29-09-2017, 09:35 PM
In
**** knows tomorrow tombola
1-0 Aberdeen
Pint(s)

xtrmntr75
30-09-2017, 05:12 AM
Out
Find these 'hoors tough to play at the best of times.
Any kind of win will do me.

GlezgaRed
30-09-2017, 05:57 AM
Think we'll start with this X1, in a 4-1-4-1

Lewis
Logan Arnason McKenna Considine
O'Connor
Stewart McLean Shinnie Christie
May

Subs Rogers, Reynolds, Ball, Wright, Rooney, GMS & Maynard

Prediction? 0-0

Yep, more or less the same team and formation as last week......2 wins in 10 against these bassa's !!
Never a game for the purist when St.Johnstone visit, i'll take a horrific 1-0 win like last week right now.

SIMBARED
30-09-2017, 07:44 AM
In/Oot - in

Far - South

Pre - Scotia

Post - Scotia + various

Prediction - 2-0 Mclean, May

thebeachend
30-09-2017, 08:30 AM
McKenna & Christie to drop to the bench........

Aldo1983
30-09-2017, 08:35 AM
It will be interesting to see how we cope with MOH if he plays.

February_1971
30-09-2017, 11:38 AM
In/Oot

Far- Main

Pre - Home

Post - Home

Prediction - 1-1 S.McLean, K. McLean

mondo_notion
30-09-2017, 11:49 AM
In/Oot - In, me and ma mucker

Furryboots - SS SS

Pre - designated driver

Post - Local for a JD and coke

Prediction - going for a Rooney 2-1 scorecast so don't know if that means Dereks going for 2 up front or whether there will be no goals until a few subs are made in the 2nd half.

EDIT: going for May to score first and us to win 2-1 (30/1)

RedStarTorphins
30-09-2017, 11:52 AM
It will be interesting to see how we cope with MOH if he plays.

He'll be up against Considine.
In terms of pace, we're taking a water pistol to a duel.

awafaehame
30-09-2017, 12:01 PM
n/Oot - in

Far - South Stand

Pre - Rowantree

Post - Home for a Ruby with mrs

Prediction - 2-1 Considine, May

thebeachend
30-09-2017, 12:58 PM
n/Oot - in

Far - South Stand

Pre - Rowantree

Post - Home for a Ruby with mrs

Prediction - 2-1 Considine, May

consi nae playing

Jupiter
30-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Shinnie at left back? Or is some weird 352 like against Hearts again.

Br0chred
30-09-2017, 01:11 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2yzg12q.jpg

Consi injured then?
Good sign these days when, for the most part, you think the bench looks pretty gash O:)

3 at the back then, probably. Weird not seeing Considine in the squad.
Hopefully Rooney and May will click

eastnuekdon
30-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Shinnie at left back? Or is some weird 352 like against Hearts again.

I kin this is probably crazy talk but do you think we might actually play o connor beside mclean and go 4-4-2!!!!

That would fool the fermers or any other team because I cannae mind the last time we ever played that formation

eastnuekdon
30-09-2017, 01:28 PM
consi nae playing

According to BBC Consi out with a wrist injury.

Stop that sniggering at the back there!!!!!!!

Hairdrier
30-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Yass Rooney 1-0

InversneckieDob
30-09-2017, 02:12 PM
PARTY!

Anyone hear any whispers about the formation?

It looks like 3 at the back, but Ant or Kari could step up and make it a 4.

Good to score early, that'll pull them out a bit.

Hairdrier
30-09-2017, 02:19 PM
2-0 Rooney

InversneckieDob
30-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrty!!!!!!!!!!

InversneckieDob
30-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Right, let's give these hammer-throwin' chunts a hiding.

Pacman1903
30-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Yaaaaaas min

xtrmntr75
30-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Delighted to wake up to this score. Chuffed for Adam. Hopefully that's a wee kick start for him and the team.

