PDA

View Full Version : Our Loanee Johnstone

stateside
03-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Has the most saved in all 4 divisions. He's playing out of his skin.

Many will say it doesn't say much about our defence but I would disagree. I believe our defenders have forced opponents to shoot from long range or difficult angles making a lot of his saves more routine.

Any thoughts?

yubbywelch
04-10-2017, 12:19 AM
Has the most saved in all 4 divisions. He's playing out of his skin.

Many will say it doesn't say much about our defence but I would disagree. I believe our defenders have forced opponents to shoot from long range or difficult angles making a lot of his saves more routine.

Any thoughts?

My first thoughts were, He's obviously looked at tapes of my old man playing infront of the net.

stateside
04-10-2017, 01:26 AM
Oh Yubby, that Aussie sense of humor. I don't get it at all.

yubbywelch
04-10-2017, 01:58 AM
Oh Yubby, that Aussie sense of humor. I don't get it at all.

That's alright dad, those under 60 will get it.

stateside
04-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Whatever you say, sonny

yubbywelch
04-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Whatever you say, sonny

I've leant over the years to speak loudly (in case your hearing aids aren't in) and to not upset you whilst your eating. ;D

stateside
05-10-2017, 12:12 AM
At least you're growing up.

bongosdad
05-10-2017, 08:27 AM
I've not seen enough games to comment but i do believe defending starts with the strikers and midfield working hard high up the pitch and making life easier for the defence and keeper.
I do like Johnstone and I'm glad now we didn't get Joe average Heart. Having him again this season has added continuity that we badly needed. It's only Terry and Elmo that are new this season at the back.