PDA

View Full Version : McInnes, that was p!sh

awafaehame
25-10-2017, 09:12 PM
I am sure its covered in the other threads, but absolutely raging at this tonight.
We had a back four that conceded nothing in our last three games, yet we shoe horn in Andy Considine for tonight.....

Derek was this for a fvcking laugh????

Considine was always going to be ripped a new airse against the tims, as he has time and time again, so why change a solid back four to accommodate him???? He's hardly Roberto Carlos!!!

Can't believe why we didnt replace Christie, for lets say, another MIDFIELDER?????

The hun job will be up for grabs soon, if you want it Dek, I can drive you when I am home on my time off. Shocking.:mad:

sonofrgmsdad
25-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Fair enough we took a bit of a spanking and lost three terrible goals - give aways really - but they weren't all Considine fault. His other defenders also were poor at the goals.

However we can always take some solace in Jack getting sent off, scum getting a penalty late into injury time, missing it and Killie going up the park to equalise to piss in Pedro's pot. Leaving us still 5 points clear of them.

Dulls the pain of this evenings result just a tad.

awafaehame
25-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Fair enough we took a bit of a spanking and lost three terrible goals - give aways really - but they weren't all Considine fault. His other defenders also were poor at the goals.

However we can always take some solace in Jack getting sent off, scum getting a penalty late into injury time, missing it and Killie going up the park to equalise to piss in Pedro's pot. Leaving us still 5 points clear of them.

Sorry but a brand new team drawing at home doesnt make our pathetic attempt of a performance any better.
We were miles off the pace, you would have thought it was us that had played three games in a week, not them.

How can teams like Dundee give them a harder game than us?

McInnes record against them is shocking, he sets us up wrong nearly every time, and although all three goals werent directly down to considine (I will play along as I believe he was skinned for them all) why change the back 4?

Feck_the_Huns
25-10-2017, 09:28 PM

I'll sit somewhere in the middle!

Listen, Sellic are a fantastic footballing side and even at our very very best, we'd struggle to take anything off them.

However, right from the 1st whistle, as soon as the Sellic defenders got on the ball, we have everyone back on the halfway line, inc Rooney and May? GMS more or less playing right back? So their central defenders can stroll up the park as far as they want, unchallenged. That was a shambolic tactical formation, even worse than the League Cup Final. 18K Dons fans can deseradly feel cheated tonight, cannot understand why McInnes would line us up like that.

Ok, we're up against a very good side but its clear that DM still doesn't know his best side and is equally clear he is tactically naive. As mentioned, why bring Considine back into the side? Leave Shinnie where he is at left back.

I've never bought into this myth that we are a better team this season. Hayes and McGinn would have at least asked questions of the Sellic full backs tonight, GMS never did, and who was playing left mid for us tonight, Considine? Clear that DM doesn't trust/rate Stewart, hardly played the last 4 or 5 games

DM never fails to surprise you, I'll give him that.

sonofrgmsdad
25-10-2017, 09:41 PM
How can teams like Dundee give them a harder game than us?

I don't disagree that we were poor tonight. McInnes seems to want to play a euro away game tactic against them. Doesn't seem to work.

But to suggest the Smelly team that plays against Dundee is the same as the Smelly team that played us tonight is wrong. You have to give Smelly credit for playing very well.Their players were clearly up for the game against their nearest rivals. Their effort and focus against us was stronger than when they play against the lesser teams in the league. We still haven't worked out how to match them at their best. They don't need to be at their best in most games in Scotland. But they do raise their game when we play the,m. That is credit to us but we do need to learn to play against their greater effort when they play us.

P.s. the scum aren't even the third best team in Scotland at the minute. That is pleasing even if we are down about our own limitations.

57vintage
25-10-2017, 09:50 PM
All of that, except Logan was skinned for the second goal, so you can hardly blame Considine.

I am off out to sacrifice a rat to send to Craig Thomson. The man isn't even attempting to disguise his utter arseholery any more.

Pacman1903
25-10-2017, 09:58 PM

Doesn't dull it for me. I'm f@cking fuming

RedStarTorphins
25-10-2017, 10:09 PM

Listen, Sellic are a fantastic footballing side and even at our very very best, we'd struggle to take anything off them.

However, right from the 1st whistle, as soon as the Sellic defenders got on the ball, we have everyone back on the halfway line, inc Rooney and May? GMS more or less playing right back? So their central defenders can stroll up the park as far as they want, unchallenged. That was a shambolic tactical formation, even worse than the League Cup Final. 18K Dons fans can deseradly feel cheated tonight, cannot understand why McInnes would line us up like that.

Ok, we're up against a very good side but its clear that DM still doesn't know his best side and is equally clear he is tactically naive. As mentioned, why bring Considine back into the side? Leave Shinnie where he is at left back.

I've never bought into this myth that we are a better team this season. Hayes and McGinn would have at least asked questions of the Sellic full backs tonight, GMS never did, and who was playing left mid for us tonight, Considine? Clear that DM doesn't trust/rate Stewart, hardly played the last 4 or 5 games

I don’t think we’re as good as last year.
We’re so much slower than last year, mainly out wide.
GMS is ineffective
I’m not sure Wright is ready or good enough
Stewart certainly isn’t but what option do we have?
We have no pace at all in the forward areas.
And FFS Considine at left back. Just no more. Please.
I’d give Harvie a go rather than Considine.

