PDA

View Full Version : All things Motherwell Home - 18th November .......

Landvetter83
17-11-2017, 08:16 PM
In
Mainer D
Shuttle Bus
Shuttle Bus
7-0 Considine Hat-Trick

Shinnie suspended! Harvie or Conso left back? Hmmmmmmm ...

Heard we may sign McGinn in time for kick-off .... ;D

Pacman1903
17-11-2017, 08:47 PM
In/Oot - Oot

Furryboots- Atlantic

Pre-sitting writing permits and risk assesments

Post- polishing of Eddie Turnbulls autobiography

Prediction-0-0

sheepcrooky
18-11-2017, 08:19 AM
Oot
Flying home from a sunny Spain
Considine will start LB
2-1 AFC

RED_JOHN
18-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Shinnie out, that is a concern. I expect that McInnes will over fill our team with defensive players today to try to stop Motherwell as we did the last league match against them.
1-0 is the result we hope for.

Aldo1983
18-11-2017, 12:33 PM
1-1 them

May and O'Connor OG

Whyendup2
18-11-2017, 01:42 PM
In / Oot? - Oot
Far - Bobbing aboot on a Drill ship in 9000ft o' water in the Atlantic
Pre - Safety meeting, then catching up on the team news
Post - Tattie time, then watch some DVDs in the cabin
Prediction - Hard fought 1-0 win, McLean

Pacman1903
18-11-2017, 02:51 PM
I had forgotten about Dominic Ball already

andoplzcumbak
18-11-2017, 03:16 PM
How's the game going? Hopefully better than it looks on BBC text!

bpdon
18-11-2017, 03:20 PM
How's the game going? Hopefully better than it looks on BBC text!
Its not better than the BBC text suggests. Wind isnt helping but well been on top so far.

Hairdrier
18-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Dreadful 0-1 what was Considine doing?

bpdon
18-11-2017, 03:44 PM
This is grim. Really grim. Zero quality in our midfield.

Pacman1903
18-11-2017, 03:48 PM
F@ck sake

Aldo1983
18-11-2017, 03:49 PM
In DM I trust.

bpdon
18-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Dreadful 0-1 what was Considine doing?
He gave away a foul with a deliberate hand ball out wide on the half way line - he obviously thought the spin of the ball was gonna let the Motherwell player in after he was committed. Probably a reasonable foul to concede. Shocking defending of the free kick though. A high floaty ball from 50 yards and then a free header for Moult.

This is as unconvincing as I have seen us this season (edit: in the league) - not once looked like threatening a goal.

Jussi
When will ppl realise our manager is no great shakes.

Hopefully a better second half & Rangers might still be interested.

irnbru1903
Dreadful stuff. Murderwell have undoubtedly become less worse but that is only half the story. We are rank rotten and no excuses can explain it. Players not performing anywhere near their best nor have they all season and made even worse by poor team selection and negative tactics. Second top which is surprising enough but we won't even be in the top half at the end of the season if we continue on this path.

Plainly not good enough.

donsdaft
18-11-2017, 03:53 PM
Ridiculous line up.
Far too many poofters

Get May on

Hairdrier
18-11-2017, 03:59 PM
May on for Tansey

thebeachend
18-11-2017, 04:00 PM
how has he shoehorned this into a team.........how did we set up?

Jupiter
18-11-2017, 04:05 PM
He's had the tombola out again

Hairdrier
18-11-2017, 04:10 PM
0-2

irnbru1903
18-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Yep the whole team can phuck off to whatever team they prefer. They all stink.

bpdon
18-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Jesus. We really are sh1te. No surprise to see a center half skinned by a winger when isolated out wide. Great cross from Caden - the sort of quality our players only seem to be able to dream of.

thebeachend
18-11-2017, 04:13 PM
we're not very good.

theram1975
18-11-2017, 04:15 PM
I yearn for the days of Ash Taylor. :(

irnbru1903
18-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Schoolboy defending, midfield posted missing and no cutting edge whatsoever. All the fuss about the septic player and in all honesty he is a an over-rated luxury we cannot afford.

Aldo1983
18-11-2017, 04:22 PM
... to put out a stupid formation after an international break...every time...

He's consistent and consistently making a **** of simple things.

Mason89
18-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Consi at the centre of a back 3

How f*cking mental would you need to be to think that would work?

thebeachend
18-11-2017, 04:39 PM
2 nil accies now. hope they come and take super Derek away. FFS the place needs freshened.

andoplzcumbak
18-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Would have been a great day to win with the Huns and hibs losing!

