PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for DM

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

blowupsheep
28-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Think this merits a thread of its own.
If we are to believe all the bookies who now all have installed DM at odds-on to be the next hun manager, then sadly its a strong possibility that the writing is on the wall.

Who should we go for as a replacement IF this sh1t does happen and DM leaves for castle grey skull?

Wiggy could do a lot worse than to start chatting with Davie Moyes, but his fist chat will probably be with Tommy Wright

Sure there will be many more opinions out there but the above is mine.

Stand Free !!!

Whatever happens, onwards and upwards COYR

Feck_the_Huns
28-10-2017, 07:14 AM
Think this merits a thread of its own.
If we are to believe all the bookies who now all have installed DM at odds-on to be the next hun manager, then sadly its a strong possibility that the writing is on the wall.

Who should we go for as a replacement IF this sh1t does happen and DM leaves for castle grey skull?

Wiggy could do a lot worse than to start chatting with Davie Moyes, but his fist chat will probably be with Tommy Wright

Sure there will be many more opinions out there but the above is mine.

Stand Free !!!

Whatever happens, onwards and upwards COYR

Jack Ross for me.

Would have considered Hartely or Archibald once upon a time.

But it will be Tommy Fcuking Wright. Hoofball anti football, currently being made fashionable by Steve Robinson cos he recently turned over us and Sevco. Welcome to the dark ages

Aldo1983
28-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Moyes will be desperate for a job soon enough. He will need a platform for a "better" job.

Jack Ross for me but only issue would be he's had a significantly bigger budget at both alloa and now St Mirren.

Still can't see the Huns going for DM. Easy option for them.

Getintaethem
28-10-2017, 07:46 AM
I would consider Graham Potter personally. He got Ostersunds FK promoted 3 times since 2011 and got into the group stage of Europa at their first attempt - something we have still not done. They get on average 6K supporters at home.

Assistant is Billy Reid who knows Scottish Football and should, in my book, be rated above Alex Neil as it was he that laid the foundations of the team and club Alex Neil took over.

Pretty sure Ostersunds would beat the current Aberdeen team.

donsdaft
28-10-2017, 08:23 AM
I had to look up Graham Potter.

Yes, why not.

Would he be interested in Aberdeen?

The club that first made Alex Ferguson famous..... yes there's a fair chance.

Getintaethem
28-10-2017, 08:32 AM
I had to look up Graham Potter.

Yes, why not.

Would he be interested in Aberdeen?

The club that first made Alex Ferguson famous..... yes there's a fair chance.

According to Transfermarket - their squad value is less than Aberdeen's and just look at Group J here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/europa-league/table

Pacman1903
28-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Stuart Baxter

donsdaft
28-10-2017, 09:11 AM
According to Transfermarket - their squad value is less than Aberdeen's and just look at Group J here:

That'll do

Mason89
28-10-2017, 09:12 AM
I’d be quite happy with someone that leaves two up for corners

DonVincenzo (The II)
28-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Pointless thread im afraid. Im sure you will see soon enough

Aldo1983
28-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Pointless thread im afraid. Im sure you will see soon enough

It would help he actually came out and said he won't be their next manager.

afc1903mad
28-10-2017, 10:44 AM
I would consider Graham Potter personally. He got Ostersunds FK promoted 3 times since 2011 and got into the group stage of Europa at their first attempt - something we have still not done. They get on average 6K supporters at home.

Assistant is Billy Reid who knows Scottish Football and should, in my book, be rated above Alex Neil as it was he that laid the foundations of the team and club Alex Neil took over.

Pretty sure Ostersunds would beat the current Aberdeen team.

Yep, called it on the other thread.
Potter would be my first choice.
Then Jack Ross
Finally Sheerin / Robson.

Hairdrier
28-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Ross from St Mirren - history repeating itself would be good.
Wright from St Johnstone - he's won the SC with them and has arguably done a better job than McInnes.

Robson would be a good internal promotion - we really need to be better developing our own players,
getting them into the 1st team and looking more to the long term, rather than taking folk on loan that
we can't play / or aren't up to it.

If Rangers come calling McInnes will be gone.

Feck_the_Huns
28-10-2017, 11:25 AM
I’d be quite happy with someone that leaves two up for corners

I’d be quite happy with someone that doesn't pull everyone back to their own half at Pittodrie as soon as the Celtic goalie gets the ball.

Mek
28-10-2017, 11:27 AM
I dont think he'll go to them now. They are far too much a cluster**** for him and until they get their back room stuff sorted out thats a toxic chalice no respectable manager will want.

Imo.

EintrachtFrankfurt
28-10-2017, 11:34 AM
As long as Milne isnt doing the selecting, his past record is crap and thats what worries me the most, if McInnes does go to the hun.

LED
28-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately the three candidates I would have liked, Stevie Clark, owen Coyle and Stuart Baxter all have clubs now.
To be honest I don't think Derek will go to Ibrox and in truth I don't think he will be approached. According to reports it would cost Sevco upto 2 million to get Derek and Doc away from us and signed upto them. They don't have that money for a manager who will only get them to 2nd at best over the next 3 years.

Mason89
28-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Radio Scotland saying Derek’s a rangers supporter!?

I’ve read for years on here he’s a Morton fan :D

fatshaft
28-10-2017, 01:55 PM
To be honest I don't think Derek will go to Ibrox and in truth I don't think he will be approached. According to reports it would cost Sevco upto 2 million to get Derek and Doc away from us and signed upto them. They don't have that money for a manager who will only get them to 2nd at best over the next 3 years.
Sportsound saying they will definitely ask permission to speak to McInnes this week. It's going to be a long week

Jussi
28-10-2017, 02:22 PM
. They don't have that money for a manager who will only get them to 2nd at best over the next 3 years.

They must rake in around £1Million every home game - at least.
@ say an average £20 per ticket x 50K
Not to mention any other merchandise , thats anything colored blue in the shops.
& They probably have a fair income from NewcoTV also.

They have plenty money , it's just been wasted recently.

Jupiter
28-10-2017, 02:45 PM
We should have the same rule as Italy where managers aren't allowed to manage more than 1 club in a season.

don_in
28-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Not to mention any other merchandise , thats anything colored blue in the shops.

The last reported figure I saw for hun season tickets was 43,170 and that is not a final figure.

That money is long since spent and they're reliant on directors to help meet the salary obligations each month. They have the potential to have money, but they have serious cash flow problems at the moment.

Even if they could dig out seven figures to get McInnes, how much would they have left to adjust the squad in January?

thebeachend
28-10-2017, 03:39 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41774039

RedStarTorphins
28-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Sportsound saying they will definitely ask permission to speak to McInnes this week. It's going to be a long week

He’s contracted for 3 years.
We could easily tell them to GTF.

My guess is that Milne & DM gave an understanding that he’s allowed to talk to any club that ask permission to.

I fear that the writing is on the wall though.

The huns should be made to lay up front in one go, no instalments from that lot.

To quote Fergie, I wouldn’t sell that mob a virus.

LED
28-10-2017, 04:35 PM

I don't know where you get the 1 million every home game. They have spent all season ticket money for this season already. They had to give pedro half a million to get rid of him. They are still paying for McMoist and the breadman is still due his compensation. Added to that Pedro's signings are on anything from 12k to 42k a week and there are 8 of them.

LED
28-10-2017, 04:40 PM
What they actually said is they would contact Aberdeen to find out how much it would be to make McInnes their next manager. They could easily bulk at that figure.

Hairdrier
28-10-2017, 04:48 PM
His contract won't in any way stop a move to them and it shouldn't be allowed to turn into a dispute.
Hopefully the board won't fanny about finding a sensible replacement if he goes.

Mason89
28-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Suppose we’ll find out how much money the Huns have got next week. I can’t exactly see Milne playing hardball with them though.

theram1975
28-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Strachan looking for another job yet?

Landvetter83
28-10-2017, 04:59 PM
I have a feeling Stewart Milne will refuse an unwelcome Sevco approach for McInnes rendering this thread unnecessary.

Mason89
28-10-2017, 05:07 PM
I have a feeling Stewart Milne will refuse an unwelcome Sevco approach for McInnes rendering this thread unnecessary.

Derek’s reaction to that scenario would be very interesting. He’ll probably have something in his contract anyway to prevent that from happening

Pacman1903
28-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Lets see what happens early this week. I dont have a clue whats going to happen. I see why he might but i also see why he wouldnt.

Pacman1903
28-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Anyway fits Ossie Ardilles up to these days

Hairdrier
28-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Milne can attempt his dance of the 7 veils if they come calling for permission to speak with McInnes but it won't make any difference if he wants to go there. Money is involved.

28-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Milne will see it as a way of reducing his costs and think he'll get someone in cheaper than Mckinnes.....as for his manner of negotiation, he's never held out for any decent payment for a player, so would expect him to cave in quickly if it is on the cards.

Hope he doesn't go to the huns, but if they wave a big enough cheque who knows.... will also hurt us playing them twice in a few days at the end of November. Could easily see us losing those two games against a Mckinnes organised hun team.

RED_JOHN
28-10-2017, 06:02 PM
What's Steve Clarke doing these days? :P

When McInnes goes I want a more attack minded manager who doesn't revert to defensive tactics especially at home during bigger matches. I honestly think Neil Lennon could add something to our team under his management. I don't care about his history etc as my concern is improving on what we have at the moment.

Feck_the_Huns
28-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Thankfully, Tommy Wright's reputation continues to fall.

Great timing

If McInnes goes to Mordor and therefore returns here in December with Sevco for the league game, will the same lamebrained half witted tubes who clapped Hayes on to the park last week do the same with McInnes?

RedStarTorphins
28-10-2017, 06:58 PM

I don’t think he will refuse them.
My guess is that when DM signed his contract in the summer, there will have been a gentleman’s agreement that if a club wanted to speak with him (& agreed the compensation) then he’d let him do that.

For what it’s worth, I reckon he’ll be approached & if DM gets as far as talking to them, he’ll go.
I think Sheerin & Robson will be caretakers for Accies away, then we’ll have the international break to appoint a new manager.

Sadly I think Milne will go for an uninspiring choice between Adams, Wright, McLeish.
But timing is against Adams & Wright
Adams is bottom League 1 & Wright’s hoofball has given St Johnstone 400+ minutes without a goal.