Feck_the_Huns
25-10-2017, 10:28 PM
I don’t think we’re as good as last year.
We’re so much slower than last year, mainly out wide.
GMS is ineffective
I’m not sure Wright is ready or good enough
Stewart certainly isn’t but what option do we have?
We have no pace at all in the forward areas.
And FFS Considine at left back. Just no more. Please.
I’d give Harvie a go rather than Considine.

Lets be clear about this, it could, and probably should, have been 5-0 tonight. I'm watching a rerun on BT Sport right now and tactically, its even more shambolic than I recalled being at the game.

Noticed on the match thread about folk saying some AFC fans expect us to challenge Sellic in the league. Well, I don't know anybody who thinks that way. But, surely we can expect to go nose to nose with them in any given league tussle. Obvioulsy not.

Craig Thomson gave us fcuk all tonight.

Rooney and May together don't work, in the same way thar Rooney and Goodwillie didn't work, or Rooney and Stockley. Why the fcuk play them both and provide **** all width?

fairliered
25-10-2017, 10:28 PM
I can accept that Smelly have better players than us. I can’t accept our inept tactics.

Pacman1903
25-10-2017, 10:30 PM
I can accept that Smelly have better players than us. I can’t accept our inept tactics.

Nailed it

deedon
25-10-2017, 10:53 PM
All of that, except Logan was skinned for the second goal, so you can hardly blame Considine.

I am off out to sacrifice a rat to send to Craig Thomson. The man isn't even attempting to disguise his utter arseholery any more.

Criticism of Consi's general pishiness, often masks the fact that Logan can be equally pish.

25-10-2017, 11:12 PM
One of the most inept, passionless performances I've ever seen from an Aberdeen team. No fight, consigned to defeat before the game started. continuously punting high balls to May when Boyata is literally about 7ft tall and swept up everything with ease... I don't mind getting beat if we've had a go, but we were utter pish, clueless and let them stroll around like it was a training match. Pissed off

KIWIRED
25-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Very very disappointed with tonights result. I expected and demanded a better performance.
Yes Celtic are the best side in Scotland no doubt about that however, we are the next in line but no fight tonight
You would think the Dons would come out of the traps all guns blazing .... but no
We back down at very opportunity, not one player seems up for it. Shocking attitude

Quickly move on, we need to get points total going starting on Saturday
Newco are in turmoil, we need to keep ahead and win the 2nd place prize and the cash.

Keep the faith Dons fans

TheRealSLYFOX
26-10-2017, 12:11 AM
Selecting Considine sends the message to the team that we are defending. At this level psychology makes all the difference. The players aren't stupid when they are told the team and Considine is in it they must think "oh feck" its backs to the wall again is it?

Aldo1983
26-10-2017, 05:29 AM
Playing players in positions or roles that aren't suited to them grates my...

Rooney is asked to chase their defence and the laddie works hard at it. He's no pace though so hes blowing out his arse and then it begins to open a gap.

May is wasted as well.

RedStarTorphins
26-10-2017, 05:46 AM
Selecting Considine sends the message to the team that we are defending. At this level psychology makes all the difference. The players aren't stupid when they are told the team and Considine is in it they must think "oh feck" its backs to the wall again is it?

The thing is, it was entirely predictable.
I & a few others predicted that starting X1
The manner of the defeat grates the worst.

Pathetic, standing off them.

The two cup finals showed a “right” way & a wrong way to lose against them.

Part of the problem is we just don’t have the pace & fitness to play the right way.
Folk like May, Rooney, GMS don’t “press”, they don’t have the fitness or speed to do that.
To play Rooney & May wide is a waste of a short.
To play them both was wrong.

We must be one of the slowest X1’s in the league.

blowupsheep
26-10-2017, 07:33 AM
I am not standing up for or defending Considine here, but I would like to ask why is he the only one being classed as sh!te here when it was Arnason that was skinned for the first goal, it was logan who was worse than sh!te and got the p1ss taken out of him leading to the 2nd, and every single aberdeen player was truly atrocious for the 3rd including Lewis as his positioning was shambollic, but yet some folks chose to single out Considine in typical classic aberdeen "fans" style, there is always one player who gets picked on more than others..... why oh why I shaks ma heed.
That last night was worse than the league cup final from last year and every single one of them are as much to blame as each other, including DM and TD right through the ranks, fkn pissed off at the lot of them, but I wont just single out one man or one player, its a team effort and our team deserved to be thrashed. Hope they can pick themselves up for the Ross Coonty game at the weekend, massive three points up for grabs there and lets start to focus on cementing second spot again....... smelly will win the league in a canter again this season I think we all know that,

Stand Free!!!

Jussi
26-10-2017, 08:00 AM
I think we are kicking ourselves for believing all the hype that we are second best.

we are more rightly said, least of the worst. for now anyway

We've been pretty poor in quite a few games this season.

