PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton on saturday

GASC1980
02-11-2017, 05:28 PM
First time we've played them there on a Saturday for over 7 years!!!
Hopefully a good turnout as usual from us and hopefully a win.
COYR

Aldo1983
02-11-2017, 06:15 PM
0-1 Consi

Club sent me a ticket without me ordering one. Top Red.

Pacman1903
02-11-2017, 07:31 PM
In/Oot-Oot

Furryboots- The Atlantic

Pre - Graft

Post- Graft

Prediction - 0-0

Sidney77
02-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Cash gate possible?
1-0 win for Dons.

blowupsheep
04-11-2017, 06:02 AM
Is Shinnie suspended for today?

thebeachend
04-11-2017, 06:42 AM
comfortable away win, by 2 clear goals

sheepcrooky
04-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Horrible pitch and stadium, and apart from Parkhead, probably our worst venue in terms of results over the past three years.

I’ll go for a tight 1-0 win, Rooney.

thebeachend
04-11-2017, 02:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNywS9WW4AAFyCy.jpg

sheepcrooky
04-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Looks like the same side that started against Ross County, happy enough with that.

Pacman1903
04-11-2017, 02:58 PM
GMS in for Wright

1 Lewis
2 Logan
14 Arnason
19 McKenna
3 Shinnie
5 O'Connor
8 Stewart
7 McLean
22 Christie
11 Mackay-Steven
83 May

4 Considine
6 Reynolds
9 Rooney
10 Maynard
15 Wright
16 Tansey
20 Rogers

NaeMairNeeps
04-11-2017, 03:22 PM
B0ll0cks .... deja vu? :(

Pacman1903
04-11-2017, 03:22 PM
F@ck

Mr_Grieves
04-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Get in there - Stewart 1-1

NaeMairNeeps
Yyaaaassssss! Stewart. ) COYR

InversneckieDob
B0ll0cks .... deja vu? :(

Nuh.

sheepcrooky
04-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Get in.

Pacman1903
04-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Yaaaas min

macattack
04-11-2017, 03:56 PM
1-1 need to get a winner 2nd half listened to 1st half on radio in car has Stewart been moved to a No 10 role with Christie oot wide ?

Mr_Grieves
04-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Sounds like we're riding our luck here.

irnbru1903
04-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Hamilton have no fear of us on their toytown pitch for obvious reasons. Coupled with our lack of cutting edge makes this a game in which any point is better than none. An improvement on last season but is that really how good we are?

bpdon
04-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Sounds like we're riding our luck here.

Aye. Very had to listen to this. Games getting stretched and we don't sound too convincing at either end of the pitch.

NaeMairNeeps
04-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Yassssss!!!! :)

Mr_Grieves
04-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Kari 2-1 - fvcking get in there

blowupsheep
04-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Yesssssssss...... Aranson Yesssssssss

irnbru1903
04-11-2017, 04:33 PM
BBC about three minutes behind but a belated yassssssssssss.

NaeMairNeeps
04-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Noooooo!! 2-2 :(

bpdon
04-11-2017, 04:34 PM
FFsake.

blowupsheep
04-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Wtf

macattack
04-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Pants 2 points dropped :(

Pacman1903
04-11-2017, 04:52 PM
For f@ck sake that's a poor result that.

Hibs and sevco winning doesn't help either

bpdon
04-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Hard to work out what the hell was going on most of the time listening to red tv. Im guessing, but suspect Accies had the better of that game with more chances and possession - perhaps lucky to get a point? Terrible to concede what sounded like such a simple goal so soon after earning the lead.

irnbru1903
A point I guess against a very poor team away from home. Could be worse and likely would against most other teams. Lewis is getting very accustomed to picking the ball out of the net these days.

sheepcrooky
Even Red TV struggled to make us sound good today. I hate that plastic excuse for a pitch.

blowupsheep
04-11-2017, 04:55 PM
very very poor result that, hibs and huns breathing right down wir neck....... very poor indeed

COYR

Landvetter83
04-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Absolutely keech result. Never acceptable not to beat them.