For what it’s worth, I’d be looking at Jack Ross maybe.

xtrmntr75
28-10-2017, 07:26 PM
There may well be a figure in Deek’s contract that triggers his release but I’d like to think it was for departures to an English club. We’ve paid out hundreds of thousands in recent years for managers. We can’t sell ourselves short.

redrowie
28-10-2017, 07:54 PM
McInnes isn't daft. He's refused them once. He is after a bigger gig. In the event that it turns out he actually is daft then get Steve Clarke from Kilmarnock. Pay them the £500 compo.

kkong
28-10-2017, 10:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BiOeMW8.png

kkong
28-10-2017, 10:32 PM
Of course the 20% VAT which forms part of these ticket prices is seldom mentioned.

Not that the Huns paid any VAT or PAYE.

Pacman1903
29-10-2017, 10:13 AM
What's Steve Clarke doing these days? :P

When McInnes goes I want a more attack minded manager who doesn't revert to defensive tactics especially at home during bigger matches. I honestly think Neil Lennon could add something to our team under his management. I don't care about his history etc as my concern is improving on what we have at the moment.

Driving home last night listenening to Off The Ball speaking about McInnes potentially leaving and I thought "Neil Lennon would be a great replacement".Historys history. We may need a new manager this week and he ticks a lot of boxes

neilthedon
29-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Driving home last night listenening to Off The Ball speaking about McInnes potentially leaving and I thought "Neil Lennon would be a great replacement".Historys history. We may need a new manager this week and he ticks a lot of boxes

Pacs min ??!! That reads like a huns post . Expecting ANY manager to jump at the chance of handling the Mighty Aberdeen.

Lennon is at Hibs. A club with a better ( ready fixed ) ground , a better average attendance than us . A better RECENT record in the Cups than us , and he can sign any Ex Celtic player he wants at will. It seems. So probably as big a player budget ? Crikey , his palyers even have a better chance of playing for Scotland than ours !!!

( Besides, he thinks we throw cups of coca cola at him !!! )

Pacman1903
29-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Pacs min ??!! That reads like a huns post . Expecting ANY manager to jump at the chance of handling the Mighty Aberdeen.

Lennon is at Hibs. A club with a better ( ready fixed ) ground , a better average attendance than us . A better RECENT record in the Cups than us , and he can sign any Ex Celtic player he wants at will. It seems. So probably as big a player budget ? Crikey , his palyers even have a better chance of playing for Scotland than ours !!!

( Besides, he thinks we throw cups of coca cola at him !!! )

Im nae saying it would ever happen. Im saying i reckon he would do a good job if he was our manager and id forget the history if it ever happened Thats all.

I actually dont think Derek will go anyway

RED_JOHN
29-10-2017, 11:11 AM

I don't think they will ask about Del. £1.5m for McInnes? :O I will drive him there myself for that!

Rougvierocks
29-10-2017, 11:55 AM
What about David Moyes? Out of work for a while now, did reasonably well at Everton, unlucky at Man Utd. Is he worth a look?

RedStarTorphins
29-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Im nae saying it would ever happen. Im saying i reckon he would do a good job if he was our manager and id forget the history if it ever happened Thats all.

I disagree.
Leaving aside the mess that SEVCO are in, I think DM will think;

- I might not get another chance to go there
- AFC are at a glass ceiling maybe?
- he is a fan of the club
- if he turns them down, the orcs would never want him ever again.

My prediction is DM will be gone by midweek.
Sheerin & Robson will be caretakers for Accies game
We’ll have a new manager by the time the international break is done.

Pacman1903
29-10-2017, 12:27 PM
What about David Moyes? Out of work for a while now, did reasonably well at Everton, unlucky at Man Utd. Is he worth a look?

Up his own arse walloper

Aldo1983
29-10-2017, 12:39 PM
I disagree.
Leaving aside the mess that SEVCO are in, I think DM will think;

- I might not get another chance to go there
- AFC are at a glass ceiling maybe?
- he is a fan of the club
- if he turns them down, the orcs would never want him ever again.

My prediction is DM will be gone by midweek.
Sheerin & Robson will be caretakers for Accies game
We’ll have a new manager by the time the international break is done.

The idea that he would turn them down for a bigger gig doesn't make sense. He's been offered one job and went for an interview. There's a manager sacked every 9 seconds down south, nobody else is coming in for him.

Pacman1903
29-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Sunday Mail reporting that the Sevco are speaking to Michel Preud'homme.

neilthedon
29-10-2017, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=Pacman1903;38691791]Im nae saying it would ever happen. Im saying i reckon he would do a good job if he was our manager and id forget the history if it ever happened Thats all.

Well then, we`d be better going for Mourinho if that`s the case ??!!;D

donsdaft
29-10-2017, 12:48 PM
It has a zero percent of happening but if Lennon was ever manager of Aberdeen I wouldn't just stop going I would stop even finding out what the score was.

donsdaft
29-10-2017, 12:53 PM
If I was to guess what was going to happen it would be that McInnes has already told Milne that he would prefer if the club refused to allow Sevco permission to talk to him.

That way, he wouldn't have turned them down so could be asked again in the future.

If he has indicated he would like to speak to them then we might as well look for a new manager.
We can't give him a pay rise every time another club sacks their manager and it's starting to be a pain in the a'rse having him last linked with every f'uckin job.

neilthedon
29-10-2017, 02:12 PM
If I was to guess what was going to happen it would be that McInnes has already told Milne that he would prefer if the club refused to allow Sevco permission to talk to him.

That way, he wouldn't have turned them down so could be asked again in the future.

If he has indicated he would like to speak to them then we might as well look for a new manager.
We can't give him a pay rise every time another club sacks their manager and it's starting to be a pain in the a'rse having him last linked with every f'uckin job.

Here here. Spot on that. Ever thought about running a Football Club D.D. ?

You`d go down a storm with the Weegia !!! ( In a Turnbull Hutton sort of way . )

Aldo1983
29-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Do we still need a stadium if he goes?

RED_JOHN
29-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Up his own arse walloper

Agree 100%. He is a manager on the downward spiral.
McInnes is staying here anyway...we are stuck with him!

RED_JOHN
29-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Do we still need a stadium if he goes?

The lack of our own training facilities is DM's biggest gripe with our board. It will be his ready made excuse during his tenure here for his inability to improve on what we have.

Jupiter
29-10-2017, 03:45 PM

FFS, anybody but that miserable numpty.

Landvetter83
29-10-2017, 05:42 PM
FWIW if McInnes does leave (which I don't expect to happen BTW) then my choice of replacement would be Nigel Pearson with Craig Shakespeare as assistant. Both have been jottered by Leicester so will have millions in their bank accounts and may be happy to accept the salary on offer at Aberdeen for the chance to re-establish themselves.

I still believe it was Pearson's team that won the EPL a couple of years back. Ranieri was the lucky recipient of a team on the up and nursed it through - with the help of Shakespeare. Stewarty, if you ever read the sh!te on this forum, there's a suggestion for you ....

RedStarTorphins
29-10-2017, 06:04 PM
FWIW if McInnes does leave (which I don't expect to happen BTW) then my choice of replacement would be Nigel Pearson with Craig Shakespeare as assistant. Both have been jottered by Leicester so will have millions in their bank accounts and may be happy to accept the salary on offer at Aberdeen for the chance to re-establish themselves.

I still believe it was Pearson's team that won the EPL a couple of years back. Ranieri was the lucky recipient of a team on the up and nursed it through - with the help of Shakespeare. Stewarty, if you ever read the sh!te on this forum, there's a suggestion for you ....

Nigel Pearson is a horrible human being.
Well known in English football as an absolute cretin.

Millers_Tash
29-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Nigel Pearson is a horrible human being.
Well known in English football as an absolute cretin.

Also managing some team in Belgium, as far as I know.

Pacman1903
29-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Pearson buries folk in his back garden. Something nae richt wuth him

Jupiter
29-10-2017, 06:51 PM

That has to be one of the stupidest ideas on here

Aldo1983
29-10-2017, 07:46 PM
It's great that our board are as silent as usual. Only time those fuds ever talk is when people want to strip the Huns of their feloniously earned titles and when they want to build another imaginery stadium.

Aldo1983
29-10-2017, 07:53 PM
From a hun I know, they are going for Prudhomme.

RedStarTorphins
29-10-2017, 08:28 PM

No way they’ll go for another Johnny Foreigner.

Preud’homme was touting himself in the paper today.

87kilos
29-10-2017, 09:29 PM
From what I heard (no source) Doc does not want to go to Sevco, Derek and Doc are a team and they respect each other. I also don't see McInnes going to Ibrox.

He'll get the West Brom job once Pulis gets punted.

RedStarTorphins
29-10-2017, 11:00 PM

As I was saying....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11104377/rangers-have-not-spoken-to-michel-preudhomme-over-managerial-vacancy-and-target-british-candidate

KIWIRED
29-10-2017, 11:43 PM
I think they have already spoken to him.
Although I think he is a longshot albeit with a decent CV
On the other hand I suspect Dave King will baulk at paying any compensation so its likely to be an unemployed candidate

ragnarok
29-10-2017, 11:43 PM
It all hinges on whether McInnes is interested in the talking to Rangers. If he isn't particularly interested then we should reject any approach. DM has made it clear he is happy at the Dons and nothing he has said suggests that he would force a move. Of course that doesn't mean he wouldn't take the h*n job if offered.

The board needs to realise that it could significantly upset our season to lose our manager to a team that is our main rival in the league and handle negotiations accordingly.

Don_Corleone
29-10-2017, 11:49 PM
I don't think McInnes will go. I do think he will manage Rangers at some point in the future, but I would expect when he moves on from us it'll be to go down south again - then he'll be back up to Rangers. I don't see him going there directly from Aberdeen.

Rangers are in a terrible state - I think they'll end up with someone like Alex McLeish if they want experience, or someone like Barry Ferguson if they just want to get the fans onside (this would be brilliant for us, as he hasn't the first clue about managing a team). McInnes will cost them too much - he's the most valuable asset we have at AFC - he's the reason why we've been able to bring in the kind of players we have.

