PDA

View Full Version : Jotters. Now!

JamesMcClean
14-10-2017, 03:46 PM
I'm on holiday at the moment yet even by reading text updates you just know it's utter schiete. To me today should be a sackable event. We can't go on like this.

dundeeunitedfc83
14-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Off you pop McKinnon his away record will NEVER get us promoted

arab_plumber
14-10-2017, 04:10 PM
Should have been sacked in the summer he's never ever looked the part or entertained us with attacking football

Should never have been given the job in the first place either but when you've got a complete ****er in charge what can we expect

shedka
14-10-2017, 04:11 PM
Not a surprise score, Livi a very competent side under Hopkin so far, i felt less confident about this than Dunfermline away, disappointing though as we should have known to expect a direct team playing a 3-5-2 and a difficult team to break down, yet we lose the early goal

Looks like we didn't manage to create much, looks like the two week gap didn't help much

League will be like this all season though , up and down with a few teams in the mix at the end, Livi will be there or thereabouts too

shedka
14-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Should have been sacked in the summer he's never ever looked the part or entertained us with attacking football

Should never have been given the job in the first place either but when you've got a complete ****er in charge what can we expect

Like a snake slithering out under a rock to spit venom, why no posts after the last league games?

arab_plumber
14-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Not a surprise score, Livi a very competent side under Hopkin so far, i felt less confident about this than Dunfermline away, disappointing though as we should have known to expect a direct team playing a 3-5-2 and a difficult team to break down, yet we lose the early goal

Looks like we didn't manage to create much, looks like the two week gap didn't help much

League will be like this all season though , up and down with a few teams in the mix at the end, Livi will be there or thereabouts too

Pathetic attempt to give a terrible manager excuses.....its phuckin Livingston FFS

Seriously if you can't beat livi or Dumbarton how can you expect him to cope in the SPL on the chance in a million we get up?

He's out his depth there's no debate on this matter......reply with any smart arse comments all you want but you know im right as per

deebuster
14-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Our away record over the last two seasons is keech.

Hands up who think we will beat Dumbarton away.

Our home record is ok,but we need to ne making statements of intent not excuses.

Go now Ray

pertharab
14-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Pathetic attempt to give a terrible manager excuses.....its phuckin Livingston FFS

Seriously if you can't beat livi or Dumbarton how can you expect him to cope in the SPL on the chance in a million we get up?

He's out his depth there's no debate on this matter......reply with any smart arse comments all you want but you know im right as per

Exactly ArabPlumber he should go now. Today was only the latest let down. As for Shedka he lives on a different planet. How anyone can write off todays performance as to be expected in this league is off the mark. We are DUNDEE UNITED ffs we should be far better than losing to Livingston. Only hope of promotion is to get shot of McKinnon now and give his successor time to make a difference not farting about until the end of the year when it will likely be too late.

the_arab
14-10-2017, 04:56 PM
League will be like this all season though , up and down with a few teams in the mix at the end

You think that's acceptable!?

Unfortunately too many Utd fans have now accepted we are a run of the mill championship club who will be "in the mix". We should be doing far better than we are, the only "mix" there should be is for the play off spots behind us.

Get Ray away to F!

Sutherland Arab
14-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Ah the sweet taste of defeat to the mighty Livi lions, managed by plug off the Bash Street Kids. Bet it was scintillating football that we just couldn't cope with.
Were Livi not another of the administration mob?
That's the way to go, Motherwell 4th in Prem, Dundee, Hearts in Prem, Sevco back to their winning ways, the sectarian songs belting out.
Get rid of McKinnon, Thompson, youth team, St Andrews the phucking lot and let's enjoy the inevitable.
So utterly fed up of these pathetic defeats.

ootdoor
14-10-2017, 05:07 PM
After Dunfermline . What happened to World Beater FC???

arab_plumber
14-10-2017, 05:13 PM
Ah the sweet taste of defeat to the mighty Livi lions, managed by plug off the Bash Street Kids. Bet it was scintillating football that we just couldn't cope with.
Were Livi not another of the administration mob?
That's the way to go, Motherwell 4th in Prem, Dundee, Hearts in Prem, Sevco back to their winning ways, the sectarian songs belting out.
Get rid of McKinnon, Thompson, youth team, St Andrews the phucking lot and let's enjoy the inevitable.
So utterly fed up of these pathetic defeats.

Sadly these pathetic defeats are far too easily accepted from the chairman and a small section of back the manager no matter what fans like shedka smeddum etc

I will never accept dundee united losing to Dumbarton Livingston etc if you accept these ridiculous results you may as well accept not getting promoted again

Charlie arab
14-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Just hame , that today is totally unacceptable, on a par with the st.mirren game, bullied all over the park and created **** all, the manager is way out his depth I'm afraid. ****in seek tonight!

psych
14-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Too many of these toothless performances. Even when we win we are uninspiring. There is just no chance of us being promoted under McKinnon.

Basher Bloggs
14-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Just hame , that today is totally unacceptable, on a par with the st.mirren game, bullied all over the park and created **** all, the manager is way out his depth I'm afraid. ****in seek tonight!
Thats no use Charlie.Dont like seeing you upset as i think you are one of the good guys on here.
But truth is you support utter Shyte.:D

By the way.You can console yourself knowing that you are top 5 club:D

Charlie arab
14-10-2017, 06:16 PM
**** off basher , no in the mood tonight😑

Basher Bloggs
14-10-2017, 06:18 PM
**** off basher , no in the mood tonight��

What was the performance like Charlie.?
Ive been there.Its awful losing to the dross when you have been a decent side.
Did it for years.

Charlie arab
14-10-2017, 06:24 PM
The performance was worse than ****e, I'm away to cheer myself up with a curry and a few tins😐

Basher Bloggs
14-10-2017, 06:25 PM
The performance was worse than ****e, I'm away to cheer myself up with a curry and a few tins��

Good lad.Enjoy

duke_the_arab
14-10-2017, 06:26 PM

Ye up and down teams will be the likes of Morton, QOS , Livi , Dunfermline and Ourselves and will ultimately lose the playoff final again. Meanwhile St Mirren will romp away with the league. That's what will happen Shedka.
That was absolute schite again today . Bullied all over the park again . We are under performing team being coached by a schite manager.

edinarab
14-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Livingston were pish, fully deserved their win though

borderarab
14-10-2017, 07:13 PM
1 (ONE) shot on target today, phuck that.

