PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding....

claw84
28-10-2017, 05:47 PM
after going 2-0 down England came back to win 5-2 in the u17 World Cup Final in India,when you consider England won the U20 World Cup final in June. Only Brazil have won the 2cups in one year.

Now where are those outstanding young Scottish players. :O:O:O

xtrmntr75
28-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Do you think any of them will be in the senior side in 10 years time?

Mason89
28-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Now where are those outstanding young Scottish players. :O:O:O

Out on the pish & chibbing folk. Coaches don’t like them. Coaches like Fergie Tiernans

Aldo1983
28-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Out on the pish & chibbing folk. Coaches don’t like them. Coaches like Fergie Tiernans

Do you know him? A girl I work with used to go out with him. He's a fireman out your way isn't he?

Mason89
28-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Not really, I know his friends. Hes got some cracking Ebbe Skovdahl stories. It won’t suprise anyone to know that he wasn’t the best player in his school team. Had the right attitude though.

He’s a fireman but I think it’s out fife way.

Getintaethem
29-10-2017, 08:07 AM

Who knows, but would you rather not be doing well in world competitions at this level?

England may not get everything right but they are streets ahead of Scotland in terms of bringing on kids at all levels in the game.

neilthedon
29-10-2017, 08:23 AM

One, maybe two. The rest will either never get a chance in their first teams due to "johhny Foreigner" , have peaked at that edge and not develop further , or get paid WAY too much money and get distracted by a Bling-bling lifestyle, thinking they`ve made it already ?

And then end up at St Mirren telling tales of when they trained with the Superstars , and ogled their wifes !!

But good on England for getting their trainig and development right enough to achieve this. All those millions spent on the Academies down there have worked . To a dgree . ( Back to how many will make it through again )

We have other , better for us examples to follow if we wanted to succeed . Like Belgium.( Actually, I have NO idea what Belgium did. But we should just copy that anyway !! ) but that would take a sensible , unified effort of both our SFA and the Govt. rather than the constantly altered grand plans to suit the bigger clubs perceived self interests. !!!

xtrmntr75
29-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Yeah I agree but I’m sure they are still miles behind where they want to be. They’ve invested enough money in St.Georges Park or whatever it’s called.

Scottish football, as we all know is rotten to the core. There’ll be several more think tanks and whatever in the next few years and we’ll still not be any further forward.

vasilyrats86
29-10-2017, 09:57 AM

They'll be plying their trade at Colchester, Yeovil, Shepshed Dynamos and Ebbsfleet, maybe DUFC ;D

Hopefully

As for our set up its a shambles controlled by those fuds at Hampden. Watched the U17s a few years back against Georgia and Portugal and they gubbed us, plus we were at hame. Yon duck egg Mathie was in charge talk about underwhelming.

Largs however is the Oxford of footballing excellence...or is that another SFA myth.