PDA

View Full Version : ***Aberdeen v Celtic Build up***

afc1903mad
24-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Starting the build up for tomorrow's game.

I reckon McInnes may line up something like: -

..................Lewis
Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie
.........McLean O'Connor
......GMS......May.....Wright
................Rooney

Subs: Rogers, Ball, Stewart, Maynard, Reynolds, Considine, Tansey

I hope he doesn't try to put Considine back in to release Shinnie in Midfield and McLean further forward.
We've kept three clean sheets in a row and need to stay defensively sound.
Possibly GMS and Wright might be too lightweight so Stewart may come in for one of them.

for them, anyone think Hayes may get a start?

AFCG1903
24-10-2017, 12:03 PM
I did see that G.Stewart was playing with u20s last week? possibly getting some minutes in before Celtic game.

afc1903mad
24-10-2017, 12:04 PM
I did see that G.Stewart was playing with u20s last week? possibly getting some minutes in before Celtic game.

I thought that too and just considered he was getting more match time in.
He may come in for Christie as opposed to Wright as I showed above.

Mr_Grieves
24-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Lewis
Logan Kari McKenna Considine
O'Connor
GMS McLean Shinnie May
Rooney

AFCG1903
24-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Yeah that also played on my mind, only time will tell I suppose. I'm still undecided on who I would prefer to start.

afc1903mad
24-10-2017, 12:49 PM
Should McLean start given his news today?

rico94
24-10-2017, 12:56 PM

McInnes will play McLean every week from now until the end of the season,to be fair on McLean it was McInnes who announced it in a press conference for tomorrows game. Very bizarre time to bring it up.

Aldo1983
24-10-2017, 01:12 PM
I fancy us to win. Great chance to beat them as well.

So 0-3 them.

deedon
24-10-2017, 01:32 PM

Play him. Tell him he's in the shop window for a move to the Huns and he'll raise his game against the Bhigots. Then drop him.

donsdaft
24-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Don't play him.

Don't play him ever again.

Not because of today's news, just because he's s'hite.

Pacman1903
24-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Lewis
O'Connor
GMS McLean Shinnie May
Rooney

Get McLean to f@ck

mondo_notion
24-10-2017, 06:36 PM
I see the club are pushing Northern lights before kick off again. Brilliant song and could be a proper anthem for us but for some reason it hasn't worked in the games where they have tried it before. It has sometimes been started over the P.A too late so the game kicks off before it finishes and it dies out.

Also seems to be a bit of confusion over the lyrics with the original and the version the fans sing differing. They should put the words on the back of the program or leave a little note on seats. Mon i dons.

Pacman1903
24-10-2017, 07:06 PM
New Red Final tomorrow night

Dig deep folks

RedStarTorphins
24-10-2017, 07:24 PM

Of course he’ll start.

I think DM will go with this X1;

Lewis
Logan Arnason McKenna Considine
O’Connor
GMS McLean Shinnie May
Rooney

Subs; Rogers, Reynolds, Ball, Tansey, Stewart, Wright, Maynard

Sadly I think he’ll bring Considine back.
He’ll give extra height.
Sadly he’ll get torn a new a*sehole by Roberts or Forrest.
It’ll allow DM to play Shinnie further forward & I think he’ll be asked to press Brown high up the pitch & stop him getting in the ball.
Just my opinion.

RedStarTorphins
24-10-2017, 07:26 PM
I see the club are pushing Northern lights before kick off again. Brilliant song and could be a proper anthem for us but for some reason it hasn't worked in the games where they have tried it before. It has sometimes been started over the P.A too late so the game kicks off before it finishes and it dies out.

Also seems to be a bit of confusion over the lyrics with the original and the version the fans sing differing. They should put the words on the back of the program or leave a little note on seats. Mon i dons.

That’s because it’s a bit of a dirge & Aberdeen fans are incapable of singing in time & finish the song about 3 lines before the actual song.

rico94
24-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Of course he’ll start.

I think DM will go with this X1;

Lewis
Logan Arnason McKenna Considine
O’Connor
GMS McLean Shinnie May
Rooney

Subs; Rogers, Reynolds, Ball, Tansey, Stewart, Wright, Maynard

Sadly I think he’ll bring Considine back.
He’ll give extra height.
Sadly he’ll get torn a new a*sehole by Roberts or Forrest.
It’ll allow DM to play Shinnie further forward & I think he’ll be asked to press Brown high up the pitch & stop him getting in the ball.
Just my opinion.

I would be very surprised if McLean doesn’t start every game from tomorrow until the end of the season.

If Considine is fit he will start tomorrow,at least McLean will be gone in the summer we have years left of Considine playing for us.

RedStarTorphins
24-10-2017, 07:45 PM
I would be very surprised if McLean doesn’t start every game from tomorrow until the end of the season.

If Considine is fit he will start tomorrow,at least McLean will be gone in the summer we have years left of Considine playing for us.

