Samba
De Laet
Omonah
Bjarnason
O’Hare
Hogan

samhubball
14-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Alan Hutton was our best player. If I was being cruel I would say it's because he is usually so out of position that playing as left back he was able to utilise his natural ability to be the wrong side of the attacker and thus was the correct side.

A disappointing display - but onwards and upwards.

freer
14-10-2017, 08:06 PM
So after a run of “easier games” we encountered one of the sides in the frame for promotion & boy did we come up short -again our lack of creativity so glaringly apparent

Wolves dominant from the first to final whistle, out performing this dull Villa side with consummate ease

Only Alan Hutton, Sam Johnson & Callum O’Hare (who showed some attacking intent) during his cameo appearance deserve credit this evening

On tonight's showing we are about as close to becoming promotion candidates as we were the day Steve Bruce took on the coaching role at A V F C

After watching the Noses yesterday, we need a radical rethink preceding our trip to Birmingham City in two weeks or the untroubled tranquil period Mr Bruce has experienced of late will soon evaporate & become a dim & distant memory

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/sad-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

yubbywelch
14-10-2017, 09:04 PM
I put it down to the international week off, dented our run of form, and we had to restart, but failed to do so.

So just a One of those weeks

TheDing
14-10-2017, 10:45 PM
I put it down to the international week off, dented our run of form, and we had to restart, but failed to do so.

So just a One of those weeks

We've all had the same international break

samhubball
15-10-2017, 08:21 AM

Yes, but we lost and it's a good excuse :P

TrianonDave
15-10-2017, 08:33 AM
You've got to : Want to win and Wolves wanted it more every player gave 100% and they got what they deserved! At least we didn't lose to a dodgy decision!
I'm afraid we looked like an average team and that's what we are.
Wolves have a strong midfield and we should have beefed that area up, we all knew it so why didn't Bruce?
We cannot make the same mistake again the SHA!!

yubbywelch
15-10-2017, 10:02 AM

And your Wolves weren't affected.

Exiledvillan
15-10-2017, 10:15 AM
They outplayed us, and outfought us and got their just desserts. Tbf, they’ve outplayed us in the last 3 meetings with 3 different managers. This Wolves team are the best all round team in this division, that I’ve seen since we got relegated. Not necessarily on yesterday’s performance, as I don’t think we made them get out of 3rd gear, which is a sad indictment on us. But all season they have been bang at it.
Re Hutton. Thankfully, for once, he was so far out of position (for a left back) for that last ditch 1st half tackle, that he looked half decent. Had he been playing at RB, he would of been on the halfway line.
Hopefully we can put this disappointment behind us and move on, although Fulham are another very decent passing side, gulp.

Onwards n Upwards