View Full Version : An outsiders view of the takeover..

ashingtoon62
31-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Very interesting,if not worrying read..
Some good insight and some scary possibilities..
Have a look...

http://tinyurl.com/ybgsjwpc

Jammy89
31-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Aye, i thought that was a good article as well.

The Jan bit worries me massively because i could see Rafa walking if he's screwed of Jan funds again and as the article says, he's our biggest asset for a sale.

ashingtoon62
31-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Aye, i thought that was a good article as well.

The Jan bit worries me massively because i could see Rafa walking if he's screwed of Jan funds again and as the article says, he's our biggest asset for a sale.

That is the most worrying part,can't see fat kernt hoying money aroond when he's trying to extract maximum profit..
And before anyone say's but thats daft. surely he would want to protect his investment..Wev'e had ten years of his gambling and risk taking.Can't wait till he f u cks off!!!!

Zippity
31-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Not sure what to make of his thoughts regarding no spending in January.

I get the point that an outgoing owner wouldn't want to commit more money to a business he's selling but, as the article points out, he could either lose a huge amount of money if he does sell us as a Chimpo club (if we got relegated) or risk the buyers pulling out altogether. Not investing in at least a striker and a number 10 in January would be the very definition of a false economy and here's why:

..without wishing to be too negative, whilst we've done very well to get the points we have done so far, it's still relatively early days. Go on a poor run and the lower reaches of the bottom half of the table aren't very far away. You could argue that other than Spurs, we've lost to very ordinary teams and gained wins against similar types of teams too. Games have been tight and will continue to be so and will be settled by the odd goal; with joselu and Perez as Rafa's preferred option up front we are going to find goals very hard to come by and sooner or later I fear this is going to become a much bigger issue. Our defensive solidity has surprised and impressed me (in several games) but that only gets you so far-unless Gayle or Mitro can convince Rafa they're up to the task then we're stuck with a non-scoring and lightweight front two.

I'd be very, very worried about our prospects if we didn't rectify this in January and if he wants us to sell us as a going premier League concern then Ashley should be worried too.

Jammy89
31-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Agreed Zip.

A new number 10 and striker are key. We need one of them certainly, really we need both.

If we fail in this i'll be seriously worried for rest of hte season.

Regardless of how well we're doing at hte minute, the aim of this season has to be avoiding relegation again. Offer me 17th now and i'd take it.

pboromag
31-10-2017, 07:38 PM
i cant see it being done by january

we are entering november and due dilligence is still being done

no doubt you will then have some bidding mayne two or more interested parties

and if anyone will dig their heals in ash will

its his money he will be giving away

what makes anyone sure the new owners will keep rafa

it vaery rarely happens

if you were someone watching us
would you keep him

if you saw how he performed at his last club would you keep him

he couldnt manage big players there

and he ceratainly doesnt play entertaining footy here

Jammy89
31-10-2017, 09:13 PM
what makes anyone sure the new owners will keep rafa

it vaery rarely happens

Because he's a champions League winning manager who has done well in most clubs he's been at and has been doing well here.

if you were someone watching us
would you keep him

if you saw how he performed at his last club would you keep him

he couldnt manage big players there

and he ceratainly doesnt play entertaining footy here

As sad as it is - Real Madrid and Newcastle are clubs in two very different areas footballing wise.

Yes I'd keep him and as most people don't have this hatred you have for him they look at all facts not just the negative ones.

pboromag
01-11-2017, 02:33 AM
if someone os coming here to make us a top 6-4 club there are a mountain of managers available with champs league experiance

it isnt sad
if you look over the last few seasons there has been a massive shift in player power and attitudehe couldnt manage those players or indeed that club
he didnt get high praise from fans or owners from chelsea allthough got results
towards the end of liverpool agaon fans and players were turning

i hope they keep him if only for continuation and a settled takeover
but i also hope they tell him to play with more than 1 player in the oppositions half

ashingtoon62
01-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Agreed Zip.

A new number 10 and striker are key. We need one of them certainly, really we need both.

If we fail in this i'll be seriously worried for rest of hte season.

Regardless of how well we're doing at hte minute, the aim of this season has to be avoiding relegation again. Offer me 17th now and i'd take it.

Agree with both of you BUUTTT!
Why didn't we buy the striker and No 10 in the summer??
Everyone knew we needed them so if he was gambling in August what makes yous think he wont gamble in Jan ?

ex_pat_magpie
01-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Everyone knew we needed them so if he was gambling in August what makes yous think he wont gamble in Jan ?