Agree with both.
I’d punt McLean in January for any 6 figure fee offered (unless SEVCO who should be told to go f**k themselves)
Re-sign McGinn for wide right & play Christie at 10.

Jupiter
24-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Can't see him playing both May & Rooney against Timmy. The tombola will probably be out again.

vinnydesalvo
24-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Lewis
O'Connor
GMS McLean Shinnie May
Rooney

Would be surprised if we line up any differently to this.

Bridieeater
25-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Would be surprised if we line up any differently to this.

I've yet to see Rooney have a good game against Celtic. Not sure if it's entirely his own fault but whoever is up front needs to be able to keep the ball and also stretch their to centre backs. I think Rooney might play on the left and and May will be up top. Or we may see them swap about.

Pacman1903
25-10-2017, 10:55 AM
If he doesnt play two up front against their poor defence theres no hope for us. They are very poor through the centre. How about trying to exploit it?

rico94
25-10-2017, 11:21 AM
I've yet to see Rooney have a good game against Celtic. Not sure if it's entirely his own fault but whoever is up front needs to be able to keep the ball and also stretch their to centre backs. I think Rooney might play on the left and and May will be up top. Or we may see them swap about.

Depends what you see as having a good game,he has scored 5 goals against them and more importantly he has played in the 4 games we have won against them in the last couple of years.

We have tried different strikers who can hold the ball up better or stretch their defence but have came away with nothing so it might be worth trying him again.

Don_Corleone
25-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Got to have a go at them - when we've done that in the past we've put them under pressure because they're not used to having to handle it - they're used to getting everything their own way. If we sit back, try to defend and hit them on the break it just plays into their hands. If we go at them, we've got a better chance.

Keep Shinnie at left back to combat their pace out wide. His energy is a loss in the middle, but O'Connor can shield the defence.

I'd go...

Lewis
Logan McKenna Arnason Shinnie
O'Connor McLean
GMS May Wright
Rooney

I think there's a fair chance we'll have Considine, Tansey and possibly even Stewart in from the start though.

donsdaft
25-10-2017, 11:32 AM
All the planning will be out the window anyway when Shinnie gets sent off in the fourth minute.

LaMaquina
25-10-2017, 11:39 AM
I think that's a very real possibility. After all the hoo-ha over McLean's performance on Sunday I'm expecting a disciplinarian approach. Wouldn't be surprised to see Shinnie or O'Connor booked very early.

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 11:43 AM
All the planning will be out the window anyway when Shinnie gets sent off in the fourth minute.

For an alleged elbow (mind games/power throw)?

5-0 Dons. McDougall the first four.

donsdaft
25-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Seen it all before.
Considine at Pittodrie was probably the earliest sending off I remember but I also made two trips to Ibrox to watch them getting awarded a penalty after 9 seconds.

Hope it's different tonight.

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 11:50 AM
It's a given we'll be down to ten if we're even before half-time, such are the words of Sister Brenda soon to be of Everton, come back Ronny.

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 11:54 AM
There will be no other non-penalty than McCoist backing into Miller '89, just another and another...

5-0 Dons.

afc1903mad
25-10-2017, 12:00 PM
It's a given we'll be down to ten if we're even before half-time, such are the words of Sister Brenda soon to be of Everton, come back Ronny.

Really.................

Its been 6 games since an Aberdeen player was sent off against Celtic.
Mark Reynolds, for a second yellow in the 87th minute

Prior to that Hayes was sent off in the game where Paul Quinn scored a late winner.

The two previous sending offs where both Celtic players.
Scott Brown in 2014 (albeit he should have been off earlier)
and
Van Dyke, when he pulled down Pawlett on the edge of the box.

So in the last 23 games between Aberdeen and Celtic, both teams have had two players sent off.

Please lets stop with this mythological conspiracy theory

Pacman1903
25-10-2017, 12:03 PM

I think its more a given that we wont have a go

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Really.................

Its been 6 games since an Aberdeen player was sent off against Celtic.
Mark Reynolds, for a second yellow in the 87th minute

Prior to that Hayes was sent off in the game where Paul Quinn scored a late winner.

The two previous sending offs where both Celtic players.
Scott Brown in 2014 (albeit he should have been off earlier)
and
Van Dyke, when he pulled down Pawlett on the edge of the box.

So in the last 23 games between Aberdeen and Celtic, both teams have had two players sent off.

Please lets stop with this mythological conspiracy theory

Statistics are like mini-skirts....

Refer back to the Hoops managers pressurising comments on Sunday's semi-final post match after Stevie 'Animal' May sees red for jumping with stand-in centre half Tierney.

afc1903mad
25-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Statistics are like mini-skirts....

Refer back to the Hoops managers pressurising comments on Sunday's semi-final post match after Stevie 'Animal' May sees red for jumping with stand-in centre half Tierney.

Eh, what are you on about?
you say "It's a given we'll be down to ten if we're even before half-time"
Its not a given.