A good win if we can consolidate.

standfreelee
30-09-2017, 02:58 PM
EASY EASY, solid and ball sticking up front much better. Now with the cushion playing some lovely stuff.
O'C, Shinnie (LB!!!) & May in particular excellent IMO

But Frunkie must be poorest RedTV co-commentator yet - guys trying to draw him into contributing but obvious he doesnt have a clue -
he thinks the away boss is Jim McIntyre :?

aye, playing well. look comfortable. the heed tennis settled after 30 mins. arnason looks nervy as **** with the ball though

Hairdrier
30-09-2017, 03:36 PM
3-0 Rooney Hatrick

Yasssssss

macattack
30-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Yaaasss Rooney Hat Trick :star::star::star:

EintrachtFrankfurt
30-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Yaaasss Rooney Hat Trick :star::star::star:

Delighted for him. COYR!

xtrmntr75
30-09-2017, 03:46 PM
3-0 Rooney Hatrick

Yasssssss

Yasssss indeed. Did someone not call this earlier.

The stick the boy's taken recently too.

macattack
30-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Delighted for him. COYR!

Aye Too right put in him the the team fully fit he scores Goals :)

GlezgaRed
30-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Delighted with that today, always tough games against St.Johnstone so to put 3 past them is a bonus.
Thats us been top of the table at the international breaks this season so far !!!

Recharge the batteries and get some more understanding for the tough trip to Easter Rd.

thebeachend
30-09-2017, 04:11 PM
another 3pts, good stuff!

sancho_panza
30-09-2017, 04:30 PM
But Frunkie must be poorest RedTV co-commentator yet - guys trying to draw him into contributing but obvious he doesnt have a clue - he thinks the away boss is Jim McIntyre :?

"He's played well today hasn't he Frank?"
"Oh... definitely..."

"That wouldn't have been a foul in your day Frank? Am I right, hehe?"
"Nope..."

"Are your trousers on fire there Frank? Somebody get a fire extinguisher in here for f**k sake!!! Do you need help?!"
"Aye, they've burned well today the boys."

February_1971
30-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Shinnie MOTM, ran at them from the word go.
Considine does his best but shouldn't be anywhere near the starting11.
Cant see it but I would stick with this back 4, with O'Connor just in front and McLean playing between AOC and Christie.
Wide areas are still a concern.

Landvetter83
30-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Always good to horse those hammer-throwing hoof-ball khunts.

Happy Days.

Get the beers in !!

sheepcrooky
30-09-2017, 04:59 PM
Best we have played so far this season. No coincidence it was when Shinnie plays at left back. O'Connor took the midfield role in his stride. Everyone played well with the possible exception of Stewart.

Equal top of the league, Rooney hat-trick, hammered the farmers and finished with three youngsters on the pitch. Happy days indeed.

I'm away oot to celebrate :) :) :)

RedStarTorphins
30-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Shinnie MOTM, ran at them from the word go.
Considine does his best but shouldn't be anywhere near the starting11.
Cant see it but I would stick with this back 4, with O'Connor just in front and McLean playing between AOC and Christie.
Wide areas are still a concern.

Assuming he's fit, I think we know that Considine will almost certainly be back at left back next game.
DM will want Shinnie in midfield in the next two games.
Hibs away with their midfield of Bartley & McGinn are strong.
He'll play O'Connor in front of the back four & Shinnie & McLean will play in front of AOC.
He might play Rooney at 9 with Christie & May either side of him
No width is the problem

rico94
30-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Great result and well pleased for Rooney after the stick he has been getting,he is still the best finisher at the club so it's baffling why anyone would want to get rid of him.

Arnason and McKenna were superb today,someone on here said that Arnason was finished and his legs were gone,it looks like you were wrong mate those 2 should be be our centre backs for the rest of the season if they continue like that.

donsdaft
30-09-2017, 05:20 PM
aye, playing well. look comfortable. the heed tennis settled after 30 mins. arnason looks nervy as **** with the ball though

Absolute pish

Arnason class from start to finish, one misskick in the second half, a couple of times when he just played the safe easy clearance.

rico94
30-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Absolute pish

Arnason class from start to finish, one misskick in the second half, a couple of times when he just played the safe easy clearance.

