PDA

View Full Version : Rams in exile

swaledale
05-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Hi, as its a bit loopy over on Derby Mad and there does not seem to be much action on here, thought I'd pop across for a chat.

Some fellow exiles may join us hope nobody minds?

Acido
05-10-2017, 11:24 PM
Yo Swaley, what exactly is going on on Derby mad ?.
And even more so what are you doing on here, as yellow n green doesnt suit you lol.

swaledale
06-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Well its seemingly not used so thought it would not harm to pop over here and maybe some of us could enjoy a chat without irrirtating posts!

I honestly do not know whats going on, whether its a deliberate ploy to "spice" up the site or if its just incompetence, whatever it is what was an active site is being destroyed, though there is a bit of rebellion from established posters which may make the powers that be take notice.

ramAnag
06-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Well its seemingly not used so thought it would not harm to pop over here and maybe some of us could enjoy a chat without irrirtating posts!

I honestly do not know whats going on, whether its a deliberate ploy to "spice" up the site or if its just incompetence, whatever it is what was an active site is being destroyed, though there is a bit of rebellion from established posters which may make the powers that be take notice.

Well, personally I believe in the theory of 'go west (or north) young man' but...any port in a storm I suppose Swale, so Norwich it is.
Only English County I've never been to (Norfolk) so needless to say, I've never been to Carrow Road.
God only knows what's going on Acido. Site seems to be run by and for fools, but there are enough decent posters to still make it a bloody good forum. Hopefully they'll find there way eastwards for a bit.

swaledale
06-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Spread the word AR, though quietly as we do not want unwanted visitors.

Carrow road is a fine ground, though I've never seen the rams win there.

Do you think R4J and his multiple alias's are rat or some aquaintance? Its odd that he gets no sanction whatsoever for multiple infringements despite rats pledge. Or do you think its Rats way of gaining some power back by protecting him knowing that he is despised by most regulars on DM?

ramAnag
06-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Spread the word AR, though quietly as we do not want unwanted visitors.

Carrow road is a fine ground, though I've never seen the rams win there.

Do you think R4J and his multiple alias's are rat or some aquaintance? Its odd that he gets no sanction whatsoever for multiple infringements despite rats pledge. Or do you think its Rats way of gaining some power back by protecting him knowing that he is despised by most regulars on DM?

I haven't a clue. I doubt Bloomer exists anymore. No idea why R4J/DDD get away with anything and everything, can't see the point of it all. Rats has either lost the plot or is just bloody useless. Either way he needs to go.
Happy to chat along in Fry country but ultimately I'd like our forum back without the halfwit and the wannabe bullying mod.
Making Andy a mod, as some have called for, would make a huge difference.

swaledale
06-10-2017, 10:32 PM
I haven't a clue. I doubt Bloomer exists anymore. No idea why R4J/DDD get away with anything and everything, can't see the point of it all. Rats has either lost the plot or is just bloody useless. Either way he needs to go.
Happy to chat along in Fry country but ultimately I'd like our forum back without the halfwit and the wannabe bullying mod.
Making Andy a mod, as some have called for, would make a huge difference.

The rodent isn't about to give up the only power he has in his life though is he? Well bring them all over here and we can have a discussion until the **** has gone, eventually I guess if we all ignore him he will get bored.

Supertel Ramfan
06-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Oops I think Ive gor my wrong coat on

roger_ramjet
06-10-2017, 10:44 PM
Thats better

swaledale
07-10-2017, 12:23 AM
Oops I think Ive gor my wrong coat on

Evening all, though I'm not sure who you really are!

swaledale
07-10-2017, 12:25 AM
Evening Rog, your witty theory about rat aside, who the **** do you think R4J is and why the change of identity to DDD?

Its odd because his/her posts vary from unintelligible to well constructed, which makes the rat theory more likely.

roger_ramjet
07-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Well as Poirot would say, let us examine the facts.

1) Rat is absurdly defensive of the two identities to the extent that he allows them to break all forum rules repeatedly without censure;
2) Rat has always been one to construct somewhat ludicous opinions and then defend them to the death;
3) Only Rat could create the identities because he is the only one who can defend then from a mod position;
4) R4J DDD Rattea are all on holiday at the same time in places their characters would go - the "big I am" to the himalayas, the ignorant chav on a late sun package
5) No doubt DDD and R4J are the same person but why the switch. No idea but maybe as DDD arrived at the same time as lots were leaving and multiple identities were in vogue it was a topical tactical thing;
6) R4J seems to pull peoples chains individually. The day I first post after 4 weeks off he posts a completely drivel post about tax...coincidence?