LSArab
14-10-2017, 07:29 PM
Next 3 matches are absolutely massive.

ICT at home, Dumbarton away and then St Mirren at home.

9 points from that and we will be fine. Less than that and we are likely still behind saints and in trouble.

There is a 2 week gap after saints to next league match. I would at least let Ray take on these next 3 matches and then see where we are.

The home matches against rivals are still to come. But then can we beat weaker sides away.

I’d give Ray next 3 but I am starting to think only way we will win league is if there is a change.

ianharab
14-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Can and should go now , I take it Shedka didn't witness that embarrassment today , sadly i did , if anyone thinks that defeat is acceptable at places like Livingstone we are well ****ed , Ray is out of his depth , if he is being tactically outdone in this league I shudder to think how he would cope against Rodgers , McKinnis , Wright ,Lennon etc it's no longer a case of can we afford to pay him off its now can we afford not to

Chick A Saw
14-10-2017, 08:12 PM
I am really sorry to have put other members of my family through that today. However, im not so sure when all the facts are considered that the result is that much of a surprise.

Dont get me wrong about Ray though as he must have read the notes from whoever watches the opposition and seen the way they set up. I read the way they lined up as 3-6-1 and they were well drilled in how to play against us.

Dont know what went wrong with Briels today though whether it was injury, illness or justifiably just wanted to kick his opponent off the park. It was a good decision to take him off, but im not so sure Stanton was the right replacement. Second half i thought King was just starting to get into the game, then was hooked for N'Koyi who i really wonder about.

Sandeman
14-10-2017, 08:12 PM
That was utterly terrible. Reminded me of the Falkirk game, except that Falkirk were just as bad as us that day- hence the 0-0.

While Ray is looking less convincing the further we progress with him, the players also looked way off today with their passing and decision making. I can't see how that can be his fault.

What was his fault is surely the instruction to/lack of instruction to desist with the ****ing long balls to our midget strikers and their giant defenders. Glaring

scoobydufc
14-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Performances like today are unacceptable,United are turning up and waiting for things to happen as they seem to think its their right for other teams to stand back and give them respect but Ray youve got to give yourself and your team a good shake ,
Whatever you are saying to your players its not motivational and the tactical negativity displayed on the park is demoralising for the supporters who are paying good , hard earned cash to go
through the turnstiles
Mr MCKINNON WALK NOW

arab81
14-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Anybody here defending that clown wasn't there today! Absolutely f*cking embarrassing!. Plus had the hard neck to say we were caught with 2 sucker punches!!!! You for real Ray?! Just go now! 2 away wins in last 15. Pathetic.

CarlisleArab
14-10-2017, 10:05 PM
I’m at a loss after watching that sh1te today. When we persisted in playing 1 up front we are great at isolating the sole striker, but feck me we seemed to isolate the 2 up front today with our usual panic passing along the back followed by a hoof ball. Then we seemed to start the second half with 1 up front FFS we were getting beat. Second half at one stage we seemed to have 2 left backs, King & Robson. Come to think of it I’m not sure where King thought he was playing??? Keatings was playing too deep as was Fyvie. 1 shot on target (and a poor one at that) made it awful viewing AGAIN!

shedka
14-10-2017, 10:32 PM
No manager is going to come in and make these type of games become easy or comfortable for us, it's not going to happen, it's a tight league, it's going to have up and downs all the way

This nonsense after every defeat is just toys out the pram bairny shyte, it's pathetic

In three weeks we might be top, and this place would be dead like the last three weeks

huntedbyafreak
14-10-2017, 11:06 PM
No manager is going to come in and make these type of games become easy or comfortable for us, it's not going to happen, it's a tight league, it's going to have up and downs all the way

This nonsense after every defeat is just toys out the pram bairny shyte, it's pathetic

In three weeks we might be top, and this place would be dead like the last three weeks

You’re right. In 3 weeks we might be top. Do you think we’d will be though?

arab_plumber
14-10-2017, 11:30 PM

The amount of defeats are unbelievable as is the fact youre defending this clown he's making this way harder than it should be!!

And you can ram the tight league sh1te right up your arse this league should be a breeze with Hibs gone and ICT having a nightmare as are Falkirk

Cannot believe some of the pish spouted on here trying to justify getting horsed at every away game

arab81
15-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Livingston were/are brutal!!! No a football player in that team, but as usual we were easily bullied all over the park.
His away form in this division will not get us promoted. Wake up happy clappers.

psych
15-10-2017, 07:55 AM

I can take playing in a tight league, losing games here and there. What is unacceptable is the performances. Our football has been consistently brutal since McKinnon took over and I include our winning games. There are no signs whatsoever of things changing. Do you honestly think we will win this league (we should having the largest budget) under the current regime? Hope rather expectation is the driver but cant really see it happening. Another season in this league and we will be left further downsizing and crowds dwindling. We need to change this before it is too late.

ianharab
15-10-2017, 08:05 AM
No one is saying a new man will make games easier but we might just start winning them tho , 2 wins in 15 away is not good enough , more worrying is he is being tactically out thought as I have said , if that happens in this league we would well ****ed in the SPL

ootdoor
15-10-2017, 08:18 AM
No need to worry about your away form.

Dumbarton is your next game away, you have a good record there.

In Raymond we trust!

RAM1971
15-10-2017, 08:35 AM
No need to worry about your away form.

Dumbarton is your next game away, you have a good record there.

In Raymond we trust!

Our record there is certainly consistent.

edinarab
15-10-2017, 08:55 AM
The worrying thing for me is that was our strongest team playing yesterday against a poor Livingston side and we did not have a clue how to break them down

NOSCOTCAPS
15-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Anybody here defending that clown wasn't there today! Absolutely f*cking embarrassing!. Plus had the hard neck to say we were caught with 2 sucker punches!!!! You for real Ray?! Just go now! 2 away wins in last 15. Pathetic.

