PDA

View Full Version : Vegas shootings

Cannylad
02-10-2017, 12:15 PM
Furk me, a local guy aged 64 kills 50 people and injuries by the score in Las Vegas !! >:(

HughieG
02-10-2017, 01:49 PM
An absolute tragedy! People at a country music festival just having a good time. More than 400 injured people. I wonder what the shooter's motive was. He's dead now, maybe we'll never find out.

toonlegend
02-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Dreadful. Could be any one of us, anywhere, anytime.

The world is a sad place at the minute.

waalsendmick
02-10-2017, 02:37 PM
unbelievable, opening fire with machine guns from a 32nd floor window!!!

Cannylad
02-10-2017, 03:02 PM
The guy obviously knew the best place to hit as many people as possible, the Mandalay area is always thronged, the evil basta*d couldn't miss. Hope he died a painful death. :?

Jammy89
02-10-2017, 05:34 PM
I see IS claimed credit for it straight away saying he converted to Islam only for FBI to come out later and say that was all rubbish.

His brother sounded distraught on the radio though, saying the last thing he heard from his brother was this morning when he sent a text asking how their mum was.

The poor families of the 58 though - they expect hte number to grow as well :(

Horrible horrible situation.

ashingtoon62
02-10-2017, 07:51 PM
I see IS claimed credit for it straight away saying he converted to Islam only for FBI to come out later and say that was all rubbish.

His brother sounded distraught on the radio though, saying the last thing he heard from his brother was this morning when he sent a text asking how their mum was.

The poor families of the 58 though - they expect hte number to grow as well :(

Horrible horrible situation.

It couldnt happen in this country thank god,when the american constitution was drawn up the only weapons they had were muskets that take at least 30 seconds to re-load..
Surely they must realise that this amendment should have been linked with the advancement of weapon technology..
Although I have every sympathy with the loved ones of the victims,I have no sympathy with a country that ALLOWS these atrocities to happen on a regular basis..Obama tried when he was in power and hes gutted that he couldnt get anywhere with his proposals..
Why the feck does anyone need a machine gun to protect themselves in a supposedly civilised country???:mad::mad:

Jammy89
02-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Agreed Ash.

They had a campaigner for gun control on and she said even with something like this she can only hope and she doesn't think anything will happen because of it.

He had 10 guns and "significant" amounts of ammo. As you said Ash, wouldn't happen here.

Zippity
02-10-2017, 08:19 PM
The Whitehouse said "it's too early to talk about gun control"

:?:?:?

Aye, let's not rush into anything, eh? It's not like it happens regularly over there... :blue:

Cannylad
02-10-2017, 08:42 PM
It couldnt happen in this country thank god,when the american constitution was drawn up the only weapons they had were muskets that take at least 30 seconds to re-load..
Surely they must realise that this amendment should have been linked with the advancement of weapon technology..
Although I have every sympathy with the loved ones of the victims,I have no sympathy with a country that ALLOWS these atrocities to happen on a regular basis..Obama tried when he was in power and hes gutted that he couldnt get anywhere with his proposals..
Why the feck does anyone need a machine gun to protect themselves in a supposedly civilised country???:mad::mad:

The gun lobby in the U.S. is massive as is the National Rifle Association, it is embedded into their society. I have traveled the length and breadth of the country over the years and have never ever seen anyone brandishing a gun but you sense it. Luckily I have never had a hint of a problem. They will never give up their guns as it's written into their constitution, some states even have laws allowing guns to be carried on their person at all times anywhere, no wonder they have these sort of atrocities over and over again. Moronic !

toptoon
02-10-2017, 09:34 PM

We had a vote on banning the sale of guns (referendum) in Brazil a few years back and people voted not to ban their sale. It seems strange when youīre sat in the Uk and almost non sensical when you have tragedies like Vegas happening. But, Brazil isnīt the UK (I wish it was). The police are sh*t, I mean really sh*t and if an armed person breaks into your house, then youīre on your own and especially if itīs a rural area. The only thing that gives them a second thought (they are all armed of course) is if they think you are too. The drugged up ones donīt even worry about that.