I've had my disagreements with you in the past donsdaft but you are spot on there.

The defence has looked anything but nervy with Arnason in the team,he is the one who is telling them what to do.

mondo_notion
30-09-2017, 06:32 PM
Just back..... from the local. Thought O'Connor got the 2nd?

I thought it was important that Derek didn't change our central defence from last time out and was chuffed that he chose not to.

McKenna looks relaxed as hell in there and very rarely puts a foot wrong. A bit more composure from some through on goal and we could have had 5 or 6. The young lad Ross really should have scored but can't blame him for getting a rush of blood to the head. Enjoyed the day today but another reminder that Pittodrie is depressingly quiet.

Set up nicely for a trip down to Leith, I will be purchasing my tickets on Tuesday.

My local pub really needs to find the lost pool balls and fix the f*ckin collapsed ceiling. :mad:

Aldo1983
30-09-2017, 06:42 PM
My local pub really needs to find the lost pool balls

What kind of pub is this!?

McKenna looks good for his age and he's pretty solid.
Having Arnason there for him to learn from is a one off opportunity.

Pacman1903
30-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Yasssss indeed. Did someone not call this earlier.

The stick the boy's taken recently too.

Aye hes ****e. Bin him.

Feck_the_Huns
30-09-2017, 07:05 PM

McKenna looks good for his age and he's pretty solid.
Having Arnason there for him to learn from is a one off opportunity.

McKenna is some unit, huge guy for his age. Didn't put a foot wrong today, alongside the Icelander.

Need to see a lot more from Greg Stewart, he was the only dissapointment today, but hopefully he'll come good

standfreelee
30-09-2017, 07:05 PM
brilliant performance. all played well. Delighted with mckenna so far he looks at ease with the ball. yas min!

Rochead
30-09-2017, 07:31 PM
Central defence definitely looking more secure with McKenna and Arnason, hopefully the pairing will be permanent.

KIWIRED
30-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Great result, though it might have been a harder match, but we where very comfortable

Also like all Dons fans pleased for Adam, hat trick hero. That will boost his confidence no end

Well done Dons

mondo_notion
30-09-2017, 09:14 PM

Not the kind you want to go to if you fancy poking balls with sticks.

Also like all Dons fans pleased for Adam, hat trick hero.

I feel we need to clear up the goal scorers here - Surely O'Connor got the second??

sheepcrooky
30-09-2017, 09:21 PM
Not the kind you want to go to if you fancy poking balls with sticks.

I feel we need to clear up the goal scorers here - Surely O'Connor got the second??

The ball was going in, but Rooney nodded it in from the line, seen it on the TV at RDLS at 1/2 time.

phuxachemin
30-09-2017, 09:51 PM
just seen the goals on Sky News.

FFS they are shocking. His first was form a cross by Graham Shinnie, his second was great near postheader and his third according to Sky was due to a foul by Anderson and this was his first hat trick since 2014 :O

rico94
30-09-2017, 10:08 PM
just seen the goals on Sky News.

FFS they are shocking. His first was form a cross by Graham Shinnie, his second was great near postheader and his third according to Sky was due to a foul by Anderson and this was his first hat trick since 2014 :O

The only stat that matters is he has scored 81 goals in 162 games.

Superb and we are never getting a striker who scores a goal every 2nd game so we should enjoy him while he is here.

Nae Huns
01-10-2017, 12:00 AM
Aye where are all the chunts that had him off to Hibs then eh?

stansmith
01-10-2017, 12:07 AM
Aye where are all the chunts that had him off to Hibs then eh?

This is growing arms and legs.

No one said he wasn't good enough against the likes of St Johnstone.

