we are placed after tomorrow isn't of huge significance, we aren't even one round of fixtures in, and Chick A Saw, Christmas is fair enough, generally played every team home and away, makes sense unlike auld tedious shedboys op

GUNBOAT
29-09-2017, 10:29 PM

Your negative and mostly needless topics repeating the same negativity when there are plenty topics already discussing those things even after wins sum you up.. "shedboy" funny way of showing it

Where we are placed after tomorrow isn't of huge significance, we aren't even one round of fixtures in, and Chick A Saw, Christmas is fair enough, generally played every team home and away, makes sense unlike auld tedious shedboys op

If we are 8 points behind at Christmas should i start to worry?.

GUNBOAT
29-09-2017, 10:37 PM

You really need to get a grip,we are playing some of the best free flowing football in our history and have recorded 6-0 victories v Brechin and Dumbarton and played ST FN Mirren aff their ain midden.Shedka is right why do you keep posting negative shyte when its all going so well?.

Hoofballer
30-09-2017, 03:57 AM
You really need to get a grip,we are playing some of the best free flowing football in our history and have recorded 6-0 victories v Brechin and Dumbarton and played ST FN Mirren aff their ain midden.Shedka is right why do you keep posting negative shyte when its all going so well?.

:D

An old shed boy
30-09-2017, 10:21 AM

I'd make an effort to explain my post which other people seem to appreciate but you're not worth the waste of my time.
But I repeat I couldn't give a fck what your opinion is on this post or any other.

SmedDUm
30-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Fair point. I suppose the term 'rebuild' gives him another Christmas.

SmedDUm
30-09-2017, 10:41 AM

That should be a good ane. Not been there for a while.

I suppose your post could be construed as being a bit on the negative side aosb.
You have us grudgingly 2nd if we win but point out half the league have easy games & we could easily end up 5th if we lose & as bad as 4th even if we get a point.

It's a bigee today tho but I'm looking forward to a few celebratory drinks tonite, c'mon United!!

An old shed boy
30-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Wasn't intended to be negative Smed.
Just an observation on how the league could look after today's games.
Why do you say grudgingly 2nd. ?
St Mirren will almost certainly win and stay ahead.
I don't mind people having different opinions from me but there are ways to offer it.

arabian_ian
30-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Todays performance and result will say a lot about where we are and where we are going.

Let's wait until 5pm.

Charlie arab
30-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Great result today, should have scored more, finally beginning to look like a team. Willo done well at right back. Dunfermline were really poor. Good day all round.

ianharab
30-09-2017, 06:10 PM
No long back , best performance o the season by a mile , restricted them to very little looked sharp up front , difficult to fault any of the players today , great support there , again shows what a difference playing two up front makes

shedka
30-09-2017, 06:35 PM
I'd make an effort to explain my post which other people seem to appreciate but you're not worth the waste of my time.
But I repeat I couldn't give a fck what your opinion is on this post or any other.

The feeling is very much mutual

And GB , two nonsense posts last night resorting to gutter posting misrepresenting my views and opinions, how very bitter, fact

Whitfieldarab
30-09-2017, 07:11 PM
7,500+ at the game today. Both teams in a false league imo.

Hope we both go up.

An old shed boy
30-09-2017, 07:27 PM
The feeling is very much mutual

And GB , two nonsense posts last night resorting to gutter posting misrepresenting my views and opinions, how very bitter, fact

Ok we've had a good win today so can we agree to call a end to these tit for tat posts.

GUNBOAT
30-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Ok we've had a good win today so can we agree to call a end to these tit for tat posts.

Agreed mate but i love a tit and Shedka loves a tat. :)

jjaflup22
30-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Great result today, should have scored more, finally beginning to look like a team. Willo done well at right back. Dunfermline were really poor. Good day all round.

Wasn't at the game today. Did Dunfermline have players out injured/suspended? I'm not doubting you at all when you say they were really poor, it just seems strange after folk bigging them up so much.

Charlie arab
30-09-2017, 11:03 PM
Don't know if they had injuries/suspensions but expected much more from them, rarely threatened Utd goal and looked slow and lacking in ideas. Maybe just an off day for them.

Daly9
01-10-2017, 08:19 AM
Dunfermline got their tactics all wrong yesterday. They played wide open which has obviously worked for them against teams lower down in the league (and surprisingly vs St Mirren) but it's not the first time they've been found out when they've come up against sides with better quality (lost 6-0 to Rangers and 3-2 to Morton).

6 league games until they come to Tannadice. In that time they travel to Dumfries, Inverness & Falkirk and play Livingston, Morton and Dumbarton at home.

We have a tough game away at Livingston next but our other two away games in that time are vs the two part-timers and we play inverness, Falkirk and St Mirren at home.

Real opportunity to stretch ahead and it's important we do.