So no question that R4JDDD is a false character "flaming" the site. The character is so totally perverse, over the top, opinionated, ignorant, arrogant and patently stupid that it cannot be real. No person could really think like that surely?

Is it Rat - well if its not then its someone he knows well and is in cahoots with in designing maintaining and developing the character into ever more ludicrous directions.

One thing that has always puzzled me: if you look at the R4J profile you will see a public "private message" between R4J and Rat where R4J whines about the big boys and Rat tells him not to be a naughty boy and annoy the residents.

What is this exchange for and how does it get there? Ive no idea how to create an open 'on profile' exchange of supposed private messages, so Im sure that someone who will lick his own email address off the window by mistake cannot.

So in conclusion we are being wound up by someone who knows each of our characteristics well enough to know how to elicit a reaction. If not created by Rat then someone he knows and is in league with. For sure it cannot be a real person

roger_ramjet
07-10-2017, 07:43 AM
You remember Les Dawson and his bad piano playing? You have to be a very good pianist to delibarately play that badly.

Equally you need to be a pretty smart cookie to act so dumb so consistently in character, hence the odd chink of intelligent thought might accidentally reveal itself.

ramAnag
07-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Thats better

Ah...so I was right all along! Ya div!

But you're not the MadAmster...who would be a welcome addition.

roger_ramjet
07-10-2017, 08:47 AM
I learned from STRF how difficult it was to maintain a character without leaking reality so whoever is playing R4J is pretty skilful at it to remain in part and dream up *******s to spout

ramAnag
07-10-2017, 09:05 AM
They also have a massive amount of time on their hands. He's almost got a full time job of posting links and generally being either delusional or objectionable. Would Rat's really be able to do that? More likely someone in 'cahoots'...his son/child perhaps...a huge private Rat family joke!
Either way...the joke is on us. How much time have we spent getting wound up by the situation since last March and are we any closer to resolving the situation and getting the forum back to displaying a modicum of common sense? Now we find ourselves 'in Norwich', like the three musketeers in self imposed exile...an even bigger laugh back in 'Ratworld'. I know it's nice to be, temporarily, free from rebuke by dumb and dumber but do we have a plan...and if we do should it perhaps be a little more private.

roger_ramjet
07-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Has Rat bred then? I think not but may be wrong

roger_ramjet
07-10-2017, 09:46 AM
No use looking back - look to the future. No need for any plan - accept the reality that the old forum is history. Did the Pilgrim Fathers land in New England and try to figure a way to oust their former religious persecutors. No, they made a New World, a better and ultimately bigger world, free from tyranny. We must rededicate ourselves to Ramkind and help others escape from persecution and the reign of ignorance. Then in 300 years time, we, the founding fathers can be revered but the leader of our offspring will demand a wall be built against immigration from Ipswich.

Doesnt this speech want to make you take your cap off and hold your heart?

swaledale
07-10-2017, 11:33 AM
No use looking back - look to the future. No need for any plan - accept the reality that the old forum is history. Did the Pilgrim Fathers land in New England and try to figure a way to oust their former religious persecutors. No, they made a New World, a better and ultimately bigger world, free from tyranny. We must rededicate ourselves to Ramkind and help others escape from persecution and the reign of ignorance. Then in 300 years time, we, the founding fathers can be revered but the leader of our offspring will demand a wall be built against immigration from Ipswich.

Doesnt this speech want to make you take your cap off and hold your heart?

I did feel a tightening of the throat, a flutter in the stomach and almost brotherly fondness for you when I read this i have to admit. Luckily gavascon works wonders.

swaledale
07-10-2017, 11:38 AM
They also have a massive amount of time on their hands. He's almost got a full time job of posting links and generally being either delusional or objectionable. Would Rat's really be able to do that? More likely someone in 'cahoots'...his son/child perhaps...a huge private Rat family joke!
Either way...the joke is on us. How much time have we spent getting wound up by the situation since last March and are we any closer to resolving the situation and getting the forum back to displaying a modicum of common sense? Now we find ourselves 'in Norwich', like the three musketeers in self imposed exile...an even bigger laugh back in 'Ratworld'. I know it's nice to be, temporarily, free from rebuke by dumb and dumber but do we have a plan...and if we do should it perhaps be a little more private.

It is my view that the rodent has lots of time on his hands and it is his style, when i first signed up, Rat was a very active poster and ironically use to abuse and take the piss out of any poster that dared to challenge his "supremacy" of the Forum, in fact his attacks and "bullying" were far in excess of anything that has supposedly happened to googlechild.

The plan must be to completely ignore the ****er surely? I know its hard sometimes but if everybody on the Forum either ignored his posts and there was no interaction then we could just chat amongst ourselves and he or she could just post their twaddle with no interaction other than other like minded idiots.

