PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Squad

Aldo1983
29-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Christie, McLean and Shinnie to get call ups...

Expected but largely due to it being absolutely pointless and at Pittodrie.

Nice to see one of our players getting a call up I suppose.

Pacman1903
29-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Malky Mackay is still a horrible c@nt

RED_JOHN
29-10-2017, 11:16 AM

Do you think any will start the match? Maybe a token sub in the 2nd half would be my guess.

neilthedon
29-10-2017, 04:00 PM

And, reportedly , Ryan" hard man " Rat ?? What`s that for , to be the Pittodrie Pantomime villian ?

Who was the last Scotland player to get sent off ?

DonsChiel
29-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Just trying to create interest locally and sell tickets

irnbru1903
29-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Proof that playing for any bigoted team gets you a call up. Getting sent off numerous times is not call up material. He had played better for us over the last few seasons and has been completely ignored.

Pacman1903
29-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Proof that playing for any bigoted team gets you a call up. Getting sent off numerous times is not call up material. He had played better for us over the last few seasons and has been completely ignored.

Exactly. The fans dislike him as hes sh@te.Hes been sent off three times in competitive matches and even once in a gounce game. Unreal hes been picked

macattack
30-10-2017, 01:44 PM
Shock Horror 3 Dons players in the squad I think :O Although one is called Andrew Shinnie XD

Mr_Grieves
30-10-2017, 01:53 PM

He's played a lot less matches in Europe this year compared to the last 3 seasons as well.

RedStarTorphins
30-10-2017, 01:59 PM
I couldn't give a flying f**k who's in the Scotland squad.

The Scottish FA are corrupt b@stards, and Mackay is a racist, homophobic, mysoginistic w@nker.

Guarantee you that when the next squad is announced, when the game will be at Hamdung, no Dons players will be in it

F**k the SFA and the tranny army frankly

Pacman1903
30-10-2017, 02:11 PM
, and Mackay is a racist, homophobic, mysoginistic w@nker.

And the fact he was employed by the SFA is a f@cking disgrace

RedStarTorphins
30-10-2017, 03:00 PM
And the fact he was employed by the SFA is a f@cking disgrace

Correct, but not surprising given that they're happy to not investigate Rangers (RIP) for a decade of cheating, EBT's and wrongly registered players

Jupiter
30-10-2017, 03:15 PM
By picking Jack, Mackay is sticking to the unwritten rule about at least one player from each cheek.

theram1975
06-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Kris Boyd doesn't think much of Jack being in the squad.

"Ryan Jack for Scotland? He’s had more red cards than good performances for Rangers this season. Why is he even in the Scotland squad"

Pacman1903
06-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Games only got tickets left in the Y according to my bro

Aldo1983
06-11-2017, 10:34 PM

"Ryan Jack for Scotland? He’s had more red cards than good performances for Rangers this season. Why is he even in the Scotland squad"

I think Jack is really unliked amongst the players up here. Personality wise I mean.

sancho_panza
07-11-2017, 12:55 AM

If you listen to the Sportsound podcast where he said this, he also said the Aberdeen call ups make Scotland a "laughing stock" and that none of our players are good enough to be in the squad. He then went into a full on rant about why Shinnie wouldn't get in the Celtic team, Christie was let go by Celtic because he isn't good enough, and so on.

vasilyrats86
07-11-2017, 10:14 AM
If you listen to the Sportsound podcast where he said this, he also said the Aberdeen call ups make Scotland a "laughing stock" and that none of our players are good enough to be in the squad. He then went into a full on rant about why Shinnie wouldn't get in the Celtic team, Christie was let go by Celtic because he isn't good enough, and so on.

He is just touting himself around as he kens his playing days are in their winter stage and retirement is nigh.

Obviously thinks he is capable of being a pundit and sees himself as the new Chris Sutton with his controversial comments.

Said that Hibs would have had Murray, Hanlon etc in the squad if the game was at Easter Rd. Also said that the new Killie manager is like night and day compared to the old regime. Roughly translated he and his mates never bothered their backsides for McCulloch and had the riot act read to them.

donsdaft
07-11-2017, 10:53 AM
The sad thing is (given his inevitable views) he is capable of being a pundit.

Comes over as intelligent and articulate.

Which is a surprise.

Pauldolski10
07-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Kenny mclean in paper begging for us Dons fans not to slate Jack on Thursday, if you are a Dons fan going to the game you have a duty to do it.

Pacman1903
07-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Kenny mclean in paper begging for us Dons fans not to slate Jack on Thursday, if you are a Dons fan going to the game you have a duty to do it.

Aye good een Kenny min

donsdaft
07-11-2017, 12:03 PM
McLean and Jack are Hun B'astards and both need booing.

Useless Hun B'astards at that.

Feck_the_Huns
07-11-2017, 12:06 PM
The sad thing is (given his inevitable views) he is capable of being a pundit.

Comes over as intelligent and articulate.

Which is a surprise.

Who is? Boyd? Or Boydee to his friends?

Really? I don't think he has an articulate bone in his body, and thats not cos he's a hun.