To think that with lack of examples is simply defeatist of you.

the last time Craig Thomson refereed a match between Aberdeen and Celtic, he did send of an Aberdeen player, yet we won 2-1.
The time before, he sent off a Celtic player and we won 2-1.

I'll happily take a repeat of either ;)

Aldo1983
25-10-2017, 12:32 PM
It's the hope that kills you.

vinnydesalvo
25-10-2017, 12:35 PM
As would I, but it's a given, isn't it?

erchieplum
25-10-2017, 01:53 PM
2-1 the Dandies,Mckenna then Arnasson both heiders .lose one goal second half and survive the customary claims for penalties and free kicks on edge of the box final quarter of an hour.

Don_Corleone
25-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Hoping for a win (believe it is possible!) but would happily take a draw and keep unbeaten run going and put a further point between us and teams below.

Anyone know how quickly the full game replay's likely to be on Red TV? I can't make it to the game and won't be able to watch live - going to try avoid the score and watch it later - don't want to log in too soon and end up seeing the score before I watch it though!

macattack
25-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Team News in People Consi straight back in so Shinne Back in Midfield :( so maybe 4-2-3-1 ?
Lewis
Logan Arnason Mckenna Considine
O'Connor Shinnie
GMS MacLean May
Rooney
Subs Rogers Reynolds Stewart Maynard Wright Tansey Ball

macattack
25-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Lewis
O'Connor
GMS McLean Shinnie May
Rooney

Spot on with the Side Mr_Gieves nae sure if it will be that formation tho think with will match up with smeltic's!

Aldo1983
25-10-2017, 05:45 PM
That's a really slow defence against their pace.

Jupiter
25-10-2017, 05:46 PM
FFS Considine back in. There's 6 defenders in that team.

fatshaft
25-10-2017, 05:55 PM
FFS Considine back in. There's 6 defenders in that team.When the **** is McInnes going to learn? Defending against these ****s is no use. Considine against Rogic is no good. The last three games back four was excellent. wtf are you thinking???

Aldo1983
25-10-2017, 06:00 PM
They have gone cautious as well. Only dembele for them up front.

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Both sides set up for a draw?

macattack
25-10-2017, 06:12 PM
Are smeltic showing us disrespect but arguably not starting with their 1st choice front 3 off Roberts Thumb & Sinclair :O :mad: all on bench oor ex boy on the bench with them

LED
25-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Putting considine straight in is another brainfart from Derek. You cannot game manage Celtic for 90 mins. You do what psg and bayern have done. Play down the wings isolating the thumb or dembele. That way you restrict the chances of giving fouls away round the box and cutting down corners so celtics height isn't can issue.
Hollywood teeth will be happy just to put rogic, roberts or any other little sh!t straight on considines pocket taking him right out if the game.

Jupiter
25-10-2017, 06:25 PM
I hope we're not playing 3 at the back, that never works for us.

Skacel
25-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Putting considine straight in is another brainfart from Derek. You cannot game manage Celtic for 90 mins. You do what psg and bayern have done. Play down the wings isolating the thumb or dembele. That way you restrict the chances of giving fouls away round the box and cutting down corners so celtics height isn't can issue.
Hollywood teeth will be happy just to put rogic, roberts or any other little sh!t straight on considines pocket taking him right out if the game.

Easy then XD

macattack
25-10-2017, 06:59 PM
FFS Considine back in. There's 6 defenders in that team.

& what has he done to both his arms :O

macattack
25-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Great 1 Nil doon :blue:

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 07:00 PM
F***

RedStarTorphins
25-10-2017, 07:02 PM
That's a really slow defence against their pace.

As you were saying.
Milk tanker stuff.
& GMS not in sight when Tierney is at back post.

Mason89
25-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Arnason shouldn’t have been that tight but where the f*ck was GMS?

Piss poor goal

macattack
25-10-2017, 07:10 PM
Dembele should have been booked their for diving :mad:

RedStarTorphins
25-10-2017, 07:11 PM
McInnes has made a c**t of his tactics.
Sitting off.
Rooney or May wide? What a f*cking waste of time.
This will be 3 at least.
We’re just miles behind this lot

irnbru1903
25-10-2017, 07:11 PM
So why no booking for such a blatant dive?

Jussi
25-10-2017, 07:16 PM
mcinnes lost this match from the outset with this team it looks like.

it bad enough giving their players all the space they need , but then we just hoof away any possession.

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 07:23 PM
No pressure on the ball at all.

Mason89
25-10-2017, 07:24 PM
It’s like the league cup final. Sellick are treating it like a training session.

F*cking smash the c*nts!!!

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 07:24 PM
0-2 game over.

macattack
25-10-2017, 07:25 PM
0-2 game over.

Aye all over now :blue:

Herman
25-10-2017, 07:25 PM
bucking follocks.

