PDA

View Full Version : League Cup Semis

LaMaquina
18-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Not trying to start a ticket sales pissing contest but I hear Hibs have sold less than 10 thousand for their semi. I suspect that'll be used as a stick to beat us (and others) with when we demand a 50/50 split in future (as I believe they did on this occasion).

We had to guarantee the value of the tickets up front for both finals last season to get our fair share. If Hibs have had to do the same it'll cost them a few bob if their end is half empty.

fatshaft
18-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Hibs 8/1
Motherwell 6/1

Nice double, tho I think only 'Well is a good bet.

cougared
18-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Hibs and Motherwell at those prices look a good double. It also means that the Hibs fans will get plenty tickets for the final. Wonder what the odds are for the Invincible Bhoys to lose three on the bounce?

Mason89
18-10-2017, 09:00 PM

BT Sports

57vintage
18-10-2017, 09:07 PM
You mean the League Cup is still a thing?

A totally devalued, meaningless bauble.

RedStarTorphins
19-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Hibs 8/1
Motherwell 6/1

Nice double, tho I think only 'Well is a good bet.

Motherwell will not play with the same aggression and press SEVCO like they did against us.
They'll bottle it.
Comfortable SEVCO win.

Pacman1903
19-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Motherwell will not play with the same aggression and press SEVCO like they did against us.
They'll bottle it.
Comfortable SEVCO win.

Ill agree. New club, same fear

GASC1980
19-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Disagree. I think Motherwell are in with a more than decent chance on Sunday.

Incidentally what is that advert for the game all about??? Just highlights everything that is wrong in this country. To me it's insinuating that only two clubs matter. Why not have hibs and well in big bold letters and tims and sevco so that you can hardly make them out.

GASC1980
19-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Hibs official tweet in reply to that ad is a belter.

donsdaft
19-10-2017, 02:26 PM

BT Sports

Don't you just love Scottish football

neilthedon
19-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Disagree. I think Motherwell are in with a more than decent chance on Sunday.

Incidentally what is that advert for the game all about??? Just highlights everything that is wrong in this country. To me it's insinuating that only two clubs matter. Why not have hibs and well in big bold letters and tims and sevco so that you can hardly make them out.

Oh , was the text in different sizes ? I never noticed !

Jupiter
19-10-2017, 04:25 PM
They'll bottle it.
Comfortable SEVCO win.

Motherwell didn't bottle it in the promotion playoff against Sevco

Pacman1903
19-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Motherwell didn't bottle it in the promotion playoff against Sevco

That was sporting gold

Jupiter
19-10-2017, 05:24 PM
That was sporting gold

Especially the fight at the end

macattack
21-10-2017, 11:13 AM
So since we aint playing anyone bothered about this on ? smeltic v hibs or would you rather watch Chelski V Watford ? I am going to start with the League cup game until smeltic score!

macattack
21-10-2017, 12:03 PM
Well thats the 1st semi done smeltic 2-0 up at ht

macattack
21-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Mayeb not 3-2 now hibs still in it :O

andoplzcumbak
21-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Hibs official tweet in reply to that ad is a belter.

What was it then?

mondo_notion
21-10-2017, 09:12 PM
What was it then?

HIBS Vceltic

on one of their flyers. Aww it was great crack, you should have been there, totally banter-ific.

andoplzcumbak
21-10-2017, 09:52 PM
HIBS Vceltic

on one of their flyers. Aww it was great crack, you should have been there, totally banter-ific.

Aw man that really is a belter XD

Aldo1983
21-10-2017, 09:53 PM
They'll bottle it.
Comfortable SEVCO win.

I think it will end up a comfortable sevco win as well but tad unfair on Motherwell. They were unlucky first game of the season and sevco did horse us 0-3 last season.

Aldo1983
21-10-2017, 09:55 PM
HIBS Vceltic

Shirley it should be craic? Top bantz indeed though. Cheeky **** ;)

Landvetter83
22-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Agricultural stuff from Motherwell. Sublime finish from Moult for the second deserved to win any game.

From what I saw Sevco were complete pants.

Expect to hear a lot from the weegia about the refereeing decisions - my take is he got every call correct.