For those who seem to hate McInnes - yes he has his faults, but he is the main reason we're in the position we are at the moment - 1 point behind Celtic. 2nd in the league for last 3 years, 2 cup finals last year. Realistically it's as good as it's going to get when you have a team with the budget of Celtic ahead of you. Without him you'll see half of that team vanish within a season and the replacements won't be anywhere near the same quality and we'll be back to challenging for a top 6 spot. McInnes has built something here - it seems he still feels there's a bit more to do, so I for one hope he sticks around to see it through.

ragnarok
30-10-2017, 06:15 AM
For those who seem to hate McInnes - yes he has his faults, but he is the main reason we're in the position we are at the moment - 1 point behind Celtic. 2nd in the league for last 3 years, 2 cup finals last year. Realistically it's as good as it's going to get when you have a team with the budget of Celtic ahead of you. Without him you'll see half of that team vanish within a season and the replacements won't be anywhere near the same quality and we'll be back to challenging for a top 6 spot. McInnes has built something here - it seems he still feels there's a bit more to do, so I for one hope he sticks around to see it through.

The thing is that the relationship between a club and a manager is very rarely one of lifetime monogamy. McInnes has been good wife material for AFC. His tenure has been defined by consistency and loyalty but hasn't always fulfilled its promise in the excitement stakes. Some of our fans are clearly getting bored at home. They're eyeing up the office nutter and thinking "would she give me a rusty trombone?".

Don_Corleone
30-10-2017, 07:33 AM
The thing is that the relationship between a club and a manager is very rarely one of lifetime monogamy. McInnes has been good wife material for AFC. His tenure has been defined by consistency and loyalty but hasn't always fulfilled its promise in the excitement stakes. Some of our fans are clearly getting bored at home. They're eyeing up the office nutter and thinking "would she give me a rusty trombone?".

Good analogy. We should just remember that running off with the office nutter usually very quickly ends in tears.

xtrmntr75
30-10-2017, 08:58 AM
I agree with your post above Don. I find it hard understanding fans who say we need to get to the next level. Realistically, when Hearts and Hibs are back to full strength and that lot get their act together, being top three every season would be an achievement knowing that we can be competitive in the cups. Staying where we are should be seen as a big enough challenge. If we lose DM, it could all quickly unravel. Crowds are up. The majority enjoy going to Pittodrie feeling we’ll win most games. Last season was the best for years. This season hasn’t been as good though.

KIWIRED
30-10-2017, 09:19 AM
It would nice to think that Chairman Milne will fight tooth and nail to keep him. But does he have the balls.
Milne needs to show some bottle for once, get DM in a small room and tell Delboy why Newco would be the worst move in the world for him and the benefits of staying at Aberdeen.
Agree, that if a decent English team came in then a gentleman's agreement he can go if he wants.
But to let him go to the team we hate more than anyone else would detrimental to AFC and shamefull.
Worst case scenario he goes, my god Pittordrie will be a depressing place and just watch our players leave, crowds down and turnover dropping alarmingly.
However, I dont see DM going now as everyone knows Newco are in a very darkplace right now, average pool of players and a inept chairman and board who are the laughting stock of football

bpdon
30-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Last season was the best for years. This season hasn’t been as good though.
Depends what you are comparing. We were pretty poor at the start of last season chalking up a chain of really drab draws and a serious spanking from the Timmies. By comparison, this season our points tally is circa 45% better after 11 games.

Mason89
30-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Waiting for an English job is a very risky strategy for DM. He only got offered the Sunderland job because they’re f*cked & have a Hun infestation

My pub gossip is saying that England is where he wants to be but that might become a possibility if he does a half decent job at Iprix

krakowdon
30-10-2017, 10:42 AM
My pub gossip is saying that England is where he wants to be but that might become a possibility if he does a half decent job at Iprix

Offers from England are already a reality. Logically then he should stay put and continue to do a decent job at afc, remove any 'might' out of the equation.

Mason89
30-10-2017, 10:58 AM
What offers?

krakowdon
30-10-2017, 11:23 AM
You may recall that Sunderland were quite publically linked with him a few weeks ago.

There will be others.

Mason89
30-10-2017, 11:28 AM
I would’ve thought that was mainly down to Martin Bain & Walter Smiths influence. There’s not been any other shouts

Spunking good money on Ricky Foster at Bristol must still fresh in the memory

Stupie82
30-10-2017, 12:21 PM
He runs the danger of speaking to them and then not going for/getting the job. Speaking to them alone will be enough for some fans to want him out of the door. Given the chance I'm 100% positive he will at the very least talk to them if they approach him. If he was to tell them to poke it, then i will eat my hat, because he has already had that chance.

krakowdon
30-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Let's face it, anywhere on the scale from 'giving them the respect of listening to what they want to say' even if he doesn't go, a la Sunderland right up to resigning to go there against the club's wishes will be seen as treachery. (Although it would be funny if he spoke to them then told them to poke it.)

The ideal scenario for him is that Aberdeen simply refuse permission for them to talk to him.

Unfortunately that requires Milne to grow a set, which is concerning as he seems far too fond of the taste of hun d1ck.

The_Stolen_Bus
30-10-2017, 12:47 PM
I really hope that he doesn't go - but if he does I think that there is a succession plan in place and that Robson and Sheerin will be appointed as the new management team.

I reckon that that would be a reasonably good appointment as they have been learning the ropes from Deek.

Pacman1903
30-10-2017, 12:50 PM
The ideal scenario for him is that Aberdeen simply refuse permission for them to talk to him.

Unfortunately that requires Milne to grow a set, which is concerning as he seems far too fond of the taste of hun d1ck.

And he is a c@nt

Feck_the_Huns
30-10-2017, 01:14 PM
I really hope that he doesn't go - but if he does I think that there is a succession plan in place and that Robson and Sheerin will be appointed as the new management team.

I reckon that that would be a reasonably good appointment as they have been learning the ropes from Deek.

Really? 'kinnel........

Would like to see both of involved further involved than they currently are but not as the main men. surely we'd need a more experienced man at the helm?

sancho_panza
30-10-2017, 01:33 PM

This sort of idea might make sense if we thought McInnes was some brilliant manager who we merely need to emulate in future, but what we're really talking about here is two unproven coaches trying to copy the approach (and probably doing a worse job) of a manager who is at best slightly above average to begin with.

I like McInnes and I hope he stays because it might derail our season if he leaves, but I'm not convinced he's anything better than competent. He's largely had an open goal here due to the financial situation in the league, the demise of Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, and whatever else. We don't need to be basking in the afterglow of his time here if he does go.

Mek
30-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Let's face it, anywhere on the scale from 'giving them the respect of listening to what they want to say' even if he doesn't go, a la Sunderland right up to resigning to go there against the club's wishes will be seen as treachery. (Although it would be funny if he spoke to them then told them to poke it.)

Thats not how this works.

Milne will talk with DM about whether he wants to talk to them or not. If he says no, Milne will refuse permission. If DM says yes he wants to hear what they have to say, Milne will grant said permission, after playing hard ball over compo.

Milne will not want to be seen to stand in DM's way, otherwise he might be unhappy with how things were handled then look to jump (unlikely but possible).

Personally I dont think he will go, but you never know. If DM truly wants to go to England, he should avoid Iprix, as a cluster**** there will stop any decent offers appearing for a long time. And chances are it will be a cluster**** until their board get the message across to their fans that their "rightful place" is out of their reach for a few more years.

kigoretrout
30-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately I think there is a good chance he will take it. Even though Steve Clarke now at Kilmarnock he is still worth a shout. No more talk of Derek Adams please. And as for the posters thinking it would be a good idea to give it to Sheerin and Robson. Good Grief !

RedStarTorphins
30-10-2017, 01:56 PM

As much as I share your cynicism towards the Alford neep, I think you're probably looking at it far too simplistically.

I'll hazard a guess that when DM signed his new extended contract in the summer, there will have been a gentleman's agreement, or a release clause allowing him to speak to any club, provided they agree to pay "x".

We'll have no issue other than to honour that or risk being in breach of contract and therefore allowing him to go for f**k all.

afc1903mad
30-10-2017, 01:57 PM
It's great that our board are as silent as usual. Only time those fuds ever talk is when people want to strip the Huns of their feloniously earned titles and when they want to build another imaginery stadium.

What are you expecting them to say?
Theres nothing to discuss if only speculation.

Has SevCo officially made an approach? No, then there's nothing to comment on

afc1903mad
30-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Depends what you are comparing. We were pretty poor at the start of last season chalking up a chain of really drab draws and a serious spanking from the Timmies. By comparison, this season our points tally is circa 45% better after 11 games.

Indeed, we are definitely a better squad and playing better football on the park.
Ok, knocked out of the League cup by a decent Motherwell team as they hit peak form whilst we were on a bit of a poor run at the time.
DM turned it around though after that cup game.
7 Wins, 2 Draws and 1 defeat in 10 league games is very decent and would smash our season points record if we manage to keep up.

afc1903mad
30-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Really? 'kinnel........

Would like to see both of involved further involved than they currently are but not as the main men. surely we'd need a more experienced man at the helm?

how much further involved would you like to see them.
They are already heavily involved with the first team.
They are the main guys taking the first team for their warm ups every match

LED
30-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Every hour that passes without the huns seeking permission to speak to McInnes is time they will be speaking to the moyes, pardew, Allerdyce, Mcleish's of this world. There is no way the huns will talk to McInnes without having a backup plan. King is known to be a stubborn headstrong b@stard. He might not like a jumped up manager telling him how to run his club.
I suppose what I'm trying to say is that McInnes would be wise just not to entertain them. If he talks to them and they appoint someone else his stock will be greatly reduced. If they really wanted him they would have been banging on the door on friday flashing the cash and have him appointed on monday.

Pacman1903
30-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Every hour that passes without the huns seeking permission to speak to McInnes is time they will be speaking to the moyes, pardew, Allerdyce, Mcleish's of this world. There is no way the huns will talk to McInnes without having a backup plan. King is known to be a stubborn headstrong b@stard. He might not like a jumped up manager telling him how to run his club.
I suppose what I'm trying to say is that McInnes would be wise just not to entertain them. If he talks to them and they appoint someone else his stock will be greatly reduced. If they really wanted him they would have been banging on the door on friday flashing the cash and have him appointed on monday.

I agree with your last sentence.

Has he been spotted at Greggs on Edmiston Drive yet

donsviking
30-10-2017, 02:50 PM
I don't think der Hun will go for him ( but I could be wrong). His record against Celtic is appalling. I think we have lost the last 7 straight. The latest capitulation last Wednesday will have done him no favours, as the one thing Rangers fans expect is a manager who can beat the other half of the filth.