Wasn't there but sounds terrible. Quotes from the WGS school of quotations. Like th SFA 4231 is the only formation to play! Not good enough. We beat the side flying high a couple of weeks ago and then get beaten by a side, arguably playing well, but still below us. Definitely something wrong!

RAM1971
15-10-2017, 09:26 AM
I wasn't at the Livi game yesterday. I decided to go to Starks' Park to watch Raith Rovers v Heart of Arbroath. It wasn't the greatest game to watch, but in footballing terms, both teams produced far better football than I have witnessed from United over the last three seasons. If these teams can do it, why can't United?

JelloBiafra
15-10-2017, 09:29 AM
This is now so far beyond the pale. Last 3 away games I and the loyal 900 to 1400 have been at (missed the day out at Pars) have been up there amongst the worst dozen shows I have seen. Could easily have lost SIX at Paisley and 4 yesterday. We have again a team without a heart. If you add Brechin and Dumbarton.at at home that is five utter shockers out of 9. Not good enough unless we want a 7 or 17 year jolly.. we will be dead by the end of that.

Anyone that wasn't at those 3 games has no idea how awful we are playing. The Dunfermline game looks like the blip.

Time to change quickly before St Mirren are over the hills and far away. Based on how he set up yesterday to batter us I would take Hopkin.

CarlisleArab
15-10-2017, 10:22 AM
Don’t know about Hopkin, but as time goes on I find myself in the A..B.R (Anyone But Ray) mindset. I cannot believe how many brutal performances, especially away from home that I have witnessed over the last 2 seasons. Another waste of £20 + petrol money yesterday.

The reaction of the fans at the final whistle (I must admit I didn’t boo, but can understand why so many did) must have left Ray & the players in no doubt that the fans are totally p1ssed off.

I find I have now got 2 options:-
1) continue to waste significant money following players who don’t seem to have the same passion as me or
2) stay away until Ray has gone

Looks like option 2 is the winner

darrenshedtastic
15-10-2017, 10:33 AM
these performances are pathetic! just when we look like we turned the corner with a good result away to dunfermline, we then back it up with a sort of performance i wouldnt expect from an under9s team. Bullied by a team who wanted it more than us and who didnt care about playing football and just worked hard on and off the ball. Yet we persisted of playing it out around the back or punting it to two small strikers up against massive solid CB's. there was a small spell in the 2nd half where we started to play abit and get into decent positions but then we crumbled with their 1st attempt on target in the 2nd half. no one gets pass marks for that performance.

Ray is under serious pressure now. his decisions are baffling. why did briels go off?? why take king off who was atleast working hard while leaving lazy mcmullan who done nothing all game? anyone who knew anything about livi knows they play an aggressive game with a very physical team. so why did we look like we had no clue they were going to be like that? did we not watch them before? beyond a joke. Ive been given Ray the benefit of the doubt alot but even im starting to get fed up of it.

look forward to next week when Col Donaldson comes back and becomes Maldini and no doubt scores

pertharab
15-10-2017, 10:41 AM
I can't make away games (truthfully I can't afford it) so i've only seen the home games and missed all the dross away (dross i.e. apart from the Dunfermline game). What worries me as much as the poor away form is that we have been lousy at home as well, scraping wins/winning 'ugly' as they say. The football has been appalling! There has hardly been a time this season that I have felt we look like a side expecting or able to attain promotion. My own feeling is that a reasonably good squad of players has been assembled, certainly it should be good enough to win this league which is probably at it's poorest standard for a number of years. If I am right then it has to be down to McKinnon and his team. They seem clueless in team formations and especially clueless as to how to turn a game around when down. Like most true United supporters I won't go down the route of staying away but I must admit it has crossed my mind. The simple move of getting rid of the management team would I think boost the fans as I am now in the 'anyone but' McKinnon camp.

For any sake Ray do us all a favour and walk!!!

Chick A Saw
15-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Livingston were/are brutal!!! No a football player in that team, but as usual we were easily bullied all over the park.
His away form in this division will not get us promoted. Wake up happy clappers.

I dont agree about no a football player in their team as their second goal was a fantastic move that had our top team standing watching! The trouble is, the questions that Livi asked of us yesterday could not be answered on the pitch, and definitely not from the bench!

The more i think about it, the more i would like to see McIntyre and Dodds, but i also have other nagging doubts!

CarlisleArab
15-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Just listening to Skippy & Gary Naismith on radio. Interesting listening. Skippy “we just can’t find the right formation” & Gary “with the attacking team Utd have got, can’t believe they’ve only scored 10 goals” Common denominator- a clueless manager in charge?

spikeontheright
15-10-2017, 12:03 PM
The most worrying thing for me yesterday was the lack of ability of our players. The only player that could control the ball like a professional footballer was Scott MacDonald. The lack of composure throughout the team is unbelievable for men whose full time job is football.

The manager is equally as bad in respect to what his job is. It's like Jackie all over again - no tactics, just throw a team on the park and think you'll win because you have better player. It didn't work with Jackie when we actually did have better players so it won't work with that bunch of soft as scheidt amateurs.

Charlie arab
15-10-2017, 12:35 PM
The most worrying thing for me yesterday was the lack of ability of our players. The only player that could control the ball like a professional footballer was Scott MacDonald. The lack of composure throughout the team is unbelievable for men whose full time job is football.

The manager is equally as bad in respect to what his job is. It's like Jackie all over again - no tactics, just throw a team on the park and think you'll win because you have better player. It didn't work with Jackie when we actually did have better players so it won't work with that bunch of soft as scheidt amateurs.

Nail on the head spike

bawbagg
15-10-2017, 12:53 PM
one thing ive come to realise is that he was right about the players not being match sharp or fit. however that is a reflection on him as a manager and nobody else. what the **** do they actually do in training? because it clearly isnt anything tactical and anything theyre doing for fitness isnt nearly enough. he has to go if were to have any chance of promotion.

RAM1971
15-10-2017, 12:54 PM
It appears the Dunfermline game is proof that one swallow does not make a summer!

ahlltanyirhide
15-10-2017, 12:59 PM
It appears the Dunfermline game is proof that one swallow does not make a summer!

Was driving down from the Highlands last week and saw a flock of swallows and it was overcast

RAM1971
15-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Was driving down from the Highlands last week and saw a flock of swallows and it was overcast

Were they African or European swallows?

ahlltanyirhide
15-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Were they African or European swallows?

