PDA

View Full Version : Scotland v Slovakia.

CatoGuntveit
02-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Poor first post I know but I'm looking to shift 3 x South Stand lower tickets seated together for the game Thurs.

Anyone interested please pm me. Face value £40 each.

Appreciate it might be difficult as stadium not yet sold out but at least they're together and bought a while back so decent seats.

xtrmntr75
02-10-2017, 10:51 PM
As long as I get home from offshore I'll be going.

Sad state of affairs if this isn't a sell out

Pacman1903
03-10-2017, 05:05 AM

Shows the thoughts of the fans though.

rico94
03-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Shows the thoughts of the fans though.

The price of the tickets and the fans dislike for Strachan are big reasons for the game not being sold out but playing the game on a Thursday night for the bloody TV doesn't help either. If it was played on Saturday at 3 pm it would probably be a sell out.

Aldo1983
03-10-2017, 04:53 PM
I might start taking an interest again when two people that hate our club get the sack.

donsdaft
03-10-2017, 05:44 PM
C'mon Slovakia.

Is it being played THIS Thursday?

deedon
03-10-2017, 07:21 PM
The price of the tickets and the fans dislike for Strachan are big reasons for the game not being sold out but playing the game on a Thursday night for the bloody TV doesn't help either. If it was played on Saturday at 3 pm it would probably be a sell out.

Fair enough about Strachan. But it's only fairly recently internationals have been played on a Saturday. In the not-so distant past when they were played on a Wednesday Scotland would get crowds of 100,000. Are we such a nation of snowflakes now that we don't go to a game because it's on a school night...?

rico94
03-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Fair enough about Strachan. But it's only fairly recently internationals have been played on a Saturday. In the not-so distant past when they were played on a Wednesday Scotland would get crowds of 100,000. Are we such a nation of snowflakes now that we don't go to a game because it's on a school night...?

I've been to a fair few midweek Scotland games and it's a pain in the erse getting home at 2 in the morning,1 or 2 midweek games was fine but now the games are played on Mondays,Tuesdays,Wednesdays and Thursday so they can be shown on TV it's not worth the bother.When they did the Saturday games at 3 it was a good day out,much better than having to take time off your work for the midweek games.

The Trading Sheep
04-10-2017, 06:29 PM

I don't think its a sad state at all. The whole set up and running of Scottish football is rotten to the core. There is a manager that I believe is not picking his best 11, a governing body that is only interested in 2 teams and cover ups (where do you stop with that lot). I could be offered free tickets and corporate hospitality and I would not go near it.

To attend and worse, pay to attend is supporting everything thats wrong in Scottish Football. There is no point in moaning about it if you keep handing over your hard earned. Worse, nothing will change...

fittiered
04-10-2017, 08:01 PM
I don't think its a sad state at all. The whole set up and running of Scottish football is rotten to the core. There is a manager that I believe is not picking his best 11, a governing body that is only interested in 2 teams and cover ups (where do you stop with that lot). I could be offered free tickets and corporate hospitality and I would not go near it.

To attend and worse, pay to attend is supporting everything thats wrong in Scottish Football. There is no point in moaning about it if you keep handing over your hard earned. Worse, nothing will change...

Give the ****s **** all. Its the only way to get rid of the corrupt ****s and clean up the game in scotland!! well maybe no, there will be some other hun/tim lovers take over...

Aldo1983
04-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Give the ****s **** all. Its the only way to get rid of the corrupt ****s and clean up the game in scotland!! well maybe no, there will be some other hun/tim lovers take over...

The irony is that your average Hun can't be arsed with Scotland either

Jupiter
04-10-2017, 08:18 PM
And the Tims like pretending to be Irish, even though most of them are too stupid to find Ireland on a map.

The Trading Sheep
04-10-2017, 08:30 PM

Totally agree, if you feed it nothing will ever change. However anyone new who came in would need to be given a chance to prove they were running the game fairly. I just don't see change happening tbh, why would it, when folk are clearly happy with how things are.

Stoney_Scarfer
05-10-2017, 04:03 AM
My problem with it is that we can all sit here and wax lyrical about not going, not being interested, hating GS & Dingus and all the rest of it when it comes to the National Team.