Mr_Grieves
30-10-2017, 03:04 PM
I have my doubts that DM will end up at Sevco. But if he does I'm sure the likes of Wright, Clarke, Coyle and Archibald would do just as good if not better job with our budget.

Paul Lambert is still out of job as well.

Jupiter
30-10-2017, 03:14 PM
If Sevco really wanted him, it would have happened already. Looks like he will be staying.

Mason89
30-10-2017, 03:32 PM
If Sevco really wanted him, it would have happened already. Looks like he will be staying.

Of course they don’t want him. Even they can see he’s bang average. He doesn’t wear clown shoes to work though, which would be a huge improvement on the last two.

Stupie82
30-10-2017, 03:39 PM

I disagree, it’s not like they are already interviewing folk. They have said they will take their time, so they are probably drawing up a list of candidates as we speak. Derek will be on that list and just because he isn’t the only one, doesn’t mean they don’t want him. He will have to go through the process like anyone else applying for that job.

Aldo1983
30-10-2017, 03:46 PM
If he didn't want it then he'd categorically say he didn't want it even if it's right now. The board could make their position clear as well.

So another period of uncertainty ensues.

Stupie82
30-10-2017, 03:55 PM
If he didn't want it then he'd categorically say he didn't want it even if it's right now. The board could make their position clear as well.

This is how i see it, for what it's worth : Derek wants to at least speak to the huns, has likely indicated this to Milne that he will want to speak to them if indeed approached and my guess is the huns will very likely want to speak to him at some point. The club wont say anything because nothing has happened as yet. As far as they are concerned, DM is the dons manager and will be until such a time he decides not to be. They wont stand in his way, but they also wont say anything publicly in case nothing happens.

Don_Corleone
30-10-2017, 04:14 PM
I think he'll stick around at Pittodrie for another season or so - if he can finish 2nd for a 4th consecutive year, with Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the league and also have a decent run to at least the semis of the Scottish Cup, he will continue to catch the eye of clubs down south. One last shot at the Europa league next season and then he'll move on.

I don't think there's any risk for him. If the move to England doesn't come off at the end of next season, the Rangers job will likely be available again in a couple of seasons for him. As I said before, I expect him to go down south and then come back up to Rangers possibly in the future.

I can see Rangers going for a McLeish / Ferguson partnership or something - experience + a fan's favourite to get their miserable supporters back on side. But who knows with that bunch of clowns.

I do think AFC should already be thinking about who should replace McInnes though - even if he doesn't need replacing immediately, I think it's safe to say that he will within the next 2 seasons.

Pauldolski10
30-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Huns opened talks with Alan Pardew

Feck_the_Huns
30-10-2017, 05:30 PM

Yep, I think we are in the clear

For now

Lets face it, Del to Sevco was worst case scenario. He'll leave, but not yet, and not to THEM.

stansmith
30-10-2017, 05:42 PM
The high placed sources on follow follow all claim they will be trying to get McInnes this week.

If he's allowed to or chooses to speak to them, and sees their facilities and is promised x million, he's gone.

fatshaft
30-10-2017, 06:06 PM

OMG, you're joking? The gift that keeps on giving

Pacman1903
30-10-2017, 06:12 PM
The high placed sources on follow follow all claim they will be trying to get McInnes this week.

If he's allowed to or chooses to speak to them, and sees their facilities and is promised x million, he's gone.

They wont speak to him due to his inability to do anything against the pigs. He is a huge gamble. Im am positive of this

Jupiter
30-10-2017, 06:21 PM

source?

fatshaft
30-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Interesting, until a couple months ago you'd never been seen on a Dons forum, yet you're well up on who knows what amongst a hun forum? Why would that be I wonder? :?

stansmith
30-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Interesting, until a couple months ago you'd never been seen on a Dons forum, yet you're well up on who knows what amongst a hun forum? Why would that be I wonder? :?

Because they say 'administrator' next to their name, and the other one who apparently 'is spot on every time' and 'has contacts on the board' according to the locals says "Yeah should be tied up in the next couple of days, all being well."

Wasn't hard to work out really.

Hairdrier
30-10-2017, 07:02 PM

Hopefully this will happen - they are made for each other.

InversneckieDob
30-10-2017, 07:40 PM

That won't happen...................life is never that kind........is it?

Bridieeater
30-10-2017, 08:03 PM

What exactly are they supposed to say? They signed him up for an extra year with a bigger release clause and I think that's all they could do. If rangers offer that money then they can't stop them speaking to him.

fittiered
30-10-2017, 08:40 PM
What exactly are they supposed to say? They signed him up for an extra year with a bigger release clause and I think that's all they could do. If rangers offer that money then they can't stop them speaking to him.

Hopefully he disna go but if so the h,uns better pay up in full and Milne better nae fanny aboot, they don’t pay the full release clause they can fk right off. Lookin at swallyswally they are hellbent on no back room staff from Aberdeen are to go down with him!!

InversneckieDob
30-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Seriously doubt Peanut would go, Doc would go.......Robson? Nae idea. Kirk and Marshall......again, nae idea.

fittiered
30-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Seriously doubt Peanut would go, Doc would go.......Robson? Nae idea. Kirk and Marshall......again, nae idea.

Who the fux peanut?

simpson_1903
30-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Who the fux peanut?

Paul Sheerin

fittiered
30-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Paul Sheerin

Oh aye.... cheers.

RedStarTorphins
30-10-2017, 09:12 PM
source?

Hope?

Pauldolski10
31-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Heard from a Hun but it was apparently Pardew out for dinner with a member of the hun board informing him of his interest in the job so non official

mastrick1960
31-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Think they will give it to Robson/Sheerin till the end of the season if DM goes...

Stupie82
31-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Think they will give it to Robson/Sheerin till the end of the season if DM goes...

F*ck that. I have been seeing this all over place and it makes me cringe. Why in the hell would we even go down that route. As beneficial as they are to the club, neither of them deserve to be managing at this level. I read someone saying earlier on in the thread that they deal with the players daily, so they would do well... and? it doesnt make them good managers, hence why they aren't managers currently.

We will get compo for Derek IF he leaves, so we should be replacing him with someone even better. Not with two unproven guys, who have never managed at a top level before.

I will tell you right now, if those two replace Derek and Doc, we will be mid table by end of the season at best. It would be a very unambitious move that wouldn't exactly thrill the fans. File the excitement of this along with that of McGhee's appointment.

Bridieeater
31-10-2017, 11:11 AM

read some p#sh on this forum but holy moley! why on earth would the board leave them in charge for 3/4 of a season!!!

mastrick1960
31-10-2017, 11:47 AM
read some p#sh on this forum but holy moley! why on earth would the board leave them in charge for 3/4 of a season!!!

Fvck me min don’t have a heart attack 🤡
Not what I believe should happen but what I think the board may look at
They are grooming Robson for future manager If/when DM goes ...Robson is more than halfway through his 2 year coaching badges....Although it will come to early for Robson I think they may look at this.....Now sit your arse back down and chill

afc1903mad
31-10-2017, 12:30 PM
F*ck that. I have been seeing this all over place and it makes me cringe. Why in the hell would we even go down that route. As beneficial as they are to the club, neither of them deserve to be managing at this level.

Why would we go down that route?
Its called succession planning and I think they had this in mind when they lured Sheerin from Arbroath to take over the development team and work with the first team.

I read someone saying earlier on in the thread that they deal with the players daily, so they would do well... and? it doesnt make them good managers, hence why they aren't managers currently.

It doesn't not make them good managers either.
They aren't managers as Aberdeen got Sheerin in early and Robson is currently doing his badges

We will get compo for Derek IF he leaves, so we should be replacing him with someone even better. Not with two unproven guys, who have never managed at a top level before.

Like who?
Not Tommy Wright that's for sure.
Jack Ross is a good shout but also unproven at this level.
Graham Potter / Billie Reid is the best shout I think, but would the board go for them and would they come?

I will tell you right now, if those two replace Derek and Doc, we will be mid table by end of the season at best. It would be a very unambitious move that wouldn't exactly thrill the fans.

How do you know that?
You don;t do you?
I won't be asking for the numbers for the Lottery draw as your crystal ball may be cracked.

As above and earlier, they have had a long term plan for this I think.

Don_Corleone
31-10-2017, 12:46 PM
When McInnes goes (which I think will be in the next 2 years, but probably not right now) the key thing will be to preserve what he has built over the last few seasons. The last thing we want or need is radical changes - we've got a team that's doing well, so it would be disaster to have a major overhaul. Therefore we'd likely be looking for someone similar to McInnes who can maintain and build on what he's done - an internal appointment makes sense from that point of view. It's risky if they're unproven, as Sheerin and Robson are, but there's also a sense in which an outside appointment is risky because it brings a more radical change. If we were mid table doing nothing radical change is what we'd be after. But having done consistently well for the last 3-4 years, radical change is the last thing we need.

By the way, I'm not saying I'd go with Sheerin and Robson - just pointing something out. There's not many other managers around that are realistic options and who excite me. Added to that is the fact that success at one club doesn't guarantee success at another - it's always a gamble bringing someone in from outside.

kigoretrout
31-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Its called succession planning and I think they had this in mind when they lured Sheerin from Arbroath to take over the development team and work with the first team.

They aren't managers as Aberdeen got Sheerin in early and Robson is currently doing his badges

Like who?
Graham Potter / Billie Reid is the best shout I think, but would the board go for them and would they come?

How do you know that?
You don;t do you?
I won't be asking for the numbers for the Lottery draw as your crystal ball may be cracked.

I'm with Stupie and Bridieeater on this one. What a load of nonsense min. If Deek goes we go for an experienced relatively successful appointment. You are obviously too young to remember the Aitken and Hegarty appointments. A youth coach is not employed by a club in some sort of grandiose succession planning scheme. Sheerin was not particularly successful at Arbroath and is not well liked in circles. He was not even considered for the Forfar post. Robson is just starting out and without being unkind is as thick as two short planks.

blowupsheep
31-10-2017, 02:05 PM
. Robson is just starting out and without being unkind is as thick as two short planks.

well fk me I'm really glad you said that without being too unkind ......... XDXD

afc1903mad
31-10-2017, 02:06 PM
When McInnes goes (which I think will be in the next 2 years, but probably not right now) the key thing will be to preserve what he has built over the last few seasons. The last thing we want or need is radical changes - we've got a team that's doing well, so it would be disaster to have a major overhaul. Therefore we'd likely be looking for someone similar to McInnes who can maintain and build on what he's done - an internal appointment makes sense from that point of view. It's risky if they're unproven, as Sheerin and Robson are, but there's also a sense in which an outside appointment is risky because it brings a more radical change. If we were mid table doing nothing radical change is what we'd be after. But having done consistently well for the last 3-4 years, radical change is the last thing we need.