Rae is articulate, and he's one. Speaks sh1te, but articulate

donsdaft
07-11-2017, 12:23 PM
Well, I just bung the earphones in and fall asleep to their s'hite so it might be a wrong spy.

Better than the nasal whinging of Barry Ferguson anyway.

man-erg
07-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Boyd has a history of trying and failing to pick the Scotland side.

Typical and almost laughable that the BBC would use one of it's lesser pundits comment as a headline. Like Boyd's opinion is the most important thing in Scottish sport right now?

Don_Corleone
07-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Boyd has a history of trying and failing to pick the Scotland side.

Typical and almost laughable that the BBC would use one of it's lesser pundits comment as a headline. Like Boyd's opinion is the most important thing in Scottish sport right now?

Boyd is almost as annoying as wee Barry Bawheid.

Good on Michael Stewart for sticking up for Shinnie. I always feel he talks sense and stands his ground against the rest of the so called experts.

Also, can’t wait for the next game against Kilmarnock for Shinnie to anihilate the big fat twit.

sancho_panza
07-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Boyd is almost as annoying as wee Barry Bawheid.

Good on Michael Stewart for sticking up for Shinnie. I always feel he talks sense and stands his ground against the rest of the so called experts.

Also, can’t wait for the next game against Kilmarnock for Shinnie to anihilate the big fat twit.

Michael Stewart has basically mastered the "say whatever a guy down the pub would say but pretend it's a unique insight into the game" role (Steve Claridge does much the same thing in England). Most of what he says I agree with, but you can pretty much guess what he's going to say before he opens his mouth in most cases.

I'd actually rather listen to someone like Boyd spouting controversial nonsense, but he needs to work on his delivery because at the moment he sounds more like an angry caller on a phone-in than a pundit.

Jupiter
07-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Boyd would know about not being good enough for Scotland, the useless fat ******* that he is.

rico94
07-11-2017, 06:25 PM
It's a meaningless friendly so it's a perfect opportunity to try players out,I agree that Jack doesn't deserve to be in the squad but it's a chance to try out our 3 and guys like Hanlon to see if they are good enough.

Who was Boyd wanting in the squad? The usual suspects in Bannon,McArther and Hanley?

They have proved that they are not good enough in the last 3 campaigns so it's time to give some other players a chance,plus if they got picked it would have made the match even more pointless than it already is.

ragnarok
08-11-2017, 02:26 AM
Let's not be too harsh on Boyd - the guy is clearly a moron.

Scotland doesn't exactly have a plethora of international class players at the moment. Are our guys any less deserving than some English Championship mediocrity with a Scottish great aunt?

Maybe our guys aren't the required standard but who is out of the pool that the manager has at his disposal? We have failed to qualify for two tournaments in a row where we should have reached the playoffs as a bare minimum. Why play the same players we've been using for the last two campaigns?

If he's going to make a 'controversial' statement then he needs to suggest who should be getting in the squad instead. I doubt he could string together an adequate sequence of coherent thoughts to get that far.

Aldo1983
09-11-2017, 02:11 PM
As much as I can't stand Mackay, at least he's sticking up for Scottish football. Something Strachan wouldn't do.

sheepcrooky
09-11-2017, 05:38 PM
As much as I can't stand Mackay, at least he's sticking up for Scottish football. Something Strachan wouldn't do.

As the head of “Project Brave”, he would have looked extremely ****ing stupid if he did not pick a load of Scottish based players.

Jupiter
09-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Numpty Mackay won't be the new manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41934678

rico94
09-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Very square pegs in round holes team selection tonight.

Jack at right back,Tierney at centre back and Phillips up front.

Still room in the team for Forrest though,he must be amazing in training as I have yet to see him play well for Scotland.

Mr_Grieves
09-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Its good to hear Jack getting booed - fvck that hunb*stard.

I remember Aitken getting similar sort of treatment in a Scotland U21 match in the 80's.

InversneckieDob
09-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Holland were 21/20 the night.
Thought that was value

irnbru1903
09-11-2017, 08:32 PM
How the phuck does no neck get into the squad nevermind a first team cert? Never seen him play anything but dreadful for Scotland. Utter pish.

Jormungand
09-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Goal looked affside.

Onyway, Top Don on show the night is Dutch left back Ake, because every time the commentator says his name I think he's saying 'Mackie' - as in, Reading Champion Darren Mackie. Speaking o which, why in **** is thon commentator pronouncing Strootman as Strout-man (like Trout-man)? He's making up vowel rules which adhere neither to the Dutch nor the English language. Do your ******* job min.

Jormungand
09-11-2017, 08:58 PM
"Ake's played James Forrest really well tonight" opines Provan, as if marking the ******* honey monster is a massive challenge for a defender.

irnbru1903
09-11-2017, 09:07 PM
McInnes like tactics of waiting till they score a second before making a positive substitution. Plenty on the park begging to come off.

Jormungand
09-11-2017, 09:27 PM
So is Shinnie nae getting on? Is that nae just a wee bit off?

