Mason89
04-11-2017, 10:38 PM
I’d still take Rooney ahead of both.

Nae Huns
04-11-2017, 10:41 PM
After the break Rooney has to get a start ahead of may

Aldo1983
04-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Doesn't matter how good Moult is, McInnes would have him running about daft.

Nae Huns
04-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Out wide nae doot

RedStarTorphins
04-11-2017, 11:23 PM
£100,000 we would have got back from qualifying for next round in Europa league

Moult I’d say.
At least as likely to get you a goal and far more mobile.
But both better than Rooney now, who does well to conceal that invisible tractor he’s towing

rico94
04-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Aberdeen fans are a funny bunch.

May has got 3 goals and 3 assists in 12 games,plus he is making runs to create space for others like the move against Ross County which led to the penalty.

Yet some fans complain that all Rooney does is score goals,if you want a striker who does all of that it's going to cost you a lot of money.

And no Moult doesn't do all of that,he is like Rooney with a tiny bit more pace.

Folk complaining about Rooney and May have short memories,they are a hell of a lot better than Vernon,Fallon,Mackie,Magennis,Crawford etc etc .

Nae Huns
05-11-2017, 12:21 AM
Yep defo a lot better than the other bunch you have mentioned but haven't we moved on since then?
We want to better ourselves now and back then it was a bit brutal to be honest?
If you sign another player you want better and all I would say is for the extra 100k I just wonder where we would be?

nice1simmy
05-11-2017, 12:43 AM
Yep defo a lot better than the other bunch you have mentioned but haven't we moved on since then?
We want to better ourselves now and back then it was a bit brutal to be honest?
If you sign another player you want better and all I would say is for the extra 100k I just wonder where we would be?

I thought crawford was decent :O

Sidney77
05-11-2017, 01:44 AM
Crawford was decent except for us. A bit like Mike Newell.

87kilos
05-11-2017, 02:37 AM
May is too intelligent for our midfield who fail to pick him out. He makes so many good runs, creates space and gets himself into space. Sadly we don't seem to capitalise on this.

Pacman1903
05-11-2017, 05:15 AM
Out wide nae doot

I agree

Pacman1903
05-11-2017, 05:15 AM
Crawford was decent except for us. A bit like Mike Newell.

Winna forget his hatrick at Boghead though

Pacman1903
05-11-2017, 05:17 AM
May is too intelligent for our midfield who fail to pick him out. He makes so many good runs, creates space and gets himself into space. Sadly we don't seem to capitalise on this.

Id be frustrated if I was May as like you said he has great movement. Dare I say it ive we had McGinn and Hayes as our main assisters would he have bagged a few more?

InversneckieDob
05-11-2017, 06:44 AM
Who was that big fat guy Well had a few years back?
Scored a bazillion goals, got selt to lower league Wendy fitba for a decent fee, whatever happened to him?

Feck_the_Huns
05-11-2017, 07:31 AM
Scored a bazillion goals, got selt to lower league Wendy fitba for a decent fee, whatever happened to him?

Michael Higdon?

Pacman1903
05-11-2017, 07:42 AM

He went to Wendy fitba via NEC Nijmegen did he not? Or am I speaking pish

JuanFatche
05-11-2017, 07:51 AM

They keep playing the ball over the top for him, and he's not the quickest. We need a winger in January, Mackay-Steven drifts out the game too much, and Wright is still learning. There's very little pace in that final third.

RedStarTorphins
05-11-2017, 09:42 AM
They keep playing the ball over the top for him, and he's not the quickest. We need a winger in January, Mackay-Steven drifts out the game too much, and Wright is still learning. There's very little pace in that final third.

I completely agree.
Folk (me included) have said Rooney has lost it from seasons gone by.

But he was very reliant on being in the box & feeding off service from Niall McGinn & Jonny Hayes.
He’s feeding off scraps now.

May will also suffer from the lack of service.
As would Moult presumably.

We were fairly simplistic in that we got crosses into the box & scores a fair % of them.
It stands to reason if you’re putting in half the crosses, the strikers will score less.

Maybe Jack Ross will bring in Lewis Morgan ;)

Aldo1983
05-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Moult has Cadden firing in crosses. Cadden should have been someone we tried to sign and spend money on. You will see Moult struggle when they are split up.

JuanFatche
05-11-2017, 10:55 AM
I completely agree.
Folk (me included) have said Rooney has lost it from seasons gone by.

But he was very reliant on being in the box & feeding off service from Niall McGinn & Jonny Hayes.
He’s feeding off scraps now.

May will also suffer from the lack of service.
As would Moult presumably.

We were fairly simplistic in that we got crosses into the box & scores a fair % of them.
It stands to reason if you’re putting in half the crosses, the strikers will score less.

Maybe Jack Ross will bring in Lewis Morgan ;)

May had two good crosses yesterday and probably should have scored at least one of them, but if he were that good to be scoring 50% of his chances, he would still be in England. If McGinn wants to come back, I'd take him in January. Wright and GMS can battle for the other side. I also suspect Hayes will want to come back in the summer, but I wouldn't take both of them back.

I wouldn't be averse to Morgan coming either ;)

rico94
05-11-2017, 11:19 AM
IMO Rooney hasn’t changed since the day he signed,2 or 3 seasons ago no one said a bad word about him but apart from scoring goals he doesn’t bring much to the team.He never had pace,can’t hold the ball up or create anything for himself.If he was playing every week he would still score 20 goals a season.

I still think we have to see the best of May,every one was concerned that his knee was dodgy and he would be injured half the time yet he has started all 12 games since he signed.McInnes said it would take a while for him to get back to his best because he was out for so long,I think he will start scoring more regularly in time.

If we signed Moult instead of May this thread would probably still exist.From the few Motherwell games I have seen this season that juggernaut Bowman creates a lot of space for him by running defenders ragged,breaking their noses and kicking them off the park.If we signed someone like that he would get sent off more than Stockley did.

InversneckieDob
05-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Michael Higdon?

That's the boy, how did he dee when he left Well?
Suppose I could Google

Landvetter83
05-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Perfectly happy with Stevie May.

Pacman1903
05-11-2017, 03:04 PM
That's the boy, how did he dee when he left Well?

Won player of the year then got in a pissed up brawl the same night. Good lad