It better be one hell of a half time talk

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Real lack of urgency. P8ss poor.

andoplzcumbak
25-10-2017, 07:26 PM
This is embarrassing

RedStarTorphins
25-10-2017, 07:27 PM
It’s like the league cup final. Sellick are treating it like a training session.

McInnes getting a tactical spanking
The team getting a horrible lesson
Far too passive
Sitting off them.
Damage limitation already.
That’s us being put in our place.

Mason89
25-10-2017, 07:27 PM
10 days to organise & get them up for this game. A strongly worded half time team talk doesn’t cut it. McInnes f*cked it again

Jupiter
25-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Absolute shiite, I can't be bothered watching any more of this.

irnbru1903
25-10-2017, 07:29 PM
How can DM honestly say we don't rollover for them. We are ****ing pitifully poor. Depressing stuff really.

Jupiter
25-10-2017, 07:31 PM
It's actually worse than the league cup final, we shouldn't be this bad at home.

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Bunch of blouses.

thebeachend
25-10-2017, 07:33 PM
No show as is the normal. Only 2 flatters us. A stroll in the park for Celtic.

macattack
25-10-2017, 07:33 PM
It's actually worse than the league cup final, we shouldn't be this bad at home.

Aye agree utter crap !

Mason89
25-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Looking forward to the ‘we go again’ tweets

I wish they wouldn’t

Jormungand
25-10-2017, 07:34 PM
This just feels like a waste of time. Like, why are we even watching this? What are we doing with our lives?

andoplzcumbak
25-10-2017, 07:35 PM
We're playing like we're scared! Standing a mile off them and giving them all the time in the world! That's how they got their second goal.

RedStarTorphins
25-10-2017, 07:35 PM
10 days to organise & get them up for this game. A strongly worded half time team talk doesn’t cut it. McInnes f*cked it again

Correct.
Limp-wristed pish.
This could get VERY messy.
With 20-30 to go, they’ll bring on Roberts, Sinclair to run at a slow & sh1te defence.
F*ck me.
This could be a horsing

The Trading Sheep
25-10-2017, 07:36 PM

All too easy, never been in it and don't look like getting in it.

Game was lost in "game management" before a ball was kicked

Another game we set out contain them. Its not worked, and its not going to work EVER, so why does McInnes persist with this c*ap?

The Trading Sheep
25-10-2017, 07:38 PM
We're playing like we're scared! Standing a mile off them and giving them all the time in the world! That's how they got their second goal.

The players are doing as he manager asks... sit off and manage the game. Its never worked, why persist with it

irnbru1903
25-10-2017, 07:43 PM
I expect to lose to them which in itself is bad enough given we are the second best team in the league. However I would usually be disappointed by the result given a bad decision has gone against us or we were just not as good as them but so far tonight I am only disappointed in our players who have let us and themselves down badly. Failures every one of them. Mostly disappointed in DM for not having the balls yet again to have a go at them. As someone else said bunch of girls blouses the lot of them.

Confident of a second half turnaround obviously :blue:

RedStarTorphins
25-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Must be one of the slowest starting X1’s for a long time.
No pace.
No “ball carriers” in the team.
We can’t play them with May & Rooney.

thebeachend
25-10-2017, 07:47 PM
No pace.

We're petrified. Zero belief. Should they want they'll put 5 past us. He won't make any changes.

macattack
No pace.

Definate no against them lot

Jupiter
Did Rooney touch the ball in the first half?

thebeachend
25-10-2017, 07:58 PM
celtic triple subs coming up

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Pedestrian - and no ambition.
Wright coming on for Rooney.

RedStarTorphins
25-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Look at the state of Considine FFS!!
If ever a game showed us lacking a left back, THIS is surely it.

macattack
25-10-2017, 08:01 PM
At last a change Rooney off Wright on!

macattack
25-10-2017, 08:02 PM
celtic triple subs coming up

That would just make it a perfect night NOT Jonny to come on and score the 3rd :blue:

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 08:05 PM
0-3

Wrong lineup tonight. Far too defensive.

macattack
25-10-2017, 08:06 PM
As Stephen Craigan just said far too easy !

RedStarTorphins
25-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Just f**k off with your pathetic, gutless tactics.
F**king hopeless.
McInnes lying down to these c**ts.
Yes, they’re too quick, too good.
I get that.
But there’s a way to lose & that’s not it.
5-0 coming up
Let the talk of “challenges” please PLEASE stop
We only embarrass ourselves.

The Trading Sheep
25-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Just f**k off with your pathetic, gutless tactics.
F**king hopeless.
McInnes lying down to these c**ts.
Yes, they’re too quick, too good.
I get that.
But there’s a way to lose & that’s not it.
5-0 coming up
Let the talk of “challenges” please PLEASE stop
We only embarrass ourselves.

Spot on... Game lost before a ball was kicked...

I do chuckle when i hear deluded people talk of a title challenge... What games to you watch?? What squad are you looking at etc...