They appeared to be quite dark, so my guess would be African

RAM1971
15-10-2017, 02:23 PM
They appeared to be quite dark, so my guess would be African

That will explain all the coconut halves I've seen lying around!

arab_plumber
15-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Until we putva team out on the pitch that is full of grit snd determination we will continue to not only get beaten away from home but humiliated like we have been more often than not on our travels.

The players lack the fear of facing a furious manager in the dressing room post match.

There is no way things will change anytime soon yesterday was arguably our best team and we got battered again.

Ray must go ASAP so we can sort out this mess before we fall miles behind.

RAM1971
15-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Undeniably Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician delivers yet again a sound prognosis of the state of Dundee United Football Team. However, it remains my strong belief that until the Thompson connection has been exorcised from our Club, our slide towards oblivion will continue.

PortugueseFrank
15-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Our home form is totally acceptable under Ray, albeit the football on show lacks entertainment value.

His away record has been and looks as if it will be our undoing again this season.

We need to find out just what the **** goes wrong with the team on the road. Something no right in that away record.

If Ray is to save his job he needs to find out what and sort it.

He and the players also need to work on our shots per minute ratio.

It’s diabolical. We need to create more chances.

Sort away form, create more chances and we’ve a shot.

JUSTaway
15-10-2017, 02:48 PM
I genuinely don't know what McKinnon's plan was when he built the squad in the summer. Last season we had no width or pace in midfield and height up top until he brought in Mickelson in the Jan window, but i gave him benefit of doubt because it was a big ask to turn around that squad in a few transfer windows.

But this season, he has built a team full of midgets, and wants us to play a passing style, with no plan B, so when we cant impose our game against the likes of St Mirren or Livi yesterday, there is no alternative. If you want to play out from the back then sign the players to play that game, get full backs who can bomb forward and take the ball out. Our right back situation sums it up. 40 Grand on Toshney, and Two midfielders, signed as midfielders, then re-signed in the summer when they should have been moved on, and missing out on the opportunity to bring in one decent right back. Scobbie is ok cover at centre half but lacks pace to get forward from left back. Quinn is fine as cover for right footed centre half position but woeful playing on the left when he can only use his right foot. Edge and Durnan I think are fine in this league, esp if we had outlets at full back.

Any team that scouts us can see if you keep your shape then we will try and pass it through you, which is extremley hard through two banks of 4, and to press us all over the park and high up the park esp where our defenders arent good enough on the ball and force us to hump it, but it just comes back because we have no height to make it stick up front. We are relying on scoring our goals by passing through the opposition, what are the chances of our team esp in this league maintaining possesion for 7-8 passes (and dont mean across the back) and making a chance? Direct doesnt have to be punting it (attacking full backs for example can take a team 60 yards up the pitch), but when we move it about it just allows the opposition to get two banks of four behind the ball. It aint rocket science.

The biggest criteria for our signings seem to have been they were available and known because they were local.

Hooking King after 25 mins and putting Keetings wide and Nkoyi up front would have been a proper tactical change, Stanton for injured Briels (who must give away 6-7 needless fouls a match) is not changing the shape/tactics of the team.

GingerPetric
15-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Our right back situation sums it up. 40 Grand on Toshney, and Two midfielders, signed as midfielders, then re-signed in the summer when they should have been moved on, and missing out on the opportunity to bring in one decent right back.

Sums it up pretty well....depressing as f uck

LSArab
15-10-2017, 05:55 PM
I genuinely don't know what McKinnon's plan was when he built the squad in the summer. Last season we had no width or pace in midfield and height up top until he brought in Mickelson in the Jan window, but i gave him benefit of doubt because it was a big ask to turn around that squad in a few transfer windows.

But this season, he has built a team full of midgets, and wants us to play a passing style, with no plan B, so when we cant impose our game against the likes of St Mirren or Livi yesterday, there is no alternative. If you want to play out from the back then sign the players to play that game, get full backs who can bomb forward and take the ball out. Our right back situation sums it up. 40 Grand on Toshney, and Two midfielders, signed as midfielders, then re-signed in the summer when they should have been moved on, and missing out on the opportunity to bring in one decent right back. Scobbie is ok cover at centre half but lacks pace to get forward from left back. Quinn is fine as cover for right footed centre half position but woeful playing on the left when he can only use his right foot. Edge and Durnan I think are fine in this league, esp if we had outlets at full back.

Any team that scouts us can see if you keep your shape then we will try and pass it through you, which is extremley hard through two banks of 4, and to press us all over the park and high up the park esp where our defenders arent good enough on the ball and force us to hump it, but it just comes back because we have no height to make it stick up front. We are relying on scoring our goals by passing through the opposition, what are the chances of our team esp in this league maintaining possesion for 7-8 passes (and dont mean across the back) and making a chance? Direct doesnt have to be punting it (attacking full backs for example can take a team 60 yards up the pitch), but when we move it about it just allows the opposition to get two banks of four behind the ball. It aint rocket science.

The biggest criteria for our signings seem to have been they were available and known because they were local.

Hooking King after 25 mins and putting Keetings wide and Nkoyi up front would have been a proper tactical change, Stanton for injured Briels (who must give away 6-7 needless fouls a match) is not changing the shape/tactics of the team.

Excellent analysis.

So should we be playing a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3 with the wing backs bombing on.

Sounds a much more exciting promise then the Largs 4-2-3-1!

Things have got to change

darrenshedtastic
15-10-2017, 06:45 PM
tbf we havent played 4231 in recent games. (since falkirk game) maybe changed players at some points to make it a 4231 but yesterday we were woeful with 442 then second half we played 4231 with keatings out on the left and although we werent great we were slightly better than the 1st half showing!

huntedbyafreak
15-10-2017, 07:37 PM
This is now so far beyond the pale. Last 3 away games I and the loyal 900 to 1400 have been at (missed the day out at Pars) have been up there amongst the worst dozen shows I have seen. Could easily have lost SIX at Paisley and 4 yesterday. We have again a team without a heart. If you add Brechin and Dumbarton.at at home that is five utter shockers out of 9. Not good enough unless we want a 7 or 17 year jolly.. we will be dead by the end of that.