IMO The sad thing is that only newco can level the playing field somewhat. Once they get their act together.
The authorities are unable (& unwilling) to have initiative to come up with any solution to the inequality that has existed for decades now

InversneckieDob
26-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Number of factors here.
Firstly, domestically, we are raselick's biggest football match.
The nonsense around a Sevco game......well and good, but they all know that we're the biggest game.
The gap between us and them, resource wise, is akin to between them and PSG or Bayern.
So when raselick are right up for it, we're p1ssing into the wind.
There's ways and means to get competitive, but the reality is when they're at the top of their game we haven't a chance......and neither does any other Scottish team. The difference is they're always focussed against us......cos it matters.

Sad reality of modern day fitba.
The raselick fans, small minded parochial shower, won't care......well, until after they win ten in a row.
Then they'll get bored......only their annual European Cup @ss raping to look forward to.

I don't know what the answer is......we can slag our players, our tactics, the reality is only one team in Scotland wouldn't take McInnes in a heartbeat, only one team in Scotland, mebbe two, wouldnae take Consi at left back, only one team in Scotland wouldnae take Shay at right back.........etc. etc.

And it's nae just Scotland, same all over.

Jussi
26-10-2017, 09:14 AM
I don't know what the answer is......we can slag our players, our tactics, the reality is only one team in Scotland wouldn't take McInnes in a heartbeat, only one team in Scotland, mebbe two, wouldnae take Consi at left back, only one team in Scotland wouldnae take Shay at right back.........etc. etc.

I think thats says more of the paucity of resources in scottish teams, asdide from Hibs & Hearts
average crowds outside of them are around average 5K & thats being very generous.

Id' say It's not the same all over . Not in the same degree.

Scotland is pretty unique as far as level of inequality.

The chasm between Celtic & the rest is grand canyon scale compared to other countries.

Take Spain , there a more teams than Real & Barcelona who have very decent squads & do well in Europe.

Cant really think of any country worse than ours in this respect.

rico94
26-10-2017, 09:22 AM

McGinn and Hayes played against the tims last season and never asked questions of their full backs, I seem to recall folk saying McGinn was pysh in all the games against Celtic last season including the SC final where we at least had a go at them.

Stupie82
26-10-2017, 09:23 AM
We cant take anything away from Celtic, they are a very good team and they will win the treble at a canter.

We had May chasing down 4 defenders, with Rooney half assing it through the game. Did he even touch the ball? He was on the left most of the game, floating around but making little impact, even covering for Considine when he decided to push forward. On Considine, he was awful. He wasn't the only one, granted, but he was shoehorned into a team that defensively had done very well recently. Kenny McLean was woeful, he made a run late on the second half and I actually turned to mate and said that I forgot McLean was even on the park.

Boyata must have had the easiest game of his life and was allowed acres of space and time to push forward. Scott Brown ditto, the only one challenging him was Shinnie.

We just didn't push up and close them down like we did in the cup final. Im a huge McInnes fan, but his tactics were shocking and his post match interview was a kick in the s****s to say the least. He admitted that we got a footballing lesson, but other teams who have been woeful this season have done much better. While I don't expect to beat Celtic, I expect at least a decent effort.

They are a very, very good side, but we made them look world class last night. I'm very worried that mentally we just fold against them and its proving so almost every time we play them now. It could have been 6 or 7 last night. Realistically, I expected to lose , but not in that manner we did and its that manner that sticks in my throat. The lack of input into the Northern Lights before kick off showed the fans weren't expecting much, but by Christ they didn't half prove us to be right. I lacked so much enthusiasm before this game, because I knew we wouldn't be up for it. Joint top, 20k+ in the ground, game on TV, chance to prove the doubters wrong... it was typical of us to play in that manner and they always let the fans down. We just haven't got the right mentality at all and that sadly is McInnes fault as much as the players. If you cant motivate them for a game like that, when can you.

Rochead
26-10-2017, 09:33 AM

Spot on.
Other teams with allegedly inferior players can give them a game, we don’t, down to the inept way our guys are sent out to play them.
Surely after playing them so many times our management should have learned something? Apparently not.

Mason89
26-10-2017, 09:36 AM
How can you learn from it, if you know it all already?

8outoftencaat
26-10-2017, 09:46 AM
We all know that there is a huge gulf in financial terms between the teams and that because of this they will be able to sign a better standard of player. That is not an excuse for not putting up a proper fight on the pitch and a proper tactical battle when it comes to the managers and their systems.

I don't blame the players for last night to be honest. I think they all put in an honest shift but were always going to be chasing shadows because of the way that we were lined up from the start.

Celtic having pace and creativity coming from the wide areas immediately tells me that Considine cannot play there. The knowledge that our own team is devoid of pace meant that we had to come up with something different. We also needed to limit the space for Rogic to drift into and to avoid isolating our centre halves against Dembele or Griffiths if he had played. We knew their only weakness was at the back.

3-5-2 (or a 5-3-2) depending how you look at it is/was the answer. Arnason/McKenna/Reynolds or Considine at the back. Shinnie and Logan wing backs. O'Connor/McLean and Tansey in the middle with Rooney and May up front.