Really grates your tits when the report on afternoon Sportscene says "... a really even encounter". F@ck that!

However, it's one more point than we gained from two visits there last season .....

andoplzcumbak
04-11-2017, 05:15 PM
They basturts play like it's their last ever game v us!
Need to up our game if we're to keep 2nd.

RedStarTorphins
04-11-2017, 06:33 PM
A terrible performance.
No doubt in my mind we’re weaker than last years team
O’Connor a downgrade on Jack
GMS & Stewart ate half the players McGinn & Hayes are

Today we got what we deserved.

DM hs to take a portion of the blame.
2nd half was bizarre.
Stewart at centre forward, May wide left?!
WTF?!
Maynard given 2 minutes?!
Utterly bizarre.

A poor way for Derek to bow out.

rico94
04-11-2017, 07:06 PM
GMS & Stewart ate half the players

A bit of cannibalism going on today?

No much wonder we only got a draw if they ate half the players.

Pacman1903
04-11-2017, 07:13 PM

To be honest getting a draw with half a teams a good result

RedStarTorphins
04-11-2017, 07:15 PM

Ah fecking fat thumb syndrome.

To be fair, Stewart looks like he might have.
He’s SO slow.

At one point out front 3 was Stewart, Rooney & May.

Is there’s a slower front line in the league?

Game was crying out for pace & width.

Maynard & Wright should have been on for May & Stewart long before the end.

Jupiter
04-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Did you guys not read about Stewart in the P&J today? He said he had 3 summer holidays and spent most of the time getting pissed, and admitted that he was woefully unfit for the start of the season.

rico94
04-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Ah fecking fat thumb syndrome.

To be fair, Stewart looks like he might have.
He’s SO slow.

At one point out front 3 was Stewart, Rooney & May.

Is there’s a slower front line in the league?

Game was crying out for pace & width.

Maynard & Wright should have been on for May & Stewart long before the end.

Maynard hasn't got any pace either,his knees are gone he can hardly run.

I thought Stewart would be better than he has been but he still has 2 more goals than Maynard has.He will be lucky if he even scores for us.

87kilos
04-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Hate to say this but we desperately missed Ryan Jack today.

Not sure if Tansey isn't quite fit enough yet but we need a wee bit more mobility and pace than O'Connor. Thought Shay was very poor again but most of the team lacked energy and drive.

RedStarTorphins
04-11-2017, 07:58 PM
Did you guys not read about Stewart in the P&J today? He said he had 3 summer holidays and spent most of the time getting pissed, and admitted that he was woefully unfit for the start of the season.

F**k me, it’s November & he still looks overweight & slow.
No excuse now.

RedStarTorphins
04-11-2017, 08:02 PM

Not sure if Tansey isn't quite fit enough yet but we need a wee bit more mobility and pace than O'Connor. Thought Shay was very poor again but most of the team lacked energy and drive.

Yip.
Jack is a better player than AOC.
Tansey though, he hasn’t looked great what I’ve seen of him.

rico94
04-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Yip.
Jack is a better player than AOC.
Tansey though, he hasn’t looked great what I’ve seen of him.

No offence rst but you were moaning this time last season about it not being good enough and that was with Hayes,McGinn and Jack in the team.

We are 6 points better off than this time last year,I agree with you that McGinn and Hayes are better than Stewart and GMS but it was always going to be hard replacing them.I don't think Jack was as mobile as you think,before his Hun side came out people on here use to cream their pants over him but he was slow,never tackled,only passed backwards or sideways and never scored.Hence he is not a miss.

At the end of the day a lot of people have said that the majority of the team haven't played well so far yet we have 27 points out of 36 points.We weren't playing well this time last year with less points than this year and ended up having a decent season so we might end up doing ok this season too.

sancho_panza
04-11-2017, 09:15 PM

We missed someone like Jack at any rate (Tansey maybe). We didn't look any better than them and a draw was either a fair result or slightly flattering to us.

