PDA

View Full Version : We're being bumped for a pie!

PittodriePile
16-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Article on the beeb about rising prices in our game, the most alarming part being the price we pay for a pie at Pittodrie...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41486226

Pacman1903
16-11-2017, 12:29 PM
F@cking robbing c@nts.

BOYCOTT

PittodriePile
16-11-2017, 12:39 PM
The catering company/butchers/bakers are all huns!

donsdaft
16-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Are the folk that bought over Thains Huns?

It's like Duncan and Todd sponsoring the corner flag or whatever at Celtic games.

Bunch of f'uckin tims guaranteeing themselves a ticket.

LED
16-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Plus you cant get a scotch pie anymore. Its a steak pie or hooringly expensive pittodrie pie.

Mason89
16-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Good :)

donsdaft
16-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Can't say a lack of Scotch Pie's in my life would be a miss.

Worst I can remember is a toss up between.

1/ The ones they used to sell from the shed in the corner of the old Easter Road terracing.
I remember buying one on a particularly freezing Saturday, biting into it, the liquid fat poured out and ran down about 4 steps of terracing turning white as it went.

2/ The ones made out of sand they used to hand out in THE ALAMO before games at Paisley.

Pacman1903
16-11-2017, 03:06 PM
Can't say a lack of Scotch Pie's in my life would be a miss.

Worst I can remember is a toss up between.

1/ The ones they used to sell from the shed in the corner of the old Easter Road terracing.
I remember buying one on a particularly freezing Saturday, biting into it, the liquid fat poured out and ran down about 4 steps of terracing turning white as it went.

2/ The ones made out of sand they used to hand out in THE ALAMO before games at Paisley.

Montrose pies are by far the most revolting thing I have ever eaten at a fitba grun. Greasy as f@ck. One bite and I chucked it, one bite and my pal tipped it up and the grease solidified to what was like candle wax on the ground, Pac bro one bite and splootered his jacket with the candle wax then chucked it. Utterly f@cking bowf gads sh@t

Forres Mechanics on the other hand are the best ive had and it sure as f@ck wasn't 2.70

donsdaft
16-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Aye the "candle wax" is a dead giveaway.

I once saw a bloke in front of me at Pittodrie (early eighties) take the top off a pie, look inside and still eat it.

Bravest thing I ever saw.

Pacman1903
16-11-2017, 03:17 PM
Fit do you get at Hungarain games DD min

donsdaft
16-11-2017, 03:42 PM
There's a reasonable selection at the new ground but the traditional thing is sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

Knee deep in shells if it's a close game.

sheepcrooky
16-11-2017, 04:54 PM
I mind a game away at Motherwell when I was a ****ager, so must have been about 35 years ago. During the game, the Aberdeen Soccer Casuals chased their Motherwell counterparts around the ground. The Motherwell lads ran into the area my mates and I were standing.
As we were way outnumbered, we ran, I stood and slipped on a greasy Motherwell pie and proceeded to get the **** kicked out of me by Motherwell lads.

Pacman1903
16-11-2017, 05:34 PM
I mind a game away at Motherwell when I was a ****ager, so must have been about 35 years ago. During the game, the Aberdeen Soccer Casuals chased their Motherwell counterparts around the ground. The Motherwell lads ran into the area my mates and I were standing.
As we were way outnumbered, we ran, I stood and slipped on a greasy Motherwell pie and proceeded to get the **** kicked out of me by Motherwell lads.

Hope you didn't get any grease on your clothes. That would have been a nightmare

sheepcrooky
16-11-2017, 05:58 PM
Hope you didn't get any grease on your clothes. That would have been a nightmare

Canna mind if I did. A wee bit of my own blood though, caaants.

Jupiter
16-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Why would anybody eat a pie at a football match? Would you eat one if you were watching on TV instead?

Pacman1903
16-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Why would anybody eat a pie at a football match? Would you eat one if you were watching on TV instead?

I do like a chicken curry pie fae the baker in Meldrum and have been know to eat one or two watching fitba on the box

Doonhamer red
16-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Why do people miss half a game queuing for a fecking pie

InversneckieDob
16-11-2017, 09:15 PM
I do like a chicken curry pie fae the baker in Meldrum and have been know to eat one or two watching fitba on the box

Harry Gow's chicken curry pies are the dogs ba's.

Back n the day I mind Arbroath had a decent pie.

The worst has always been the Jutes, but I sopped having a pie there........prolly when Narey was passing the ball back to McAlpine.

Nowadays.....Deas' haggis neeps and tattie jobs at County.

The food of the Gods.

Pacman1903
17-11-2017, 05:00 AM
Harry Gow's chicken curry pies are the dogs ba's.

Back n the day I mind Arbroath had a decent pie.

The worst has always been the Jutes, but I sopped having a pie there........prolly when Narey was passing the ball back to McAlpine.

Nowadays.....Deas' haggis neeps and tattie jobs at County.

The food of the Gods.

Im sure Harry Gow does Forres Mechanics

xtrmntr75
17-11-2017, 11:14 AM

Thon game against Celtic when Hayes and Rooney scored just before half time. I missed both goals queuing for fu(kin pies.

PittodriePile
17-11-2017, 01:58 PM
Montrose pies are by far the most revolting thing I have ever eaten at a fitba grun.

I was away to say the same thing. Didn't know cooked meat could be such a depressing colour of grey.

kkong
17-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Plus you cant get a scotch pie anymore. Its a steak pie or hooringly expensive pittodrie pie.

The Pittodrie pie in particular, and even the steak pie, are a step in quality from the grey gristle being sold as "Scotch" pies by most clubs.

I don't mind paying extra for quality.

kkong
17-11-2017, 02:57 PM

I have no idea.

Sensible people amble down from section Y about 15-40 minutes into the game and get served immediately.

InversneckieDob
17-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Im sure Harry Gow does Forres Mechanics

I work wi a lad fae Forres.....I'll spier.