The 3v1 at the back allows the insurance of an extra man sweeping as well as narrowing gaps for Dembele. It also allows additional cover for Logan and Shinnie in the wider areas without leaving Dembele free. The 3 in midfield match up against theirs and reduce Rogic's space. 2 up front presents them with more of a problem defensively and minimises the chance of them playing through us from the back.

Guess what?! All our players are then playing natural positions.....it would have more chance of restricting them......we might have actually made a game of it!!!

What irks me even more is that he stuck with his bizarre system throughout...could have changed it straight away by taking off GMS and bringing on Tansey...why stick with something that blatantly isn't working?!

P.S. Don't anyone tell me that our players cannot play a 3-5-2/5-3-2. They are professional footballers and its the coaches and managers job to set them up properly in a system that gives us the best chance of getting a result.

blowupsheep
26-10-2017, 10:00 AM
I don't blame the players for last night to be honest. I think they all put in an honest shift .

Absolute bollox

Pacman1903
26-10-2017, 10:01 AM
Absolute bollox

I agree

8outoftencaat
26-10-2017, 10:07 AM
I agree

Ok then. Who didn't try? I'll give you GMS maybe but I honestly don't think it was down to players lack of effort. As I said, and the main jist of my thread, it was because of the formation that we struggled more than anything.

We were lop sided and had players running off our men and behind them.

Mason89
26-10-2017, 10:09 AM
I got the impression that showbiz teeth lining up 3 at the back, put 10 days worth of preparation out the window.

Pacman1903
26-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Ok then. Who didn't try? I'll give you GMS maybe but I honestly don't think it was down to players lack of effort. As I said, and the main jist of my thread, it was because of the formation that we struggled more than anything.

We were lop sided and had players running off our men and behind them.

GMS was terrible, Rooney was terrible and looked like he decided he could be assed with the chasing sh@t(managers fault) Kenny McLean gave up on a lot, a couple of goal kick in the first half where he just let the defender sheild it out without even half a tackle going in.

You cant be serious to say that everyone put in an honest shift

But yeah the formation and manner of the defeat is McInnes all the way.

Still f@cking fuming

Mason89
26-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Board meeting at Iprix to discuss the managers position

Last night showed McInnes the limitation of his management & the team under him. Might be time to jump ship. He doesn’t want to leave it too late :)

8outoftencaat
26-10-2017, 10:36 AM
GMS was terrible, Rooney was terrible and looked like he decided he could be assed with the chasing sh@t(managers fault) Kenny McLean gave up on a lot, a couple of goal kick in the first half where he just let the defender sheild it out without even half a tackle going in.

I am not saying that any of our players were any good but I don't think their efforts in the game were any less than usual - some of their effort in other games are lamentable too. The main point is that I think the formation made it well nigh impossible for them to have any positive effect on the game.

Think our midfield was run ragged and for the life of me I will never understand asking Rooney to do anything other than play within the width of the opposition 18 yard box!

rico94
26-10-2017, 10:49 AM
It's a waste of time picking out players who were shyte last night,none of them had a good game.

The formation and team selection was wrong but professional footballers should be able to get the basics right,the set pieces we did get for example were woeful,and it wasn't the same player who was taking them a few of tried and were as bad as the previous guy.

Pacman1903
26-10-2017, 11:08 AM
At the end of the day, the way they tore us to bits at will as if we were a man down and continued to do so means the tactics were f@cking sh@te and there was a lack of tactical nous cleary visible as he would have at least tried to sort it

Feck_the_Huns
26-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Number of factors here.
The nonsense around a Sevco game......well and good, but they all know that we're the biggest game.
The gap between us and them, resource wise, is akin to between them and PSG or Bayern.
There's ways and means to get competitive, but the reality is when they're at the top of their game we haven't a chance......and neither does any other Scottish team. The difference is they're always focussed against us......cos it matters.

The raselick fans, small minded parochial shower, won't care......well, until after they win ten in a row.
Then they'll get bored......only their annual European Cup @ss raping to look forward to.

I hear you Sneckie, but, how were we able to live with them in season 2015/16? Its too simplistic to say they had a sh1te manager then.

Nobody expects to lift the league title, unless that person is high on drugs. But on any given day, we should be able to at least give them a challenge, esp at home. 14 hrs later and I'm still fizzing about last night's "showing".

I think we have had a poor summer recruitment policy, scattergun approach; signing guys like Greg Stewart who do not fit our system. Signing Stevie May then playing him wide left, or up front on his own. That shows a tactical and strategic failing by our manager. We miss McGinn and Hayes massively, of that there is no doubt, but did DM sign Stewart and GMS as their replacements?

If he wanted to continue with the same approach as per pervious seasons, then those two will never lace their predeccesors boots and therefore DM should have signed more appropriate players.

If he wanted a different approach to fit those two players in, and Stevie May, then why hasn't he switched to 4-3-3?

I'm not for one minute suggesting we dump DM, but last night was 100% down to him, as was the Mwell debacle in the cup.

