PDA

View Full Version : This is why statistics mean pheck all take note you armchairs

pboromag
07-11-2017, 03:48 PM
There are a few on here who love hoying a statistic up or two
to try and prove their point is correct

well heres why those statistics mean pheck all wether they be passing ratios distance ran values of players etc etc

there is a report out valuing teams players

and that report values freddy at 3.5 mill
yet elliott at only 1.2 mill

it sasy the lad we sent back to marseille is vallued at 70 odd million

next time you think about googling pass statistics etc
just remember this

HughieG
07-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Says statistics about values of players are useless.

Produces statistics from a report valuing players.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/rq6c5xD7leHW8/giphy.gif

TANYA_
07-11-2017, 05:08 PM

well heres why those statistics mean pheck all wether they be passing ratios distance ran values of players etc etc

just remember this

ha ha you buffoon, dont you see how your undermining your own argument with this XD

nice fishing trip nob XD

ronandtet
07-11-2017, 09:51 PM

just remember this

I m a settee man personally like to take the broad view
:)

Jammy89
07-11-2017, 09:54 PM

just remember this

First response - Chomp.

Second response - XD XD XD XD

toonviking
07-11-2017, 10:21 PM
😂😂😂😂😂

Ok, thats it.

Pboro is not real.

Impossible

Zippity
07-11-2017, 10:29 PM
I get the point he's trying to make, I think... isn't he just using that second set of stats to show how ridiculous all any stats can be because those valuations are ridiculous?

Sort of makes sense in the context of his argument?

ex_pat_magpie
07-11-2017, 10:46 PM
I get the point he's trying to make, I think... isn't he just using that second set of stats to show how ridiculous all any stats can be because those valuations are ridiculous?

Well he, Pboro, recently quoted a statistic which ever way you take it is a load of bollox, a down right lie or a stupid ignorant maths blunder.

He says Rafa has had the players for two whole seasons. Well he has had the players who have been here from when he first started for 8 Prem games two seasons ago, one whole Fizzy season and 11 games in the Prem this season. So that is only a half a season of Prem games in total. In other words a 50% error in statistics quoted. No wonder moaners say statistics lie.

Zippity
07-11-2017, 10:56 PM
:D Yeah, I saw the 2 seasons thing and thought 'pffft'

No point rising to deliberate wind-ups, though.

ex_pat_magpie
07-11-2017, 11:30 PM
:D Yeah, I saw the 2 seasons thing and thought 'pffft'

No point rising to deliberate wind-ups, though.

It's not a question of rising to deliberate windups though Zippity.

You have to have a bit of sympathy with someone trying to count two seasons games with six fingers on each hand. B)

elizabethreed
08-11-2017, 04:33 AM

just remember this

Definition of statistic: is that it is a numerical fact

Joselu has scored 2 goals – a numerical fact, therefore a statistic

Yedlin has successfully completed more than 80% of his passes – a numerical fact, therefore a statistic
Shelvey averages more than 35 passes a game – a numerical fact, therefore a statistic

Player X is worth Y million – not a numerical fact (unless he was sold for that amount) therefore not a statistic. Its basically someone’s opinion.

You have compared apples and oranges, and used fatally flawed logic. Your argument here is worthless

(I just googled those statistics, and player valuations didn’t change them one little bit).

elizabethreed
08-11-2017, 04:50 AM

just remember this

Definition of statistic is that it is a numerical fact

Joselu has scored 2 goals – a numerical fact, therefore a statistic

Yedlin has successfully completed more than 80% of his passes – a numerical fact, therefore a statistic
Shelvey averages more than 35 passes a game – a numerical fact, therefore a statistic

Player X is worth Y million – not a numerical fact (unless he was sold for that amount) therefore not a statistic. Its basically someone’s opinion.

You have compared apples and oranges, and used fatally flawed logic. Your argument here is worthless

(I just googled those statistics, and player valuations didn’t change them one little bit).

pboromag
08-11-2017, 07:57 AM
ha ha you buffoon, dont you see how your undermining your own argument with this XD

nice fishing trip nob XD

surely im pointing out how wrong these statistics are and how pointless these google searches are

and how incorrect and pointless they are

when you have plastics saying a certain player made a high percentage of forward passes
so what
how many times do we see a player pass to one player 5 yards away and then they pass it back
the ball doesng go forward long term but its a statistic that people use to try and prove how good a player is

so are they saying woody is worth more than elliott

because those that go to games can see he isnt

as im sure those armchairs would see that certain statistics dont mean pheck all if they actuall went and watched a game

pboromag
08-11-2017, 07:59 AM

precisly
im using their figures
we all us match going fans can see elliott is worth more than woody

in my mind both are drastically under valued anyway from that report
so statistics from google etc are worthless

if an armchair tried telling me woody was mre valuable than elliot because that report said so we would all laugh
just as passing statistics are

pboromag
08-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Well he, Pboro, recently quoted a statistic which ever way you take it is a load of bollox, a down right lie or a stupid ignorant maths blunder.

He says Rafa has had the players for two whole seasons. Well he has had the players who have been here from when he first started for 8 Prem games two seasons ago, one whole Fizzy season and 11 games in the Prem this season. So that is only a half a season of Prem games in total. In other words a 50% error in statistics quoted. No wonder moaners say statistics lie.

he has had the majority of players for two seasons and certainly 2 pre seasons
and they all bar lascelles are going backwards

but i dont need statistics to tell me that
i actauallay witness it

toptoon
08-11-2017, 08:03 AM
Woody will have a relativley high valuation because of his age i.e. the potential he has to improve. There are other factors that affect price including nationality and in his case, winning the world cup for his gae group and his performances in that tournament.

toptoon
08-11-2017, 08:06 AM
he has had the majority of players for two seasons and certainly 2 pre seasons
and they all bar lascelles are going backwards

but i dont need statistics to tell me that
i actauallay witness it

Elliot, Yedlin, Lejeune, Clark, Manquillo, Lascelles, Shelvey, Ritchie, Atsu and Hayden. IMO none are going backwards, quite the opposite I would say.

ex_pat_magpie
08-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Elliot, Yedlin, Lejeune, Clark, Manquillo, Lascelles, Shelvey, Ritchie, Atsu and Hayden. IMO none are going backwards, quite the opposite I would say.

He has had not one single one of them for more than one and a half seasons and that is a mathematical and historical fact.

If he had had them for two seasons as Pboro mistakenly claims them Rafa would have been at the club in November 2015. And when was he appointed Pboro. I'll tell you 11 March 2016. Simple arithmetic isn't it.

ex_pat_magpie
08-11-2017, 10:24 AM
Woody will have a relativley high valuation because of his age i.e. the potential he has to improve. There are other factors that affect price including nationality and in his case, winning the world cup for his gae group and his performances in that tournament.

Of course he has. He's got International possibilities as well as 500 more games in his locker compared to Elliot.

It's like comparing a budding ****age Gazza or Pedro to a 27 year old Joselu. Because of his experience Pboro would obviously go with Joselu.

Any astute businessman would look at the future potential rather than current situation.

Zippity
08-11-2017, 12:24 PM
...although comparing Elliot to Woodman and using a Joselu/Beardsley or Gazza comparison is harsh on Elliot, like. :D

ex_pat_magpie
08-11-2017, 03:01 PM
...although comparing Elliot to Woodman and using a Joselu/Beardsley or Gazza comparison is harsh on Elliot, like. :D

The only reason I selected Joselu for comparison was that he was the only one in a forward position with the relative age difference to compare with a budding not yet too well known ****ager. Apologies to Elliot though. B)

toonfalifekevbrown
02-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Stats eh