19-10-2017, 01:47 PM
great news !!!

Pacman1903
19-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Good news. Him and Arnie looking good

Mr_Grieves
19-10-2017, 02:00 PM
Terrific news.

Hopefully Kari will sign on for another season as well.

Feck_the_Huns
19-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Terrific news.

Hopefully Kari will sign on for another season as well.

I sense Arnie won't decide his future till after the World Cup, but that might just be the cynic in me

fittiered
13-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Hull wanting to sign Scott in this transfer windee? Or just media trash again with the hun game coming up....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2086844/scott-mckenna-hull-city-bid-aberdeen-nigel-adkins/

Pacman1903
13-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Slap 5 million on him and we can talk

InversneckieDob
13-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Exactly. If Dick Van dyke is worth 75 mil........

RED_JOHN
13-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Hull wanting to sign Scott in this transfer windee? Or just media trash again with the hun game coming up....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2086844/scott-mckenna-hull-city-bid-aberdeen-nigel-adkins/

Every player has a price as they say....much do we as fans value him and what do you think the club would accept? I want £2m club will accept £500,000.

InversneckieDob
13-01-2018, 10:50 AM
I think in the current climate they wouldnae take half a mil, nae when he's contracted 'til 21.
I think if it went into 7 figures that'd do it.

rico94
13-01-2018, 10:58 AM
Every player has a price as they say....much do we as fans value him and what do you think the club would accept? I want £2m club will accept £500,000.

Every player has a price and all that but it would be nice to keep him for a few years before he buggers off to guff land.

If he keeps improving like he is doing he will get better clubs than Hull coming in for him.

Don_Corleone
13-01-2018, 11:14 AM
Bit out of the blue this one... can't see it happening though...

1. He's on a long term contract - we have no need to sell him.
2. He's getting better all the time - if we are going to cash in we'll get a lot more in a year or so time.
3. He's our best central defender at the moment and McInnes will probably want to build the defence around him over the next few years
4. He seems pretty sensible and has aspirations of playing for Scotland - he'll have seen 9 out of 10 players who go down south too soon failing and effectively wasting their careers.

sheepcrooky
13-01-2018, 12:44 PM
He will not go to Hull.

Not quite sure how the lad clicked from being left out of an Ayr United relegation threatened squad, into one of our mainstays in defence. It just sometimes takes getting one break to make the grade, and McKenna has certainly grasped his chance and is not letting go.

I do think he will leave in the next 18 months however to the championship. By this time though, he will be a Scottish International and have a price tag of £3m plus add-ons.

thebeachend
13-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Fantastic news. whats the cash offer? no figure given! really need a couple of good young ones who we can shift down the line for multi million fees, but it is never the case with Aberdeen.

Aldo1983
13-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Fantastic news. whats the cash offer? no figure given! really need a couple of good young ones who we can shift down the line for multi million fees, but it is never the case with Aberdeen.

We will go through purple patches bringing through young players and this seems to be our purple patches just now. I'm all for selling them if they don't rip the **** out of us.

Jupiter
13-01-2018, 03:06 PM
If we do sell him, there should be a sell on clause.

donsdaft
13-01-2018, 03:57 PM
I've been impressed with the lad.

Limited ability but he does what he does and he does it well.

All I'm looking for from a centre half to be honest.

rico94
13-01-2018, 04:02 PM
I would imagine if Hull were to make a bid it would be around the 500k region.Its very unusual for English clubs to come up with multi million pound offers to Scottish clubs because they see us as a bargain basement.

I would like to think we would tell them where to go with a cheap offer like that.

Feck_the_Huns
13-01-2018, 04:28 PM
I would imagine if Hull were to make a bid it would be around the 500k region.Its very unusual for English clubs to come up with multi million pound offers to Scottish clubs because they see us as a bargain basement.

I would like to think we would tell them where to go with a cheap offer like that.

£500K? With 3 years left on his contract?

Cheapskate Yorkshire bas*ards.

£5m, or fcuk right off. We don't need to accept anything less

rico94
13-01-2018, 04:59 PM
£500K? With 3 years left on his contract?

Cheapskate Yorkshire bas*ards.

£5m, or fcuk right off. We don't need to accept anything less

I agree with you I wouldn’t accept anything like 500k.

I might be wrong of course and Hull will come in with a 3 million pound offer,but I would have thought if they had that sort of cash to spend on a defender they would go for someone with a bit more experience than a 20 year old who has played less than 20 games for us.

Landvetter83
13-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Scott McKenna is the dog's bollox.

£5M with 25% sell-on clause at the very least or Hull can f@@k right off.

sheepcrooky
13-01-2018, 05:46 PM
I agree with you I wouldn’t accept anything like 500k.

