PDA

View Full Version : Dyche's Achilles heel

thedonz
29-10-2017, 03:04 PM
Sean Dyche made the decision to stick with Mee, Tarkowski and Long . He had the money to bring in another centre half but chose not too.

Ben Mee has cost us 2 goals in the last 2 games but seems undroppable. However brave he is , he is an accident waiting to happen.

One more mistake against Newcastle and it's time to drop him.

alfinyalcabo
29-10-2017, 03:19 PM
Ben Mee is a class act and a good player who is prone to the odd mistake ..I think we should bear with him for the time being and hope he starts to make a few less errors that cost us a goal.. I do know where you are coming from Donz though.. I thing Mee will know he's treading on dangerous ground and will be ultra safe before long (hopefully)

In Dyche We Trust
29-10-2017, 04:05 PM
you talk alot of rubbish donzy

Altobelli
29-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Maybe he has dropped a few clangers donz, but who do we have as capable as him in general to replace ? not much back up and as you say he did have the chance to replenish but decided not to, and don't forget Dyche does have his "favourites" as in when Boyd was having very poor games but he kept constantly picking him.

Brady for me is not performing as everyone said he would, the occasional free kick, defence stripping ball and goals are far too rare IMO as his general play is poor.

thedonz
29-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Like a gentlemen's club on here at time IDWT so appreciate your raw response .
As inaccurate as it is 🚾

thedonz
29-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Which odd number alf? 1 3 5 7 9.

Last season and this it's between 5 and 7 bad mistakes that have cost us goals. When he drops one it's a big one .

Still a very brave player.

barrie_burn
29-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Which odd number alf? 1 3 5 7 9.

Last season and this it's between 5 and 7 bad mistakes that have cost us goals. When he drops one it's a big one .

Still a very brave player.

I'm just glad Dyche picks the team.He hasn't done badly so far.

In Dyche We Trust
29-10-2017, 05:40 PM
i trust dyche more than you donz to pick players he works with every day but hey get your badges and give it a go -

thedonz
29-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Dyche's Achilles heel

exilecanada
29-10-2017, 06:53 PM
On the off chance we’re in the market for a centre back, Everton had a rather expensive piece of property sat in the stands today, unable to even make the bench. Maybe they’ll ship him back to us in a straight up deal for Kevin Long? :)

Disclaimer: May need considerable re-training. ;D

CaspertheClaret
29-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Donzy - are you forgetting that this is the Premier League?

Defenders are up against some of the best attacking forces in the world!!!

Tell me a defender in any team that doesn't get caught out.

I dont think Mee is titanium but I do think you would struggle to find a defender that is as reliable and complementary in terms of allowing others the luxury of his experience. Look at poor Keane who was solid as f for us yet when paired with those supposed Leviathans of world defending looks as fragile as hell.

alfinyalcabo
29-10-2017, 09:11 PM
For example..today the Everton defender slicing the ball into his own net.. Awful error on his part..

Altobelli
29-10-2017, 09:25 PM
For example..today the Everton defender slicing the ball into his own net.. Awful error on his part..

I thought that was funny alf :)

Did you notice the size of David Unsworth, he's certainly put on a few pounds.

alfinyalcabo
29-10-2017, 09:30 PM
I thought that was funny alf :)

Did you notice the size of David Unsworth, he's certainly put on a few pounds.

i think Barton said Unsworth was a fat manager today...lol

sinkov
29-10-2017, 10:15 PM
I've pointed out on another thread that Ben cocks it up once every game, and that's about it. I think any defender who only makes one mistake a game at this level can't be far off international class.