Surely all of this hinges on what Ashley is prepared to lob in as a contribution.

ghostrider
01-11-2017, 10:03 AM

I honestly don't think Rafa seen a striker or number 10 a priority in terms of top quality, for two reasons.

1. He would wreck any decent striker and number 10 by basically turning them into workhorses with his cautious approach.

2. To even bring top quality in, in those positions would (in this crazy market) have cost the club a kings ransom.
Look at Everton and their silly buys.

It seems like a little dig at Rafa with what I've said and in a way, it is a LITTLE dig, because I believe he can get more out of the players offensively if he just altered his super cautious mindset.

This is why our front players look less than impressive in terms of what we expect of them, yet in reality they do a sterling job the Rafa way, which is why he keeps sending them out.

With this mindset even Aguero would struggle to look anything other than just slightly above average, as would a decent number 10.

ashingtoon62
01-11-2017, 10:08 AM
I honestly don't think Rafa seen a striker or number 10 a priority in terms of top quality, for two reasons.

1. He would wreck any decent striker and number 10 by basically turning them into workhorses with his cautious approach.

2. To even bring top quality in, in those positions would (in this crazy market) have cost the club a kings ransom.
Look at Everton and their silly buys.

It seems like a little dig at Rafa with what I've said and in a way, it is a LITTLE dig, because I believe he can get more out of the players offensively if he just altered his super cautious mindset.

This is why our front players look less than impressive in terms of what we expect of them, yet in reality they do a sterling job the Rafa way, which is why he keeps sending them out.

With this mindset even Aguero would struggle to look anything other than just slightly above average, as would a decent number 10.

Disagree with the No 10 reasoning,there are plenty players out there better than Perez, who wouldnt cost a kings ransom...
Feel silly writing this next bit: with a decent No 10 even Hos would score more...

ghostrider
01-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Disagree with the No 10 reasoning,there are plenty players out there better than Perez, who wouldnt cost a kings ransom...
Feel silly writing this next bit: with a decent No 10 even Hos would score more... A decent number 10 rarely gets the chance to play the number 10 role. That's why I'm saying that a decent number 10 would look way less effective than he would normally be under Rafa, due to Rafa's cautious mindset.

I'm not saying Perez is a top number 10 or anything, I'm merely saying that both those players look less than effective to us fans more due to them not getting the opportunities to play those roles to any real effect due to our negative set up and our reliance on Shelvey homing missiles.

We are irritatingly too negative and will suffer for it if Rafa doesn't balance it out.

ex_pat_magpie
01-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Rafa is always going to stick to his tried and tested formula which has always worked to a degree for him in the past.

1) Get the defence sorted out and established first.

2) Get the midfield settled next.

3) Finally get the attacking areas up to scratch.

When he is working on Ashley's limited budget the rate of this progress is held back significantly. So patience then comes in to the equation.

toptoon
01-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Rafa is always going to stick to his tried and tested formula which has always worked to a degree for him in the past.

When he is working on Ashley's limited budget the rate of this progress is held back significantly. So patience then comes in to the equation.

Good post.

Shame he didnīt get the keeper he wanted too - I think heīll be after one in Jan again.

ashingtoon62
01-11-2017, 05:33 PM

Pat you little tinker you,Iv'e read that somewhere in the last couple of days..Plaigiarism comes to mind,were you a copier at school?:O
Whilst this seems like the most logical approach,I'm sure the original author didnt mean it would:? take THREE FU C KING SEASONS...................:?

Jammy89
01-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Good post.

Shame he didnīt get the keeper he wanted too - I think heīll be after one in Jan again.

I think that is likely as well.

toonlegend
01-11-2017, 10:06 PM
Pat you little tinker you,Iv'e read that somewhere in the last couple of days..Plaigiarism comes to mind,were you a copier at school?:O
Whilst this seems like the most logical approach,I'm sure the original author didnt mean it would:? take THREE FU C KING SEASONS...................:?

aye bit the writer obviously didn't factor the ashley effect in

ex_pat_magpie
01-11-2017, 11:42 PM

Are you not just stirring having had a bit of heavy water. B) And Toptoon who is well read agreed.

Or show me the quote as my eldest son and myself have been discussing this ever since it was rumoured that Rafa was arriving.

ashingtoon62
02-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Are you not just stirring having had a bit of heavy water. B) And Toptoon who is well read agreed.

Or show me the quote as my eldest son and myself have been discussing this ever since it was rumoured that Rafa was arriving.

