PDA

View Full Version : Strachan

arab_pat
08-10-2017, 06:17 PM
I’d rather not wait until the morning for your resignation so please do the right thing and quit now. Needing a win and you sit in with fletcher and fatty McArthur? Disgraceful

Arab 8010
08-10-2017, 06:52 PM
I'm just delighted that the international football is over with for another good while, canna stand it.

arabian_ian
08-10-2017, 06:56 PM
No interest what so ever.

At least I'll now enjoy the World Cup.

darrenshedtastic
08-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Time for GS to go imo. think hes done as much as he cant tbh. last two groups we've had decent opportunities to get through it but haven't. A better manager would have won tonight. We were always playing catch up from the start we had, managed to fluke a few results then only the last two games had we actually looked decent but then returned to previous form tonight.

1-0 at HT v a team who had nothing to play for and we some how manage to f it up.

my worry is that the 2nd half of the group will be enough for the SFA to give him another 3year deal no doubt.

Also if we GS does go, who would be his replacement? no one jumps out as being a decent enough shout. Moyes? Mcleish? Mackay? Lambert? all guys who's Reputations are low.

shedka
08-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Terrible decisions from him tonight added to the terrible decisions early in the campaign (which saw us draw at home to Lithuania) has meant that taking 14 pts from the last 18 has not been enough to get second

Frustrating as he simply hasn't utilised the players he had available, wasting guys like Forrest, Calum McGregor and McGinn

stokearab
08-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Time for GS to go imo. think hes done as much as he cant tbh. last two groups we've had decent opportunities to get through it but haven't. A better manager would have won tonight. We were always playing catch up from the start we had, managed to fluke a few results then only the last two games had we actually looked decent but then returned to previous form tonight.

1-0 at HT v a team who had nothing to play for and we some how manage to f it up.

my worry is that the 2nd half of the group will be enough for the SFA to give him another 3year deal no doubt.

Also if we GS does go, who would be his replacement? no one jumps out as being a decent enough shout. Moyes? Mcleish? Mackay? Lambert? all guys who's Reputations are low.

Strachan is an arrogant prickly cantankerous wee p rick and I would have said that whether we went through or went out. He's obviously got some personality issues. Also I think there must have been some personal issue with the Sheep or McInnes since none of their players ever get in the squad. If that is the case it's disgraceful that a personal squabble comes before the best available team.

He failed to start our best striker in the first 3 games! He started Hanley when Berra and Mulgrew were available.
He persisted tonight with Phillips who was shocking on Thursday, and surprise surprise was again tonight. Forrest wasn't great on Thursday but surely should have started tonight in front of Phillips. Can't get my head round that at all.
We definitely missed Armstrong, but our midfield without him is so uninspiring. McCarthur Morrison, no forward drive and no flair. We have looked much better in the last few games, and if he'd made the right decisions at the start of the campaign we would have had more time between now and the finals to improve. Now we'll never know.

But if they do sack him or he does resign I've no idea who would do better.

darrenshedtastic
08-10-2017, 07:45 PM
i personally dont like GS not just because hes not got us qualified or anything just in general. he has that smug arrogance about him that he feels like he's untouchable. we lose a game, he makes some stupid little comment that makes a dig at people. if we win hes all cocky and smug with a very "i told you so" attitude.

he constantly plays guys who aren't on form or are not even playing for their team and over guys who should be at least in the squad. the whole aberdeen thing is sneaky af. in the last few years have been the 2nd best team in the country and yet none of their players could get into the squad never mind the team? guys like Armstrong who were doing the business at united week in week out needed to wait until they signed for celtic before they got anywhere near the squad.

Celtic have been dominate over the last year or so under Rodgers. even though some of us dont like it the majority of the team should have been celtic players as they have been on form and have that winning mentality. took him a few games before he even wanted to try Griffiths. Mcgregor needs to be scoring 6goals every week before he gets a game. yet guys like Morrison/Mcarthur/bannan/Fletcher are always picked when they arent performing or have had their chance before.

time for a fresh new look on everything. some of the guys in the squad shouldnt be back in the team unless they are doing unbelievable for their clubs. the whole things stale imo.

USArab
08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
I’d rather not wait until the morning for your resignation so please do the right thing and quit now. Needing a win and you sit in with fletcher and fatty McArthur? Disgraceful

Strachan’s teas oot! Time to go....

LSArab
08-10-2017, 08:07 PM
GS certainly is a bit smug. Last few matches have been better though.