Anyone that wasn't at those 3 games has no idea how awful we are playing. The Dunfermline game looks like the blip.

Time to change quickly before St Mirren are over the hills and far away. Based on how he set up yesterday to batter us I would take Hopkin.

The Brechin, St Mirren and Dumbarton games are the worst 3 league games in a row I’ve ever witnessed I never my 35 years watching United

shedka
15-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Morton and Dunfermline were acceptable as was QotS, certainly in this division

Brechin was awful but 3 pts so not too fussed, Dumbarton was awful, self inflicted with early comedy gift of a goal, unacceptable performance and dropped pts, St Mirren unacceptable

Performances or style aren't that big a deal, not in this division, we need to be harder to beat away from home (we evidently are at Tannadice with one defeat in 35), like Hibs last season (albeit they had a huge budget for this division and continuity for three years), they were brutal to watch by all accounts and drew almost half their games, doesn't matter they got promotion

deebuster
15-10-2017, 09:25 PM
We wont get promoted as things stand

offshore_arab83
16-10-2017, 02:48 AM

This is one of the most sensible posts I've ever seen on here to be honest.

the_arab
16-10-2017, 07:58 AM
for those who are not yet sure/think we should wait a while longer..... how long would it take? He has had over 70 games in charge, surely that's long enough to have a team looking capable of winning this league. I think we have waited long enough

GingerPetric
16-10-2017, 08:44 AM
Good point made regarding the next three games then a wee break. Make or break time for Ray.

We need to be knocking out decent results and performances but is it likely?

4 or less points from 9 and he's got to go.

two games at home should take care of themselves, especially St Mirren as that will be our "big" home game this season.

Ray and the players need to show some Troy Deeney style cojones and get some results, and performances that make the fans see some heart and desire.

RazzP83
16-10-2017, 08:57 AM
The problem with Mckinnon is and always has been is we are murder to watch. Take away McMullan start of season (seems to have nose dived dramatically) and Andreu at times, we are deplorable to watch. When winning fans can condone it, but losing and playing like that at the level we are now at is unacceptable.

Inherited many problems but effectively has been a failure.

Relegated us (Excuses I know but he will be known as manager in charge when we were relegated)
Finished 3rd in 2nd tier (Hibs expected to win league but no way should be 3rd)
Failed in play offs (Think we played well for 2 halves of the 6 games).
Now we look like wilting this season in a league with a rotten Falkirk & ICT not even challenging.

He has also been backed to the hilt from baldy IMO when it comes to transfers. Thompson a cretin but cannot say he hasn't backed him.McKinnon needs to go, been saying it for about a year now.

Tannadicebunnet
16-10-2017, 09:24 AM
The problem with Mckinnon is and always has been is we are murder to watch. Take away McMullan start of season (seems to have nose dived dramatically) and Andreu at times, we are deplorable to watch. When winning fans can condone it, but losing and playing like that at the level we are now at is unacceptable.

Inherited many problems but effectively has been a failure.

Relegated us (Excuses I know but he will be known as manager in charge when we were relegated)
Finished 3rd in 2nd tier (Hibs expected to win league but no way should be 3rd)
Failed in play offs (Think we played well for 2 halves of the 6 games).
Now we look like wilting this season in a league with a rotten Falkirk & ICT not even challenging.

He has also been backed to the hilt from baldy IMO when it comes to transfers. Thompson a cretin but cannot say he hasn't backed him.McKinnon needs to go, been saying it for about a year now.

Absolutely bang on with your assessment Razzp83. Thompson hasn't been the problem this season , this is all down to McKinnon. Flood, Murdoch , N'koyi and King are stealing a wage. Durnan and Edgenguele been dire, Robson hasn't improved a bit under McKinnon. Fyvie inconsistent.

Truth of the matter has there been even one player that has improved under McKinnon - the answer is no. Players are in decline under his leadership

RAM1971
16-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Bad as things are under Ray's leadership, I really dread his departure if ST is still in charge. I have absolutely no confidence that a ST replacement would give us one ounce of improvement.

shedka
16-10-2017, 10:20 AM
So Tannadicebunnet thinks razz is spot on, yet razz thinks McKinnon relegated us despite managing Raith at the time in a different division

That's why it's hard to take this place serious

This obsession about the style of football as if the rest of Scottish football are playing good stuff, it's meaningless in this division, away form must improve if we are to get promotion, style of play though I'm really not fussed, will worry about that if we ever get back to where Levein,Houston and McNamara (pre feb 2015) had us

tHeArAb
16-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Bad as things are under Ray's leadership, I really dread his departure if ST is still in charge. I have absolutely no confidence that a ST replacement would give us one ounce of improvement.

It wouldn't and that is the problem with getting rid of ANOTHER manager under Thompson's reign. He'll go for another cheap up n coming option who doesn't have what it takes to rip our club apart and start again from bottom up like Levein did.

tHeArAb
16-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Absolutely bang on with your assessment Razzp83. Thompson hasn't been the problem this season , this is all down to McKinnon. Flood, Murdoch , N'koyi and King are stealing a wage. Durnan and Edgenguele been dire, Robson hasn't improved a bit under McKinnon. Fyvie inconsistent.

Truth of the matter has there been even one player that has improved under McKinnon - the answer is no. Players are in decline under his leadership

Thompson IS the problem. It's his ****e recruitment that got us here in the first place. McKinnon is only doing his best, which isn't good enough. If Thompson had brought in the right manager this time, last time and the time before that, we wouldn't be where we are. FACT.

Tannadicebunnet
16-10-2017, 10:38 AM
@shedka of course Ray never got us relegated but everything else razz said is hard to disagree with. The majority of united fans and pundits thought the appointment of McKinnon would be correct choice . oh how wrong we were. The fans that are still backing McKinnon are probably the same fans that had faith in mixu to keep us up even though he was clearly abysmal . time for McKinnon to go now , the players clearly don't buy into his tactics, look unfit, and disinterested. Maybe McKinnon is just too nice a guy for the job

ahlltanyirhide
16-10-2017, 12:01 PM
@shedka of course Ray never got us relegated but everything else razz said is hard to disagree with. The majority of united fans and pundits thought the appointment of McKinnon would be correct choice . oh how wrong we were. The fans that are still backing McKinnon are probably the same fans that had faith in mixu to keep us up even though he was clearly abysmal . time for McKinnon to go now , the players clearly don't buy into his tactics, look unfit, and disinterested. Maybe McKinnon is just too nice a guy for the job

Have to agree with the McKinnon must go bit. In any business where the managers ideas are obviously not working, you will witness a disinterested workforce who will appear sluggish and bored oot their nappers, especially when the manager keeps pressing his bad ideas forward. Haven't yet seen a 'nice guy' being successful in football.