Far too many aimless balls into the channels or trying to hit May with long balls (only to watch him either fail to win the header or flick it on into no-man's land). When we did eventually get it into wide areas with Stewart, GMS or Shinnie we looked relatively dangerous, but it didn't happen enough and we weren't solid enough in the middle of the park. Christie had a disaster for whatever reason, could barely control anything and should have probably been taken off. May did little apart from a few admittedly fantastic corners into the box.

RedStarTorphins
04-11-2017, 09:21 PM
No offence rst but you were moaning this time last season about it not being good enough and that was with Hayes,McGinn and Jack in the team.

We are 6 points better off than this time last year,I agree with you that McGinn and Hayes are better than Stewart and GMS but it was always going to be hard replacing them.I don't think Jack was as mobile as you think,before his Hun side came out people on here use to cream their pants over him but he was slow,never tackled,only passed backwards or sideways and never scored.Hence he is not a miss.

At the end of the day a lot of people have said that the majority of the team haven't played well so far yet we have 27 points out of 36 points.We weren't playing well this time last year with less points than this year and ended up having a decent season so we might end up doing ok this season too.

I just don’t think we are as much of a threat this season especially out wide, which in turn negates the likes of May & Rooney.
But I take on board that we’re ahead of points from last year but that said I think we’d played the Glasgow teams 3 times by this time last year? (could be wrong on that)

rico94
04-11-2017, 09:29 PM
I just don’t think we are as much of a threat this season especially out wide, which in turn negates the likes of May & Rooney.
But I take on board that we’re ahead of points from last year but that said I think we’d played the Glasgow teams 3 times by this time last year? (could be wrong on that)

True but this time last year we beat Partick 2-1, the team was,

Aberdeen Teamsheet: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Considine, O'Connor, McLean, Hayes, Jack, Maddison (McGinn 76), Rooney, Stockley (Reynolds 88).

Today it was,

Aberdeen Teamsheet: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, O'Connor, McLean, Stewart, Mackay-Steven (Rooney 80), Arnason, McKenna, Christie, May (Maynard 90).

I don't think the team/squad was much better then than it is now,if you recall we were winning games around that time but not playing that well.Pretty much like we have been this season.

GASC1980
05-11-2017, 10:30 AM
I fear that the team have got it into their heads that the ground is Cappielow and that it is Morton in blue and white hoops instead of accies in red and white ones. Horrible horrible place and team.

Aldo1983
05-11-2017, 10:52 AM
True but this time last year we beat Partick 2-1, the team was,

Aberdeen Teamsheet: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Considine, O'Connor, McLean, Hayes, Jack, Maddison (McGinn 76), Rooney, Stockley (Reynolds 88).

Today it was,

Aberdeen Teamsheet: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, O'Connor, McLean, Stewart, Mackay-Steven (Rooney 80), Arnason, McKenna, Christie, May (Maynard 90).

I don't think the team/squad was much better then than it is now,if you recall we were winning games around that time but not playing that well.Pretty much like we have been this season.

It's a good point. The loss of Hayes makes a big, big difference though.

Pacman1903
06-11-2017, 09:20 AM
The EE report continually mentions the surface as if it was part to blame for a sh@te result

Sevco, Celtic, Hearts, Motherwell, and us have managed to win there already

Partick got a draw when they were bottom and QOTS who are keech grabbed a draw too

Only Dudee and Stenhousemuir have came away with nothing this season

Sean Wallace, just say it was a poor performance and conceding two goals to a sh@te team who have only scored twice or more twice this season (once against a bottom tier team) prior is not f@cking good enough and the pitch has f@ck all to do with it

bpdon
06-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Just watched the highlights on Red TV. That is some pretty poor, half-hearted, defending from Shay on their equaliser. Shades of Armstrong's Scottish cup final strike about it. He left Joe unsighted and gave Templeton time to pop out to get his perm tightened before picking his spot in the bottom corner.

It sounded like too many players weren't on their game yesterday. Yet we still ground our way into the lead (as we have done often this season). Frustrating as hell to throw it away so cheaply and so quickly.