I might put it on tonight unless there is something better on.

If they win, then you will have the usual diatribe from wee Gordy.

If they lose, then you will have the usual diatribe from wee Gordy.

The irony is that no matter how much we decide not to bother attending and to not give them a penny, you will find that a significant proportion of "fans" inside that ground, do not support any particular side and have never even been to a club match!

My sister is one and you can stuff yer rules....

Don_Corleone
05-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Not overly excited about this game - when the squad is made up of dull, over-rated players simply because they play in England, I can't muster much enthusiasm for Scotland any more.

I'm actually more looking forward to seeing the Scotland v England U21 game on Friday evening. Do McKenna and Wright normally start for the U21s? It would be interesting to see how they cope against the English.

The_Moog
05-10-2017, 12:43 PM

Give the ****s **** all. Its the only way to get rid of the corrupt ****s and clean up the game in scotland!! well maybe no, there will be some other hun/tim lovers take over

Spot on. I'm nae gaan tonight and didn't go to the Malta game either despite being a regular for many years. Whilst Strachan partially and McGhee totally are major irritants, until that serf serving, corrupt cretin Regan is gone and the SFA is sorted out I'm nae going back to Hampden for Scotland games to avoid putting another penny towards his salary or the running costs of that shower of sh!te.

Anything else is just supporting the status quo continuing forever - f'uck that.

rico94
05-10-2017, 12:52 PM
So do the people who dont go to Scotland games because the SFA is corrupt boycott Scottish Cup games too?

It is the SFA cup competition after all.

GlezgaRed
05-10-2017, 01:05 PM
According to the lunchtime BBC Scotland news is that Barry Bannan will start, he is ****ing rubbish !!!

Scotland will lose by a couple of goals tonight.

PittodriePile
05-10-2017, 01:39 PM
It's not that I don't support the national side but it's hard to get excited when I don't agree with the squads, don't like half the players, ****!ng hate the guys in charge from top to bottom and when they only play about 10 fixtures a year.

theram1975
05-10-2017, 05:59 PM
According to the lunchtime BBC Scotland news is that Barry Bannan will start, he is ****ing rubbish !!!

Scotland will lose by a couple of goals tonight.

Bannan and Darren Fletcher starting. Two guys who have flattered to deceive on the big international stage ump**** times.

Would rather we had shoehorned McGinn and McGregor into the team and given young guys the chance to deliver at this level.

Jupiter
05-10-2017, 06:02 PM
FFS not Bannan and Fletcher, Strachan has cocked it up again.

foreveradon
05-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Glorius failure once again no doubt although im not sure about the glorius bit !

Hairdrier
05-10-2017, 06:10 PM
The lineup isn't exactly confidence inspiring. A draw or a narrow loss for me, although glad to be proved wrong.

donsdaft
05-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Right, tonight is it?

I'll maybe watch a bit of it.

C'mon the Slovaks, get stuck into the English loving b'astards.

sheepcrooky
05-10-2017, 06:21 PM
FFS not Bannan and Fletcher, Strachan has cocked it up again.

Never got much time for Bannan, but I watched him in a game v Leeds recently, and he was good.

donsdaft
05-10-2017, 06:42 PM
O tae f'uck.

Pink

They deserve a right f'uckin doing.

theram1975
05-10-2017, 06:45 PM
This experienced side tonight is the same sort of 'experience' that almost ****ed the qualifying campaign in the first few matches.

Aldo1983
05-10-2017, 07:01 PM
This experienced side tonight is the same sort of 'experience' that almost ****ed the qualifying campaign in the first few matches.

Experienced at failing.

The Trading Sheep
05-10-2017, 07:36 PM
So do the people who dont go to Scotland games because the SFA is corrupt boycott Scottish Cup games too?

It is the SFA cup competition after all.

Yup... I won't be attending

I don't think I will attend many games at all this season. Was a season ticket holder till the new club came up, but can't support a rigged game...

Aldo1983
05-10-2017, 07:41 PM
John Hughes calls John Collins "wee square heed".