Ray McKinnon yir tea's oot >:(

shedka
16-10-2017, 01:37 PM

I still think it's a bit knee jerk this season to be changing manager, especially with our finances, changing manager will not get us promoted this season, will cause upheaval at a bad time when we have seen little signs that there is a team there that can compete v Morton and Dunfermline, the 2 week break probably came at the wrong time for us, the home form is good enough, a little improvement on current away form this season will see us in the hunt for first, it's going to be tight all the way with ups and downs

And no, I was one of the main people saying Mixu would be a disaster appointment and that we'd be better sticking with McNamara unless we were going to replace him with better, we wouldn't have gone down in that scenario as far as I'm concerned.

RazzP83
16-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Major mind f*ck on the relegation statement! Ray's inept ways have got me mixing him up with the previous dud!

Anyway, hard to believe anyone connected with United is wishing McKinnon was still in the job. Away record is a disgrace and he is boring fans to tears.

I cant see baldy sacking him anytime soon, that's the worrying thing.

MagicMugs
16-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Major mind f*ck on the relegation statement! Ray's inept ways have got me mixing him up with the previous dud!

Anyway, hard to believe anyone connected with United is wishing McKinnon was still in the job. Away record is a disgrace and he is boring fans to tears.

I cant see baldy sacking him anytime soon, that's the worrying thing.

I gave up on McKinnon making it after the Dumbarton game where Keatings scored late on to save our blushes after the WORST performance I have ever seen from a Utd team in my 38years.

My dad is now the same after Livingston and we cant stomach watching such poor football away from home anymore so it's just home games on our season tickets now unless something drastic changes.

It surely can't get worse can it? (Admin isn't a solution and wont happen as ST wont get any money then), will use the money I save from stopping going to away games and use that for a Euromillions ticket and see if I can get a winner then buy ST out!

ianharab
16-10-2017, 03:57 PM
It's not just this season , performances last season were as bad and things are not improving and to be honest , there is no sign of things getting better with him as manager , fwiw I said at the time it was the wrong appointment , we need to get away from ex players who have come through our system as boss it has never worked and a bit of due diligence from badly would have shown him that

arab_plumber
16-10-2017, 03:58 PM
I still think it's a bit knee jerk this season to be changing manager, especially with our finances, changing manager will not get us promoted this season, will cause upheaval at a bad time when we have seen little signs that there is a team there that can compete v Morton and Dunfermline, the 2 week break probably came at the wrong time for us, the home form is good enough, a little improvement on current away form this season will see us in the hunt for first, it's going to be tight all the way with ups and downs

And no, I was one of the main people saying Mixu would be a disaster appointment and that we'd be better sticking with McNamara unless we were going to replace him with better, we wouldn't have gone down in that scenario as far as I'm concerned.

Hahahaha more Shedka fantasy.....if we sacked RM this week the new manager would have 3/4 of the season to turn it around lol that's absolutely bags of time.

The 2 week break excuse is more fantasy, we have never ever played well as a team under RM we've never dominated teams over a run if games all we've managed are sporadic wins playing well here and there and ill say it again you cannot win championships scrapping wins all over the place you need to actually play well for long periods with the odd stumbles now and then.

He is absolutely one of the worst managers we've ever had and I really hope he gets punted before the month is out

3 away wins in 2017 in the championship is absolutely shocking and indefensible

MagicMugs
16-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Hahahaha more Shedka fantasy.....if we sacked RM this week the new manager would have 3/4 of the season to turn it around lol that's absolutely bags of time.

The 2 week break excuse is more fantasy, we have never ever played well as a team under RM we've never dominated teams over a run if games all we've managed are sporadic wins playing well here and there and ill say it again you cannot win championships scrapping wins all over the place you need to actually play well for long periods with the odd stumbles now and then.

He is absolutely one of the worst managers we've ever had and I really hope he gets punted before the month is out

We did play well, once....not remember that heady day in August last year we put 3 past Partick Thistle where Cammy Smith looked brilliant then it all went tits up for him and the team since, cant for the life of me remember any other truly good performances since.

arab_plumber
16-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Correct we were magnificent that night with Cammy Smith through the middle......he never played that role again

Classic Ray

offshore_arab83
16-10-2017, 06:55 PM
This obsession about the style of football as if the rest of Scottish football are playing good stuff, it's meaningless in this division, away form must improve if we are to get promotion, style of play though I'm really not fussed

I think the PATG supporters and the clubs money men would argue that Shedka...

offshore_arab83
16-10-2017, 07:00 PM

You say changing manager wont get us promoted but before that you mention finances, Shedka, if we dont get promoted this season we could end up closing the doors due to finances. This is serious sh1t here, we cant have ups and downs, we need out this sh1tey league ASAP. We shouldnt be in 'the hunt' for 1st, we should be romping the league with this team on paper.

Personally i'd take the gamble now.

offshore_arab83
16-10-2017, 07:01 PM

Agreed

offshore_arab83
16-10-2017, 07:04 PM
ill say it again you cannot win championships scrapping wins all over the place you need to actually play well for long periods with the odd stumbles now and then.

agree, we need to be dominating and scoring goals, no room for 'ups and downs' look at that season Hearts went up, they horsed everyone with a team of kids. Scraping wins wont win us the league as last season proved.

Defo the worst manager i've seen for the way we are set up and the way we play.

eastfifearabman
16-10-2017, 07:13 PM
agree, we need to be dominating and scoring goals, no room for 'ups and downs' look at that season Hearts went up, they horsed everyone with a team of kids. Scraping wins wont win us the league as last season proved.