Redtothebone
09-11-2017, 09:34 PM
Aye just a bit... Taking the piss I would say

irnbru1903
09-11-2017, 09:34 PM
Pointless, unambitious pish from the management team and obviously showing on the park. The atmosphere highlights the entertainment value.

irnbru1903
09-11-2017, 09:38 PM
How McLean deserves yet another cap ahead of Shinnie is mind boggling. The hun in him is strong I guess.

donsdaft
09-11-2017, 09:42 PM
All to do with hunnishness.

McLean is a useless p'rick yet is a weegie favourite.

If I were Shinnie I'd just tell them where they can stuff their caps.

rico94
09-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Boyds comments through the week have probably put Makay off giving Shinnie a cap.

If I was Shinnie I would boot that fat Hun up in the air the first chance he gets when we play Kilmarnock in a few weeks.

irnbru1903
09-11-2017, 09:51 PM
No doubt Shinnie will be suspended for the Killie game. He must be close to it the number of times he has been booked.

InversneckieDob
09-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Davie Provo is wholly unlistenable. The man is a complete melt.

theram1975
09-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Davie Provo is wholly unlistenable. The man is a complete melt.

He nearly melted under his own messy load every time Tierney, McGregor or Forrest touched the ball.

Redtothebone
09-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Shinne is a positive guy this will not faze him B)

Feck_the_Huns
09-11-2017, 10:45 PM
No doubt Shinnie will be suspended for the Killie game. He must be close to it the number of times he has been booked.

Think he's out of the Mwell game on saturday week

erchieplum
09-11-2017, 10:58 PM
All to do with hunnishness.

McLean is a useless p'rick yet is a weegie favourite.

If I were Shinnie I'd just tell them where they can stuff their caps.
McLean did better second half, Christie did pretty well and did not look out of place .I concur in respect of Shinnie ,he should tell them to ram it .

sancho_panza
10-11-2017, 12:10 AM
Sitting in the main stand, you could hear Mackay shouting constant gibberish at the players all game.

On at least two or three occasions he was screaming "switch it" at someone when there was nobody remotely in a position to switch it to, at one point he was yelling at Christie to press four Holland players by himself, which is pointless, and the majority of what he was coming out with was completely meaningless.

Pacman1903
10-11-2017, 05:12 AM
Sitting in the main stand, you could hear Mackay shouting constant gibberish at the players all game.

On at least two or three occasions he was screaming "switch it" at someone when there was nobody remotely in a position to switch it to, at one point he was yelling at Christie to press four Holland players by himself, which is pointless, and the majority of what he was coming out with was completely meaningless.

Im surprised he wasn't shouting abuse at the black Dutch players to be honest

rico94
10-11-2017, 08:10 AM
McLean did better second half, Christie did pretty well and did not look out of place .I concur in respect of Shinnie ,he should tell them to ram it .

The thing that worries me is will Shinnie feel he will have to move on to get capped for Scotland?

The way he has been talking it seems like one of his ambitions is to play for Scotland.

rico94
10-11-2017, 08:12 AM
"Ake's played James Forrest really well tonight" opines Provan, as if marking the ******* honey monster is a massive challenge for a defender.

XD yeah I had to laugh when I heard him say that.

Isn't that just a polite way of saying Forrest has been pysh tonight.

Aldo1983
15-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Scotland have approached Norn Iron for ex Aberdeen man :D Michael O'Neill.

sancho_panza
15-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Scotland have approached Norn Iron for ex Aberdeen man :D Michael O'Neill.

Would he take it? On paper if he took over Scotland he would have a decent chance of getting us to the Euros given the new format (24 teams qualify and we're the 19th best team in UEFA according to the rankings), which would be regarded as a massive success story that he could use to move up the managerial ladder somewhere else. There's every chance we won't qualify though and he'll be getting tarred and feathered by the supporters the minute that happens.

Aldo1983
15-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Would he take it? On paper if he took over Scotland he would have a decent chance of getting us to the Euros given the new format (24 teams qualify and we're the 19th best team in UEFA according to the rankings), which would be regarded as a massive success story that he could use to move up the managerial ladder somewhere else. There's every chance we won't qualify though and he'll be getting tarred and feathered by the supporters the minute that happens.

He lives here and so does his backroom team. I think the SFA might already know if he is keen.

andoplzcumbak
15-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Decent interview on sportsound tonight with Shaun Maloney.

sheepcrooky
16-11-2017, 12:32 AM
Decent interview on sportsound tonight with Shaun Maloney.

Don’t forget this is the guy who told Boyce from Ross County to choose Burton Albion over AFC this summer. The period of English no-marks would not die if we appointed him. In my eyes, a dreadful appointment from the ever useless SFA. Let’s hope the equally incompetent Sevco board get in first.

Pacman1903
16-11-2017, 05:15 AM
He lives here and so does his backroom team. I think the SFA might already know if he is keen.

Hes lives in Edinburgh. Knows the game too as ive seen on BT sport when hes made random appearances. I think he might want it

Some diddies and The US national team are also after him too