PDA

View Full Version : Nicky Maynard

Rougvierocks
29-10-2017, 10:27 AM
When May seems so ineffective at the moment, why are we not playing Maynard from the start. He was very good yesterday, and has greater skill and passing ability. He needs a goal to give him his mojo and then think we would see the a real quality act.

RED_JOHN
29-10-2017, 11:05 AM
When May seems so ineffective at the moment, why are we not playing Maynard from the start. He was very good yesterday, and has greater skill and passing ability. He needs a goal to give him his mojo and then think we would see the a real quality act.

May is struggling for goals at the moment but I am convinced he will bang them in soon enough. As for Maynard....he has done very little and hardly shoots at goal . A striker who definitely needs a goal to boost his confidence.
The quicker we sign a Louis Moult (can hold the ball, height causes defenders problems and a goal scorer ) the better it will be for May etc to add to their game.

Rougvierocks
29-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Have to disagree, I think given a chance Nicky Maynard could be very good.

mondo_notion
29-10-2017, 12:05 PM
It's a tricky one. I don't think we can chance starting him even although he hasn't done much wrong. Stevie May doesn't strike me as the kind of player that would lose confidence were he benched but I think we need to stick with him for now until he finds his feet.

Is Maynard an out and out striker only? I think his link up play is usually great outside the box but then again I don't know jack sh*t about formations/ tactics etc.

neilthedon
29-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Like Andy Harrow then,.......or Goodwillie perhaps ?!!

RED_JOHN
29-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Have to disagree, I think given a chance Nicky Maynard could be very good.

I am quite confident in saying Nicky Maynard will not be a Dons player next season. Suppose we just have a difference of opinion about him. I think he offers us very little and we would be better trying to bleed in a youngster than playing him.

Jupiter
29-10-2017, 03:46 PM
I'd forgotten about him, he'll probably be gone in January.

DollyLongstaffe
29-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Could be done with a bit of luck. Yesterday I thought he played well when he came on, but he beautifully tees up Rooney for a virtual tap-in and one of the best finishers in Scotland unaccountably fluffs it. Should have been getting big props for creating a goal, which might have helped with the confidence boost he's clearly lacking. It just seemed typical of the way the ball won't run for him.

donsdaft
29-10-2017, 05:15 PM
I thought May played very well yesterday.

Maynard is s'hite

Rougvierocks
29-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Which game were you at, apart from a couple of decent passes, he did nothing to suggest he is supposed to be our forward, no goal threat at all. I personally would like to see him in the box, not going deep/wide all the time. For me Greg Stewart offered far more than May yesterday.

donsdaft
30-10-2017, 12:37 AM
I was at the game where he made constant intelligent runs into what modern football would call " the channels "

Unfortunately he seldom received the pass he was looking for.

As mobile a performance from an Aberdeen striker that I've seen for a long time.

Gogsred
30-10-2017, 12:47 AM
I was at the game where he made constant intelligent runs into what modern football would call " the channels "

Unfortunately he seldom received the pass he was looking for.

As mobile a performance from an Aberdeen striker that I've seen for a long time.

Agreed. He was very good. Just a pity he didn't get the service he needed. I also thought Stewart was very good . Not quite sure why he was substituted.

blowupsheep
30-10-2017, 03:11 AM
Maynard is sh1te

cougared
30-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Not impressed at all by Maynard and would agree that he def wont be at Todders next season. January would be a good time for him to move.

kigoretrout
30-10-2017, 01:54 PM
There is a player in there somewhere. Just not one that can score goals.