No I wasnt stirring and the quote was numbered exactly the same.
I couldnt give a toss that Toptoon agrees with you,I never said I didnt just pointing out a plan like that shouldnt take 3 seasons...(thats IF he starts sorting the attack out this season?)

Im not trawlling the net looking for said quote either but if I come accross it by chance,I will post it then we can all say eeee what a coincidence....

ex_pat_magpie
02-11-2017, 08:42 AM
No I wasnt stirring and the quote was numbered exactly the same.
I couldnt give a toss that Toptoon agrees with you,I never said I didnt just pointing out a plan like that shouldnt take 3 seasons...(thats IF he starts sorting the attack out this season?)

Im not trawlling the net looking for said quote either but if I come accross it by chance,I will post it then we can all say eeee what a coincidence....

Well to be totally honest it wasn't me who first considered that strategy, which by the way although numbered, was only numbered to show a progress and never at all a season by season strategy, was first pointed out to me by both of my sons over 10 years ago when Rafa was at Liverpool.

Although both lads born in Surrey, my oldest is a staunch Toon fan but my youngest, who June has met unfortunately followed his maternal Granddad and became a Liverpool fan.

Thus the discussions about Rafa's management style all of those years ago which if you care to look back into history you will find similar, not only at Liverpool but also at Napoli and to a lesser extent at Chelsea and Real.

Also by the way, anybody could see it happening so it's not rocket science but merely an observation of the obvious.

toptoon
02-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Also by the way, anybody could see it happening so it's not rocket science but merely an observation of the obvious.

Itīs still a good observation for those who expect/ think we can have it all now. Saying it has taken 3 years is not true. A different type of player was bought to get out of the Fizzy (everyone knows that).

ex_pat_magpie
02-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Itīs still a good observation for those who expect/ think we can have it all now. Saying it has taken 3 years is not true. A different type of player was bought to get out of the Fizzy (everyone knows that).

Too right Toptoon, and that's what Rafa has had to juggle with. First of all to build a team/squad on limited resources to get promotion from the Fizzy.

Next to move on the players who were ideal for promotion but not quite up to the Premiership then again with limited resources rebuild a Premiership squad by replacing those discarded with as much better quality as could be afforded within Ashley's constraints.

I'm sure he would love the funds to be able to do it all within one season but until they are available it's steady as you go and build brick by brick.

ashingtoon62
02-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Too right Toptoon, and that's what Rafa has had to juggle with. First of all to build a team/squad on limited resources to get promotion from the Fizzy.

Next to move on the players who were ideal for promotion but not quite up to the Premiership then again with limited resources rebuild a Premiership squad by replacing those discarded with as much better quality as could be afforded within Ashley's constraints.

I'm sure he would love the funds to be able to do it all within one season but until they are available it's steady as you go and build brick by brick.

Changing the goalposts now?

If yee two think Rafa works only with the defence at his new club,then only when that's right he then sorts the mid oot then the strikers, I'm astounded.Hes much more of a holistic manager than that,jesus you just have to read the Ronnie or listen to his interviews to know that..

pboromag
02-11-2017, 05:29 PM
im sure someone has been reading the kronikle
they had exactly the same theory
numbered the same way

and any manager would sort out from the back
every manager sorts the defensive side out of any team they go into

especially loosing or underperforming sides

or at least attempt to

build from the back

truth is if i was spending 400 mill on a side i would want to be entertained
and so do many owners

roman and the lads at city soon move managers on

would you want to spend 400 mill on a project to be bored to death

would you give 400 mill to rafa to spend on players

he brought joselwho turning out to be a rigt pile of sh1t3
murphy
he wont play him
lad in the midfield seems half decent but seems to be getting worse by the game

many are beggining to say the style of play is numbing

as did the tea before he came here

the game has changed
im not so sure rafa could

settling the ship and all that

but i just dont think he would be allowed to continue to play hthe footy he does under new owners

ashingtoon62
02-11-2017, 06:13 PM
im sure someone has been reading the kronikle
they had exactly the same theory
numbered the same way

and any manager would sort out from the back
every manager sorts the defensive side out of any team they go into

especially loosing or underperforming sides

or at least attempt to

build from the back

truth is if i was spending 400 mill on a side i would want to be entertained
and so do many owners

roman and the lads at city soon move managers on

would you want to spend 400 mill on a project to be bored to death

would you give 400 mill to rafa to spend on players

he brought joselwho turning out to be a rigt pile of sh1t3
murphy
he wont play him
lad in the midfield seems half decent but seems to be getting worse by the game

many are beggining to say the style of play is numbing

as did the tea before he came here

the game has changed
im not so sure rafa could

settling the ship and all that

but i just dont think he would be allowed to continue to play hthe footy he does under new owners

Pats al yours I divvint knah how you cope...

toptoon
02-11-2017, 06:15 PM

If yee two think Rafa works only with the defence at his new club,then only when that's right he then sorts the mid oot then the strikers, I'm astounded.Hes much more of a holistic manager than that,jesus you just have to read the Ronnie or listen to his interviews to know that..