RedStarTorphins
22-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Agricultural stuff from Motherwell. Sublime finish from Moult for the second deserved to win any game.

From what I saw Sevco were complete pants.

Expect to hear a lot from the weegia about the refereeing decisions - my take is he got every call correct.

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic about the refereeing decisions.
Steven McLean is, & was today, a complete and utter sh1tebag.

Bowman was a thug & should've walked.
Alves was a straight red.
He’s a dreadful ref who tries too hard to be pals with players.
He’s weak & poor.

bigj
22-10-2017, 06:54 PM
I think it will end up a comfortable sevco win as well but tad unfair on Motherwell. They were unlucky first game of the season and sevco did horse us 0-3 last season.

Its like you guys can see the future ha ha. But more to the point ha ha f@@kin sevco.
Fair play to Well beating us and sevco to get to final

fatshaft
22-10-2017, 07:09 PM

He’s weak & poor.Our best ref, our mainly weak refs would have caved to the baying huns today and sent Moult off.

The Trading Sheep
22-10-2017, 08:01 PM

He’s weak & poor.

It was a shocking performance, twice he let play rage on when there was clear head injuries. Alves was a straight red and he was looking at the incident. But wait, send off the hun... No chance, booked two others instead... Disgrace

Yes there were other incidents that could have been punished, but ref tried to stick to the SFA script....

Games a bogy when you have officials like this...

GASC1980
22-10-2017, 09:02 PM
First off - delighted to see Motherwell beat these nomarks. Secondly great to see a team take advantage of a weak referee, be aggressive and bully these ****s all over the park. Aberdeen - take note for Wednesday.

KIWIRED
22-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Newco what a joke side
Joke manager
Joke support
Season over from the Gullible
How we laughed

afc1903mad
23-10-2017, 08:09 AM

He’s weak & poor.

Our best ref, our mainly weak refs would have caved to the baying huns today and sent Moult off.

It was a shocking performance, twice he let play rage on when there was clear head injuries. Alves was a straight red and he was looking at the incident. But wait, send off the hun... No chance, booked two others instead... Disgrace

Yes there were other incidents that could have been punished, but ref tried to stick to the SFA script....

Games a bogy when you have officials like this...

Guys,
I'm going to take a different mindset and defend the ref, just a little.
Now I do usually berate him, but reflecting on his performance, it's quite possible that: -

He should have sent off Bowman, but opted not to because he did not see it or did not realise the severity.
He should also have sent off Alves, for his kick out.
He should also have sent off Moult for retaliation.
He could also have sent off the other hun for pushing Moult over.

So in all, he's cancelled out the Bowman sending off with the Alves one
And tried to diffuse the matter by booking Moult and the other hun.

What value would it have given sending all 4 off?
Motherwell would have been without Moult and Bowman for the final against Celtic, whilst SevCo wold miss Alves and the other hun (if they are still there) in next seasons last 16)

Arguably, the officiating was slightly in Motherwells favour because of the final up coming and the timing of the incidents.

I repeat, I do usually berate McLean for his performances and this was not really any better, but in hindsight, in terms of fairness, he was pretty level in my opinion over these incidents

donsdaft
23-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Had a quick look over on Hun media and lo and behold someone is talking sense.

Now the last thing I want to hear from a Hun is sense.

Normal service is resumed though when not one poster agrees with him, he gets told the f'uck off etc.

What a relief.

Stupie82
23-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Had a quick look over on Hun media and lo and behold someone is talking sense.

Now the last thing I want to hear from a Hun is sense.

Normal service is resumed though when not one poster agrees with him, he gets told the f'uck off etc.

What a relief.

They are a different sort of special that lot.

My favourite comment on Hunmedia was

"The worst part of it is celtic will put about 4 past that Motherwell team, like we should have done.

Pedro must go. "

"Like we should have done" XD XD. Coming from a Sevco fan who's team has done NOTHING to convince anyone that they could put 4 past Motherwell. That lot are living in the past.

Stupie82
23-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Or my other favourite

Remember when Roman Abramovich first took over Chelsea? He paid off, in an instant, all the players who weren't good enough. Just cut all the deadwood adrift. He then bought out all the sponsorship and shirt deals. He wiped the slate clean and gave them a fresh foundation on which to build. He then went out and got them a top rated manager and handed him a war chest. He totally rebuilt the club from the ground up. We need someone to come along and do that for us.