Defo the worst manager i've seen for the way we are set up and the way we play.

Not often I agree with you guys over shedka, but Ray's time is up. We are so poor sometimes. Its not just the formation, our players are and have been lacking basic skills. Either due to to much pressure or not enjoying their football enough to relax. Either way its a managers thing to fix and he aint fixing anything, same week after week after week after week. There needs to be drastic change in managerial style, it aint coming from him so it has to come elsewhere. get rid asap

Sutherland Arab
16-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Lost a lot of respect for McKinnon after watching that ludicrous display against Dumbarton, he had the gall to patronise the supporters and claim we aren't happy unless we beat them 6-0.
That showed to me he is out of touch with us minions and is pig headed in the belief that his system will work.
Well the precious system does not work. It didn't work last season and it isn't working this season.
Does anyone believe we don't have the quality of squad to gain promotion?
I certainly do to the point we could realistically win the league with a few games to go.
But the folly of continually playing the same way with no Plan B, standing with your arms folded and then brushing off criticism with snidey remarks smacks of sheer arrogance.
Nobody is expecting us to just turn up and win, but that the team play with desire and try their best to adapt to circumstances in order to win the game.
But at the moment we are just throwing games away with pathetic performances, getting bullied by very average teams because Ray knows best and won't change.
Get well rid.

LSArab
16-10-2017, 09:06 PM
At least he will walk into another job with the fizzy pop cup win on his CV

Genuine concern is I do not know who we could get in to work with us and ST etc

JelloBiafra
16-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Lost a lot of respect for McKinnon after watching that ludicrous display against Dumbarton, he had the gall to patronise the supporters and claim we aren't happy unless we beat them 6-0.
That showed to me he is out of touch with us minions and is pig headed in the belief that his system will work.
But at the moment we are just throwing games away with pathetic performances, getting bullied by very average teams because Ray knows best and won't change.
Get well rid.

His comments re Saturday were worse - "hit by two sucker punches" when we had ONE shot on target and one decent chance for McDonald v Athletico Livingston CF and they should have scored at least four.

If we need to find £ to get rid now, I pledge £50.

God knows who we get in though, McDonald player/manager as the affordable option with presumably good contacts?
Cathro? Danny Lennon? David Hopkin?
But Ray needs to be booted now. As we've said the last 3 times since Houston, it cant be any worse....oh yes it has been. Surely not this time.

arab_plumber
16-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Well the precious system does not work. It didn't work last season and it isn't working this season.
Does anyone believe we don't have the quality of squad to gain promotion?
I certainly do to the point we could realistically win the league with a few games to go.
But the folly of continually playing the same way with no Plan B, standing with your arms folded and then brushing off criticism with snidey remarks smacks of sheer arrogance.
Nobody is expecting us to just turn up and win, but that the team play with desire and try their best to adapt to circumstances in order to win the game.
Get well rid.

Against teams like Dumbarton Brechin etc if I was the manager I'd be sending them out to win each half 3-0 , our players seem to have tge same ethos as some on here that any sort of win will do.

We absolutely should be battering those teams from the off at Home

Sutherland Arab
16-10-2017, 10:02 PM
His comments re Saturday were worse - "hit by two sucker punches" when we had ONE shot on target and one decent chance for McDonald v Athletico Livingston CF and they should have scored at least four.

If we need to find £ to get rid now, I pledge £50.

God knows who we get in though, McDonald player/manager as the affordable option with presumably good contacts?
Cathro? Danny Lennon? David Hopkin?
But Ray needs to be booted now. As we've said the last 3 times since Houston, it cant be any worse....oh yes it has been. Surely not this time.

Last season was willing to cut him some slack as he had a massive job galvanising the squad and the fact a bigger club in Hibs were in the league, bigger budget and a couple of years more experience.
This season is very much his work. We have better players and two of our main challengers are struggling yet we are 4th after the first quarter.
The longer it goes on the more it appears we are just accepting it. He looks a beaten man in my opinion and I have no faith in him guiding us to the Premier.

Sutherland Arab
16-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Against teams like Dumbarton Brechin etc if I was the manager I'd be sending them out to win each half 3-0 , our players seem to have tge same ethos as some on here that any sort of win will do.

We absolutely should be battering those teams from the off at Home

But remember we weren't bang at it for those two games.
Next time we should be battering these teams, winning comfortably or at the very least taking the game to them?
McKinnon will be looking into his book of excuses for those games, if he still is in the job of course.

Chick A Saw
16-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Correct we were magnificent that night with Cammy Smith through the middle......he never played that role again

Classic Ray

But im told it was 20 minutes of brilliance with the rest the same drivel we see week in week out!

psych
17-10-2017, 07:04 AM
For a glancing second I thought McKinnon had gone to Killie :O

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMUTzRGW0AAyj49.jpg:large

geofoxposse
17-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Think McLeish forgot his teeth for that photo....

GUNBOAT
17-10-2017, 09:55 PM
The problem with McKinnon is he never admit's how poor Dundee United are with him in the dug out even the chairman admitted during his yearly season ticket charm offensive that the standard of football was below what the average supporter was used to.I have wanted rid of our manager since he played Cammy Smith wide right and Willie Miller said on the radio "Someone need's to have a word with Ray and tell him the laddie cannie play there!."
Its worth remembering that Miller coached or watched Smith for year's at Aberdeen but McKinnon still thought he knew better,he is a stubborn manager who accuses us who pay his wage of demanding 6-0 results every week when a decent display of attacking football would suffice.
I honestly think under Eddie or Jim he would have been long gone,McLean would never have accepted the style of football and losing twice nearly three times to Dumbarton would have been too much for Eddie to stomach.Its only my opinion but McKinnon's survival continues because of the turmoil in the private life of the worst chairman in the history of the Hibs and United,FACT.

jjaflup22
17-10-2017, 10:41 PM
For a glancing second I thought McKinnon had gone to Killie :O

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMUTzRGW0AAyj49.jpg:large

Lol, so did I... Nearly spat out my cornflakes!

jjaflup22
17-10-2017, 10:43 PM
Think McLeish forgot his teeth for that photo....

Haha! 😂

TangerineDream
17-10-2017, 11:23 PM
Phuk knows how I am feeling about Ray at the moment, wanted him to be successful and still do but FFS so many mistakes and s.hite performances something's no right.