I might be wrong of course and Hull will come in with a 3 million pound offer,but I would have thought if they had that sort of cash to spend on a defender they would go for someone with a bit more experience than a 20 year old who has played less than 20 games for us.
Did they not buy Andy Robertson from the Pikeys for about £3m after he only played a few games? Mind you, Hull might have been in the premiership then, and the Pikeys were absolutely world beaters.

Hairdrier
13-01-2018, 07:15 PM

This should the club's opening gambit in any negotiation with Hull.

simpson_1903
13-01-2018, 08:07 PM
Bid rejected apparently. Lots of annoying press talk and second bid likely to follow.

vinnydesalvo
13-01-2018, 09:06 PM
The boy's been rock solid in keeping it simple. Already in need of another centre-half. The club selling cheap would be latest statement of intent.

rico94
13-01-2018, 09:19 PM
This is why it’s a good thing we are not in debt at the moment.

Without trying to start another stadium argument could you imagine if we were 30 million in debt,we would have to accept whatever they just offered us for the lad.

Aldo1983
13-01-2018, 09:43 PM
This is why it’s a good thing we are not in debt at the moment.

Without trying to start another stadium argument could you imagine if we were 30 million in debt,we would have to accept whatever they just offered us for the lad.

Correct. I can't see us selling him even at £1m and quite right too. He's limited in ability but he's ours, he's young and every experienced player he's replaced have been full of stupid mistakes.

sheepcrooky
14-01-2018, 01:02 AM
CH’s are not ball players (okay Beckanbeur). McKenna is a proper old fashioned CH. Quick, strong and no nonsense. No way is he going to fvcking ‘ull.

Pacman1903
14-01-2018, 05:57 AM
CH’s are not ball players (okay Beckanbeur). McKenna is a proper old fashioned CH. Quick, strong and no nonsense. No way is he going to fvcking ‘ull.

Being a centre half in my day I love watching McKenna. He is exactly what a CB should be. He plays exactly how my managers wanted me to play Nae fancy Dan sh@t just the, ill keep it away from the goal other folk do the rest approach. His job is to keep the ball away from the goal. He is simplistic in how he does it but he does it. Old school and ace

GlezgaRed
14-01-2018, 06:58 AM

and when he pulls on a Scotland shirt we get another cash bonus of £1m, he has the potential to be reaching 50 caps in his stride !!

mondo_notion
14-01-2018, 08:40 AM
£300k according to the Sun today. Nigel Adkins admits they will be putting in an improved 2nd offer. Typical cheek from down south and I think it's safe to say he wont be going anywhere.

RED_JOHN
14-01-2018, 10:17 AM
£300k according to the Sun today. Nigel Adkins admits they will be putting in an improved 2nd offer. Typical cheek from down south and I think it's safe to say he wont be going anywhere.

Agreed. It was a bit of a cheeky bid. No way will Hull be coming in with any decent offer so the club should be more than confident that he will be staying put. Unless Milne overrules anyone and accepts the next bid which will be closer to £500,000.

InversneckieDob
14-01-2018, 10:42 AM
We shouldnae even take the call fae that Adkins, or any c u nt at Hull.
They're taking the pi55.

Bridieeater
14-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Being a centre half in my day I love watching McKenna. He is exactly what a CB should be. He plays exactly how my managers wanted me to play Nae fancy Dan sh@t just the, ill keep it away from the goal other folk do the rest approach. His job is to keep the ball away from the goal. He is simplistic in how he does it but he does it. Old school and ace

Part of the reason Scotland are so shTye are cause our defenders seem to lack any basic skills? These are supposedly professional footballers and yet have no idea on how to get your head up, and pass a simple ball into the midfield. It's ridiculous to say all they should be able to do is keep the ball from the net. Yes that's there primary role but good teams (wether it be club or country) have defenders who can actually play football.

By the way mcKenna ain't fast. Perhaps being next to Considine makes him look like Usain Bolt!

irnbru1903
14-01-2018, 11:16 AM
We are obviously viewed as a soft touch down South as no other club seems to get such derisory offers for players. Signed up for years to come and already a decent player with only signs that he is heading in the right direction and we get offered 300k whilst other clubs get ridiculous figures offered for players that have barely kicked a first team ball. If he is good enough for them to want him then he is obviously worth more than they are trying to con us with. The only worry is Milne's shrewd business sense.

Pacman1903
14-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Part of the reason Scotland are so shTye are cause our defenders seem to lack any basic skills? These are supposedly professional footballers and yet have no idea on how to get your head up, and pass a simple ball into the midfield. It's ridiculous to say all they should be able to do is keep the ball from the net. Yes that's there primary role but good teams (wether it be club or country) have defenders who can actually play football.