Nae Huns
01-10-2017, 12:14 AM
So who should he sit on the bench for then?

ragnarok
01-10-2017, 12:16 AM
Great result and dominant performance from us today. The league cup results seems to have produced a reaction. 6 points from two trickier games when some folk were saying they didn't know where the next win was going to come from.

No one said he wasn't good enough against the likes of St Johnstone.

You mean one of the better sides in the league who have given us a doing on more than one occasion in recent years?

I can understand some of the criticism of Rooney but the fact is that if he's given the service he'll score the goals. He's already scored more goals than Darren Mackie managed in a red shirt FFS!

Nae Huns
01-10-2017, 12:34 AM
Exactly min!!

stansmith
01-10-2017, 12:45 AM
You mean one of the better sides in the league who have given us a doing on more than one occasion in recent years?

I can understand some of the criticism of Rooney but the fact is that if he's given the service he'll score the goals. He's already scored more goals than Darren Mackie managed in a red shirt FFS!

Yes. The criticism is usually specifically of his ineffectuality against Celtic, Rangers and in Europe.

Mason89
01-10-2017, 12:53 AM
Adam Rooney is beyond criticism

Stop it

Aldo1983
01-10-2017, 01:17 AM
The only stat that matters is he has scored 81 goals in 162 games.

Superb and we are never getting a striker who scores a goal every 2nd game so we should enjoy him while he is here.

May probably won't get a tally like that yet folk will still slag off Rooney.

The man has obvious limits and he's often asked to do a job he's physically incapable of being particularly effective at.

Still scored a shed load of goals though, something we haven't had since nine**** can****.

Anyone that goes beyond being constructive with their criticism is a total bellend.

Pacman1903
01-10-2017, 04:52 AM
Anyone that goes beyond being constructive with their criticism is a total bellend.

Well said

rico94
01-10-2017, 08:04 AM
Great result and dominant performance from us today. The league cup results seems to have produced a reaction. 6 points from two trickier games when some folk were saying they didn't know where the next win was going to come from.

More goals than Duncan Shearer as well after yesterday.

Landvetter83
01-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Reflecting on the match yesterday ....

What a huge difference it makes when the defence is solid. Credit to McInnes for fielding that defence and formation at Motherwell last week, and sticking with it today. As others have pointed out, McKenna is some unit. He was very composed. Having O'Connor as a screen in from was very effective and I only noticed a couple of times St Johnstone were able to gain from their usual hoof and pick up of the knock down. The fact St J had zero shots on target and only 4 altogether in the whole game speaks highly of the defence.

Having the defence as solid as that allowed the forward players more freedom. We will improve on this part of the game, but 3 goals against a team that normally strangles the life out of us was a real boost.

Not sure what it would take but if we can keep the boy Christie it would be the best signing in years.

Landvetter83
01-10-2017, 09:27 AM
More goals than Duncan Shearer as well after yesterday.

Where is he now in the all-time scoring list. Must be top 10 now? Can think of only McGhee, Jarvie, Hewitt, Yorston and Harper ahead of him. kkong will usually have the answer...

sheepcrooky
01-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Where is he now in the all-time scoring list. Must be top 10 now? Can think of only McGhee, Jarvie, Hewitt, Yorston and Harper ahead of him. kkong will usually have the answer...

http://http://www.afcheritage.org/Team/Stats/index.cfm

If my link works this time. AFC Heritage site has Rooney at 21st in our all time scorers list. At 81 out of 162 , a nice round 50%. As OG's are officially 4th on the list, I guess he really is 20th. A few more goals and he would jump a few places and some well kent names.

Skacel
01-10-2017, 11:44 AM

If my link works this time. AFC Heritage site has Rooney at 21st in our all time scorers list. At 81 out of 162 , a nice round 50%. As OG's are officially 4th on the list, I guess he really is 20th. A few more goals and he would jump a few places and some well kent names.

link fixed:

www.afcheritage.org/Team/Stats/index.cfm

The_Stolen_Bus
01-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Surely he's 20th - ye canna count "own goals" as a player!!