No fight and thats shocking

irnbru1903
25-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Unfit and slow. An embarrassment to the jersey. Shinnie the only one scraping a point out of ten so far. Made a hundred times worse because you should never be so outplayed at home .... ever.

thebeachend
25-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Craig Gordon thinking he is der kaiser............embarrassing

Stavrum
25-10-2017, 08:15 PM
We have a team to beat 10 out of 11 teams in this league consistently, that's it I'm afraid.

If Celtic decide to turn up, and they did tonight, no one in Scotland can live with them

i personally dont think mcinness got a lot wrong with that selection. I certainly dont think any other combination we picked would of changed the result

Jussi
25-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Right at the very kick off we gave the ball away.
They were never in the frame of mind to think they could compete.
Poor management yet again.

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Maynard on.

Yass

macattack
25-10-2017, 08:19 PM
That would just make it a perfect night NOT Jonny to come on and score the 3rd :blue:
OK Hayes coming on to get the 4th then :blue:

The Trading Sheep
25-10-2017, 08:20 PM
We have a team to beat 10 out of 11 teams in this league consistently, that's it I'm afraid.

If Celtic decide to turn up, and they did tonight, no one in Scotland can live with them

i personally dont think mcinness got a lot wrong with that selection. I certainly dont think any other combination we picked would of changed the result

You are entitled to your opinion, but for me you are well of the mark. Celtic did not have to turn up. They could have put the under 19's out and we would have got pumped. Tactically poor and no fight lost the game today. Losing with no fight is the hardest part to take

irnbru1903
25-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Will Jonny celebrate his goal?

Stavrum
25-10-2017, 08:21 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, but for me you are well of the mark. Celtic did not have to turn up. They could have put the under 19's out and we would have got pumped. Tactically poor and no fight lost the game today. Losing with no fight is the hardest part to take

i do disagree, i think we have worked hard, chased, harried, put in tackles (4 bookings so far tonight for us) but their movement and touch is just a level above.

As the great man just said "We don't often see this in Scotland. It's normally the top teams in Europe that play like this. Celtic have produced a performance that has been outstanding."

TheRealSLYFOX
25-10-2017, 08:23 PM
As soon as I saw Considine on the team sheet, I knew it was game over. DM has had 5 years to find a left back but no we persist with that lumbering oaf.

Mason89
25-10-2017, 08:26 PM
As soon as I saw Considine on the team sheet, I knew it was game over. DM has had 5 years to find a left back but no we persist with that lumbering oaf.

He has to give Harvie a shot.

The Trading Sheep
25-10-2017, 08:29 PM
i do disagree, i think we have worked hard, chased, harried, put in tackles (4 bookings so far tonight for us) but their movement and touch is just a level above.

As the great man just said "We don't often see this in Scotland. It's normally the top teams in Europe that play like this. Celtic have produced a performance that has been outstanding."

How many bad tackles? just the one.

Who's the great man? we are crap, pure and simple. Never close to being in the game. No fight and happy to be second to everything... Disgraceful, we made Celtic look good, simple as that

irnbru1903
25-10-2017, 08:30 PM
The only bright spot tonight has been Scott Wright and it is a sad indication of DM's ambitions that he would rather start Considine ahead of him. Flair player missing (Christie) stick on a shot to **** carthorse as replacement. Worked out well DM.

Jupiter
25-10-2017, 08:30 PM

Shinnie should always be left back

TheRealSLYFOX
25-10-2017, 08:31 PM
He has to give Harvie a shot.

If Harvie is worse than Considine then he should put his CV into MacDonalds tomorrow.

RedStarTorphins
25-10-2017, 08:31 PM

I don’t disagree with the gist of it, but my complaint is the way we let them run over us.
The tactics & attitude were woeful.
Barely put a tackle in

Mason89
25-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Only thing missing tonight was Rodgers bringing on Christie for a wee run out

thebeachend
25-10-2017, 08:36 PM
craig gordon made more passes than any Dons player tonight. Caker for Celtic

Jupiter
25-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Cheerr up guys, Kilmarnock have equalised against Sevco and Jack sent off again.

andoplzcumbak
25-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Well that was a big bag o sh!te

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Only thing missing tonight was Rodgers bringing on Christie for a wee run out

Yup - we've sold out to the tims.

Jormungand
25-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Can't even be happy about the huns conceding: we are forever stuck in the limbo of second place, with no-one close to us on either side. It's isolation the likes of which Kierkegaard spoke of.

EintrachtFrankfurt
25-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Yup - we've sold out to the tims.

2nd place is as good as it gets Im afraid. A lot of our players dont have the courage to stand up to Smeltic.

irnbru1903
25-10-2017, 08:40 PM
No excuses for such a poor display. Letting those smug ****s have the run of our ground hurts big time and be sure we let them. No blowing smoke up their arses like the weejia we were rank and that is the story of that game. No positive spin from DM is really believable anymore.