By the way, I'm not saying I'd go with Sheerin and Robson - just pointing something out. There's not many other managers around that are realistic options and who excite me. Added to that is the fact that success at one club doesn't guarantee success at another - it's always a gamble bringing someone in from outside.

Exactly.

Personally, I'd go for

1. Potter / Reid
2. Jack Ross
3. Sheering / Robson

Not heard any other suggestions which I think is realistic or inspiring.

I think the club will go with Sheerin / Robson though

sheepcrooky
31-10-2017, 02:07 PM
FWIW , I think der Hun reincarnated will look enviously at Hollywood teeth across the other side of Glasgow and try to emulate that model. Bring in a ex-EPL manager who could make a sea-change in their fortunes.

We know they have no patience, and the 2 years (at the very least) they would have to give McInnes to turn the train wreck around would be unpalatable.

The option therefore of Pardew may suit them down to the ground. No contract to buy out (check), “high profile” ex-EPL status (check), arrogant **** full of his own self-importance (check).

thebeachend
31-10-2017, 03:16 PM
FWIW , I think der Hun reincarnated will look enviously at Hollywood teeth across the other side of Glasgow and try to emulate that model. Bring in a ex-EPL manager who could make a sea-change in their fortunes.

We know they have no patience, and the 2 years (at the very least) they would have to give McInnes to turn the train wreck around would be unpalatable.

The option therefore of Pardew may suit them down to the ground. No contract to buy out (check), “high profile” ex-EPL status (check), arrogant **** full of his own self-importance (check).

great post, likely not a million miles out. Sam Allardyce?

RedStarTorphins
31-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Exactly.

Personally, I'd go for

1. Potter / Reid
2. Jack Ross
3. Sheering / Robson

F**k me, if we appoint Sheerin/Robson as permanent managers, expect us to fall down the league to scrabbling to be in top 6
On what basis would they get the job?
The U-20's are hardly pulling up trees.

fittiered
31-10-2017, 03:24 PM
The huns will need to get McIness for nought according to this report!
Beautiful, beautiful... Go pedo.....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1775065/rangers-pedro-caixinha-nuno-batista-agent-ibrox-pay-off/

Aldo1983
31-10-2017, 03:28 PM

Big difference between Rodgers and the likes of Pardew though and not sure if the hun board will see it. Rodgers has been relatively loyal where he's been but more importantly, he's doing lots of work in the background. I was hearing before he signed the new deal that he was working on long term projects and community work, not just youth development. I can't see Pardew doing that. In all fairness to them, Celtic really did get it right appointing him.

Stupie82
31-10-2017, 03:28 PM

Like who?

How do you know that?
You don;t do you?

Why take the risk with Sheerin and Robson? It makes no sense. Christ, DM and Co have spent years building this club to what it is now, with consistent 2nd place finishes and good cup runs, albeit only 1 cup, so why risk it for two completely unproven people, with minimal to zero managerial experience? We have had record ST sales, with some good crowds and the fans would expect a good replacement. it would seem like utter madness and suicide if it were to happen and would be completely uninspiring to all the fans. I for one would not be happy at all with such an appointment.

Obviously I cant guarantee it would fail, but I would be almost certain that it would and I would be willing to put my neck on the line and say we would finish mid-table under those two.

Of course I don't know if we will finish mid table under those two, but I bet you right now we will.

kigoretrout
31-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Exactly.

Personally, I'd go for

1. Potter / Reid
2. Jack Ross
3. Sheering / Robson

No they won't !!!!!

Pacman1903
31-10-2017, 03:43 PM
I think the board will go with McInnes and Doc as they are going nowhere

Stupie82
31-10-2017, 04:40 PM
I think the board will go with McInnes and Doc as they are going nowhere

Agreed. It’s looking more and more likely!!

RedStarTorphins
31-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Why take the risk with Sheerin and Robson? It makes no sense. Christ, DM and Co have spent years building this club to what it is now, with consistent 2nd place finishes and good cup runs, albeit only 1 cup, so why risk it for two completely unproven people, with minimal to zero managerial experience? We have had record ST sales, with some good crowds and the fans would expect a good replacement. it would seem like utter madness and suicide if it were to happen and would be completely uninspiring to all the fans. I for one would not be happy at all with such an appointment.

Obviously I cant guarantee it would fail, but I would be almost certain that it would and I would be willing to put my neck on the line and say we would finish mid-table under those two.

Of course I don't know if we will finish mid table under those two, but I bet you right now we will.

....is the correct answer...give that man a coconut.
spot on

afc1903mad
31-10-2017, 05:35 PM

I get much of what you are saying, however there are no guearantee's

McInnes won nothing with St Johnstone and Tommy Wright has a better record there.
I would not want Tommy Wright at Pittodrie though, their football is eye watering.
McInnes then went to Bristol and struggled.
So he did not come to Pittodrie as any guarantee he could turn us around.

I remember the clamour for Patterson to come in and it didn't work, despite a good record

Indeed, I could share your pessimism for most potential replacements that Aberdeen could attract.
We don't have a great record for hiring successful managers.
Other than Potter or Ross, I've not heard any realistic external options that inspire me.

Who would you go for?

afc1903mad
31-10-2017, 05:36 PM
....is the correct answer...give that man a coconut.
spot on

Who would you go for then RST?

Hairdrier
31-10-2017, 05:48 PM
I think McInnes will struggle at mordor without his backroom staff coming with him and the signs are they wouldn't want them as part of any package. Plus he will have little autonomy under the many layers of management. The highlight for me is the new scouting team that consists of bummer brown, some dud that worked at villa and another that worked at Valencia with Gary Neville - that went well. Their recruitment team stated that they would do their 'due diligence' this time round, when they obviously haven't.

He would need a couple of years at least to turn them into a decent outfit. Can't see the baying orc hordes having any patience, as they still think they're a big club that should be on the world stage.

Happy halloween to the zombies. :p

RedStarTorphins
31-10-2017, 07:37 PM

Hard to say.
Easier to say who I don’t want.
McLeish, Wright, Adams. No thanks.

Have no knowledge of this Potter bloke that’s been mentioned.

Possibly Jack Ross?
Steve Clarke would’ve been good but he’s just started at Killie.

Pacman1903
31-10-2017, 07:52 PM

Why should he go for anyone. This thread is all based on sevco are looking for a manager. Our manager played about 50 games for the pre pheonix sh@t thats going on. Theres no proof they want him, theres proof they dont though(signing up Al Gharafas or whoevever the f@cks manager ahead of him only 7 months ago).

This thread is based on scaremongering and journalism from a rag that some folk wont even quote.

Non event. Dereks going nowhere.

Stupie82
31-10-2017, 08:00 PM
I get much of what you are saying, however there are no guearantee's

McInnes won nothing with St Johnstone and Tommy Wright has a better record there.
I would not want Tommy Wright at Pittodrie though, their football is eye watering.
McInnes then went to Bristol and struggled.
So he did not come to Pittodrie as any guarantee he could turn us around.

I remember the clamour for Patterson to come in and it didn't work, despite a good record

Indeed, I could share your pessimism for most potential replacements that Aberdeen could attract.
We don't have a great record for hiring successful managers.
Other than Potter or Ross, I've not heard any realistic external options that inspire me.

Who would you go for?

Jack Ross would likely be my choice if required. For me it has to be someone who is currently on a high at the club they are at. Talk of Adams, McLeish, Sheerin & Robson etc terrifies me. Okay McInnes wasn’t an inspiring choice when we appointed him, but let’s not forget what state were in at the time. A risk was worth taking then, but not now. We have completely changed as a club and the attitude towards who we get as a manager must change also.

As stated in previous page, Derek will stay and he would always be my first choice!

Fraser10
31-10-2017, 08:24 PM
I really dont get why people want jack ross

Feck_the_Huns
31-10-2017, 09:24 PM
I really dont get why people want jack ross

Why wouldn't they?

Ticks all the boxes

As now looks very likely, it's a moot point anyway as Del is going nowhere. Not to THEM anyway.

But he'll be gone somewhere else soon enough so this thread is still up for debate.

Keep a keen eye on Ross in the meantime. I think he's got the potential to be our boss.

RedStarTorphins
31-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Why wouldn't they?

Ticks all the boxes

As now looks very likely, it's a moot point anyway as Del is going nowhere. Not to THEM anyway.

But he'll be gone somewhere else soon enough so this thread is still up for debate.

Keep a keen eye on Ross in the meantime. I think he's got the potential to be our boss.

“As now looks very likely a moot point”
A bit early for that FTH?....

Mr_Grieves
31-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Ross doesn't tick all the boxes - he hasn't managed in the top division or in Europe.

I seem to remember Ian Murray getting similar praise as Ross is now when he started well at St Mirren.

Feck_the_Huns
31-10-2017, 09:39 PM
“As now looks very likely a moot point”
A bit early for that FTH?....

I dinna think so. They won't be paying through the nose, in terms of compo, for ANY manager.

Feck_the_Huns
31-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Ross doesn't tick all the boxes - he hasn't managed in the top division or in Europe.

I seem to remember Ian Murray getting similar praise as Ross is now when he started well at St Mirren.

And we can attract a manager who's coached in Europe? Get real, son.

Fraser10
31-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Why wouldn't they?

Ticks all the boxes

Which boxes in particular does he tick?

Mason89
31-10-2017, 10:00 PM

Ross was Murray’s assistant at Dumbarton when they got promoted to the first & stayed there. When Murray went alone to St.Mirren, he was shyte & out his depth. When Ross went to St.Mirren, he turned them into one of Europe’s best form team to narrowly avoid relegation. Another miracle.

It’s pretty clear who the brains of that operation was

Mr_Grieves
31-10-2017, 10:03 PM

We would be able to attract a SPFL based manager who has knocked out higher seeded teams in the Europa League Qualifiers, son.

sheepcrooky
31-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Simon Grayson just been binned at Sunderland, back in for McInnes ?

Aldo1983
31-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Ross was Murray’s assistant at Dumbarton when they got promoted to the first & stayed there. When Murray went alone to St.Mirren, he was shyte & out his depth. When Ross went to St.Mirren, he turned them into one of Europe’s best form team to narrowly avoid relegation. Another miracle.