Mason89
18-11-2017, 04:41 PM
2 nil accies now. hope they come and take super Derek away. FFS the place needs freshened.

Shelf life

Pacman1903
18-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Consi at the centre of a back 3

How f*cking mental would you need to be to think that would work?

Did he get pished last night and make his team?

Sounds like a boost im offshore

andoplzcumbak
18-11-2017, 04:42 PM
We miss Shinnie :( no helped when he gets booked every game for farting!

irnbru1903
18-11-2017, 04:45 PM
To be honest the way we have played today would suggest that our manager will be away at a rival team in the next few weeks. Why else would he set us up like a bunch of pansies against a physical team like this? If this is a genuine phuck up then we really do need a new manager either way.

EintrachtFrankfurt
18-11-2017, 04:50 PM
To be honest the way we have played today would suggest that our manager will be away at a rival team in the next few weeks. Why else would he set us up like a bunch of pansies against a physical team like this? If this is a genuine phuck up then we really do need a new manager either way.

Maybe its time for a clean break from McInnes, got to be honest it wouldnt bother me that much if he left, he has a good squad/good players at AFC but isnt using it right. We are underachieving no doubt about that, thought that for the last few seasons.

ragnarok
18-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Hopeless. Midfield and Forwards completely ineffectual. Wouldn’t give any player pass marks but although Christie is at least trying. Rest of the team looked as though they were at a training match.

Bad performance but folk need to stop rationalising why they want rid of McInnes. Just admit that you’re bored.

bpdon
18-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Would have been a great day to win with the Huns and hibs losing!
I canna take any pleasure out of results elsewhere after watching that joke of a performance at Pittodrie. A carbon copy of the pumping from Motherwell in the cup. No positives today. None.

InversneckieDob
18-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Motherwell would appear to be this season's St Johnstone.

Sounds gash and nae justifying, but nae the game to be without Shinnie.

Mason89
18-11-2017, 04:58 PM
Stephen Robinson has done really well this season

InversneckieDob
18-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Del has previous for this, putting out a biscuit @rsed formations after an international break.

It's almost like he has too much time to think.

irnbru1903
18-11-2017, 05:02 PM
As others have said not one pass mark today. Especially disappointed in our more seasoned campaigners such as McLean, Arnason, Logan and Rooney who were anonymous but our exciting attacking players are so pathetically poor that I am struggling to see where our next goal is coming from. May big let down, Mackay Stephen invisible and while Christie has undoubted ability he really does flatter to deceive. The odd wonder goal is not really what we need right now.

Amazingly still second top but due to others being as bad as us which has little feel good factor to go with it.

OhioRed
18-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Thought that was a very poor performance.

In the first half we seemed to have Considine as a centre back and McKenna as the left back. That was certainly the wrong way around and we seemed to revert to Considine as left back in the second half.

For a team with a lot of goals in it we don't score many. I think the reasons are simple and correctable.

Today we played one wide player with Christie sort of filling in as the other. When Christie plays through the middle behind the striker(s) he scores goals, but when he plays wide he doesn't mostly. We need two wide players and Christie in the middle.

When May plays he is mostly wide and from there he has very few shooting opportunities. I would also like to see May on the end of crosses and corners not taking them.

We are playing far too many long balls out of defence when one of our great strengths is running with the ball. We need to play to our strengths not the oppositions. We need to play a system where we run at the opposition not run a little and then get rid of the ball to anyone rather than take some responsibility and try to get into the box.

I felt today our midfield gave them too much space, we were basically outworked in midfield. They were getting to second balls because they were trying to to a much greater degree than we were, and in the end that prevented us from playing to a great extent.

We can do much better both in effort and tactically, and if we have any ambitions we really need to do so.

donsdaft
18-11-2017, 05:35 PM
McInnes can f'uck off for nothing provided he takes McLean with him.

GMS looks like a lad who's been playing well in his primary 7 team so gets a game with the bigger boys.

Stupie82
18-11-2017, 05:42 PM
DM refusing to do a post match interview apparently.

87kilos
18-11-2017, 05:55 PM
Considine plays, we lose.

Simple.

Feck_the_Huns
18-11-2017, 06:27 PM
McInnes can f'uck off for nothing provided he takes McLean with him.

GMS looks like a lad who's been playing well in his primary 7 team so gets a game with the bigger boys.