The euros are a massive chance to qualify as so many teams involved now.

I’m not sure that trying another manager who has had a mix of success and failure - like moyes, lambert etc is going to help. Perhaps we give GS this last chance as the players do seem behind him right now

Sutherland Arab
08-10-2017, 08:20 PM
1-0 at HT against a team with nothing to play for. Second half just need at the very least to be solid. The two goals we concede are an absolute joke at any level.
Having gone to 1-1 and with the ship sinking fast Strachan tells McGinn to warm up, he dithers, dithers and dithers, Slovenia score and it's Snodgrass and Fletcher on.
Well too little too late you wee ginger, scrotum face muppet.
Oh and I look forward to his defensive, cryptic press conference where he tells us all phuck all other than he's having a cheese sandwich tonight.

RAM1971
08-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Craig Gordon sold the jerseys against Inglin when he should have come out for a high ball and didn't, costing us the equaliser. He did the same again tonight, stayed rooted on his line when with his height and dominating stature should have come out and punched it into the vast safe area in front of him where they had no players. That gave them the impetus to go for the 2nd.

However, Scotland didn't do anything that any Scotland team hasn't done before. They should stop watching 'A Bridge Too Far!'

jjaflup22
08-10-2017, 10:20 PM
No interest what so ever.

At least I'll now enjoy the World Cup.

2 bizarre statements above. Anyway, isn't it strange the stick that Craig Levein got for being negative when tonight GS was completely negative for 90 minutes. Also I cannot understand the mentality of players who didn't seem remotely up for essentially the biggest match of their international career, with the exception of Griffiths. And please get Darren Fletcher to feck, how that guy has got about 80 caps says all you need to know about the state of recent Scotland teams.

LSArab
08-10-2017, 10:55 PM
I’ll revise my earlier comment. After his apparent suggestion that we have some ‘genetic’ disadvantage I think he will be on his way out

Whitfieldarab
08-10-2017, 11:51 PM
We didn't qualify in a play off spot because of tonights result the draw at home v Lithuania and not seeing out the win at home v England killed off our dreams.

Strachan is hard to like but he's not to blame for yet another glorious failure imo,we just don't have the players and our technique is miles behind the Slovenias etc. Even our best manager (again imo) since JYM couldn't make anything of them.

I think Strachan will retire now anyway so who's next?

shedka
09-10-2017, 07:45 AM
Disagree Whitfield, if he had chosen the right players earlier in the campaign then we would've beaten Lithuania

Last night's result (and the last 6) have been fine in isolation but he messed up during the early part of the group

arab_pat
09-10-2017, 07:47 AM
He is to blame. He picks his buddies. If you decided on a 4-4-2 than got a computer to pick our most in-form player in each position we’d have done better than with that ginger pr1ck. Oblak aside we are streets ahead of every player in their side

Whitfieldarab
09-10-2017, 08:41 AM
Scotland weren't great yesterday but if Darren Fletcher scores that absolute sitter from 8 yards out then we possibly win the game and get 2nd place then this thread doesn't exist.

Football fans are obsessed with 442 but football coaches very rarely play it. The team that won our group at a canter played 1 up front.

GingerPetric
09-10-2017, 08:53 AM
He greets about genetics and physicality, but repeatedly goes with boys getting limited playing time at their clubs, that aren't match fit and have no pace.

Forrest, McGregor and McGinn are young, match fit and full of energy. McGregor is the next best thing we have to Armstrong in the type of lad that can grab a goal from midfield. Forrest is hit or miss but does have blistering pace. He should have been one of the subbies.

Charlie ****ing Mulgrew would still get a game if he was playing for the Violet...he is garbage. Wee Barry Bannan....smallest player going, oh the irony.

Count Dracula in the goal has always been glued to his line.

As ever not sure what Graeme Shinnie needs to do to get in the squad, a good player that can cover about 3 or 4 positions.

We have shot ourselves in the foot this campaign, maybe the manager will have learned and be worth keeping....which would be a shame as he is an irritating wee d ick

arab_pat
09-10-2017, 09:51 AM
4-4-2 was just an example. Pick 4-5-1 if you wish but pick players actually getting selected by their clubs and playing well...

dundeeunitedfc83
09-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Strachan’s a ****ing idiot, has to go it’s his inability not to pick domestic players, how on earth mcgregor/McGinn never got a minute between is unbelievable, it his inability to take so long to pick Armstrong, Teirney and Griffiths at the start of the campaign

TerryTheTerror
09-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Genetics? That's one of the most stupid excuses I've ever heard a manager come out with. :?