It’s pretty clear who the brains of that operation was

Ross had a big budget at Alloa and now St. Mirren. I still rate him.

Jupiter
31-10-2017, 10:18 PM

DM dodged a bullet there

afc1903mad
31-10-2017, 10:55 PM

Potter ticks that box and arguably a realistic option.
Top of their Europa league
Joined them in 2011 in Tier 4 with an average attendance of 783
Every year they have improved an last year averaged just short of 6,000 average attendance.

We could be an interesting option, but I also agree, McInnes is unlikely to be moving just yet.

Fraser10
01-11-2017, 06:20 AM
I like the sound of the boy potter more than I do of jack ross

ILikeJam
01-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Ross had a big budget at Alloa and now St. Mirren. I still rate him.

I'm not just singling you out here, but I've seen this line used a lot - "Jack Ross had the biggest budget in the league at Alloa and St Mirren..."

Outwith the ar$e cheeks, any manager coming here will likely have the biggest budget in the league - so surely having experience managing big budgets effectively is a positive thing?

Mason89
01-11-2017, 09:32 AM
I'm not just singling you out here, but I've seen this line used a lot - "Jack Ross had the biggest budget in the league at Alloa and St Mirren..."

Outwith the ar$e cheeks, any manager coming here will likely have the biggest budget in the league - so surely having experience managing big budgets effectively is a positive thing?

That seems fair enough. He also had less than f*ck all at Dumbarton, so he can work with or without cash.

The boys a genius . Sign him up before it’s too late

Aldo1983
01-11-2017, 09:57 AM

Not if we are getting a new stadium he won't.

Stupie82
01-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Over in la la land that is RangersMedia, they are even discussing the scenario of Alex Ferguson coming out for retirement to take over them on a temporary basis XD XD. All that without a hint of sarcasm... you cant even make up that sort of stupidity XD.

man-erg
01-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Over in la la land that is RangersMedia, they are even discussing the scenario of Alex Ferguson coming out for retirement to take over them on a temporary basis XD XD. All that without a hint of sarcasm... you cant even make up that sort of stupidity XD.

This is my favorite, in defense of Pedro...:O

"I don't think his style was wrong here. It was down to the nation itself not being prepared to alter how football is played "

Disco Buc
01-11-2017, 11:13 AM

Well they are doing something right on a much smaller budget . I think that's a good call.

Feck_the_Huns
01-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Taking them a heck of a long time to make this appointment, whoever it is, but as time goes by, McLeish or Tommy Wright or somebody of that ilk looking more and more likely.

The boy Mark Allen has been in place since before the end of last season, what the feck has he been doing in that time? Surely, even a club as chaotic at Sevco would know which road they want to go down?

They seem to think they have loads of time to make this appointment; if McInnes was such a stick on as the SMSM would have had us believe, the deal would have been done by end of last week I'd have thought, monday this week tops.

But we ain't even had a sniff of an advance from Sevco, by ANYONE in the media, so clearly, they've been scared off by the compo that we would demand.

macattack
01-11-2017, 12:10 PM

Nah surely not :O

Stupie82
01-11-2017, 12:18 PM
Taking them a heck of a long time to make this appointment, whoever it is, but as time goes by, McLeish or Tommy Wright or somebody of that ilk looking more and more likely.

The boy Mark Allen has been in place since before the end of last season, what the feck has he been doing in that time? Surely, even a club as chaotic at Sevco would know which road they want to go down?

They seem to think they have loads of time to make this appointment; if McInnes was such a stick on as the SMSM would have had us believe, the deal would have been done by end of last week I'd have thought, monday this week tops.

But we ain't even had a sniff of an advance from Sevco, by ANYONE in the media, so clearly, they've been scared off by the compo that we would demand.

Rumour has it that this is all down to Pedro's pay off, or lack of it I should say. Unless they know how that is going to go, im unsure they are even in a position to go for the likes of Derek, who obviously requires a payoff. They are an utter shambles of a club, so i'm not surprised that there are likely some sticking points. They HAVE to get their next appointment right, because paying off another manager isn't exactly good for finances. If its Derek, i would think he will want a 3 year deal minimum, which if he is unsuccessful, will drain them further. That said, i cant see him going to that basket case of a club anytime soon anyway.

Feck_the_Huns
01-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Rumour has it that this is all down to Pedro's pay off, or lack of it I should say. Unless they know how that is going to go, im unsure they are even in a position to go for the likes of Derek, who obviously requires a payoff. They are an utter shambles of a club, so i'm not surprised that there are likely some sticking points. They HAVE to get their next appointment right, because paying off another manager isn't exactly good for finances. If its Derek, i would think he will want a 3 year deal minimum, which if he is unsuccessful, will drain them further. That said, i cant see him going to that basket case of a club anytime soon anyway.

There's nothing that would say McInnes couldn't end up there next week, or even next month, till they sort out their finances, but I think your summation is spot on. It would be professional suicide for McInnes to go there, and he is one calculating dude. He knows where he wants to be long term.

McInnes will never work under a Director of football, he's an old skool manager who wants to run the entire football operation, including the scouting operation. Sevco, mysteriously, appointed Bomber Brown and a whole raft of scouts the other day. McInnes would want Doc, Graham Kirk, Gordon Marschall, Peanut, Russ Richardson the whole kit and caboodle. £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ (that Sevco wont have)

Calderwood, on the other hand, would have been begging on the marble staircase last thursday lunchtime

What major sporting institution sacks a manager yet cannot appoint a replacement till they accertain how much it will cost to pay off the previous guy? And have they in fact settled up with Warburton and Weir yet?

I think we can relax on this one. In fact, the more you think about it, no idea why we panicked in the 1st place.

The SMSM are already speaking about options other than McInnes. even they know its a non starter

andoplzcumbak
01-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Heard today that Deek will be talking to them on Thursday and Tommy Wright possibly talking to us.. from someone who knows a St Johnston player.

Pinch o salt n aw that mind

Stupie82
01-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Heard today that Deek will be talking to them on Thursday and Tommy Wright possibly talking to us.. from someone who knows a St Johnston player.

Someone pass me a rope... Tommy Wright :blue: ... if that turns out to be true, then i think i will go into hibernation for the foreseeable future. Aye pinch of salt will be taken and i cant imagine we would be even considering talking to Tommy Wright, without knowing if Derek was going or not.

The longer it drags on, the less likely it will be McInnes and the more apparent it will be that Sevco are up the financial sh!t creek. IMO, money is the only stumbling block right now and is the only reason they haven't appointed someone as yet. King would have had his target picked before Pedro even went, so the delay seems to be financial.

RedStarTorphins
01-11-2017, 03:39 PM

"pinch of salt" you say?
if that dinosaur takes over I'd be eating a bucket full of salt in the hope it killed me
Hoof ball and turgid Calderwood style football.

IF DM is to go, then please, please, let it not be Wright, Adams or McLeish FFS

rico94
01-11-2017, 03:43 PM

I heard the other day McLeish is lined up to replace McInnes XD

There is so much bull shyte flying around Aberdeen just now its best to ignore it until something actually happens.

Mason89
01-11-2017, 03:45 PM
You would think we play football like Brazil ‘82 the way some folk go on.

If we didn’t have a Sellick player on loan, our style wouldn’t be that entertaining either.

Not that I think Tommy Wright should get the job either but it’s bizarre the amount of abuse he takes on here from football purists.

fatshaft
01-11-2017, 03:46 PM
The longer it drags on, the less likely it will be McInnes and the more apparent it will be that Sevco are up the financial sh!t creek. IMO, money is the only stumbling block right now and is the only reason they haven't appointed someone as yet. King would have had his target picked before Pedro even went, so the delay seems to be financial.
My feelings exactly.

Mason89
01-11-2017, 03:46 PM
I heard the other day McLeish is lined up to replace McInnes XD

I’d honestly rather keep McInnes

rico94
01-11-2017, 03:55 PM

To be honest I cant see McLeish wanting the Aberdeen job or Aberdeen wanting McLeish.

Feck_the_Huns
01-11-2017, 04:02 PM
To be honest I cant see McLeish wanting the Aberdeen job or Aberdeen wanting McLeish.

Oh I don't know about that. I think McLeish would lift his skirt to any passing job vacancy. seems to be getting more and more desperate as the month pass by.

Wouldn't be because he needs quick dough due to a tax invoice, would it?

afc1903mad
01-11-2017, 04:06 PM

I've got to bookmark this

cougared
01-11-2017, 04:30 PM
"pinch of salt" you say?
if that dinosaur takes over I'd be eating a bucket full of salt in the hope it killed me
Hoof ball and turgid Calderwood style football.

IF DM is to go, then please, please, let it not be Wright, Adams or McLeish FFS

Agreed. Totally. Wright, Adams or McLeish would put me in a mood so black it might never lift.

rico94
01-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Oh I don't know about that. I think McLeish would lift his skirt to any passing job vacancy. seems to be getting more and more desperate as the month pass by.

Wouldn't be because he needs quick dough due to a tax invoice, would it?

Mcleish is still deluded enough to think he is going to get a job in England.

Even if he came in and kept us as best of the rest no one in guff land will be impressed enough to give him another shot.

I think there is more chance he would take the Scotland job,if he miraculously managed to get Scotland to a major tournament there is a slight chance he would get a job back in England.

blowupsheep
01-11-2017, 04:42 PM

Fk me Mason min, has somebody pinched your laptop and hacked your acoont :D

SF

stansmith
01-11-2017, 04:43 PM
McLeish is blatantly, blatantly getting old. Never really been eloquent but he now gets teams mixed up when speaking.

RedStarTorphins
01-11-2017, 05:02 PM
McLeish is blatantly, blatantly getting old. Never really been eloquent but he now gets teams mixed up when speaking.

That'll be the drink (allegedly)
don't want him anywhere near the management seat at Pittodrie.

EintrachtFrankfurt
01-11-2017, 06:41 PM
McLeish has no credibility in my eyes, his true hun colours sadly shine through nowadays, wouldnt want him within a million miles of the AFC job.

RedStarTorphins
01-11-2017, 07:41 PM
McLeish has no credibility in my eyes, his true hun colours sadly shine through nowadays, wouldnt want him within a million miles of the AFC job.

