PDA

View Full Version : In hindsight...

Mudskipper
28-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Do you think the board got a bit wound up after McCann kept us up last season which he clearly did and felt inclined to offer the position ,I was in the McCann camp and felt he was a breath of fresh air and had a positive demeanour about him ,I was also glad we had sidestepped the usual suspects of available managers which the dabs are going through at the minute.

I'm wondering if in fact any decent manager would have kept us up now just on the basis of the new gaffer bounce and maybe the bod didn't look at the bigger picture ,but I can understand to a degree why they went for him.

Trying not to forget just how bad it was towards the end of PH's reign but seriously concerned this is at the start of McCann's albeit at a higher level ,the last three games have been a real eye opener if there is no real improvement before Christmas afraid the inevitable may result.

Deeranged
28-10-2017, 08:51 PM
I reckon PH would have kept us up or at worst humped the DABs in a play off.

GB72
28-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Do you think the board got a bit wound up after McCann kept us up last season which he clearly did and felt inclined to offer the position ,I was in the McCann camp and felt he was a breath of fresh air and had a positive demeanour about him ,I was also glad we had sidestepped the usual suspects of available managers which the dabs are going through at the minute.

I'm wondering if in fact any decent manager would have kept us up now just on the basis of the new gaffer bounce and maybe the bod didn't look at the bigger picture ,but I can understand to a degree why they went for him.

Trying not to forget just how bad it was towards the end of PH's reign but seriously concerned this is at the start of McCann's albeit at a higher level ,the last three games have been a real eye opener if there is no real improvement before Christmas afraid the inevitable may result.

A change had to be made, PH was taking us down...we got lucky with Mcann and the bounce he got....

This season different story, where some of his team selections are baffling, doesnt help we dont have a decent striker mind you

seenitab4
29-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Agreed