By the way mcKenna ain't fast. Perhaps being next to Considine makes him look like Usain Bolt!

Passing a ball into midfield is part of the simple skills a CB needs then the midfield take over from there. That's what im getting at. But the main objective is to defend your goal. That he does very well. You don't need to be making any runs or fancy sh@t. Strong in the air, strong in the tackle, stay on your feet, simple ball when possible, get rid if in doubt, good verbals. If a CB does all of that hes a good centre half. As for pace, if you can read a game you don't need pace.

InversneckieDob
14-01-2018, 11:54 AM
As for pace, if you can read a game you don't need pace.

I'm pretty confident that I, now (middle aged, overweight, as uncoordinated as Donald Trump trying to read) could have given Willie Miller in his prime a decent foot race.

But in his lengthy career I could probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times he got done on pace.
"The first ten yards are in your head" as the saying goes.

donsdaft
14-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Classy fast skilful centre halfs are like hens teeth.
If we had one I'd be looking at asking 50 million for him.

McKenna will do me.

Aldo1983
14-01-2018, 12:20 PM
I'm pretty confident that I, now (middle aged, overweight, as uncoordinated as Donald Trump trying to read) could have given Willie Miller in his prime a decent foot race.

But in his lengthy career I could probably count on the fingers of one hand the number of times he got done on pace.
"The first ten yards are in your head" as the saying goes.

God was streetwise as well being from where he's from. I know his old coach pre Aberdeen days and he said he was handy to have going into certain places and would run through a brick wall and come out unscathed. Being a silky defender is the modern way but I'd sooner have a street wise one.

sheepcrooky
14-01-2018, 12:43 PM

I was of the opinion that McKenna was fast for a centre half. A few times this season I seem to remember him covering the ground very rapidly. Maybe I am mistaken though.

mondo_notion
14-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Agreed. It was a bit of a cheeky bid. No way will Hull be coming in with any decent offer so the club should be more than confident that he will be staying put. Unless Milne overrules anyone and accepts the next bid which will be closer to £500,000.

It didn't say as much but I got the impression from reading that piece this morning that the guy Adkins realised the first bid was a bit disrespectful and a tad embarrassing so I wouldn't be surprised if the second bid is more than your 500k. That said, I still don't think it will be enough to interest anyone involved.

rico94
14-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Second bid rejected apparently,just the 300k offered again but repackaged whatever that means.I presume it’s 300k with different add ons maybe.

mondo_notion
14-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Second bid rejected apparently,just the 300k offered again but repackaged whatever that means.I presume it’s 300k with different add ons maybe.

You're joking? Oh well take no notice of post#41 XD

thebeachend
14-01-2018, 04:22 PM
I said better get a pic with the loon before you've got a Hull top on. "Well, that's not happening". from the man himself.

blowupsheep
15-01-2018, 04:57 AM
I said better get a pic with the loon before you've got a Hull top on. "Well, that's not happening". from the man himself.

That's almost exactly the same as the man himself said to us before the game yesterday, one of the lads I was with asked him about it and he replied and said "yes they have made an offer and the club have been open with me and kept me up to speed about it all, but to be quite frank i'm not interested in going anywhere anytime soon"

Good on ye Scott

SF

Pacman1903
15-01-2018, 05:50 AM
That's almost exactly the same as the man himself said to us before the game yesterday, one of the lads I was with asked him about it and he replied and said "yes they have made an offer and the club have been open with me and kept me up to speed about it all, but to be quite frank i'm not interested in going anywhere anytime soon"

Good on ye Scott

SF

That's very good to hear

andoplzcumbak
15-01-2018, 07:44 AM
I see they're only a point above relegation.
Hope the cheeky cod head w*nks go down!

Bridieeater
15-01-2018, 07:56 AM
Passing a ball into midfield is part of the simple skills a CB needs then the midfield take over from there. That's what im getting at. But the main objective is to defend your goal. That he does very well. You don't need to be making any runs or fancy sh@t. Strong in the air, strong in the tackle, stay on your feet, simple ball when possible, get rid if in doubt, good verbals. If a CB does all of that hes a good centre half. As for pace, if you can read a game you don't need pace.

I'm not talking about pace, i'm talking about the simple basic skills which very few Scottish defenders seem to have. It frustrates the h#ll out of me when i see defenders passing the ball side ways 2-3 times waiting for a midfielder to come deep and basically do the work for them.