57vintage
01-10-2017, 07:44 PM
How ****ing honking was the ****er with the whistle yesterday?

One booking each, with the Masons' plug-in replacement clones up to their usual rule-stretching tricks? Baffling.

I think I saw more of McKenna's skin than his girlfriend has, given the number of times that the **** he was marking had oor boy's shirt halfway up his back on the blind side of the referee, but within sight of the stand-side linesman in the second half.

When it looked like McInnes might have legged it to Sunderland, the calls for Wright to replace him were scary. Although he might be able to do something constructive with better players and resources, would it be worth taking the gamble that he's a hoofball one-trick carthorse?

andoplzcumbak
01-10-2017, 09:39 PM
link fixed:

www.afcheritage.org/Team/Stats/index.cfm

I didn't realise Jess scored that many (94)

57vintage
02-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Yes. The criticism is usually specifically of his ineffectuality against Celtic, Rangers and in Europe.

9 goals in 12 European appearances is beyond reproach.

He's only played against Sevco three times and has yet to score.

His record against the other Filth is played 11, plus sub 4 times and has scored 5.

He is beyond criticism. Why he's never been named in a Scotland squad is a mystery to me.

DonUnder
02-10-2017, 12:01 PM
9 goals in 12 European appearances is beyond reproach.

He's only played against Sevco three times and has yet to score.

His record against the other Filth is played 11, plus sub 4 times and has scored 5.

He is beyond criticism. Why he's never been named in a Scotland squad is a mystery to me.

Could be he's not English enough?

Feck_the_Huns
02-10-2017, 12:56 PM
When it looked like McInnes might have legged it to Sunderland, the calls for Wright to replace him were scary. Although he might be able to do something constructive with better players and resources, would it be worth taking the gamble that he's a hoofball one-trick carthorse?

In a word, no.

Anybody who thinks otherwise needs their heeds lookit at.

There's a reason why he remains at St Johnstone. Only the Radio Scotland Sportsound types are unware of what that reason is

Feck_the_Huns
02-10-2017, 12:58 PM

The much vaunted Kenny Miller has only scored 8 goals more in about 240 games

neilthedon
02-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Could be he's not English enough?

Who ? we`re still talking about Rooney , are we nae ??

I telt ye boys, you`ll have to start putting these witty notes in Italics so I can work out that you`re be witty !!!

Mason89
02-10-2017, 01:13 PM
In a word, no.

Anybody who thinks otherwise needs their heeds lookit at.

There's a reason why he remains at St Johnstone. Only the Radio Scotland Sportsound types are unware of what that reason is

How often did we see Ash Taylor up front? More recently Arnason has had a go at it. We’re not exactly ‘82 Brazil, so we really shouldn’t be looking down our noses at other teams*

Wright is playing to his teams abilities, which is restricted by the amount of cash he can spend on it. It wasn’t that long ago he was manager of the month & he’s won more than McInnes, absolutely rinsing him on the way to doing it.

*apart from those orange tramps at the sticklebrick stadium

rico94
02-10-2017, 01:54 PM
How often did we see Ash Taylor up front? More recently Arnason has had a go at it. We’re not exactly ‘82 Brazil, so we really shouldn’t be looking down our noses at other teams*

Wright is playing to his teams abilities, which is restricted by the amount of cash he can spend on it. It wasn’t that long ago he was manager of the month & he’s won more than McInnes, absolutely rinsing him on the way to doing it.

*apart from those orange tramps at the sticklebrick stadium

Tommy Wrights won more manager of the month awards than McInnes?

It cant be trophies you are meaning they have won 1 each, and not that it matters a feck but McInnes has more manager of the month awards than Wright. (DM 6 TW 3).

Tommy Wright has done a fantastic job at St Johnstone but that doesn't mean he is a better manager than McInnes, he has had to work with a smaller budget and all that but I still wouldn't want him as our manager. Once McInnes goes I would hope that we would go for someone like Jack Ross rather than Tommy Wright.