Aye but heīs not a miracle worker. He had no money to buy players and so heīs concentrated on the defence first.

jacapus
02-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Why you continue to question Rafa's ability is beyond me. Lets look at a number of facts.
1) He steadied the ship at the end of the season before last when relegation was almost inevitable.
2) He made some very shrewd buys & generated much needed income in readiness for the chimpo.
3) He was the architect of our promotion.
4) He has engineered a team ethic which has resulted in our top half position having been shafted - yes shafted by Ashley.
5) He is revered by the vast majority of our supporters & those of the bin dippers - surely they can't be wrong.
6) He was recognised at the recent forum of elite managers which was an accolade not just for him but for our club.It was not as you put it a ''jolly''.
I for one can't wait until he has realistic funds to spend.We will then no doubt have quality as well as the great team spirit he has currently generated. I Rafa we trust.

ashingtoon62
02-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Aye but heīs not a miracle worker. He had no money to buy players and so heīs concentrated on the defence first.

Who say's?
Could it not be that we had better defenders than attackers..cough...
He was fu c king stitched up by Ashley this summer,like a kipper...
Although he did haveĢ17m and he spent it on a four goal a season man and one for the future???
What he was thinking is beyond me..
He might as well hoyed the Ģ5 at Abrahams and let Ashley keep the other twelve...:?

And PS Pat of course we bought players for the fizzy,cos we were in the fizzy,everybody knahs that so why keep ganning on about it??

Jammy89
02-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Why you continue to question Rafa's ability is beyond me. Lets look at a number of facts.
1) He steadied the ship at the end of the season before last when relegation was almost inevitable.
2) He made some very shrewd buys & generated much needed income in readiness for the chimpo.
4) He has engineered a team ethic which has resulted in our top half position having been shafted - yes shafted by Ashley.
5) He is revered by the vast majority of our supporters & those of the bin dippers - surely they can't be wrong.
6) He was recognised at the recent forum of elite managers which was an accolade not just for him but for our club.It was not as you put it a ''jolly''.
I for one can't wait until he has realistic funds to spend.We will then no doubt have quality as well as the great team spirit he has currently generated. I Rafa we trust.

Well said.

toptoon
02-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Who say's?
Although he did haveĢ17m and he spent it on a four goal a season man and one for the future???
He might as well hoyed the Ģ5 at Abrahams and let Ashley keep the other twelve...:?

And PS Pat of course we bought players for the fizzy,cos we were in the fizzy,everybody knahs that so why keep ganning on about it??

Unlike you, I havenīt written Joselu off yet. Heīs had a couple of good games and a couple of poor games for us - too early for me to make a judgement. Also, we did try to sign Abrahams (only a loan option was available) and he didnīt want to come. He was Rafaīs preferred choice of striker last window (even before 'whatīs his name' from Ars*nal).

Iīm looking forward to watching Rafa build the squad.

ex_pat_magpie
02-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Who say's?

The last line of which you refer to i.e. Fizzy purchases was put in as a reminder for your close neighbour who expects miracles at every stage but at the price of Ashley's peanuts.

As you well know I don't have access to his posts thankfully now but unfortunately see them when another poster quotes from a reply. ;D

ex_pat_magpie
02-11-2017, 08:38 PM

Who is saying he only works with the defence. If you do then you are moving the goal posts and the entire pitch.