NOSCOTCAPS
09-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Same old, same old. Picking players because of the Div they are in or team they play for, that to me is the biggest mistake and always has been. We have made the point many times before past and present that had all the United or Sheep team in the early 80s, played elsewhere, then their cap count would have been double!

Bannan, Both Fletchers, McArthur et al just ain't that good but play in EPL/English Champ, so they must be good. Chris Martin lazy I could go on.

We talk about club side mentality so let's pick that way, plus a few others. Therefore Aberdeen and Celtic, form the nucleus and get the blo*dy youngsters in, now none of this waiting until they're 24+ rubbish and gained some experience. Good enough old enough.

Genetics, GS was one of our best players and he is minute.

In truth Slovenia are no mugs despite rankings, former Yugoslav state, who produced some great players, so genetically they are bigger and technically much better.

RAM1971
09-10-2017, 05:57 PM
I blame all the fancy foods that have come into this country since the 70s and 80s. Big Joe Jordon - 6 foot two, eyes of blue, was raised on good old Scots' Porage oats. Our mammas had it right. Genetics my ass. It's the feeding that does it.

Sutherland Arab
09-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Genetics, what a load of absolute p1sh.
Would make more sense if he said more kids should be working on fitness and bulking up rather than sitting on video games.
The plot has been lost as the old cliched excuses won't cut it anymore.

LSArab
09-10-2017, 08:35 PM
It’s a disgrace to blame genetics.

We just need to train up talented kids and have better youth system etc. Systemic things that SFA needs to address

Look at Iceland. Tiny nation that has got good training for kids in place in country with a harsh climate which affects playing outdoors for part of the year. On way to World Cup

jjaflup22
09-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Ah but he's right about genetics, small players don't win anything. Oh except for Spain... What a muppet!

shedboy71
12-10-2017, 01:49 PM
he's gone - who now?

USArab
12-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Genetics, what a load of absolute p1sh.
Would make more sense if he said more kids should be working on fitness and bulking up rather than sitting on video games.
The plot has been lost as the old cliched excuses won't cut it anymore.

I agree, the genetics *******s was just more smoke and mirrors from Strachan.

MagicMugs
12-10-2017, 03:28 PM
he's gone - who now?

Have it on quite good authority it is David Moyes and that there has been an agreement in place for months.
That authority that said it, Stewart Regan pished in the Cutty Sark in Ljubljana mouthing off to Scotland fans to try and impress us.

He could have been lying, as he has been known to do. Also some rumours floating around that Regan himself is not to be around for too much longer (this is a more vague rumour though)

eldorado49550
12-10-2017, 05:06 PM
I blame all the fancy foods that have come into this country since the 70s and 80s. Big Joe Jordon - 6 foot two, eyes of blue, was raised on good old Scots' Porage oats. Our mammas had it right. Genetics my ass. It's the feeding that does it. six foot two eyes of blue was Jim Holton surely Ram? :)

edited for spelling error
that's what i get for being a smartarse.

RAM1971
12-10-2017, 08:10 PM
six foot two eyes of blue was Jim Holton surely Ram? :)

edited for spelling error
that's what i get for being a smartarse.

You may well be right my dear friend? It was a long time ago and my grey hair is proof that the ground underneath it isn't as fertile as it once was!

eldorado49550
13-10-2017, 06:56 AM
You may well be right my dear friend? It was a long time ago and my grey hair is proof that the ground underneath it isn't as fertile as it once was!

:):)

SmedDUm
13-10-2017, 08:14 AM
Six foot two
Eyes of blue
William Edjenguele's
After you

...doesn't quite have the same ring about it! :)

GUNBOAT
17-10-2017, 10:34 PM
If Gordon had been the manager when he played then he would never have won any of his 50 caps cos he would be deemed too wee,he was completely obsessed with height in international football borne out by the fact he preferred big Chris Martin to wee Leigh Griffiths.If he had ever landed the Spanish gig they would have won F ALL,Argentina under his command would never have capped Messi or Maradona!.
I found it very funny when he described the Lithuanian's as giant's after the 1-1 draw at Hampden,he is supposed to be a scholar of the beautiful game but what he failed to understand is basketball is their national sport and their rejects get packed aff tae football training!.