The trouble is that sometimes its too tempting to respond, but in reality does that achieve anything? Other than us having our chains yanked and the Forum getting ump**** more posts - perhaps as exiles we should take a vow, never ever to interact with R4J/DDD again, put him on ignore and avoid all contact.

ramAnag
07-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Has Rat bred then? I think not but may be wrong

I know next to nothing about him. He did though, in a private message, postpone a further response because he was spending the afternoon 'with his son'.

ramAnag
07-10-2017, 12:34 PM
It is my view that the rodent has lots of time on his hands and it is his style, when i first signed up, Rat was a very active poster and ironically use to abuse and take the piss out of any poster that dared to challenge his "supremacy" of the Forum, in fact his attacks and "bullying" were far in excess of anything that has supposedly happened to googlechild.

The plan must be to completely ignore the ****er surely? I know its hard sometimes but if everybody on the Forum either ignored his posts and there was no interaction then we could just chat amongst ourselves and he or she could just post their twaddle with no interaction other than other like minded idiots.

The trouble is that sometimes its too tempting to respond, but in reality does that achieve anything? Other than us having our chains yanked and the Forum getting ump**** more posts - perhaps as exiles we should take a vow, never ever to interact with R4J/DDD again, put him on ignore and avoid all contact.

I've never understood this. Was it Geoffrey Howe who was once compared to a 'dead sheep'? I have to say that attacks from Rats are similarly intimidating. Posting under his own name the guy is semi literate, often devoid of reason and incapable of posing a threat without the title of 'mod'.
No wish to emulate the Tory Party by disagreeing amongst ourselves, but wouldn't we achieve more by supporting Stenson back on the Derby board and just returning to Norfolk for a bit of R&R or even, at the risk of sounding ridiculously clandestine, communicating by email.

swaledale
07-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Anag your missing the pint, here is a DDD/R4J free zone for posting , IF we can be disciplined enough to ignore the elephant on the Forum then fine otherwise chat on here call your fellow posters over and leave DM until its googlechid free.

Oh make no mistake about Rats he was constant and vicious in his attacks, even to the point of posting insulting cartoons and being continually condescending, (he can get very childish when he wants) the bad blood between me and him goes back to those days when I was not intimidated by a key board warrior and gave back as good as I got.

There is a reason he still takes every chance to be insulting and abusive about me when ever he can, it doesn't bother me because the guy clearly has an obsession against anyone who challenges his point of vie, though funnily enough you seem to escape his wrath?

ramAnag
07-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Anag your missing the pint, here is a DDD/R4J free zone for posting , IF we can be disciplined enough to ignore the elephant on the Forum then fine otherwise chat on here call your fellow posters over and leave DM until its googlechid free.

Oh make no mistake about Rats he was constant and vicious in his attacks, even to the point of posting insulting cartoons and being continually condescending, (he can get very childish when he wants) the bad blood between me and him goes back to those days when I was not intimidated by a key board warrior and gave back as good as I got.

There is a reason he still takes every chance to be insulting and abusive about me when ever he can, it doesn't bother me because the guy clearly has an obsession against anyone who challenges his point of vie, though funnily enough you seem to escape his wrath?

Missing the 'pint'? Well, if you're buying.
Okay, I'll give the first bit (another!) try. It is difficult when he attacks another poster though.
I've noticed that about Rats not really having a go at me too. Weird...I mean I don't want him too particularly but he does tend to go for you more than anyone. Promise we have no association. Just after I joined someone told me to watch out for Rats...never understood what all the fuss was about.

swaledale
07-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Missing the 'pint'? Well, if you're buying.
Okay, I'll give the first bit (another!) try. It is difficult when he attacks another poster though.
I've noticed that about Rats not really having a go at me too. Weird...I mean I don't want him too particularly but he does tend to go for you more than anyone. Promise we have no association. Just after I joined someone told me to watch out for Rats...never understood what all the fuss was about.

I think its rather because you are such a calm reasonable poster who just states the facts, whereas he and I have previous on DM, I agree being savaged by rat is like being savaged by a dead sheep, though frankly I'm not bothered by anything posted on tinternet, its hardly as if they know who you are is it, so if its ones opinions or views being dissed, so what?

However, his approach was exactly what he has since called others out for recently which I find rather ironic - he does so want/need for his views or posts to be taken seriously and of course he used to boast he was a world traveller, but we see less of that these days.

ramAnag
07-10-2017, 04:27 PM
I think its rather because you are such a calm reasonable poster who just states the facts, whereas he and I have previous on DM, I agree being savaged by rat is like being savaged by a dead sheep, though frankly I'm not bothered by anything posted on tinternet, its hardly as if they know who you are is it, so if its ones opinions or views being dissed, so what?