I'm also out.

Jupiter
05-10-2017, 07:49 PM
It's got 0-0 written all over it

macattack
05-10-2017, 07:57 PM
It's got 0-0 written all over it

Hopefully Nae we certainly dont need 3 central midfielders on now they are don to 10 men !

Hairdrier
05-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Good result. All to play for against Slovenia.

donsdaft
05-10-2017, 08:55 PM
What a f'uckin sickner.

Can we go back to proper football please.

EintrachtFrankfurt
05-10-2017, 09:00 PM
What a f'uckin sickner.

Can we go back to proper football please.

I wouldnt worry too much, they will probably bottle it against Slovenia in a few days time and finish third in the group and be out. Its almost a dead cert.

donsdaft
05-10-2017, 09:08 PM
There's always hope.

Slovakia are the better team though.

macattack
05-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Just got over my latest Heart Attack watching the Scots :D Superb result now onto the crucial one away to Slovenia not doubt we will screw it up and lose in the last minute >:(

sancho_panza
05-10-2017, 09:23 PM
If we did make it then the seedings as it stands for the playoffs (assuming Bosnia don't beat Belgium and therefore finish as worst second place side) would be:

Seeded

Portugal
Wales
Italy
Northern Ireland

Unseeded

Iceland
Sweden
Denmark
Scotland

deedon
05-10-2017, 09:35 PM
There's always hope.

Slovakia are the better team though.

Aye right.

Nae Huns
05-10-2017, 09:37 PM
I thought I was on a Hun thread when I read the first load of posts on here! F*kn negative as fu*k! Bunch of masonics probably nae doot. Support ur national team man as they way Milne is going with our club it will be all we can support in a few years

deedon
05-10-2017, 09:46 PM
I thought I was on a Hun thread when I read the first load of posts on here! F*kn negative as fu*k! Bunch of masonics probably nae doot. Support ur national team man as they way Milne is going with our club it will be all we can support in a few years

Well said.

Pacman1903
05-10-2017, 09:46 PM
I Support ur national team

Is that a rule?

Im nae sticking to it

Nae Huns
05-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Nae doubt loon

donsdaft
05-10-2017, 10:10 PM
This is a forum for Dons fans.

If you want to support a Glasgow team that's up to you.

It's nae compulsory though is it?

Nae Huns
05-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Aye and we are all dons fans but this is a thread about the Scotland game.
I wouldn't say it's a Glasgow team.
Everyone for them self what national team they wanna support but if ur Scottish I don't get how you wouldn't support Scotland even if it was at curling

sancho_panza
05-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Aye and we are all dons fans but this is a thread about the Scotland game.
I wouldn't say it's a Glasgow team.
Everyone for them self what national team they wanna support but if ur Scottish I don't get how you wouldn't support Scotland even if it was at curling

What you have to understand is that whenever there's a Scotland thread a few hardy souls will come out the woodwork to remind us of how much they hate international football, how the Scotland team are all English, or Weegies, or c**ts and so on. Usually they try to be as obnoxious as possible about it to try and get a response from someone and engage in a pointless debate about the tyranny of being compelled to support the national team - it took donsdaft five attempts before you finally gave him what he was looking for here.

It's a shame because if you'd just held off a bit longer I'm sure he could have gone a bit further and told us about how he wipes his a**e with a Saltire or whatever else it would have taken to get a response, but we've lost the joy of reading that now.

DonUnder
06-10-2017, 06:03 AM
Anyone know where I can pick up a stream on Sunday?

Goalposter
06-10-2017, 06:08 AM

Absolutely^^^

Manic depressing Hun chunts.

I am the only one here who has REGULARLY stuck up for the national team.

If you're not happy at that result then don't come on this thread.

Oh but the manager is ****e, it's the corrupt SFA, the fans are too supportive of their national team, the same old players getting picked...blah ****ing blah.

That's all changed ^^^ , get over it.

I'll support Scotland til the day I die.its an institution where some bad players will play...some managers will be hated..some players will come from Celtic or the Huns, some supporters will be dicks etc etc. You don't turn your back on your team just cos of a few **** ups.
Or you would never support Aberdeen that's for sure.