He STARTS with the defence. You have to begin somewhere. B)

It really is that basic and simple.

pboromag
02-11-2017, 09:19 PM

he wasnt the architect of our promotion ash was by giving him a massive budget
he had a massive budget in the fizzy and we stumbled over the line and failed to imress anyone

he had a small budget this window granted but spent it on ares we already had cover to an extent and has left us with a forward line he doesnt use
murphuy who he wont play
no left back

yes we are currently getting results
but we all went from thinking the fizzy was probably going to be a cake walk to having to wait to the last minute of the last game to be the champios every one thought we would be ..easily and we had to rely on another teams result

now we are in the prem and we are all or most anyway just thankfull he is boring us points with his team his players

he has ahd 2-3 seasons to get thes eplayers playing
he cant get mitro playing
he wont play gayle
he wonnt play murphy

he paid top dollar for murphy and gayle

and sorry jammy but the elite manager thing is just ****e
i won and insustry award not long ago
all i had to do was shake the right hands and advertise in the right magazines

h e didnt make shrewd buys he had the keys to the candy store for pheck sake
he didnt steady the ship he yook us down he failed in the job he took on (for a massive wage by the way )ust as well he was out of work as i dont think he would have left any club to come here

jacapus
02-11-2017, 09:51 PM
he wasnt the architect of our promotion ash was by giving him a massive budget
he had a massive budget in the fizzy and we stumbled over the line and failed to imress anyone WE 'STUMBLED'OVER THE LINE BY 9 POINTS FFS & HE MADE A MASSIVE PROFIT ON TRANSFERS

he had a small budget this window granted but spent it on ares we already had cover to an extent and has left us with a forward line he doesnt use
murphuy who he wont play
no left back
IN GENERAL THE PURCHASES (EX JOSELU FOR WHOM THE JURY IS STILL OUT) HAVE BEEN GOOD.MORINO IS EXCELLENT,MANQUILLO HAS BEEN SOLID,LEJEUNE HAS IMPRESSED,MURPHY IS YOUNG & IS YET TO BE BLOODED.PROVEN STRIKERS WERE BEYOND REACH DUE TO FAT ASHLEY'S FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS.
yes we are currently getting results WAY & BEYOND OUR WILDEST DREAMS GIVEN THE CIRCUMSTANCES
but we all went from thinking the fizzy was probably going to be a cake walk to having to wait to the last minute of the last game to be the champios every one thought we would be ..easily and we had to rely on another teams result AS MENTIONED WE WERE 3 WINS CLEAR OF THE 3RD TEAM - OUTSTANDING BY ANY STANDARDS &....... NO ONE BUT NO ONE EXPECTED A CAKEWALK - LOOK AT THE MACKEMS (YOUR TEAM'S) CURRENT EFFORT.

now we are in the prem and we are all or most anyway just thankfull he is boring us points with his team his players HE IS IN THE PROCESS OF CONSOLIDATING OUR POSITION IN THE TOUGHEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD HAVING BEEN LIED AT AND HANDED MEAGRE RESOURCES IN THE LAST WINDOW.

he has ahd 2-3 seasons to get thes eplayers playing ...... YES INDEED - CHAMPIONS 2016/17 & NOW IN THE TOP 10 - NOT BAD EH ??????
he cant get mitro playing MITRO HIMSELF HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THIS -
he wont play gayle I'LL GIVE YOU THAT ONE AS I FEEL GAYLE SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE NOW.
he wonnt play murphy YOUNG BLOOD WHO'S TIME WILL COME

he paid top dollar for murphy and gayle .....& LOOK WHAT GAYLE PRODUCED/COTRIBUTED TO THE PROMOTION PUSH

and sorry jammy but the elite manager thing is just ****e BOLLO***
i won and insustry award not long ago
all i had to do was shake the right hands and advertise in the right magazines PRESTIGIOUS RECOGNITION FOR ACHIEVEMENT IN THE INDUSTRY.

h e didnt make shrewd buys he had the keys to the candy store for pheck sake OH YES HE DID - HIS BUYS WERE WITHOUT DOUBT BRILLIANT GIVEN ADEQUATE YES ADEQUATE BACKING TO GET THE FAT MAN OUT OF THE MESS HE GOT US IN.
he didnt steady the ship he yook us down he failed in the job he took on (for a massive wage by the way )ust as well he was out of work as i dont think he would have left any club to come here SO WE DIDNT PLAY BETTER UNDER HIS STEWARDSHIP? REMEMBER THE FINAL GAME WHEN THE COCKNEYS HAD EVERYTHING TO PLAY FOR ?

You must realise that you are in the minority if you can't see Rafa's worth to the club both in terms of his expertise & in the ongoing takeover discussions.We now have a Manager/Team & Supporters who are all pulling together, something we haven't had for a long time.Good times ahead I say ! FFS get your pint half full.

Jammy89
03-11-2017, 06:49 AM
SO WE DIDNT PLAY BETTER UNDER HIS STEWARDSHIP? REMEMBER THE FINAL GAME WHEN THE COCKNEYS HAD EVERYTHING TO PLAY FOR ?