In summary, poor summer transfer policy and subsequent strategy, but in the meantime, I'd move to a 4-3-3 and better utilise the players we have, at least try and smooth over the mistakes that have been made. Get Shinnie and Logan supporting GMS and Stewart/Wright in the wider areas

Stupie82
26-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Board meeting at Iprix to discuss the managers position

Last night showed McInnes the limitation of his management & the team under him. Might be time to jump ship. He doesn’t want to leave it too late :)

I think thats wishful thinking on your part XD. His inability to defeat Celtic will be the sole reason why he wont get the job. He would inherit a worse team than he has now, though the likelihood is he would get money to spend. That is of course he could even make it to the end of the season. The huns expect instant success and no matter who comes in, it will never happen.

rico94
26-10-2017, 11:25 AM
The problem is we have a chairman who has no ambition what so ever of challenging Celtic, he is quite happy that we are playing for best of the rest so even if McInnes goes he is never going to look for a manager who will be able to challenge them.As some have said before we are Celtics bitch and that comes from our chairman.

You have to give him some credit for managing to convince 11000 of us to buy season tickets for a competition we are never going to win.

Pacman1903
26-10-2017, 11:29 AM
I hear you Sneckie, but, how were we able to live with them in season 2015/16? Its too simplistic to say they had a sh1te manager then.

Ok then they had a sh@te manager and Derek took the game to them in those days.

15 points gap at the end of the season though

donsdaft
26-10-2017, 11:40 AM
If we lose we lose.
How we lose is the problem.

Sitting with 11 players in your own half waiting for them to attack you is just f'uckin s'hite.

GMS looked like he was s'hiteing himself, should never have been on the park.

Pass marks to Lewis, Arnason, McKenna and Shinnie.

I would probably have given McKenna our man of the match.

Pacman1903
26-10-2017, 11:40 AM
^^^^^^

For attempting to smash Dembele alone

87kilos
26-10-2017, 11:42 AM
Number of factors here.

Absolute horse manure. Every team in Scotland knows to attack Considine and put a pacey player in him. It's glaringly obviously he is the weakest link in the side. He gets dragged left right and centre and is constantly found wanting.

Quite confident that every other team bar two wouldn't touch him either.

87kilos
26-10-2017, 11:49 AM
We cant take anything away from Celtic, they are a very good team and they will win the treble at a canter.

We had May chasing down 4 defenders, with Rooney half assing it through the game. Did he even touch the ball? He was on the left most of the game, floating around but making little impact, even covering for Considine when he decided to push forward. On Considine, he was awful. He wasn't the only one, granted, but he was shoehorned into a team that defensively had done very well recently. Kenny McLean was woeful, he made a run late on the second half and I actually turned to mate and said that I forgot McLean was even on the park.

Boyata must have had the easiest game of his life and was allowed acres of space and time to push forward. Scott Brown ditto, the only one challenging him was Shinnie.

We just didn't push up and close them down like we did in the cup final. Im a huge McInnes fan, but his tactics were shocking and his post match interview was a kick in the s****s to say the least. He admitted that we got a footballing lesson, but other teams who have been woeful this season have done much better. While I don't expect to beat Celtic, I expect at least a decent effort.

They are a very, very good side, but we made them look world class last night. I'm very worried that mentally we just fold against them and its proving so almost every time we play them now. It could have been 6 or 7 last night. Realistically, I expected to lose , but not in that manner we did and its that manner that sticks in my throat. The lack of input into the Northern Lights before kick off showed the fans weren't expecting much, but by Christ they didn't half prove us to be right. I lacked so much enthusiasm before this game, because I knew we wouldn't be up for it. Joint top, 20k+ in the ground, game on TV, chance to prove the doubters wrong... it was typical of us to play in that manner and they always let the fans down. We just haven't got the right mentality at all and that sadly is McInnes fault as much as the players. If you cant motivate them for a game like that, when can you.

You see what you're forgetting to factor in is that Celtic need to "up their game" against us now and when they get that extra gear we don't get close. They may be a wee bit more lethargic against the likes of Dundee as they know that they have that wee bit extra quality which is usually enough to get them across the finishing line. Maybe we should see it as a compliment.

Celtic we're superb last night. It was a lesson for us.

We still need a bruiser in midfield or at least someone who can get the ball and put his foot on it. Shinnie must go back to left back. Defense looks so much more solid and settled with Shinnie at left back. The uncertainty and panic appears again once Considine is introduced.

rico94
26-10-2017, 11:54 AM

Nobody expects to lift the league title, unless that person is high on drugs. But on any given day, we should be able to at least give them a challenge, esp at home. 14 hrs later and I'm still fizzing about last night's "showing".

I think we have had a poor summer recruitment policy, scattergun approach; signing guys like Greg Stewart who do not fit our system. Signing Stevie May then playing him wide left, or up front on his own. That shows a tactical and strategic failing by our manager. We miss McGinn and Hayes massively, of that there is no doubt, but did DM sign Stewart and GMS as their replacements?

If he wanted to continue with the same approach as per pervious seasons, then those two will never lace their predeccesors boots and therefore DM should have signed more appropriate players.

If he wanted a different approach to fit those two players in, and Stevie May, then why hasn't he switched to 4-3-3?

I'm not for one minute suggesting we dump DM, but last night was 100% down to him, as was the Mwell debacle in the cup.

