25-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Here we go again Rosie

1. Stan ‘the wham’ Lynn
2. John Sleewuenhoek
3. Trevor Hockey
4. Geoff Vowden
5. Malcolm Beard

Saw them all play with the exception of Stan Lynn +
I’ll never forget Vowden’s goal against Bournemouth in the old third division & of course Andy Locheads winner, over 48,000 rammed into Villa Park that day unbelievable!
🦊
UTV

VillaRosie
25-10-2017, 08:59 PM
I’ll never forget Vowden’s goal against Bournemouth in the old third division & of course Andy Locheads winner, over 48,000 rammed into Villa Park that day unbelievable!
🦊
UTV

5/5 Well done Foxy. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Rammed is the right word match had started when we finally got in. No delaying kick off in those days. 😡

I remember Bournemouth taking the lead with Ted MacDougall’s flying header.

Tragically both John Sleeuwenhoek and Trevor Hockey passed away at the age of 45 and 43 respectively.

afoxy52
26-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Hi Rosie
I seem to remember Slogger passing away but I was unaware of Hockey going,both of them at such a young age too.
Slogger was one of my favourite players when I first started going to Villa Park unfortunately like a few others he turned to the dark side.
I still have fond memories of him playing alongside Tindall,Deakin,Wright,Sims possibly Sidebottom as well if my memory serves me right & of course the legendary Charlie Aitken a good footballer & a lovely man who I’ve had the great pleasure to have met

Keep up the good work with your quizzes & I’ll try & hold fire & not jump in to soon with my answers
🦊
UTV

stateside
26-10-2017, 12:01 PM
I was at the Witton end for the Bournemouth game. Ted McDougall's flying header was one of the best goals I ever saw at Villa Park. As disappointed as the fans were by the goal thousands of fans spontaneously applauded the effort.

afoxy52
26-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Yes Statesy a cracking goal it was,I think many Villans thought the writing was on the wall after that went in,but the old lion really started to roar after Vowdens equaliser
Btw McDougall’s strike partner Phil Boyer wasn’t a bad player either together they tore up quite a few defences between them
🦊

UTV

bongosdad
26-10-2017, 01:10 PM
How on earth do you lot know those players? I'm lost post Ron Atkinson era.

afoxy52
26-10-2017, 01:41 PM
Served my time Bongo old pal this is my 55th season & my 4th relegation talk about highs & lows
🦊
UTV