PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allardice as a Central Defender/Sweeper?

Giant_Jouster
09-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Any time I've seen the laddie, it's always been at a game, but I've always been impressed by his apparent calmness on the ball and that he's always looking to pick a pass.

Although I watched Saturday's game on ALBA, I liked the look of him in the centre of defence. He seemed to be switched on pretty well positionally and I liked him coming out with the ball from defence, as that gives any team an advantage. What about Scott sweeping ahent Mark Durnan as the marker?

TerryTheTerror
09-10-2017, 11:46 AM
I agree, think he'd complement a harder centre half very well. This is the way it always tended to be for the most successful centre half partnerships in the past.

shedboy71
09-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Though he played ok but also thought he looked slow at times in first half? Maybe just me

SmedDUm
09-10-2017, 12:12 PM
I think we've got a player.
The Irn Bru is giving him an opportunity to showcase himself.
I was also very impressed with Ritchie, Taylor and Chalmers for his 25 mins as a subbie & matchwinner.
A very pleasing performance.

tHeArAb
09-10-2017, 05:53 PM
He's looked ok, but the level of opposition has been woeful.

Shed69
09-10-2017, 05:56 PM
I think he is improving and that game and hi performance will, hopefully ,do his confidence the world of good. Well done.

shedboy71
09-10-2017, 11:15 PM
his pace is an issue - he was pulling a caravan at times.

dont worry i dont expect the happy clappers to see these things ;)

RAM1971
10-10-2017, 11:58 AM
his pace is an issue - he was pulling a caravan at times.

dont worry i dont expect the happy clappers to see these things ;)

He would fit in perfectly then with a 4 x 4 and two formation!

Shed69
10-10-2017, 06:45 PM
I'm no happy clapper but give credit when it's due no great fan of Allardice just felt he improved from the last time I saw him 😀

shedboy71
10-10-2017, 06:53 PM
I'm no happy clapper but give credit when it's due no great fan of Allardice just felt he improved from the last time I saw him ��

Aye true he did play better and its a positive amongst my fellow game attendees i was only one to pick fault.

Miserable bstard that I am ��

bobafett
11-10-2017, 03:25 PM
I think the laddie’s a cracking player. Great composure and always picks a pass. Not the quickest but, if played sitting in front of the back 4, that’s not a major issue. Might be if he’s played at centre-half regularly. He’s like a ginger Busquets! :)

SmedDUm
11-10-2017, 03:53 PM
He scored a brilliant 30 yard volley last night from midfield.
After doing well enough in central defence v Linfield.
I'm actually impressed with several of these guys having seen them twice in 4 days.

ahlltanyirhide
11-10-2017, 08:08 PM
He scored a brilliant 30 yard volley last night from midfield.
After doing well enough in central defence v Linfield.
I'm actually impressed with several of these guys having seen them twice in 4 days.

The future is bright
The future is Tangerine