Mason89
02-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Scottish Cup > League Cup

I’d take Jack Ross just now but I think we’ve missed the boat there

87kilos
02-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Tommy Wright, Jack Ross!

Geez a break and enjoy having a manager with the capability of oor Deek.

Aldo1983
02-10-2017, 04:02 PM
The much vaunted Kenny Miller has only scored 8 goals more in about 240 games

Surprised at that. Interesting statistic.

Mason89
02-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Surprised at that. Interesting statistic.

Heres another

P 116
G 33

P 113
G 30

Two very similar stats. The top one belongs to the Hun hero, greatest player to play on these shores, why are you so good? Brian Laudrup

The bottom one is Eoin Jess, for his second spell at AFC. Playing a number of positions & carrying a lot of shyte.

Aldo1983
02-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Heres another

P 116
G 33

P 113
G 30

Two very similar stats. The top one belongs to the Hun hero, greatest player to play on these shores, why are you so good? Brian Laudrup

The bottom one is Eoin Jess, for his second spell at AFC. Playing a number of positions & carrying a lot of shyte.

Like that as well.

Hairdrier
02-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Like that as well.

IMO Jess was a better player than Laudrup, who was a big fish in a very small pond - and playing for the corrupt huns.

InversneckieDob
02-10-2017, 08:46 PM

He's only 28?

LaMaquina
03-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Anyone got a list of AFC hat-trick scorers?

57vintage
03-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Anyone got a list of AFC hat-trick scorers?

Rooney, Considine, Harper, McDougall, McGhee, Jarvie, Munro and Billy Williamson.

That's about it, I think.

57vintage
03-10-2017, 02:15 PM
...and Paul Hartley

donsdaft
03-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Walker McCall scored a hat trick at Parkhead didn't he.

EdmontonDandy
03-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Billy Williamson...there's a memory. Midweek game against Celtic I think, possibly the most surprising hat-trick scored by an Aberdeen player, aside fae Consi maybe. Also thought Eric Black scored a hat-trick at the Tattiedome, could be wrang though.

57vintage
03-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Billy Williamson...there's a memory. Midweek game against Celtic I think, possibly the most surprising hat-trick scored by an Aberdeen player, aside fae Consi maybe. Also thought Eric Black scored a hat-trick at the Tattiedome, could be wrang though.

Aye 12 February 1983.

Correct about Billy Williamson too, about 10 years earlier.

Pacman1903
03-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Rooney, Considine, Harper, McDougall, McGhee, Jarvie, Munro and Billy Williamson.

Wee Scotty Wright

Windass and his Cappielow masterclass (there is still a hatrick in 4), Doddsy in the same game

RED_JOHN
03-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Wee Scotty Wright

Windass and his Cappielow masterclass (there is still a hatrick in 4)

Billy Dodds also scored 3 in that game

RED_JOHN
03-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Wee Scotty Wright

Windass and his Cappielow masterclass (there is still a hatrick in 4)

Dodds scored 3 Windass got 4 and a new signing leads out the team as he is suddenly made captain 😉

Mason89
03-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Dodds scored 3 Windass got 4 and a new signing leads out the team as he is suddenly made captain ��

David Wylie motm letting in 7. Got to be the only time that’s ever happened.

Some dive from Dodds for the penalty :D

simpson_1903
03-10-2017, 05:15 PM

Niall McGinn got a hat-trick against Dundee at Dens I think.