DandiesLegend
06-11-2017, 11:02 AM
Just watched the highlights on Red TV. That is some pretty poor, half-hearted, defending from Shay on their equaliser. Shades of Armstrong's Scottish cup final strike about it. He left Joe unsighted and gave Templeton time to pop out to get his perm tightened before picking his spot in the bottom corner.

I really do Hate to say it but i've noticed quite a few of our goals we ship is due to Shay turning his back and standing off of players. Saturday the free kick he jumped out the way of the ball (should of had his heed, nose, chin whatever in the way) and the second was his typical turn his back and stand off the player. I'm beginning to see if it wasn't for his likeability, his attitude and constant celtic bashing there may be more murmurings of his actual ability, he certainly hasn't been that great this year id say, his defending this year has actually been ridiculously woeful.

afc1903mad
06-11-2017, 01:49 PM

After 12 games last year we had 23 points as opposed to 27 this year with a 7/2/3 results as opposed to 8/3/1 this year
We had played Celtic home and away with Rangers at home.
Our 3 loses coming from Celtic home and away and wait for it................. Hamilton away

We had scored 20 goals last years after 12 games, same as this year, but boosted by two 4-0 wins against Kilmarnock and Ross County.
We'd conceded 11 goals last year against conceding 12 this year.

In terms of goals scored, were statistically the same threat as last year.
I'm not sure about created chances, but certainly I feel we dominate more this year and are more likely to win games.

afc1903mad
06-11-2017, 01:52 PM
The EE report continually mentions the surface as if it was part to blame for a sh@te result

Partick got a draw when they were bottom and QOTS who are keech grabbed a draw too

Sean Wallace, just say it was a poor performance and conceding two goals to a sh@te team who have only scored twice or more twice this season (once against a bottom tier team) prior is not f@cking good enough and the pitch has f@ck all to do with it

Last year we lost both games at Hamilton.
I think the pitch is a factor to be honest.

Aldo1983
06-11-2017, 02:10 PM

Poor preparation from us perhaps.

afc1903mad
06-11-2017, 02:21 PM

Do we selectively choose not to prepare well when playing Hamilton at their ground?

Since they were promoted P8 W2 D3 L3

17/10/2014 - Hamilton 3 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
15/02/2015 - Hamilton 0 - Aberdeen 3 - Win
12/11/2015 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 1 - Draw
25/10/2016 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
28/02/2017 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
09/08/2017 - Hamilton 0 - Aberdeen 1 - Win (SLC)
04/11/2017 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 1 - Draw

afc1903mad
06-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Do we selectively choose not to prepare well when playing Hamilton at their ground?

Since they were promoted P8 W2 D3 L3

17/10/2014 - Hamilton 3 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
15/02/2015 - Hamilton 0 - Aberdeen 3 - Win
12/11/2015 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 1 - Draw
25/10/2016 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
28/02/2017 - Hamilton 1 - Aberdeen 0 - Loss
09/08/2017 - Hamilton 0 - Aberdeen 1 - Win (SLC)
04/11/2017 - Hamilton 2 - Aberdeen 2 - Draw

LOL, copy and paste and forgot to update the last score

Mason89
06-11-2017, 02:48 PM

Maybe we should spunk a small fortune on a shyte surface at the new facilities

Pacman1903
06-11-2017, 03:13 PM
Last year we lost both games at Hamilton.
I think the pitch is a factor to be honest.

So why does every other decent and above team win there then. Don't hear them moaning about it. They just beat them

Last season there was only one other team to lose twice there and that was the utterly dreadful Caley Thistle and what happened to them again?

The pitch is an excuse for being sh@te. When its in fact either poor prep or we are sh@te or both

When did we last lose to Killie out of interest.

afc1903mad
06-11-2017, 03:26 PM
So why does every other decent and above team win there then. Don't hear them moaning about it. They just beat them

Last season there was only one other team to lose twice there and that was the utterly dreadful Caley Thistle and what happened to them again?

The pitch is an excuse for being sh@te. When its in fact either poor prep or we are sh@te or both

When did we last lose to Killie out of interest.