Mac90 and Dodsie , maybe. Danny Lennon (you know) phuk that, ah Chunt else mentioned is giving iz the fear. Houstie excepted possibly but Nae chance he would work wie Thompson after calling him out, quite rightly btw !!!!!

And to add to it MCleish the auld , confused, toothless FUD for the Scotland gig? Ehm away to take the gas ffs :(

PortugueseFrank
18-10-2017, 12:59 AM
The problem with McKinnon is he never admit's how poor Dundee United are with him in the dug out even the chairman admitted during his yearly season ticket charm offensive that the standard of football was below what the average supporter was used to.I have wanted rid of our manager since he played Cammy Smith wide right and Willie Miller said on the radio "Someone need's to have a word with Ray and tell him the laddie cannie play there!."
Its worth remembering that Miller coached or watched Smith for year's at Aberdeen but McKinnon still thought he knew better,he is a stubborn manager who accuses us who pay his wage of demanding 6-0 results every week when a decent display of attacking football would suffice.
I honestly think under Eddie or Jim he would have been long gone,McLean would never have accepted the style of football and losing twice nearly three times to Dumbarton would have been too much for Eddie to stomach.Its only my opinion but McKinnon's survival continues because of the turmoil in the private life of the worst chairman in the history of the Hibs and United,FACT.

Take comfort. Ray also doesn’t like the Chairman.

Something in common with a lot of Arabs.

Danny_Dyer
19-10-2017, 10:28 AM
Take comfort. Ray also doesn’t like the Chairman.

Something in common with a lot of Arabs.

Nobody likes him. He is universally despised by everyone except a select few arse lickers and hinger ons.

The man has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. A complete arsehole if you will.

SmedDUm
19-10-2017, 07:44 PM
We must have the best home record in British football, one defeat in 34 games over 18 months.
Well 'tis true.
Time for a happy clap.

;D

PortugueseFrank
19-10-2017, 08:00 PM
We must have the best home record in British football, one defeat in 34 games over 18 months.
Well 'tis true.
Time for a happy clap.

;D

You’re probably right.

But what have we got to show for it? Nothing but Irn Bru cup medals.

Winning at home is great. We also need to get out this league. Every season in this league diminishes our potential for future success.

I suppose it comes down to how patient you are willing to be.

Me I’d gamble.

TerryTheTerror
20-10-2017, 09:28 AM
The thing is Frank, your insight and opinions I almost always agree with. However, you're also one of these folk who talks about this stuff on-line but to no end.

PortugueseFrank
20-10-2017, 11:26 AM
That’s what football forums are for T. Vent the spleen to no end.

JamesMcClean
21-10-2017, 02:47 PM
I said it last week and, barring a miracle comeback, I'll say it again - we cannot go on like this.

MagicMugs
21-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Get that f**king kutje out my f**king club now!!!
Where’s our f**king amazing home form now eh!!!

Absolutely raging! Was hoping the fireys would cause the game to be abandoned when hey showed up

Arabs4ever
21-10-2017, 02:56 PM
We ain't got a pot to piss in. The most likely outcome is gardening leave for McKinnon. Did we give McKinnon a rolling contract? Nope so yet again we'll have to pay up the remainder of a "managers" contract when we ain't got any money. You couldn't make it up if you tried.

MagicMugs
21-10-2017, 02:58 PM
They will have to act, going up is the only outcome that is required this season so the board will have to dip into their own pockets and get us out the mess they created

If we don’t go up, it is probably a doubtful future for the club more so than now :(

Arabs4ever
21-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Taking off a winger and bringing on a midfielder cum right-back. A bit of deja vu, did Houston not do something similar at the end of his tenure?

MagicMugs
21-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Taking off a winger and bringing on a midfielder cum right-back. A bit of deja vu, did Houston not do something similar at the end of his tenure?

Shades of Brewster at his last game throwing on clearly unfit/injured players

offshore_arab83
21-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Shades of Brewster at his last game throwing on clearly unfit/injured players

He's lost it, complete panic, no f ucking idea!!

the_arab
21-10-2017, 03:57 PM
He's lost it, complete panic, no f ucking idea!!

any manager who deems a sh1te centre half is a better option to put up front, than a striker he signed (who was still deemed good enough for the bench) is either goading the chairman to sack him for the pay off or is completely out of his depth, either way the worst manager in our history should be gone now!

ianharab
21-10-2017, 03:57 PM
Must go , first time in my life I am completely pissed off wee United , Thomson please sell up and get to **** , club needs cleared out from top to bottom before we don't have a club

arab_plumber
21-10-2017, 04:33 PM
Well lets hear what the blind faith duo of Smeddum and Shedka say about the team sitting 2nd bottom pumping us at home

Get Mckinnon away from Tannadice as fast as possible

GingerPetric
21-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Well lets hear what the blind faith duo of Smeddum and Shedka say about the team sitting 2nd bottom pumping us at home

Get Mckinnon away from Tannadice as fast as possible

Everything will still be awesome, after all that's only 2 defeats at home this season and three overall under Ray.....

Super optimism should be a bannable offence on here....that was horrendous today.

Sutherland Arab
21-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Today has to be a catalyst for change or we may as well accept our club is going to die.
Nothing more to say >:(

LSArab
21-10-2017, 04:50 PM
The players completely gave up in second half.

When has rays tactic of putting poor durnan up front and lumping it ever worked - what an embarrassment

He has lost the dressing room.

He has lost the fans a while ago

Will Mr Thompson do anything?

Chick A Saw
21-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Today has to be a catalyst for change or we may as well accept our club is going to die.
Nothing more to say >:(

As i walked out the GF lower today, i actually thought there is nobody at the club or sitting in the wings that can save us!

Anyone heard from ST since he got all the season ticket money in?

Arabdad
21-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Clueless, spineless and utterly inept - and that's just the manager. If it hadn't been for Lewis it would have been about 5. Ray has to go. Even with him gone I don't know how this can be turned round. That was utter garbage today. We were so bad we made Col Donaldson look good !!! On the back of that crap and last week's performance we won't get much out of Dumbarton and St Midden either. God I need a drink