Hairdrier
25-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Not sure tonight was the game to bring Considine back into the side. Slowed everything down. McInnes showing his credentials/tactical nous for the next Scotland manager.

foreveradon
25-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Bloody embarassing
Mcinnes taking back considines says it all

Scotty1985
25-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Bloody embarassing
Mcinnes taking back considines says it all

For me one of our biggest problems is lack of pace in the team.

Jonny Hayes used that to skin folk and get balls in the box for Rooney last season.

At the minute you look through the team

Arnason, O’Connor, May, Considine, Rooney, McLean.

In my opinion they are all slow and it showed tonight. GMD has pace but I think he’s too scared to do anything! He is half the player he was at Utd.

Celtic have loads of pace and in Scottish football that is key to winning a lot of games.

Combine that with Mcinnes terrible shape and we were on a hiding to nothing.

Aldo1983
25-10-2017, 09:12 PM
There is only two players we have had over the last few years that could have won it for us tonight. Both are Celtic players. Scottish football is ****ed for us and everyone else.

rico94
25-10-2017, 09:17 PM
That was pathetic,total powder puff performance we could have a least shown Celtic they were in a game.We sat off them more than we did in the league cup final.In fact I have seen better performances against Celtic under Skovdhal which says it all.

I thought McInnes said the players were up for this game,it didn't look that way to me.Celtic didn't have to come out of 2nd gear.

I knew he was going to put Considine straight back in the team,still got the lead boots on I see.

awafaehame
25-10-2017, 09:19 PM
That was pathetic,total powder puff performance we could have a least shown Celtic they were in a game.We sat off them more than we did in the league cup final.In fact I have seen better performances against Celtic under Skovdhal which says it all.

I thought McInnes said the players were up for this game,it didn't look that way to me.Celtic didn't have to come out of 2nd gear.

Agree 100%

Jussi
25-10-2017, 09:21 PM
For me one of our biggest problems is lack of pace in the team.

Jonny Hayes used that to skin folk and get balls in the box for Rooney last season.

At the minute you look through the team

Arnason, O’Connor, May, Considine, Rooney, McLean.

In my opinion they are all slow and it showed tonight. GMD has pace but I think he’s too scared to do anything! He is half the player he was at Utd.

Celtic have loads of pace and in Scottish football that is key to winning a lot of games.

Combine that with Mcinnes terrible shape and we were on a hiding to nothing.

Yes, tempo & intelligent movement is the key to playing well. Teams that at least try that give Celtic a game.
Our management are not clever enough to choose the correct formation.
Nor do they train what we do have to get the best out of them IMO

Like other have said, seeing considine on the teamsheet kind of said it all.

rico94
25-10-2017, 09:26 PM
How many bad tackles? just the one.

Who's the great man? we are crap, pure and simple. Never close to being in the game. No fight and happy to be second to everything... Disgraceful, we made Celtic look good, simple as that

He is talking about Willie Miller he said that on radio,I have to disagree with him there if you let them pass the ball around in defence and then let them run straight through midfield without even attempting to tackle them they are gonna look better than they actually are.

Landvetter83
25-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Easily one of the most miserable 90 minutes I've witnessed in over 45 years following the Dons.

rico94
25-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Yes, tempo & intelligent movement is the key to playing well. Teams that at least try that give Celtic a game.
Our management are not clever enough to choose the correct formation.
Nor do they train what we do have to get the best out of them IMO

Like other have said, seeing considine on the teamsheet kind of said it all.

I noticed before the 2nd half kicked off Considine and O'Conner ran up to Hayes as he was walking off the pitch after his halftime warm up and hugged him.Surely they could have left the buddy routine until the end of the game and stayed focused on trying to get us back in the game,with that sort of attitude it's no wonder we were so pysh.

sheepcrooky
25-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Agree with everything said. Line up showed how scared we are of Celtic. Shinnie should always be left back to give us balance. Put Tansey in midfield from the start to replace Christie and play with width and energy.

Celtic were good tonight, but it was like a training session for them.

Only highlights were McKenna punting Dembele into the South Stand and getting my “Red Final” from Pacman.

Pacman1903
25-10-2017, 09:50 PM
I left with 18 minutes to go (go on top reds tell me I'm sh@t). Not something I'm in a habit of doing but it wasn't the fact we were getting beat because I fully expected it. I left because of the manner of the defeat. It was a disgrace.