Mason89
03-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Scott Vernon against Falkirk

redstarfk
03-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Davie Robb v Motherwell December 1977. One of them was Goal of the Season on Sportscene

Jockey Scott in a 5-1 rout v The Huns at Hampden in the 1976 League Cup Semi

And It's-a-Goal Duncan Shearer got two hatricks in the space of 4 days or so in Nov 1992. First een against Partick when justice was swift and merciless as we humped them 7 nil after the first game was abandoned on the previous Saturday. Then the following Saturday We put 6 past Hearts and Dunc got 3 o them

And Jess got 4 at Dunfermline

Mason89
03-10-2017, 06:09 PM
Joe O’Neill in a 6-0 humping of the Hun at Hampden

RED_JOHN
03-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Winters I am sure scored one also...will need to do a bit research to confirm

Mason89
03-10-2017, 06:17 PM
I thought he did too. PJMs maybe?

RED_JOHN
03-10-2017, 06:18 PM
I thought he did too. PJMs maybe?

Against Motherwell in the 6-5 game

donsman
03-10-2017, 06:21 PM
David Wylie motm letting in 7. Got to be the only time that’s ever happened.

Some dive from Dodds for the penalty :D

Was the dive not wee Joe in about the last minute of normal time?

Mason89
03-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Was the dive not wee Joe in about the last minute of normal time?

Could well have been, my memory isnt great for these things. I just remember bursting out laughing when the ref gave it. Horrendous decision:)

InversneckieDob
03-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Did Zero nae get a hat trick at Dens?

I seem to mind him jumping up and down in a puddle at our end.....and hat trick is gan through my heid.

InversneckieDob
03-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Aye, September 2001.

Mason89
03-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Mike Newel scored one at Boghead

rico94
03-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Robbie Winters got 3 hatricks for us (Motherwell,Dundee Utd and Dunfermline)

Stavrum got 2 hatricks (Dundee Utd and St Mirren)

Hartley got a hatrick of penalties against Hamilton.

Spielführer_1903
04-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Scott Vernon has three for us and I was at them all.

v Dunfermline at home.
v Falkirk on the way to LC glory.
v United at Tannadice in one of his last games.

Only goes to 2013 but a good list here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Premier_League_hat-tricks

Winters with 3 for us too...:O

Pacman1903
04-10-2017, 03:03 PM

Just before i left the ship today i was speaking to a Norwegian vendor dude. He was a Brann fan and had nothing but great words for Winters. Hes held in high regard in Bergen

Charlie Miller on the other hand

Jupiter
04-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Scott Vernon has three for us and I was at them all.

v Dunfermline at home.
v Falkirk on the way to LC glory.
v United at Tannadice in one of his last games.

Only goes to 2013 but a good list here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Premier_League_hat-tricks

If that list is correct, nobody scored a hat trick for us in the league between September 2001 and August 2010

Aldo1983
04-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Possibly my favourite league game that 6-2. Almost certainly best I've seen us play in league.
I remember phoning my dad fae a phonebox in King St to rave about us.

What a team THAT was.

Edit: Just looked up Hearts team. I can picture 10 of that 11. I'd struggle nowadays to name that many outwith us.
Not sure if that's down to my memory or modern fitba itself being sh*t...

1 Henry Smith
2 Alan McLaren
3 Tosh McKinlay
4 Craig Levein
5 Gary Mackay
6 Graeme Hogg
7 John Robertson
8 Derek Ferguson
9 Ian Baird
10 John Millar
11 Neil Berry

That was one of the best league games I've been to as well. They scored two quick goals after the break to make it 2-2 as well.

Spielführer_1903
04-10-2017, 08:35 PM
If that list is correct, nobody scored a hat trick for us in the league between September 2001 and August 2010

I would probably agree with the list. Under Paterson...no chance. Under Calderwood - Smith, Lovell, Miller, Nicholson all with doubles I'm sure but no third.

Brutal stat if true...

Aldo1983
04-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Under Paterson we should probably have shut up shop and all went our separate ways.

ragnarok
05-10-2017, 01:47 AM
Under Paterson we should probably have shut up shop and all went our separate ways.

You mean that David Zdrilic and Leigh Hinds never scored a hat-trick for the Dons?

Without Booth I'm pretty sure we would have been at significant risk of relegation in 2003-2004. We were a Premier League team in name only.