You can't compare the Kilmarnock pitch with the Hamilton Pitch.
Both are artificial yes, but they are of different composition and installed at different times as well.

A quick google pulled up Scott Brown lambasting the Hamilton pitch as opposed to the Kilmarnock one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4063134/Hamilton-s-plastic-pitch-horrible-says-Celtic-captain-Scott-Brown.html

‘Hamilton is one of the worst. I don’t mind the Kilmarnock pitch. When it’s wet, you can move the ball and pass it quite well.

Different players react / play / can't play on differing, such as Steven McLean who does not play there.

We were susceptable to players running at us.
Not sure Kari and McKenna enjoyed playing on the pitch and having to turn so quickly.
So its maybe not the best for our set of players on that pitch

Pacman1903
06-11-2017, 03:36 PM
So why are we the only team with such a sh@te record then. Its got to be poor preparation.

Scott Brown goes down and leads his team to victory all the time there so he can moan if he wants because his team has done the business like everyone else usually does

Remember the Killie pitch last season. Absolutely f@cked because of those black balls. It wouldn't went even when sprinkled. You could see them scatter when the ball bounced and it didn't give a true bounce either. It got lambasted week in week out on sportsound and sportscene. We still won there there though

afc1903mad
06-11-2017, 03:46 PM
So why are we the only team with such a sh@te record then. Its got to be poor preparation.

Scott Brown goes down and leads his team to victory all the time there so he can moan if he wants because his team has done the business like everyone else usually does

Remember the Killie pitch last season. Absolutely f@cked because of those black balls. It wouldn't went even when sprinkled. You could see them scatter when the ball bounced and it didn't give a true bounce either. It got lambasted week in week out on sportsound and sportscene. We still won there there though

Come on Pacman min, you can't compare Hamilton with Kilmarnock.
They are two differing teams with differing sets of players with differing ways of playing.

Focusing on Hamilton away, I've shown we have a poor record there.
Are you suggesting we repeatedly prepare poorly for just them?

afc1903mad
06-11-2017, 03:49 PM
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/result-will-be-down-to-performance-not-the-pitch-reds-manager-insists/

The correct thing to say.
Challenge the team to perform despite the pitch

Aldo1983
06-11-2017, 04:36 PM
In their last 4 home games they have been beat by Celtic 4-1, hearts 2-1, sevco 4-1 and drew with Patrick.

Must be the pitch then.

afc1903mad
06-11-2017, 05:02 PM
In their last 4 home games they have been beat by Celtic 4-1, hearts 2-1, sevco 4-1 and drew with Patrick.

Must be the pitch then.

Must be the preparation then............
Kilmarnock have drawn with us, Celtic and SevCo all away from home.
They just prepared poorly against Hibs, Ross County, Motherwell, Hearts (at home) and Celtic (at home)

Maybe, just maybe, its a number of things (Players, Pitch, Preparation etc)

Pacman1903
06-11-2017, 05:10 PM
Come on Pacman min, you can't compare Hamilton with Kilmarnock.
They are two differing teams with differing sets of players with differing ways of playing.

Focusing on Hamilton away, I've shown we have a poor record there.
Are you suggesting we repeatedly prepare poorly for just them?

Do you not find it funny other teams manage to rack up points there but we don't very often.

Kilmarnock have been sh@te for years and Hamilton have too so they are absolutely comparitable

Aldo1983
06-11-2017, 06:15 PM
That 0-3 game against us should have been 6/7 with three wrongly disallowed goals and a clear penalty not given. If it's the pitch then how can one of his team's absolutely rip them a new arsehole there?

sancho_panza
06-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Maybe, just maybe, its a number of things (Players, Pitch, Preparation etc)

Or it could be nothing at all and just a complete coincidence. I remember one period where we were constantly beating Dundee away but could never beat them at home. It didn't mean anything, it was just random. A trend existing doesn't mean it's a significant effect.

Mason89
06-11-2017, 06:26 PM
Hamilton are sh1te. We should be looking to beat them if their pitch was made of Velcro