PDA

View Full Version : Holt

Returnofrros
11-10-2017, 11:10 AM
If his place is under threat despite being in the best form since signing for us......does McCann look to deploy him elsewhere or is it just best man wins?

jdfc
11-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Does it work when you move a player out of position, look at recent Scotland matches with teirney

Basher Bloggs
12-10-2017, 08:29 AM
If his place is under threat despite being in the best form since signing for us......does McCann look to deploy him elsewhere or is it just best man wins?

Holt has been a mainstay in the team.Always gives 100%.Never pretends to be injured.
I can see him and Jon playing as a pair down the left side.Jon will probably be in then side if he committs beyond christmas.
The side is coming together with players waiting in the wings as good as the player in th team.
Over a season this will be a godsend.

ABERFELDYDEE
12-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Holt has been a mainstay in the team.Always gives 100%.Never pretends to be injured.
I can see him and Jon playing as a pair down the left side.Jon will probably be in then side if he committs beyond christmas.
The side is coming together with players waiting in the wings as good as the player in th team.
Over a season this will be a godsend.

No sure when hes tied up to but we should act sooner rather than later or we will end up with him being snapped up like McGinn was

Returnofrros
12-10-2017, 04:52 PM
No sure when hes tied up to but we should act sooner rather than later or we will end up with him being snapped up like McGinn was

Think Holt can sign pre contract with others in January.

Is be happy to have him sign an extension.

Still got improvement and more consistency in him and McCanns tactics seem to suit him.

Mrs brown
12-10-2017, 11:37 PM
Why has Spanish Jon become such hot property?

jdfc
13-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Why has Spanish Jon become such hot property?

He's a player, he's only here to get his career back on track, we should make the most of him, Dusan Virto springs to mind

Returnofrros
13-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Em never keen on players that are here for themselves especially if it's gonna **** off regulars that are playing pretty well.

If it means losing Holt to get this guys career back on track I'd rather he did it elsewhere.

If he is possibly signing for longer that's different.

We ain't some kind of 'rehab halfway house.

I wouldn't like Holt to be treated poorly.

ABERFELDYDEE
13-10-2017, 04:26 PM
He's a player, he's only here to get his career back on track, we should make the most of him, Dusan Virto springs to mind
No being picky here but plenty boys seem to be talking this boy up without seeing him
If hes the player abody says he is ,hows holt keeping him out

deecom
13-10-2017, 10:57 PM
No being picky here but plenty boys seem to be talking this boy up without seeing him
If hes the player abody says he is ,hows holt keeping him out
If your are a football manager , sentiment should not come into your selection,
You pick your best eleven, and I think mcann would not be afraid to do that.
as an example I expect Meekings to play at some stage tomorrow