I said on here we wouldn't have a go. Low and behold we didn't even come close. Going to a pigs game full of trepidation is part and parcel of being a Dons fan these days

McInnes sh@t it again. Playing Considine was a catastrophic error not because we have been good without him and he shoehorned him in, because Rodgers is no fool and can see a week link to exploit and he does this time and time again with Considine yet McInnes played him. Utterly foolish from the manager

We started right in their faces from KO until about the 5th minute then stopped. Why was this. Were they instructed to do so? It was baffling the way it just stopped

We were getting nowhere fast with our attacking options absolutely anonymous. Was anything changed, was it f@ck and once a team is down 2-0 to them there is no hope

Was there any attempt to tighten the defence. Was there f@ck

Did GMS or Rooney do anything, did they f@ck and were both sh@te and were on the park far too long.(they weren't alone but it stifled us going forward)

Boyata was given the freedom of Aberdeen tonightmaking him look like Beckenbauer and a lot of their moves started there. Was anything done. Was it f@ck

No for the standing off tactic. It has been proven that we cannot do that against those c@nts, tonight was way worse than the League Cup final. We were obliterated at home and were made to look utterly useless. Its not f@cking good enough. Why oh f@cking why does he try this time and time again

If teams continue to turn up v them in that manner they will be invincible for a long time yet. Which unfortunately I fully expect

Not one of our outfield would get in their team. Lewis could oust Gordon and that's it.

Tonight is a prime example of why McInnes is still our manager

Now to sink some sorrow beers

Pacman1903
25-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Only highlights were McKenna punting Dembele into the South Stand and getting my “Red Final” from Pacman.

Pleasure doing business min

Feck_the_Huns
25-10-2017, 09:53 PM

I knew he was going to put Considine straight back in the team,still got the lead boots on I see.

Spot on assesment

rico94
25-10-2017, 09:56 PM
That was like first team v schoolboy terms.

And not even their first 11. Fit's the fine for a forfeit? Be as well just saying here's the 3 points & lets save abdy the bother.
And this is as good as it gets (or has been for 20 years apparently say the happyclappers)? Sack that.

Sad thing is, I'm nae even in the slightest angry...

The only way I think it could be possibly worse tonight would be if I was still stuck out in west hill waiting for a shuttle bus.

Br0chred
25-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Right I'm as pissed off as everyone else but folk need to get a grip. Whatever team we would have had out would have been slower than theirs. We did press them at the start of the game, but once they got their fluke of an opener it Was a different game. All this having a go at Considine, as well? The goals weren't his fault. If Shinnie was at left back we would have been even more overrun in midfield.I don't think we should have started with Rooney but folk will say thats being too defensive.
C'mon FFS we weren't good but when have we been this year?
My usual moan about the BitB. Arneson, Mc Kenna Considine & O'connor booked only McKenna was justified . Ref gave us F all

Pacman1903
25-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Right I'm as pissed off as everyone else but folk need to get a grip. Whatever team we would have had out would have been slower than theirs. We did press them at the start of the game, but once they got their fluke of an opener it Was a different game. All this having a go at Considine, as well? The goals weren't his fault. If Shinnie was at left back we would have been even more overrun in midfield.I don't think we should have started with Rooney but folk will say thats being too defensive.
My usual moan about the BitB. Arneson, Mc Kenna Considine & O'connor booked only McKenna was justified . Ref gave us F all

Canna agree min. We stopped pressing long before the goal which got their tails up and they then scored.

Considine was targeted on at least 3/4 of their moves. Brenda knows hes not good and not a LB and he also knows Hayes isn't there to mop up now making attacking him a must. How many moves went past him and ended up in the box. He was flat footed far too much including their 3rd where Dembele out jumped him completely. He was rank

If Shinnie was in at LB Tansey could have been in CM. I would much rather have had this

As for the ref aye hes a w@nk but it did nothing to change the outcome of this humiliation

Feck_the_Huns
25-10-2017, 10:18 PM

The ref was sh1te, I'll give you that.

The rest of your post? You could argue that we don't posses the players to hurt Sellic but to simply accept, right from the kick off (not after their 1st goal) that we cannot compete with them either really hacks me off.

I'm watching a rerun of the game on BT Sports right now and the 1st goal? Arnie gets exposed, Logan and GMS went to sleep and allowed Tiernay all the time in the world.

we are not getting the best out of Stevie May
DM does not trust Greg Stewart.

Scotty1985
25-10-2017, 10:21 PM

Thing is after about 15 minutes you could see our players were struggling with Celtic’s shape. Clearly we weren’t expecting them to play 3 at the back and it left everyone not knowing whether to close Celtic’s players down or stand off them.

This is where the manager needs to alter things and use a bit of tactical nous. Rooney should have been off and Tansey should have gone into the midfield to match them. McInnes should have just put his hands up early and changed it whilst we were 1-0 down. He hummed and hawed and waited until the post match conference to tell us what he should have done in the game

I agree we would still have probably lost because they are better than us but we surely have to set up the best way we can to challenge. Hibs did it at parkhead and almost pulled it off.

Pacman1903
25-10-2017, 10:28 PM
I agree we would still have probably lost because they are better than us but we surely have to set up the best way we can to challenge. Hibs did it at parkhead and almost pulled it off.

St Johnstone too

Br0chred
25-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Canna agree min. We stopped pressing long before the goal which got their tails up and they then scored.