However, his approach was exactly what he has since called others out for recently which I find rather ironic - he does so want/need for his views or posts to be taken seriously and of course he used to boast he was a world traveller, but we see less of that these days.

'Calm and reasonable'...'just states the facts'...I've never been so insulted in my life!

roger_ramjet
07-10-2017, 05:27 PM
Never fear Swale I know exactly who Rat is....name/email/linkedin etc

roger_ramjet
07-10-2017, 05:30 PM
But care must be taken posting in both places as our posting history is open to all. He can still card us there - and for you and me its red- and I wouldnt put it past him to card people on dcfc for something said on ncfc and bans are global now

StensonRam
07-10-2017, 05:37 PM
I'm certain r4j/DDD are something to do with rat, why else would they get total immunity, just a thought but didn't roland rat have an infant brother called Little Reggie and his friends included a technical whiz-kid called Errol the Hamster and "number one ratfan" Kevin the Gerbil, maybe they are all related, couldn't we pm Romanis, he seems able to investigate and check IP addresses.

swaledale
07-10-2017, 10:16 PM
I'm certain r4j/DDD are something to do with rat, why else would they get total immunity, just a thought but didn't roland rat have an infant brother called Little Reggie and his friends included a technical whiz-kid called Errol the Hamster and "number one ratfan" Kevin the Gerbil, maybe they are all related, couldn't we pm Romanis, he seems able to investigate and check IP addresses.

An interesting theory, but Stenson I think he enjoys having a poster who everyone else dislikes and feels a kindred spirit, but then again R4J and DDD are certainly multiple personalities, how else would the same poster go from reasonably intelligible phrases to posts where the spelling of words is wrong and the wrong meaning s ascribed to words to the extent that it seems the poster is barely literate?

The only approach is to put DDD on ignore, not respond to his posts and continue the discussion amongst ourselves, if your not interacting with him then no rules have been broken and it ceases to be irritating.

swaledale
07-10-2017, 10:17 PM
But care must be taken posting in both places as our posting history is open to all. He can still card us there - and for you and me its red- and I wouldnt put it past him to card people on dcfc for something said on ncfc and bans are global now

I too have found out who he is, OTR posted a picture on here which Rat got removed pretty quickly but that plus internet searches confirmed my suspicions.

Acido
07-10-2017, 10:27 PM
As a mod myself I wish I had sod all to do, and most of the time in all fairness that is the case for us on Barnsley/Tykes Mad.
But I can see on other boards where some 'mods' just dont appear even when there are problems and things are apparently falling apart... and thats my current take on whats happening on Derby Mad. :O

StensonRam
08-10-2017, 04:47 AM
I too have found out who he is, OTR posted a picture on here which Rat got removed pretty quickly but that plus internet searches confirmed my suspicions.

Please do tell, PM me

swaledale
09-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Well as Poirot would say, let us examine the facts.

1) Rat is absurdly defensive of the two identities to the extent that he allows them to break all forum rules repeatedly without censure;
2) Rat has always been one to construct somewhat ludicous opinions and then defend them to the death;
3) Only Rat could create the identities because he is the only one who can defend then from a mod position;
4) R4J DDD Rattea are all on holiday at the same time in places their characters would go - the "big I am" to the himalayas, the ignorant chav on a late sun package
5) No doubt DDD and R4J are the same person but why the switch. No idea but maybe as DDD arrived at the same time as lots were leaving and multiple identities were in vogue it was a topical tactical thing;
6) R4J seems to pull peoples chains individually. The day I first post after 4 weeks off he posts a completely drivel post about tax...coincidence?

So no question that R4JDDD is a false character "flaming" the site. The character is so totally perverse, over the top, opinionated, ignorant, arrogant and patently stupid that it cannot be real. No person could really think like that surely?

Is it Rat - well if its not then its someone he knows well and is in cahoots with in designing maintaining and developing the character into ever more ludicrous directions.

One thing that has always puzzled me: if you look at the R4J profile you will see a public "private message" between R4J and Rat where R4J whines about the big boys and Rat tells him not to be a naughty boy and annoy the residents.

What is this exchange for and how does it get there? Ive no idea how to create an open 'on profile' exchange of supposed private messages, so Im sure that someone who will lick his own email address off the window by mistake cannot.

So in conclusion we are being wound up by someone who knows each of our characteristics well enough to know how to elicit a reaction. If not created by Rat then someone he knows and is in league with. For sure it cannot be a real person

Well the return of the Mod has certainly shown he is listening regular posters on the Forum and has a clear understanding of the issue!!