Whilst I agree 100% with you, sadly I think Milne is so out of touch with the Dons support (reference his comments on SEVCO etc) then he’d consider McLeish for the job, thinking we’d be happy with it.
I fear who that neep would go for.

Stupie82
01-11-2017, 07:58 PM
Whilst I agree 100% with you, sadly I think Milne is so out of touch with the Dons support (reference his comments on SEVCO etc) then he’d consider McLeish for the job, thinking we’d be happy with it.
I fear who that neep would go for.

Agreed!

I almost fear his incompetence more than I actually fear losing DM. Losing Derek is one huge kick in the gonads, but replacing him with someone Milne has chosen, could be even worse.

RedStarTorphins
01-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Agreed!

I almost fear his incompetence more than I actually fear losing DM. Losing Derek is one huge kick in the gonads, but replacing him with someone Milne has chosen, could be even worse.

Agreed.
I don’t want to labour the point, but the thought of going to watch a Dons team managed by any of Wright, McLeish or Adams gives me the absolute fear.
I’m thinking the “only” thing (hopefully a major thing!) stopping the scum from making an approach to us to speak with DM is compensation.
The suggestion is that it’s nowhere near the £1.5m that’s been reported.
Nearer half that.

Mason89
01-11-2017, 08:37 PM
It’s odd that our manager is great, yet the only two clubs that have approached him have been basket cases

Jupiter
01-11-2017, 08:46 PM
It’s odd that our manager is great, yet the only two clubs that have approached him have been basket cases

It's not really odd, Timmy would never want him, so that only leaves Sevco in Scotland. And most people in England don't pay any attention to Scottish football.

Feck_the_Huns
01-11-2017, 08:46 PM

Those are the only two we know about. Bound to be more.

Aldo1983
01-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Those are the only two we know about. Bound to be more.

I can't see why. There was a rumour about Sunderland and sure enough, despite the usual "it's the big bad weegie media" McInnes did speak to them. We all knew Sunderland was a basket case so I assume he did as well. There are few secrets when it comes to approaches, etc.

Pacman1903
02-11-2017, 11:13 AM
This is my favorite, in defense of Pedro...:O

"I don't think his style was wrong here. It was down to the nation itself not being prepared to alter how football is played "

Ha, thats a cracker

Pacman1903
02-11-2017, 11:16 AM

Hes clearly a fan of the booze. Said it for a long

PittodriePile
02-11-2017, 01:55 PM

I've met McLeish's loon a handfull of times. A nice guy. Around the time Warburton was sacked he was asked if his old man would take the rangers job, his response was along the lines of "McInnes has my dads job".

^^^ 100%. This is how I feel.

Mr_Grieves
02-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Looks like all that speculation from the weegie gutter press was sh1te.

DM's quotes from todays press conference:

"Sunderland situation is a reminder that being in a good environment is a great advantage at a club."

"For a manager who is in a job he would always do due diligence before moving to another club."

Mason89
02-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Punt him out the door for Jack Ross anyway

rico94
02-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Im surprised the huns arent going for Jack Ross considering he is "a genius" ;)

Mason89
02-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Me too

We’ll need to be quick. I’d sack McInnes today

Stupie82
02-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Me too

We’ll need to be quick. I’d sack McInnes today

There's more chance of the pope getting the Ibrox 'hot seat ' than McInnes getting sacked XD.

It's looking much less likely that DM is heading to Ibrox... thankfully for the likes of me anyway. I didnt want to see him go, but was convinced he would. Just cant see it happening now.

thebeachend
02-11-2017, 06:26 PM
no hurry......long international break to square up Pedro and then get the manager whoever it may be. Derek or English boss out of work.

Jupiter
02-11-2017, 06:36 PM
That's a whole week since sevco fired Pedro. They either don't want DM or more likely can't afford him.

Hairdrier
02-11-2017, 06:50 PM
That's a whole week since sevco fired Pedro. They either don't want DM or more likely can't afford him.

Or alternatively they haven't got a scoobie what they are doing. That is the MO at Ibrox.

RedStarTorphins
02-11-2017, 06:58 PM

Some very big statements from Chris McLaughlin on Sportsound tonight;

“Expects McInnes to be named Rangers manager next week”
“McInnes wants the job”
“Compensation is around £700k”
“Aberdeen will confirm an approach next week”

Mason89
02-11-2017, 07:09 PM
‘McInnes wants the job’

He’s not that daft, they’re a basket case, he supports Morton etc etc

Feck_the_Huns
02-11-2017, 08:03 PM

“McInnes wants the job”

And this is all despite :-

McInnes' heavily hinted presser today
Them having a DoF, which DM won't want to work under
The Dof appointing a whole new scouting network earlier this week, which DM won't want
Them having nae dough
A week on and no approach from them, in which time DM could have easily been whisked away further south

McLaughlin also mentioned that it may be a few weeks before it all happens, because Mark Allen (DoF) is working his way through the various football operations. Aye, nae hurry, boys.

And, the best one, in response to a Tweet from a Dandy who said that McLaughlin was speaking sh1te, he said that DM has been asked the question re - Sevco job in the two press conferences, and after the game last week, and failed to rule out his interest on each occasion. So, that's that then.

They don't have a clue - both Sevco and Radio Scotland

thebeachend
02-11-2017, 08:24 PM
"And, the best one, in response to a Tweet from a Dandy who said that McLaughlin was speaking sh1te, he said that DM has been asked the question re - Sevco job in the two press conferences, and after the game last week, and failed to rule out his interest on each occasion. So, that's that then".
I agree, he could end the debate in an instant. That he hasn't is important to note. I'm inclined to believe the journo that this is going to happen.

RedStarTorphins
02-11-2017, 08:44 PM
And this is all despite :-

McInnes' heavily hinted presser today
Them having a DoF, which DM won't want to work under
The Dof appointing a whole new scouting network earlier this week, which DM won't want
Them having nae dough
A week on and no approach from them, in which time DM could have easily been whisked away further south

McLaughlin also mentioned that it may be a few weeks before it all happens, because Mark Allen (DoF) is working his way through the various football operations. Aye, nae hurry, boys.

And, the best one, in response to a Tweet from a Dandy who said that McLaughlin was speaking sh1te, he said that DM has been asked the question re - Sevco job in the two press conferences, and after the game last week, and failed to rule out his interest on each occasion. So, that's that then.

They don't have a clue - both Sevco and Radio Scotland

DM could end the speculation & kill it dead by just saying unequivocally he’s not interested.
Maybe he doesn’t want to burn his bridges with them for the future by doing that?

Hairdrier
02-11-2017, 08:45 PM

“McInnes wants the job”

Except that Chris McLaughlin is a fud.

Several things have happened in hunville that would make a McIness potential tenure there a non-viable and short one.
He might want to take the risk but he definitely won't be his own man there. Far too many erseholes who think they can do a better job. He needs to think very carefully about his next move.

Enjoy!

rico94
02-11-2017, 08:46 PM
Have you ever seen Chris McLaughlins Twitter page?

To say he is a tad obsessed with the old firm would be an understatement.

Not sure how he knows how much the compensation would be,does he even know anyone from Aberdeen?

Mason89
02-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Anyone think our board are on the ball & already forming a plan for if he goes to the Huns?

Nah, me neither. They’ll get as far as ‘Adams’ in their Rolodex

red_mist
02-11-2017, 09:14 PM
I see Graham Potter got another great result in Europa tonight: Östersunds 2-2 Athletic Bilbao ... competing in Europa group stages has to be Aberdeen's ambition

afc1903mad
02-11-2017, 09:17 PM
I agree, he could end the debate in an instant. That he hasn't is important to note. I'm inclined to believe the journo that this is going to happen.

Of course, he could not be ruling out the move to put extra pressure on the board to get the training facilities sorted out.

SM - "So Derek, Are you interested in joining SevCo?"
DM - "Well Stewart, you know I'm quite happy here, but we still don't have proper training facilities, which I've been promised time and again"
SM - "Its going to happen Derek, I've said in the press I hope it can be done before the year end"
DM - "Ok, we'll see, but until then, I'm not ruling anything out"

Aldo1983
02-11-2017, 09:20 PM
DM could end the speculation & kill it dead by just saying unequivocally he’s not interested.
Maybe he doesn’t want to burn his bridges with them for the future by doing that?

Correct. Everyone quick to rip into McLean at the hint he might sign for sevco.

afc1903mad
02-11-2017, 09:21 PM
I see Graham Potter got another great result in Europa tonight: Östersunds 2-2 Athletic Bilbao ... competing in Europa group stages has to be Aberdeen's ambition

No, that was 2 weeks ago.

They're on now (BT Sport), currently 0-0 away from home

Aldo1983
02-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Of course, he could not be ruling out the move to put extra pressure on the board to get the training facilities sorted out.

SM - "So Derek, Are you interested in joining SevCo?"
DM - "Well Stewart, you know I'm quite happy here, but we still don't have proper training facilities, which I've been promised time and again"
SM - "Its going to happen Derek, I've said in the press I hope it can be done before the year end"
DM - "Ok, we'll see, but until then, I'm not ruling anything out"

Pish, he just signed a new ****ing contract.

RedStarTorphins
02-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Have you ever seen Chris McLaughlins Twitter page?

To say he is a tad obsessed with the old firm would be an understatement.

Not sure how he knows how much the compensation would be,does he even know anyone from Aberdeen?

The Old Firm?
Now the Cold Firm.... cos it died in 2012

RedStarTorphins
02-11-2017, 09:24 PM

Who the hell is this Potter a few (or is it just you?) are touting?

afc1903mad
02-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Pish, he just signed a new ****ing contract.

and ????????

Do you not think there will be a release clause in there?

Mason89
02-11-2017, 09:27 PM
It’s going to be the councils fault when he jumps ship to the Huns :D

afc1903mad
02-11-2017, 09:29 PM

Google him
I posted his achievements before
Took over Osterunds in 2011 when they were in the 4th tier of Swedish football.
Improved them every year
Won the Swedish cup and now in Europe
Knocked out Galatasary in the qualifiers
Beat Fola Esch home and away (we didn't)
Knocked out Paok in the PO round
Beat Hertha Berlin and a Ukrainian side so far in the group stages, drew with Athletic Bilbao 2-2 at home, curretnly drawing 0-0 away and are ttopping group J of the Europa league.
Could qualify tonight if Hertha get beat, but they are currently 1-0 up against the Ukrainian side

Hairdrier
02-11-2017, 09:32 PM
The board will be creaming themselves at the prospect of compensation for McInnes. The grippy bar stewards.

afc1903mad
02-11-2017, 09:32 PM
1-0 Athletic Bilbao now

As it stands

Stupie82
02-11-2017, 09:34 PM
I think Derek is a bit more classy than just coming out and saying he wont be going to Sevco. Why would he even come out and say that when they havent even approached him? as far as I am aware, it has just been media speculation and fan forums creaming themselves over the prospect of him going, but Derek doesnt strike me as the sort of guy who would say no to something he hasnt even been approached about yet.