Always thought it would come to the last game as usual for Scotland.least we have hope which we didn't have 5 games ago.well done Strachan and co for that at least.

Let us happier people in life celebrate a very much deserved victory under a manager who has finally learned who to pick. Well almost.

Where's rst when you want to cut your wrists?

Fuucking Magic.

COME ON SCOTLAND

:)

Goalposter
06-10-2017, 06:09 AM
Anyone know where I can pick up a stream on Sunday?

Sure do mate. I just managed to find this last night and was up at 5.15am to watch the game live in perfect HD.

DonUnder
06-10-2017, 06:17 AM
Yeah the time difference is fckd but I'm off on Monday so might as well. Did you forget to include it or am I being thick?

Goalposter
06-10-2017, 06:32 AM
Yeah the time difference is fckd but I'm off on Monday so might as well. Did you forget to include it or am I being thick?

Sent you mail mate

RedStarTorphins
06-10-2017, 06:37 AM
Absolutely^^^

Manic depressing Hun chunts.

I am the only one here who has REGULARLY stuck up for the national team.

If you're not happy at that result then don't come on this thread.

Oh but the manager is ****e, it's the corrupt SFA, the fans are too supportive of their national team, the same old players getting picked...blah ****ing blah.

That's all changed ^^^ , get over it.

I'll support Scotland til the day I die.its an institution where some bad players will play...some managers will be hated..some players will come from Celtic or the Huns, some supporters will be dicks etc etc. You don't turn your back on your team just cos of a few **** ups.
Or you would never support Aberdeen that's for sure.

Always thought it would come to the last game as usual for Scotland.least we have hope which we didn't have 5 games ago.well done Strachan and co for that at least.

Let us happier people in life celebrate a very much deserved victory under a manager who has finally learned who to pick. Well almost.

Where's rst when you want to cut your wrists?

Fuucking Magic.

COME ON SCOTLAND

"That's all changed"
Really?!
Has it hell
The SFA & Regan are complicit in covering up years of Hun cheating.
So tell me how "that's all changed".

You're entitled to support your country, of course.

But don't come on here having a go at folk that don't.

Whilst the current regime is in place I don't give a jot about Scotland

Goalposter
06-10-2017, 06:54 AM
"That's all changed"
Really?!
Has it hell
The SFA & Regan are complicit in covering up years of Hun cheating.
So tell me how "that's all changed".

You're entitled to support your country, of course.

But don't come on here having a go at folk that don't.

Whilst the current regime is in place I don't give a jot about Scotland

Having a go?

You mean the way you and most other posters had a go at me for supporting my national team and everyone else's here.

Which country are you from Slovakia?their supporters are pretty depressed tonight.

Haha

Don't come n here at all if you're not interested in the national team them.

Oh by the way, the regime doesn't change the score line or our chances of beating Slovenia.they did a while ago.

What's the Hun cheating got to do with the result last night.

Nobody likes the Huns here. Nobody.

Different matter

Mason89
06-10-2017, 07:13 AM
What if a few Huns got selected for Scotland? Would you like them then?

That’s my problem with the national team. I could never want Scott Brown, Mark McGhee etc to do well

Goalposter
06-10-2017, 07:30 AM
What if a few Huns got selected for Scotland? Would you like them then?

That’s my problem with the national team. I could never want Scott Brown, Mark McGhee etc to do well

Always has been. Probably always will be.

Would you like AFC if a hun was selected or managed them?

Hmmm....

rico94
06-10-2017, 07:33 AM
That doesn't seem to stop other nations supporting their national side, I believe that some of the Spain supporters for example dislike Pique playing for them but they still support the national team.

Mason89
06-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Always has been. Probably always will be.

Would you like AFC if a hun was selected or managed them?

Hmmm....

Depends on your definition of the word Hun. There’s Huns and there’s Huns. I’ve got a lovely pic of Ian Ferguson in an Aberdeen top but I’m glad I never saw him in our first team.

xtrmntr75
06-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Enjoyed the game last night. We deserved the win. Made hard work of it but a win's a win. Some bounce at the winner.