In summary, poor summer transfer policy and subsequent strategy, but in the meantime, I'd move to a 4-3-3 and better utilise the players we have, at least try and smooth over the mistakes that have been made. Get Shinnie and Logan supporting GMS and Stewart/Wright in the wider areas

McInnes was chopping and changing the formation at the start of the season and everyone was moaning that he should stick to the same formation.He is playing with 2 strikers and everyone is moaning they cant play together yet the same folk were moaning that he only ever plays with one striker.

I agree it was down to him last night but the whole formation/team selection thing seems to be whatever he does he is going to get stick for it.

There seems to be a thing now with McGinn and Hayes, especially McGinn, where people are thinking that we are badly missing them yet for nearly the entire time he was here he got as much abuse as the likes of GMS and Stewart are getting.

I thought McGinn was a great player for us and stuck up for him many times on here, but he played in his fair share of performances like last night which usually resulted in folk coming on here telling everyone they would bin him.

8outoftencaat
26-10-2017, 12:04 PM
I certainly think McInnes has done a decent job here. We are certainly more consistent and certainly nae as shambolic as we were under previous managers in our recent history. He is far from perfect though and I think last night showed this once again.

Does anyone else find it fascinating that he has only really been linked with the Sunderland job? All these Championship jobs that have come up over the past few years and he hasn't been anywhere near getting them or even been mentioned in the bookies odds. Seems obvious to me that he is not as highly rated as some would think.

The Huns would be about his best option or the Scotland job. But I don't think he would get either to be honest, so we are stuck with him and will have to accept that we will roll over in these games because Milne will never get rid.

Don't get me wrong, we are way better than before he came but I find such defeats unacceptable when we don't even have a go.

kigoretrout
26-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Just depressing. Thought we might have had a wee chance but not to be. Why oh why did Rooney start? If we were to press Celtic high up the park he was certainly not the man to do it. Can understand why Shinnie was put into midfield but poor old Conso struggled as per. Particularly without Hayes to help him by doubling up. Also without someone like Hayes we had no real outball. Logan's defensive deficiencies are always exposed against Celtic. Building our team around a player ineligible to play against Celtic always had potential to slap us in the face. I genuinely feel that Hibs are in a better position to take second place this season. They look to have a good cohesive midfield.Something I believe we have never really had.Brenda is a smug little ..... Bringing Hayes on just smacked of rubbing our noses in it.

Anyhoo onwards and upwards !

irnbru1903
26-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Would not say our players did not try last night but they did look slow, unaware of each others position, very poor at passing, incapable of playing as a team and worryingly unfit and lethargic. Most of these explained by the fact they shat it big time .... big eyes in the headlights yet again and if this is not the case as DM would like to have us believe then we are a much worse state than I thought.

Our best player is a smelly player which says a lot about the ambition of those in charge. Happy to be second (at best) and grateful for the scraps from our lords and masters. Sickening.

InversneckieDob
26-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Absolute horse manure. Every team in Scotland knows to attack Considine and put a pacey player in him. It's glaringly obviously he is the weakest link in the side. He gets dragged left right and centre and is constantly found wanting.

Quite confident that every other team bar two wouldn't touch him either.

Well, nae on the basis of what I've seen, but each time their own.

Aldo1983
26-10-2017, 02:10 PM

But yeah the formation and manner of the defeat is McInnes all the way.

Still f@cking fuming

Rooney wasn't half arsed, he's just continuely asked to do a job he's not suited to and thats chasing defenders down. He's a poacher, nothing more, nothing less. Having someone as slow as him chasing defenders down means the opposition gets to move the ball about and open up a gap. It's not Rooney's fault, it's DM's fault.

Pacman1903
26-10-2017, 02:20 PM
As i said managers fault

Stupie82
26-10-2017, 02:22 PM
You see what you're forgetting to factor in is that Celtic need to "up their game" against us now and when they get that extra gear we don't get close. They may be a wee bit more lethargic against the likes of Dundee as they know that they have that wee bit extra quality which is usually enough to get them across the finishing line. Maybe we should see it as a compliment.

Celtic we're superb last night. It was a lesson for us.

We still need a bruiser in midfield or at least someone who can get the ball and put his foot on it. Shinnie must go back to left back. Defense looks so much more solid and settled with Shinnie at left back. The uncertainty and panic appears again once Considine is introduced.

I realise that they do up their game against us, but lets not forget they had Griffiths, Sinclair and Roberts sitting on the bench. They weren't even at full strength and we still got absolutely nowhere near them last night. That's not down to just superiority or upping their game, it's because tactically we were a shambles against a weakened strength Celtic. Anyone in the ground could see within first 10 minutes that we were setup wrong. When you are making Boyata look world class, you know something is amiss.

sancho_panza
26-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Our best player is a smelly player which says a lot about the ambition of those in charge. Happy to be second (at best) and grateful for the scraps from our lords and masters. Sickening.

We can have all the ambition in the world, the reality is we're never going to win the league barring some kind of monumental John Barnes-style f**k up by Celtic. If they're even competent, far less good (as they currently are under Rodgers) we have no chance.

