PDA

View Full Version : Stadium tour

Exiledvillan
24-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Hi folks, has anyone done the stadium tour? Am flying over on thursday-monday with the young Villan, We’re doing the tour friday, be my first time on the hallowed turf (legally ;D ). Just wondering if anyone had any idea if they let you have photos with the EC? Oh, and is it as good as we are hoping it to be?

afoxy52
24-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Hello Exiled yes I’ve done the tour & you will be able to have your photo taken with old big ears (E Cup) as I have done
The tour takes in dressing rooms, directors box,pitch & dug out, board room , Holte Pub & more.
I was lucky to meet Ken Mcnaught,Tony Morley & Brian Little who spoke to the touring party after our lunch
You & the young un will certainly enjoy it
UTV

Exiledvillan
25-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Thanks for that Foxy, sounds brilliant. Knowing our luck we'll be met by Steve Hodge and Simon Fecking Stainrod.
Thanks again mate.
UTV
Onwards n Upwards

Exiledvillan
01-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Tour was brilliant thanks Foxy, the young Villan loved it almost as much as me. No stars or former stars on show and the ‘82 lounge’ was closed due to a conference. Got photos of us with the Trophies and the changing rooms. The tunnel was the best bit, we all lined up and walked out onto the pitch with the entrance fanfare music blasting, and I mean BLASTING!!!! Goosebumps all over and I could feel myself welling up with emotion, and in that moment I shed a tear I’m afraid.
Got to sit in SBs chair in the press conference room and sat in Dr Xs matchday ‘heated’ seat.
It truly is a magnificent stadium, and for a Villa fan it’s magical. I’ve done Madrid and Barca and they’re very nice, impressive stadiums, all very high tech. But this place brought me to my emotional utopia.
Home is where the heart is I suppose.
UTV