Removing the guns from the good people when all of the bad ones are armed is not a good idea unless you have a sh*t hot police force (like in the Uk).

However, I think itīs truely ridiculous that you can walk into a shop in the States with your driving license and buy a machine gun. I think you should be allowed to buy hand guns in Brazil/USA but they should ban or severely control the sale of rifles and shotguns and ban the sale of anything more powerful or automatic.

sherwoodmag
03-10-2017, 07:03 AM
The guy had over 20 weapons in his hotel room and another 19 plus explosives at home.
I have a guy on FB from Texas who is always going on about the right to bear arms.
He was not on yesterday for the first time.
When the U.S. Constitution was drafted it was a frontier country which along with British troops the Colonists had fought the French and their Native American allies only about 20 years earlier plus the British were just over the border in Canada after the revolution.

Allowing people to buy automatic assault rifles today should have nothing to do with being allowed rifles for hunting in the woods.
I read a report that said that more civilians had been killed with guns in the last 30 years than American soldiers in every war since indepenence in 1776.

HughieG
03-10-2017, 08:58 AM
We had a vote on banning the sale of guns (referendum) in Brazil a few years back and people voted not to ban their sale. It seems strange when youīre sat in the Uk and almost non sensical when you have tragedies like Vegas happening. But, Brazil isnīt the UK (I wish it was). The police are sh*t, I mean really sh*t and if an armed person breaks into your house, then youīre on your own and especially if itīs a rural area. The only thing that gives them a second thought (they are all armed of course) is if they think you are too. The drugged up ones donīt even worry about that.

Removing the guns from the good people when all of the bad ones are armed is not a good idea unless you have a sh*t hot police force (like in the Uk).

However, I think itīs truely ridiculous that you can walk into a shop in the States with your driving license and buy a machine gun. I think you should be allowed to buy hand guns in Brazil/USA but they should ban or severely control the sale of rifles and shotguns and ban the sale of anything more powerful or automatic.

I spent two weeks in Brazil over the summer, and whilst I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and most of the people that were there, I don't think I'd feel comfortable living there. The country doesn't seem to be under control in many ways, and I felt quite insecure. Whereabouts do you live TT?

toptoon
03-10-2017, 09:12 AM
I spent two weeks in Brazil over the summer, and whilst I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and most of the people that were there, I don't think I'd feel comfortable living there. The country doesn't seem to be under control in many ways, and I felt quite insecure. Whereabouts do you live TT?

I live in Campinas (an hourīs drive north of Sao Paulo) but Iīm moving to the south at the end of the year. Iīd be lying if I said that one of the reasons for the move isnīt safety. Sao Paulo is a dangerous city and Rio de Janeiro is a war zone just now.
The country is being run by a political elite (or 'mafia', if you like) which is the root of all the problems that Brazil is facing.

sherwoodmag
03-10-2017, 10:24 AM
I live in Campinas (an hourīs drive north of Sao Paulo) but Iīm moving to the south at the end of the year. Iīd be lying if I said that one of the reasons for the move isnīt safety. Sao Paulo is a dangerous city and Rio de Janeiro is a war zone just now.
The country is being run by a political elite (or 'mafia', if you like) which is the root of all the problems that Brazil is facing. I went to Brazil a lot when at sea in the 1970s.Once I was in the small port of Maceou (spelling?)for six weeks,there was a man shot dead in the campo ( a place of bars and brothels in the scrubland out of town)Once on the beach a ****ager tried to sell me a pistol,I immediately pointed it at a bunch of lads who had been threatening me and the girl I was with.I didn't buy the gun but it did the trick as they left in a hurry.The gun was loaded by the way and as ex army I was confident of using it.