I was annoyed about last night, but I don't consider Celtic to be playing in the same competition as us. It's like watching a heavyweight boxer fight a middleweight who has one hand tied behind his back. They don't deserve any credit for beating us given the lack of financial parity (e.g. their ability to sign our best player and leave him to rot on their bench) and now we've got it out of the way we can get back to watching proper football between two teams that are on a semi-level playing field.

Aldo1983
26-10-2017, 02:46 PM
I realise that they do up their game against us, but lets not forget they had Griffiths, Sinclair and Roberts sitting on the bench. They weren't even at full strength and we still got absolutely nowhere near them last night. That's not down to just superiority or upping their game, it's because tactically we were a shambles against a weakened strength Celtic. Anyone in the ground could see within first 10 minutes that we were setup wrong. When you are making Boyata look world class, you know something is amiss.

He knew what McInnes was going to do and due to their resources he was able to put out a team that would tactically be superior. McInnes is tactically inpet and always has been, very one dimensional. I hoped that when he signed the new batch of players he would be able to mix things up. Instead he's now playing May in a position that will take the edge off his game.

87kilos
26-10-2017, 08:10 PM
He knew what McInnes was going to do and due to their resources he was able to put out a team that would tactically be superior. McInnes is tactically inpet and always has been, very one dimensional. I hoped that when he signed the new batch of players he would be able to mix things up. Instead he's now playing May in a position that will take the edge off his game.

Tactically inept? We're you in Groningen?

irnbru1903
26-10-2017, 11:19 PM
We can have all the ambition in the world, the reality is we're never going to win the league barring some kind of monumental John Barnes-style f**k up by Celtic. If they're even competent, far less good (as they currently are under Rodgers) we have no chance.

I was annoyed about last night, but I don't consider Celtic to be playing in the same competition as us. It's like watching a heavyweight boxer fight a middleweight who has one hand tied behind his back. They don't deserve any credit for beating us given the lack of financial parity (e.g. their ability to sign our best player and leave him to rot on their bench) and now we've got it out of the way we can get back to watching proper football between two teams that are on a semi-level playing field.

Nobody is talking about winning the league but winning a one off game against them especially at home is not an unreasonable ambition surely? As I said considering we are the supposed second best team in Scotland our record against them is embarrassing for all the players and management involved ..... despite their final superiority. Beaten before we even kick a ball and that is our fault.

64syrupofjarvie
26-10-2017, 11:47 PM
3 at the back with Honey monster and Keiran "Bale" filling in when we feebly attempted to pressure them up the pitch was not in DM's book of tactics.... Completely flummoxed when we should have been hitting Biton every time he got the ball from Gordon!

EintrachtFrankfurt
27-10-2017, 08:05 AM

He has been shown to be tactically naive shall we say against the Dhims in the last couple of seasons, I dont see that changing anytime soon.

Jussi
27-10-2017, 11:19 AM

We were all over the place v Apollon in Europe - this season.

we have won a single cup in all the time he has been here , but have blown numerous opportunities that were there for the taking.

afc1903mad
27-10-2017, 11:39 AM
We were all over the place v Apollon in Europe - this season.

we have won a single cup in all the time he has been here , but have blown numerous opportunities that were there for the taking.

The same Apollon Limassol who we beat at Pittodrie, yet they drew with Everton at Goodison and drew with Lyon at home

Jussi
27-10-2017, 11:49 AM
The same Apollon Limassol who we beat at Pittodrie, yet they drew with Everton at Goodison and drew with Lyon at home

nice straw man there

What has their being a decent side got to do with the useless tactics we employed in our away match.

Celtic are a decent side out tactics against them were woeful.

Mr_Grieves
27-10-2017, 05:31 PM

Were you at the Kairat and Maribor home legs when we didn't attack them enough ?

Were you at the semi-finals against St Johnstone and the jutes when he was unable to change tactics when we were getting outplayed late on ?

Aldo1983
27-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Were you at the Kairat and Maribor home legs when we didn't attack them enough ?

Were you at the semi-finals against St Johnstone and the jutes when he was unable to change tactics when we were getting outplayed late on ?

Those semi finals were horrific.

Br0chred
27-10-2017, 07:11 PM
I love all the Fergies on the board coming on and telling us now tactically naive McInnes is. Does nobody remember how rank we were before he took over? Do these tactical experts have any explanation how McInnes and his tactical ineptitude have been able to win so many games?
Christ we have a decent manager for tne first time in decades and folk seem to be happy for him to go to the hun. Unbelievable!

Mason89
27-10-2017, 07:14 PM
It’s mainly because the league got much weaker.

Jussi
27-10-2017, 07:58 PM
I Do these tactical experts have any explanation how McInnes and his tactical ineptitude have been able to win so many games?

I have an explanation:

When players play for you. You're 90% home & dry. Come up against decent teams or ones with astute manager's & you're goosed if you have not that extra 10%.
McInnes dunt have that x =10% ,namely tactics.

Look back on our previous managers they all ' lost the dressing room' didn't they.