If he does end up going then so be it, but i hope we hold out for the full compensation and have a back up plan that doesnt involve Sheerin and Robson. **** installments and **** anything less than the full amount.

rico94
02-11-2017, 09:36 PM
The Old Firm?
Now the Cold Firm.... cos it died in 2012

Try telling that to Chris McLaughlin and his west coast media chums.

RedStarTorphins
02-11-2017, 09:45 PM
Try telling that to Chris McLaughlin and his west coast media chums.

Oh I know.
Cringeworthy.

RedStarTorphins
02-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Google him
Improved them every year
Beat Hertha Berlin and a Ukrainian side so far in the group stages, drew with Athletic Bilbao 2-2 at home, curretnly drawing 0-0 away and are ttopping group J of the Europa league.
Could qualify tonight if Hertha get beat, but they are currently 1-0 up against the Ukrainian side

Not a chance Milne will go for a left field appointment like that if DM goes.

rico94
02-11-2017, 09:54 PM
I think Derek is a bit more classy than just coming out and saying he wont be going to Sevco. Why would he even come out and say that when they havent even approached him? as far as I am aware, it has just been media speculation and fan forums creaming themselves over the prospect of him going, but Derek doesnt strike me as the sort of guy who would say no to something he hasnt even been approached about yet.

If he does end up going then so be it, but i hope we hold out for the full compensation and have a back up plan that doesnt involve Sheerin and Robson. **** installments and **** anything less than the full amount.

Nail on the head there min.

The media are going on and on about this because they want it to happen,they are hoping McInnes takes the Huns job and he gets them back up challenging Celtic and at the same time little Aberdeen can go back in their place fighting it out with the rest of the non erse cheek teams for 3rd place.That way they can go back to talking about the filth and stop wasting their time talking about the rest of us.

Mason89
02-11-2017, 09:55 PM
Nail on the head there min.

The media are going on and on about this because they want it to happen,they are hoping McInnes takes the Huns job and he gets them back up challenging Celtic and at the same time little Aberdeen can go back in their place fighting it out with the rest of the non erse cheek teams for 3rd place.That way they can go back to talking about the filth and stop wasting their time talking about the rest of us.

He’s not that good

rico94
02-11-2017, 09:55 PM
Oh I know.
Cringeworthy.

So why do you give a f@ck what Chris McLaughlin says or thinks?

xtrmntr75
02-11-2017, 10:00 PM
It's looking much less likely that DM is heading to Ibrox... thankfully for the likes of me anyway. I didnt want to see him go, but was convinced he would. Just cant see it happening now.

Has there been a development elsewhere? The Huns are under no immediate pressure to get him in. After Saturday’s games there’s a two week break. Their next tough games are the double header. If they don’t have anyone in by then, the speculation will still be rife. It could affect us more than them. I’d love to know if they’ve been in touch about compo. If they have, they have a figure to work towards.

RedStarTorphins
02-11-2017, 10:09 PM
So why do you give a f@ck what Chris McLaughlin says or thinks?

Do I?
I was merely repeating what he stated on radio.
Worthy of comment as he was so definite.

xtrmntr75
02-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Wee sh1te used to my next door neighbour. Well up himself.

xtrmntr75
02-11-2017, 10:23 PM

Used to manage Dundee United min

afc1903mad
02-11-2017, 10:25 PM

nah, wrong spy

Mason89
02-11-2017, 10:29 PM
I got it termie :)

Feck_the_Huns
02-11-2017, 10:30 PM
Google him
Improved them every year

Assisted by Billy Reid, ex Hamilton manager

Mek
02-11-2017, 10:31 PM
I think this quote from DM is quite telling:

"You see so many instances when managers are allowed to do their job under a good structure, results have a better chance of following.

"Sometimes managers can rush into a situation if they're not in employment or they might think something else is better. We all back ourselves, we all want to go in and do good jobs. It's unfortunate a good man has lost his job, but he'll bounce back."

Almost saying he doesnt agree with the structure theyve built up there without a managers consent. Would the huns want to change that up so quickly for any new manager?

RedStarTorphins
02-11-2017, 10:43 PM

Nah, f*ck me no, he’s not meaning Harry Potter at Hearts.
I’m talking the Potter that’s managing in Sweden.
Milne will play safe if he has to get a new manager.
Hence my fear of Wright, McLeish, Adams.

xtrmntr75
02-11-2017, 10:58 PM
Did Milne not want Adams last time but Derek was so impressive at the interview he got it.

I always felt the appointment after Del was important, probably the most important since Porterfield. The first time since Fergie that a manager will have been poached due to our success.

Feck_the_Huns
02-11-2017, 11:03 PM
Did Milne not want Adams last time but Derek was so impressive at the interview he got it.

I always felt the appointment after Del was important, probably the most important since Porterfield. The first time since Fergie that a manager will have been poached due to our success.

I'm not so sure about that. I think Adams was Milne's first choice, but when he took himself out of the running, the path was cleared for McInnes to steam in and impress the board, but fairly sure that was all after Adams said no

NaeMairNeeps
03-11-2017, 03:30 AM
I like Stupie's analysis, but think RST has a good one and a half sides tae the story ....

"DM could end the speculation & kill it dead by just saying unequivocally he’s not interested.
Maybe he doesn’t want to burn his bridges with them for the future by doing that?"

There's maybe anither element though. As well as not burnin his bridges, he could be playin a clever wee game.

If he was tae come out and say he was not interested, it might actually help the huns.

It appears tae me, in typical hun clusterphukk style, they are fartin about wi plans B, C, Z, E, D etc, afore they go for plan A ... assumin that plan A is DM.

The fact that Der Hun has banned media contact wi the very organisations we are reactin tae news from, well, err, what do we actually know?

Ah'm suggestin that a declaration by DM that he is nae interested would take a big item of the agenda, allowin them tae move on and appoint, maybe, a half decent alternative. By nae declarin his hand, DM has them scrutinisin and calculatin contingency plans, while some candidates ... maybe half decent candidates ... will move on tae ither clubs - leavin Der Hun scrutinisin alternatives tae their alternatives.

The fact he has not been approached yet (while they balance alternatives wi the impact of a compo fee) plays intae DMs hands wi every passin hour .... includin the option of nae burnin his bridges.

In fact, he could say now .....

"Look guys, if ye wanted me that bad, ye should hae spoken tae me a week ago, and I would hae jumped .... but yer ditherin has left me wonderin if yer ready for me.
"Gie me a shout when ye get yer finger oot yer arse enough so it can speak ... and tell it's nae yer elbow"

But .... that might still be a bridge-burner ... and, well .... he disna need tae :D

As an auld boss o mine would say .... "Ah ken fine fit Ah'll be sayin tae him ... and if he wants tae hear it, he'll come tae me. But for now, Ah'm gan tae let him stew in eez ain shight"

rico94
03-11-2017, 07:56 AM
He’s not that good

I know he's not that good,if he got the Huns job he would get them into the position we are in but he would never get them anywhere near challenging Celtic for the title.

KIWIRED
03-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Getting really pissed off now with the Daily Retard, now they getting all excited as they apparently, "exclusively reveal " that the contract cause for DM to be released is 800K.
They are wetting themselves in excitment that its less than the original figure of 1.5 million previousley mutted.
More crap as Barry Fud Ferguson spurts out DM the only man for the Peepul and the job.
Meanwhile, Aberdeen FC carry on a dignified manner and focus on football.
I would think, DM must be getting sick of it all by now.
But there is a way out of this, DM just tell us all are you interested ? Or just tell Newco, thanks but no thanks, now **** Off.
I believe there must have been a conversation with Stewart Milne and Deek by now, just tell us where us we stand.
Both of you owe the Aberdeen shareholders and fans that much at least

rico94
03-11-2017, 08:04 AM
I'm not so sure about that. I think Adams was Milne's first choice, but when he took himself out of the running, the path was cleared for McInnes to steam in and impress the board, but fairly sure that was all after Adams said no

I might be wrong here but wasn't Dod Yule given the task of replacing Craig Brown?

Adams was his choice and when County asked for compensation Milne vetoed it and decided to take over and appointed McInnes?

If Milne wanted Adams that much Im sure he would have paid compensation for him,he has done that for managers in the past.

In regards to Derek Adams I have said this before but Plymouth are bottom of league 1 in England,if the Aberdeen job became available I don't think he will even be considered. It would be the worst appointment in our history if we appoint a manager who's team are bottom of their league.

thebeachend
03-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Getting really pissed off now with the Daily Retard, now they getting all excited as they apparently, "exclusively reveal " that the contract cause for DM to be released is 800K.
They are wetting themselves in excitment that its less than the original figure of 1.5 million previousley mutted.
More crap as Barry Fud Ferguson spurts out DM the only man for the Peepul and the job.
Meanwhile, Aberdeen FC carry on a dignified manner and focus on football.
I would think, DM must be getting sick of it all by now.
But there is a way out of this, DM just tell us all are you interested ? Or just tell Newco, thanks but no thanks, now **** Off.
I believe there must have been a conversation with Stewart Milne and Deek by now, just tell us where us we stand.
Both of you owe the Aberdeen shareholders and fans that much at least

with the latest reporting, you genuinely don't believe he and afc have been approached. I'm pretty sure he is moving. crack on and lets move on. We don't need this sh1te every 6 months.

Mason89
03-11-2017, 09:27 AM
Exactly. Every day has felt like Christmas Eve for me since Pedro got sacked

xtrmntr75
03-11-2017, 09:28 AM
Aye, sadly I'm going with the 'no smoke without fire' thought. If they were after anyone else, Moyes or Pardew, they'd have done it by now.

I'll be disappointed by our ineptitude if the compo figure is as low as that. I'm sure he'll be on about £400-£500k a year on the new contract. Plus, you'd like to think there was a release figure for a club down south but they'd have to pay the full amount.