Considine was targeted on at least 3/4 of their moves. Brenda knows hes not good and not a LB and he also knows Hayes isn't there to mop up now making attacking him a must. How many moves went past him and ended up in the box. He was flat footed far too much including their 3rd where Dembele out jumped him completely. He was rank

If Shinnie was in at LB Tansey could have been in CM. I would much rather have had this

As for the ref aye hes a w@nk but it did nothing to change the outcome of this humiliation
We'll have to agree to disagree. If Shinnie wasn't in midfield what little pressing there was would have been non existent and they would have passed all round us.
Considine wasn't the reason we lost look more at the otherwing where Mackey Steven doesn't mark/run with his man.
gave up pressing long before the goal???? It was in the 13th minute So long before is what? 3-5 minutes in your view.

LED
25-10-2017, 10:56 PM
Easy then XD
No but it mskes their job alot harder. Tonight was too easy because we never asked any questions of them.
They basically do three things against us every time under Hollywood teeth. He puts roberts or forrest as a shadow to considine. Spreads his back 3 or 4 as wide as he can from the keeper and builds from the CH. And at corners if he is allowed too he has all of his players except the keeper in our half

Pacman1903
25-10-2017, 11:05 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree. If Shinnie wasn't in midfield what little pressing there was would have been non existent and they would have passed all round us.
Considine wasn't the reason we lost look more at the otherwing where Mackey Steven doesn't mark/run with his man.
gave up pressing long before the goal???? It was in the 13th minute So long before is what? 3-5 minutes in your view.

Aye everyone has opinions. I said we only pressed for 5 minutes. It was a good start and bizarre the way it just stopped after 5 minutes.

Its all maybes but if Shinne was left back maybe they wouldn't have been hitting a high percentage of balls into our left back area. And if Tansey was midfield we would have had the same as what Shinnie gave us. We don't know but what we do know is, we would have had two players in correct positions without a square peg

GMS was sh@te though. We can agree on that

Br0chred
25-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Thing is after about 15 minutes you could see our players were struggling with Celtic’s shape. Clearly we weren’t expecting them to play 3 at the back and it left everyone not knowing whether to close Celtic’s players down or stand off them.

This is where the manager needs to alter things and use a bit of tactical nous. Rooney should have been off and Tansey should have gone into the midfield to match them. McInnes should have just put his hands up early and changed it whilst we were 1-0 down. He hummed and hawed and waited until the post match conference to tell us what he should have done in the game

That's a fair point that we should have changed the team earlier but presumably that would have meant taking off Rooney or Mackey Steven - our "goal threat" when we are already chasing the game. For what it's worth I would have packed the midfield

KIWIRED
25-10-2017, 11:37 PM
I think we have been humiliated tonight, albeit by a better team
We are the home team we should be out there fighting for everyball. Alas not

Yes,you can give Celtic some respect, but as a player and manager you keep that to yourself don't show the opponents any respect on the field or you will suffer for it

just get stuck in, hassle them at every opportunity

But we didn't lift a finger, no controlled aggression

That's why we are suffering tonight

Rochead
26-10-2017, 12:12 AM
The management team got it badly wrong. At this level Celtic are good but they are not that good, we gave them the opportunity to look better than they are, we stood so far off at times that it looked like we were playing with eight men, the room they were allowed gave them the time to stroke the ball about. Tonight it was like a replay of the PSG vCeltic game, we are the only team at domestic level this season to make them look that good. 0-3 scoreline flattered us.

Sidney77
26-10-2017, 12:32 AM
For me it was the LC Final all over again, though marginally worse. Stand off them wholesale, give run of two thirds of the pitch and get picked off.
LC Final goals were 16, 37 and 64 mins. Eerily similar to tonight too.

blowupsheep
26-10-2017, 03:10 AM
only one thing to say about that "fit a heap oh pesh"

donsdaft
26-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Aye everyone has opinions. I said we only pressed for 5 minutes. It was a good start and bizarre the way it just stopped after 5 minutes.

Its all maybes but if Shinne was left back maybe they wouldn't have been hitting a high percentage of balls into our left back area. And if Tansey was midfield we would have had the same as what Shinnie gave us. We don't know but what we do know is, we would have had two players in correct positions without a square peg

GMS was sh@te though. We can agree on that

We pressed for 5 minutes?
I must have missed that bit, all I remember is us sitting in our own half inviting them to come and score.

GMS is total p'ish

rico94
26-10-2017, 09:12 AM

The starting 11 and formation could have been different and we would have still lost, if he played Tansey instead of Rooney people would have moaned about him not having the balls to go with May and Rooney against Celtic.

In the 2 home games last season he tried,

3 pacey forwards in McGinn,Hayes and Burns to stretch their defence, we lost 1-0.

The big striker in Stockley to hold the ball up, we lost 3-1.

The only only thing similar to those 2 games and last night is he instructed his players to sit back against them,you can play whoever you want and whatever formation you want but if you are going to let them pass the ball around and not close them down you are going to get beat.

I wish someone in the media would ask him what he thinks he is going to achieve playing like that against Celtic, when he has tried it so many times and it has never worked.