Goalposter
06-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Enjoyed the game last night. We deserved the win. Made hard work of it but a win's a win. Some bounce at the winner.

Nice one

The roar was awesome.

Any Scotsman not affected by that result should give up really.

That first half, apart from maybe 4 attacks from them, we made a very good team look like Malta to be honest.

Bout time people started appreciating how good we are at the moment despite Sunday nights result.

Aldo1983
06-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Nice one

The roar was awesome.

Any Scotsman not affected by that result should give up really.

That first half, apart from maybe 4 attacks from them, we made a very good team look like Malta to be honest.

Bout time people started appreciating how good we are at the moment despite Sunday nights result.

Give up what?

Goalposter
06-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Life as we know it Jim

Stoney_Scarfer
06-10-2017, 11:05 AM
I know what I said yesterday before the match so I don't need to be reminded.

I can't stand Dingus and don't have much affection for Wee Gordy.

I despise the SFA for being a bunch of corrupt bassa's

But last night, I thought I would watch it just because there wasn't much else on. As the game continued though I started to notice in myself that I was starting to get nervous with the continual attempts which would 90% of the time fly into the onion sack be saved or bounce of the woodwork.

At the point when the ball eventually found itself in the back of the net, I admit that I did break out with a "YES!!!!" and realised that as much as the set up annoys me, I still love my country and I want them to do well.

I won't be cheering for any specific players, just the shirt/badge.

I am now looking forward to Sunday's final game with much more enthusiasm than I have in a long while!

neilthedon
06-10-2017, 11:10 AM

But last night, I thought I would watch it just because there wasn't much else on. As the game continued though I started to notice in myself that I was starting to get nervous with the continual attempts which would 90% of the time fly into the onion sack be saved or bounce of the woodwork.

At the point when the ball eventually found itself in the back of the net, I admit that I did break out with a "YES!!!!" and realised that as much as the set up annoys me, I still love my country and I want them to do well.

I am now looking forward to Sunday's final game with much more enthusiasm than I have in a long while!

Yep. I just can`t help but expect that we`ll manage to " Do a Scotland " in the last match. And lose out in a typical glorious failure way, again !!!

( And I`m a glass half-full sort ......except when it comes to Scotland !! )

sheepcrooky
06-10-2017, 12:54 PM

Great post and agree with all of it. Will be glued to the TV on Sunday roaring on our country. I may dislike Strachan & McGhee now, I may detest the SFA, I may be a Tory, but I am Scottish and love my country.

Aldo1983
06-10-2017, 07:37 PM
The U21s against England tonight. All one way traffic with England scoring an absolute peach. McKenna starting.

InversneckieDob
06-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Great post and agree with all of it. Will be glued to the TV on Sunday roaring on our country. I may dislike Strachan & McGhee now, I may detest the SFA, I may be a Tory, but I am Scottish and love my country.

My relationship with the international team has pretty much died.....................I'd never want them to lose but, Sunday coming, I won't be watching the game.
I don't have Sky Sports any more and the Giants are playing at 6 o'clock.

When I was a kid, I lived and died for the Scotland/England international.

Biggest game of the year, my first was 1973 at Wembley.

Then we started qualifying for World Cups, 74 was magical for a 10 year old lad.......Argentina, all the rest.

As I got older and travel became more accessible I became a peripheral Tartan Army foot soldier, not one of the real diehards but a few jaunts around Europe.

I can't pinpoint when I started to lose interest but when Terry Butcher was appointed to the staff I cancelled my travel club membership.
I don't think I've been to a Scotland game since..........(thinking about it further, I haven't).

Then came the 2014 plebiscite....when we wore our collective cowardice like a badge of honour.

I saw no point in indulging in faux-patriotism on the football park after that.

I tried to get back into it about 18 months after that and watched a few games, but it just isn't the same.

My dislike of the management team isn't an issue. The lack of Dons/Non-Selick SPL players isn't an issue. The fact that we're sh!te(ish usually) isn't an issue. The fact we've players as English as insular jingoism isn't an issue.

In truth, the malaise isn't one thing, it's a number of things.