When a midfielder doesn't do that (usually because the defence has spent the last 2 mins passing it across the back and any midfielders making good runs or looking for it to be passed to there feet they have been picked up by opposing midfielders) then they revert to a ludicrous hoof ball which either goes out of play or ends up giving the ball to the opposition.

I've seen Scott play a few times over the last few years at the Glebe Brechin and always thought he looked solid and a lad who liked to take responsibility. So it comes as little surprise to see him coming in and doing well, how good he will be (and eventual worth) will depend on his ability as footballer and not just his ability dive into tackles and head the ball. (hence a bid for 300k and not 3 million)

Pacman1903
15-01-2018, 09:04 AM
I'm not talking about pace, i'm talking about the simple basic skills which very few Scottish defenders seem to have. It frustrates the h#ll out of me when i see defenders passing the ball side ways 2-3 times waiting for a midfielder to come deep and basically do the work for them.

When a midfielder doesn't do that (usually because the defence has spent the last 2 mins passing it across the back and any midfielders making good runs or looking for it to be passed to there feet they have been picked up by opposing midfielders) then they revert to a ludicrous hoof ball which either goes out of play or ends up giving the ball to the opposition.

I've seen Scott play a few times over the last few years at the Glebe Brechin and always thought he looked solid and a lad who liked to take responsibility. So it comes as little surprise to see him coming in and doing well, how good he will be (and eventual worth) will depend on his ability as footballer and not just his ability dive into tackles and head the ball. (hence a bid for 300k and not 3 million)

He shouldn't be diving into tackles. Good defenders stay on their feet

Bridieeater
15-01-2018, 09:44 AM

good point Pacman. The good thing is he is a young player who has grabbed his chance (primarily due to the ineptness of the defenders in the current squad) and as a result he is attracting attention from others. I'm just hoping there is a footballer in him, firstly as the 1st team will benefit from that but also as that will be the difference in the club making a serious amount of money rather than a few 100k.

InversneckieDob
15-01-2018, 11:53 AM
good point Pacman. The good thing is he is a young player who has grabbed his chance (primarily due to the ineptness of the defenders in the current squad) and as a result he is attracting attention from others. I'm just hoping there is a footballer in him, firstly as the 1st team will benefit from that but also as that will be the difference in the club making a serious amount of money rather than a few 100k.

To be honest, and this possibly speaks to a paucity of ambition on my behalf, I'd like him to be a good, steady, strong, non-bombscare centre half that ends up oor captain and gets a testimonial.

If he rises above that we'll get coin for him doon the line right enough, but it'd be good to get some long (ish) term stability at the back.

afc1903mad
15-01-2018, 12:16 PM

His last game against Hearts he was phenomenal.
Didn't put a foot wrong and mopped up the whole game.
Was unlucky at the other end too

anyway, he still has 3 1/2 years on his contract, so any offer needs to reflect that.

afc1903mad
15-01-2018, 12:20 PM

Didn't Hull pay £3M for Robertson from Dundee Utd?

Mason89
15-01-2018, 12:31 PM

Nah, they paid it straight into Jackie McNamaras bank account

RED_JOHN
15-01-2018, 06:43 PM

I can’t remember exactly what they paid to be honest. I would only sell McKenna for £2m but I would be surprised if Milne turns down a £500,000 bid for him. McKenna is a decent defender who is learning his way in the game...Milne is an inept chairman who can’t be trusted.

rico94
19-01-2018, 10:34 AM
McInnes just said in his press conference for tomorrows game that Scott McKenna will remain our player for the rest of the season.

Does that mean he will be sold in the summer or am I reading too much into that?

Aldo1983
19-01-2018, 10:38 AM
McInnes just said in his press conference for tomorrows game that Scott McKenna will remain our player for the rest of the season.

Does that mean he will be sold in the summer or am I reading too much into that?

Didn't he say something along the lines that "he'll be sold at some point" when this all came out? Absolutely no issues with that. Sounds like there's some agreement though.

rico94
19-01-2018, 10:43 AM
Didn't he say something along the lines that "he'll be sold at some point" when this all came out? Absolutely no issues with that. Sounds like there's some agreement though.

Yeah he said he would be sold once he has played 150 games for us and has broken into the Scotland squad.

That comment today sounds a bit like Hayes last January as in stay with us for the rest of the season and you can go in the summer.

RedStarTorphins
19-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Front page splash & most of P&J's (not mine...) back page saying Hull ready to lodge 3rd bid.
Of course when you read the actual article, Adkins says nothing of the sort...

Think this can now be filed under "English taking the p1ss" and it's dead and a non-story.

When offer 2 doesn't top offer 1, they're not suddenly going to go from £350k to £750k for example....or whatever price would make us think about selling.