PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news...

waalsendmick
13-10-2017, 08:16 AM
... Merino has been signed on a permanent deal!

just been tweeted by Rafa...

superb news!

ex_pat_magpie
13-10-2017, 08:19 AM
... Merino has been signed on a permanent deal!

just been tweeted by Rafa...

superb news!

Well that's a good start, lets hope it's the beginning of more good news.

waalsendmick
13-10-2017, 08:19 AM
5 year contract, confirmed by the club.

ghostrider
13-10-2017, 08:43 AM
Brilliant news. An excellent permanent signing.
80 million I'm told it's cost the club. I was told this by a lad I know who's name is Billy liar, so it's obviously true. ;D

sherwoodmag
13-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Read it on NUFC blog,fantastic news,I thought it would be January at the earliest.

ex_pat_magpie
13-10-2017, 09:37 AM
80 million I'm told it's cost the club. I was told this by a lad I know who's name is Billy liar, so it's obviously true. ;D

I'll bet we know his pseudonym. B)

Cannylad
13-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Friday the 13th was a lucky day for us. :)

toptoon
13-10-2017, 10:04 AM

Thatīs it proven. Ghost and Pboro are the same person.

TheOtherTerryMac
13-10-2017, 10:17 AM

Ghost is Wofie man along with his extensive aliases on here. Pboro has met Toon supporters at the match so can't be Wolfie as he is an armchair and never been to a live game.

toonviking
13-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Good news.😁

Best news since the day he signed the loan deal. 😛

Zippity
13-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Very good news. Only cost about Ģ9 million and if he keeps up this level of form then he'll be a snip...imagine if we sign a striker in January for a similar price who has a similar impact.

toptoon
13-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Ghost is Wofie man along with his extensive aliases on here. Pboro has met Toon supporters at the match so can't be Wolfie as he is an armchair and never been to a live game.

LOL aye I know.

I wonder if pboro cheers when we score?

ex_pat_magpie
13-10-2017, 03:12 PM

How is it that Ghostrider talks a lot more sense than Pboro then?

Geordie_Exile_De
13-10-2017, 04:44 PM
How is it that Ghostrider talks a lot more sense than Pboro then?

And how is it that you have to have a dig on a thread that has feck all to do with him?

Jammy89
13-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Very good news. Only cost about Ģ9 million and if he keeps up this level of form then he'll be a snip...imagine if we sign a striker in January for a similar price who has a similar impact.

That would be fantastic.

As it is what great news, hopefully that will give whole team a buzz for Sundays game.

ashingtoon62
13-10-2017, 07:33 PM

Imagine Fatpuss with his abacus oot,thinking how much profit he can make out of Merino in 18 months time...:blue:

Clicked on the article on the Ronnie website..."Merino signs permanent,heres all the details"
It said he has signed for 5 years...that was f u c king it....Tw@ts....:mad:

waalsendmick
13-10-2017, 09:25 PM
i wonder if they're buying him now, b4 we get lumbered with a transfer embargo?

Jammy89
13-10-2017, 09:43 PM
i wonder if they're buying him now, b4 we get lumbered with a transfer embargo?

I'd of thought he'd of been out of it?

The deal was all done before hand.

HughieG
14-10-2017, 01:31 AM
I'd of thought he'd of been out of it?

The deal was all done before hand.

Not the deal to make it permanent though?

It's a great signing for us. He'll do well under Rafa.

ex_pat_magpie
14-10-2017, 06:37 AM
And how is it that you have to have a dig on a thread that has feck all to do with him?

But some posters talk more sense than others.It's just a fact. You yourself talk a lot more sense than most on here.

It's just a relative situation.

Jammy89
14-10-2017, 07:06 AM
Not the deal to make it permanent though?

It's a great signing for us. He'll do well under Rafa.

The deal to make it permanent was in the original deal though.

toptoon
14-10-2017, 09:53 AM
This signing shows how we are moving forwards with Rafa. How many times in the past would we have messed about with this causing unrest with the player and supporters. Heīs a good player, heīs settled in well and has potential - no brainer, sign him up and job done. Next.

ex_pat_magpie
14-10-2017, 10:02 AM
This signing shows how we are moving forwards with Rafa. How many times in the past would we have messed about with this causing unrest with the player and supporters. Heīs a good player, heīs settled in well and has potential - no brainer, sign him up and job done. Next.

This. A couple or three deals like that in January if possible and we would have a really decent squad.

HughieG
14-10-2017, 11:18 AM
The deal to make it permanent was in the original deal though.

Sure, but if we were under an embargo his deal would be a loan deal and we wouldn't be able to make it permanent. So he'd return to Dortmund at the end of the season.

waalsendmick
14-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Sure, but if we were under an embargo his deal would be a loan deal and we wouldn't be able to make it permanent. So he'd return to Dortmund at the end of the season.

this being the point I was questioning

Jammy89
15-10-2017, 03:54 PM

Yes it was a loan deal but even if it was embargoed we had a contract with Dortmund to buy him. Would an embargo block a previous contract.

Either way, we've got him now at least so if we do get embargoed at least we don't lose him.