15-20 years ago, this game on Sunday would've been the centre of my world.

Now.....I hope they win, I'll check the score, but my immediate, emotional sporting connection Sunday night will be hoping that my 0-4 Giants get their first win of the season.

Patriotism....... a love of one's country .................(the last vestige of the scoundrel......a terrible thing......mebbe) all well and good.

But there's different ways of expressing it rather than in the sporting arena.
Having said all that, good luck to the team on Sunday, good luck to all the fans still living and dying it..................ain't for me any more though.

rico94
07-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Old fogies,things are never as good as they use to be back in the day ;)

Mason89
07-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Edit: I really must stop blaming McInnes :D

When we’re all looking back on this wonderful period of underachievement, you can be confident that you were on the right side of history :)

neilthedon
07-10-2017, 09:12 AM
When we’re all looking back on this wonderful period of underachievement, you can be confident that you were on the right side of history :)

Oh aye. Because the 20 years previous to that were SO great.

Mason89
07-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Oh aye. Because the 20 years previous to that were SO great.

Irrelevant

neilthedon
07-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Irrelevant

Hardly.

DonUnder
07-10-2017, 10:14 AM
My relationship with the international team has pretty much died.....................I'd never want them to lose but, Sunday coming, I won't be watching the game.
I don't have Sky Sports any more and the Giants are playing at 6 o'clock.

When I was a kid, I lived and died for the Scotland/England international.

Biggest game of the year, my first was 1973 at Wembley.

Then we started qualifying for World Cups, 74 was magical for a 10 year old lad.......Argentina, all the rest.

As I got older and travel became more accessible I became a peripheral Tartan Army foot soldier, not one of the real diehards but a few jaunts around Europe.

I can't pinpoint when I started to lose interest but when Terry Butcher was appointed to the staff I cancelled my travel club membership.
I don't think I've been to a Scotland game since..........(thinking about it further, I haven't).

Then came the 2014 plebiscite....when we wore our collective cowardice like a badge of honour.

I saw no point in indulging in faux-patriotism on the football park after that.

I tried to get back into it about 18 months after that and watched a few games, but it just isn't the same.

My dislike of the management team isn't an issue. The lack of Dons/Non-Selick SPL players isn't an issue. The fact that we're sh!te(ish usually) isn't an issue. The fact we've players as English as insular jingoism isn't an issue.

In truth, the malaise isn't one thing, it's a number of things.

15-20 years ago, this game on Sunday would've been the centre of my world.

Now.....I hope they win, I'll check the score, but my immediate, emotional sporting connection Sunday night will be hoping that my 0-4 Giants get their first win of the season.

Patriotism....... a love of one's country .................(the last vestige of the scoundrel......a terrible thing......mebbe) all well and good.

But there's different ways of expressing it rather than in the sporting arena.
Having said all that, good luck to the team on Sunday, good luck to all the fans still living and dying it..................ain't for me any more though.

Same age and feel exactly the same but the other night got me a bit Dougie Maclean. Perhaps it's Sean Connery syndrome being away so long but it's better than it has been for years.6756

donsdaft
07-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Nail on heid Sneckie min.

When you live in a country that sees itself as North Britain it's hard to pretend that it's different for football.

Stoney_Scarfer
07-10-2017, 02:54 PM
I can’t deny that whilst watching the National Anthems being sung, I was wondering which ones in the crowd were singing it and voted no.
That is the real hypocrisy!

Goalposter
07-10-2017, 10:00 PM
I can’t deny that whilst watching the National Anthems being sung, I was wondering which ones in the crowd were singing it and voted no.
That is the real hypocrisy!

Aye but you have to remember, the no voters still love Scotland.

Apparently

rico94
07-10-2017, 10:52 PM
Aye but you have to remember, the no voters still love Scotland.

Apparently

Aye it's almost as bad as the folk who voted yes but still feel the need to tell everyone they don't give a f*ck about the national team.

InversneckieDob
07-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Aye it's almost as bad as the folk who voted yes but still feel the need to tell everyone they don't give a f*ck about the national team.

No.......it really isn't.