You must realise that you are in the minority if you can't see Rafa's worth to the club both in terms of his expertise & in the ongoing takeover discussions.We now have a Manager/Team & Supporters who are all pulling together, something we haven't had for a long time.Good times ahead I say ! FFS get your pint half full.

He enjoys being different to everybody and attempting to wind the rest of us up Jacapus.

ex_pat_magpie
03-11-2017, 11:51 AM
SO WE DIDNT PLAY BETTER UNDER HIS STEWARDSHIP? REMEMBER THE FINAL GAME WHEN THE COCKNEYS HAD EVERYTHING TO PLAY FOR ?

A minority of exactly one. B)

pboromag
03-11-2017, 12:41 PM

we should have been home and dusted before the last game
and yes he is bringing experiance but so would many many managers

and what if the people who take over not the girl and her lot dont want Rafa and want to be entertained and went for someone like simeone

the truth is a few games down the line with poor results and the fans will turn on rafa as they did Sir Bbby

pboromag
03-11-2017, 12:42 PM
He enjoys being different to everybody and attempting to wind the rest of us up Jacapus.

im not different jammy
i have a different view
and stand by it

if that winds people up so be it

Zippity
03-11-2017, 02:28 PM
im not different jammy
i have a different view
and stand by it

if that winds people up so be it

Nope. That's not the case and you know it, man.

Nobody minds a difference of opinion-even not rating Rafa is fine by me-I don't agree with it but don't have an issue with you not rating him. Everyone on here -and that includes yourself- knows that you say certain things in certain ways in order to get a rise out of folk. There's no point pretending otherwise. :)

jacapus
03-11-2017, 04:24 PM
we should have been home and dusted before the last game am i missing something - we achieved our objective i.e.. Promotion before the last game.going up as champions was a bonus. Let me reiterate we were promoted as champions - not also rans like uddersfield !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it will fall on nasla ability but smell the coffee for once ...... In rafa we trust !
And yes he is bringing experiance but so would many many managers

and what if the people who take over not the girl and her lot dont want rafa and want to be entertained and went for someone like simeone

the truth is a few games down the line with poor results and the fans will turn on rafa as they did sir bbby we will see

jacapus
03-11-2017, 04:26 PM
we will see
for nasla read nasal

trinitoon
04-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Shoot me... ...but I am so desperate for the landscape to change that I could take Rafa walking, as long as the takeover proceeded and concluded.

I am Rafa’s biggest fan so my position has nothing to do with current form. He is the club’s biggest asset. And I’m firmly behind him despite not agreeing with several of his decisions. But the bigger issue here is the direction of the club and available money. So in my opinion, the takeover is more important. I can see him walking before the takeover because he was undermined last Summer, leaving us short up front. If he can’t keep the faith, it wouldn’t surprise me.

Just want Sugar Lips to wrap up her Due Diligence, put money on the table and take us away from that fat cu*nt.

Jammy89
04-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Shoot me... ...but I am so desperate for the landscape to change that I could take Rafa walking, as long as the takeover proceeded and concluded.

I am Rafa’s biggest fan so my position has nothing to do with current form. He is the club’s biggest asset. And I’m firmly behind him despite not agreeing with several of his decisions. But the bigger issue here is the direction of the club and available money. So in my opinion, the takeover is more important. I can see him walking before the takeover because he was undermined last Summer, leaving us short up front. If he can’t keep the faith, it wouldn’t surprise me.

Just want Sugar Lips to wrap up her Due Diligence, put money on the table and take us away from that fat cu*nt.

I think he will if he's not backed properly in Jan.

pboromag
05-11-2017, 08:50 AM
we will see

the boos yesterday could be the start

spme fans will take the negative footy if the results go their way
but wont as of like the last few games they havent

could be a whole new picture come the end of the watford game

toptoon
05-11-2017, 11:43 AM

Good post.

Rafa is a brilliant manager but he can only work with what he has and does make mistakes - just like the rest of us.

Itīs amazing what difference one game can make. It was a bad loss for us yesterday but if we had been luckier in the first half we woudl have 3 more points now and everyone would be happy.

ex_pat_magpie
05-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Good post.

Rafa is a brilliant manager but he can only work with what he has and does make mistakes - just like the rest of us.

Itīs amazing what difference one game can make. It was a bad loss for us yesterday but if we had been luckier in the first half we woudl have 3 more points now and everyone would be happy.

i.e. Gayle's "offside" goal. Going in at half time a goal up would have made a big difference.