XD XD XD Deluded huns are the best :-)

krakowdon
23-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Guys,
I'm going to take a different mindset and defend the ref, just a little.
Now I do usually berate him, but reflecting on his performance, it's quite possible that: -

He should have sent off Bowman, but opted not to because he did not see it or did not realise the severity.
He should also have sent off Alves, for his kick out.
He should also have sent off Moult for retaliation.
He could also have sent off the other hun for pushing Moult over.

So in all, he's cancelled out the Bowman sending off with the Alves one
And tried to diffuse the matter by booking Moult and the other hun.

What value would it have given sending all 4 off?
Motherwell would have been without Moult and Bowman for the final against Celtic, whilst SevCo wold miss Alves and the other hun (if they are still there) in next seasons last 16)

Arguably, the officiating was slightly in Motherwells favour because of the final up coming and the timing of the incidents.

I repeat, I do usually berate McLean for his performances and this was not really any better, but in hindsight, in terms of fairness, he was pretty level in my opinion over these incidents

Two points

If he didn't see an incident he can't opt one way or another. If he didn't see it he is totally incompetent. If he 'didn't see it' he is corrupt.

Second, why do people think that refs reffing sevco have options which they don't have reffing other teams? With Stockley for instance, also Barry Robson, and Rougvie in '79 the default and apparently only 'option' was always a swift red card.

If he saw everything and followed the thought process you set out then he is consciously favouring certain teams and disadvantaging others.

afc1903mad
23-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Two points

If he didn't see an incident he can't opt one way or another. If he didn't see it he is totally incompetent. If he 'didn't see it' he is corrupt.

Second, why do people think that refs reffing sevco have options which they don't have reffing other teams? With Stockley for instance, also Barry Robson, and Rougvie in '79 the default and apparently only 'option' was always a swift red card.

If he saw everything and followed the thought process you set out then he is consciously favouring certain teams and disadvantaging others.

Refs are human, they cannot see everything.
Who do you think McLean was favouring yesterday?

krakowdon
23-10-2017, 12:39 PM

Refs are human, they are susceptible to bias and corruption.

Listening on the radio, even wee Doddsy commented that Alves had to walk for what he had done. The outcome favoured Rangers.

kkong
23-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Secondly great to see a team take advantage of a weak referee, be aggressive and bully these ****s all over the park. Aberdeen - take note for Wednesday.

Craig Thomson is the ref on Wednesday.

afc1903mad
23-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Refs are human, they are susceptible to bias and corruption.

Listening on the radio, even wee Doddsy commented that Alves had to walk for what he had done. The outcome favoured Rangers.

I agree, but not sending off Bowman was surely favouring Motherwell more by not reducing them to 10 men for the bulk of the second half?

afc1903mad
23-10-2017, 01:49 PM

He lets loads go, so expect Broon to get free reigns for at least 70 minutes

donsdaft
23-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Not if we break the b'astards leg in the first 5 minutes.

InversneckieDob
23-10-2017, 02:35 PM

I f u c k i n g detest that beak nosed f u ck-tard.

krakowdon
23-10-2017, 04:28 PM
I agree, but not sending off Bowman was surely favouring Motherwell more by not reducing them to 10 men for the bulk of the second half?

I didn't see the game, only listened to the last 20 minutes on the radio, so can't comment. I did hear reference to two head knocks where he didn't stop the game. Maybe he didn't see it. ;D

I am generally going on what I have seen watching Aberdeen games over the years.

The Trading Sheep
23-10-2017, 09:01 PM

The ref definitely favoured Ran*ers in my opinion. Why? It is possible he missed the bowman incident, the incident was only really clear when there was blood everywhere but he definitely did not miss the Alves one. Look at his positioning, no way did he miss it. Further, why did he book moult? Was he booked for being pushed or did he see him lash out but somehow not able to see Alves? That incident was a possible 3 red cards, but a red and two yellows would have been fine.

The games so corrupt here... Yet for some reason, well supported...