The Fergie ppl you mention , me included, remember how games are changed by clever tactics, something we've never seen from McInnes. (unless you hark back to gronnigen perhaps, someone mentioned. Christ how long ago was that.:P)

IMO

Mr_Grieves
27-10-2017, 08:23 PM
McInnes has done a good job here but its wrong to suggest that somehow he's reached a glass ceiling or he is irreplaceable. Having a bigger budget due to us being debt free for the last 3 years has definitely helped him.

It proves just how bad our previous managers were when simple things McInnes has introduced like improving our scouting system and bringing in Graham Kirk have helped so much. Remember how much hamstring injuries we used to have under Craig Brown ?

rico94
27-10-2017, 08:53 PM
I get the feeling once McInnes goes the guys that don’t rate him will look back and realise that he was actually quite good.A bit like the guys who pissed and moaned about McGinn and are now going on about how much they miss him.

Apart from mason of course who said from day one he simply didn’t like him.

sheepcrooky
27-10-2017, 09:10 PM
I get the feeling once McInnes goes the guys that don’t rate him will look back and realise that he was actually quite good.A bit like the guys who pissed and moaned about McGinn and are now going on about how much they miss him.

I’ve never been his biggest fan, but I do appreciate where we are now, from where we were before him. Was it 9th three years in a row?

He has been unfortunate in having the strongest Celtic side possibly ever, on the flip side though, Huns, Joots, HIV’s and mini-Huns hsve collectively been at their worst for many many a year. The return of one league cup in his tenure is poor. Fans (unless you’re a Joot) don’t get excited being runners up and the odd 4 or 6 games in Europe. Fans of AFC get excited about winning trophies.

My worst fear of McInnes leaving is he may take Sevco to a position of strength from their current laughing stock.

The last time we got the runners-up treble, we lost our manager and got in some young kid from St. Mirren as I remember, deja vu ?

xtrmntr75
27-10-2017, 09:33 PM

Apart from Paul Mason, who did Mason ever like? ;)

Br0chred
27-10-2017, 09:55 PM
It’s mainly because the league got much weaker.

Well the league is "stronger" now and McInnes is still giving us a winning team despite losing his two most creative players and other 1st team starters from last season. I dont think it is impossible that we couldn't get a better replacement when McInnes leaves just highly unlikely. If he goes to the hun, I have no doubt they will all of a sudden start to be a better team. F. knows who we will get but it's highly unlikely he'll get the same results as McInnes

Br0chred
27-10-2017, 10:13 PM
I’ve never been his biggest fan, but I do appreciate where we are now, from where we were before him. Was it 9th three years in a row?

He has been unfortunate in having the strongest Celtic side possibly ever, on the flip side though, Huns, Joots, HIV’s and mini-Huns hsve collectively been at their worst for many many a year. The return of one league cup in his tenure is poor. Fans (unless you’re a Joot) don’t get excited being runners up and the odd 4 or 6 games in Europe. Fans of AFC get excited about winning trophies.

My worst fear of McInnes leaving is he may take Sevco to a position of strength from their current laughing stock.

The last time we got the runners-up treble, we lost our manager and got in some young kid from St. Mirren as I remember, deja vu ?

If you look at our history one trophy in 4 years is pretty successful!
I think given the circumstances we could have won more but hey ho we haven't. I don't think that is a reason to be saying McInnes has been a failure as he is one of the few managers to get us a trophy.
The last manager to be runners up in everything was God and his departure signalled(apart from one league cup) 20 years of overspending and complete misery.

Br0chred
27-10-2017, 10:32 PM
I have an explanation:

When players play for you. You're 90% home & dry. Come up against decent teams or ones with astute manager's & you're goosed if you have not that extra 10%.
McInnes dunt have that x =10% ,namely tactics.

Look back on our previous managers they all ' lost the dressing room' didn't they.

The Fergie ppl you mention , me included, remember how games are changed by clever tactics, something we've never seen from McInnes. (unless you hark back to gronnigen perhaps, someone mentioned. Christ how long ago was that.:P)

IMO

We all have our own opinions and I accept that is yours. However I think you are just way off the mark. If he has no clever tactics, how has he won so many games? How have all these other managers not been able to get the better of him consistently? Is it just possible that he is a good manager who if he hadn't been up against a team with ten times+ our budget and with a bit of luck night have won more.

Mason89
27-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Bit of luck? Was it bad luck that lost those semis? Was it bad luck he put a team of right backs out at Easter Rd?

Br0chred
27-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Bit of luck? Was it bad luck that lost those semis? Was it bad luck he put a team of right backs out at Easter Rd?

It was bad luck he had that cnut McLean as a ref against the pjms. You could say it was bad luck Stevie May had a storming 45 minutes or we hadnt scored more in the first half, but I think we both know I'm on a loser trying to discuss the merits of McInness with you

Mason89
27-10-2017, 10:54 PM
That’s very true :)

rico94
27-10-2017, 11:12 PM
We all have our own opinions and I accept that is yours. However I think you are just way off the mark. If he has no clever tactics, how has he won so many games? How have all these other managers not been able to get the better of him consistently? Is it just possible that he is a good manager who if he hadn't been up against a team with ten times+ our budget and with a bit of luck night have won more.

Good post min,McInnes is by no means a brilliant manager as Wednesday showed but love him or hate him he is going to go down as one of our best managers.