That was rather good and I agree

February_1971
18-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Motherwell are a well organised team, no more.
They only had to show up today to be guaranteed 3 points.
Absolute ****in pish, need to get O'Connor tae **** oot o there. He offers nothing.
Started with a back 4, then after Motherwell dominated the first 10-15 mins went to a back 3. Looked fairly comfortable until they scored.
Problem is we created nothing, that's the ****ing problem.
Start off by getting McGinn back.

rico94
18-11-2017, 07:02 PM
I haven't seen a performance like today since the Alex Miller days and I include the 1-5 gubbing by St Johnstone.

I stuck up for McInnes in regards to he didn't have to distance himself from the Hun job but it's obviously affecting his players so he needs to decide one way or another so we can move on.

Mr_Grieves
18-11-2017, 07:10 PM
That was p1ss poor stuff, just shows how much we rely on Shinnie. Tansey and Arnason were particularly abysmal.

I wish to fvck we'd signed Moult in the summer, he was superb today. That twice this season Robinson has out-thought DM.

We should've had a foul on Christie in the build up to their 1st goal but that baldy hunw*nk played an advantage to us.

rico94
18-11-2017, 07:22 PM
That was p1ss poor stuff, just shows how much we rely on Shinnie. Tansey and Arnason were particularly abysmal.

I wish to fvck we'd signed Moult in the summer, he was superb today. That twice this season Robinson has out-thought DM.

We should've had a foul on Christie in the build up to their 1st goal but that baldy hunw*nk played an advantage to us.

You are being harsh on Tansey and Arnason,every player today was pysh they couldn't string two passes together so it's pointless trying to single any player out.

stansmith
18-11-2017, 07:25 PM

I didn't notice Arnason having a bad game if he was having one.

Tansey was on his own level of highland league level pish, followed by O'Connor.

Mason89
18-11-2017, 07:27 PM
I haven't seen a performance like today since the Alex Miller days and I include the 1-5 gubbing by St Johnstone.

I stuck up for McInnes in regards to he didn't have to distance himself from the Hun job but it's obviously affecting his players so he needs to decide one way or another so we can move on.

We need to move on regardless, his heads already away. Do you think if the West Brom job came up, he wouldn’t be firing his CV in?

If the Huns are mad enough to even meet us halfway with compo, we should bite their hand off

Hairdrier
18-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Today's performance looked like a '***k you McInnes' from the players.

18-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Woeful performance.... I genuinely can't remember a shot on target from us. We had half a dozen corner kicks that didn't even reach the guys in the box. Gave the ball away at throw ins. Were muscled off every challenge. Looked uncomfortable with the ball... Other than Christie, who at some points was single handedly trying to beat half the Motherwell players cause most of ours were a bunch of lazy, clueless ****wits.
The ref was also ****e, but that's nae excuse for our ineptness.

57vintage
18-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Woeful performance.... I genuinely can't remember a shot on target from us. We had half a dozen corner kicks that didn't even reach the guys in the box. Gave the ball away at throw ins. Were muscled off every challenge. Looked uncomfortable with the ball... Other than Christie, who at some points was single handedly trying to beat half the Motherwell players cause most of ours were a bunch of lazy, clueless ****wits.
The ref was also ****e, but that's nae excuse for our ineptness.

All of that.

If FMS wants to go back to ****ing Tannadice in January, I'll tie the address label round his stroop and pay DPD's bill. What a gutless fannydancer.

rico94
18-11-2017, 09:25 PM
We need to move on regardless, his heads already away. Do you think if the West Brom job came up, he wouldn’t be firing his CV in?

If the Huns are mad enough to even meet us halfway with compo, we should bite their hand off

The Huns are never going to take him after that result today,sorry but that dream is over for you.

I am beginning to think you are right after todays performance but the more games like today means we are stuck with him.

Pacman1903
18-11-2017, 09:36 PM
McInnes is doing his best to not get a job anywhere else. 3 out of 4 have been sh@te and the game we did win wasnt exactly awesome. He makes to many tactical mistakes to move on.

Pacman1903
18-11-2017, 09:37 PM
All of that.

If FMS wants to go back to ****ing Tannadice in January, I'll tie the address label round his stroop and pay DPD's bill. What a gutless fannydancer.

Exactly what i said he would be when he signed. Hes a wee nyaff

Mason89
18-11-2017, 09:47 PM

Yep. Jumped up 5 a side player.

RED_JOHN
18-11-2017, 10:01 PM

Scott Wright should be playing instead of this imposter. I genuinely would be trying to offload him in January along with Stewart and cash for McLean. I would also add Considine but who in their right mind would let him into their team?!
McInnes has definitely peaked and certainly is finding it difficult to improve us further. We can only dream that some daft chairman thinks he would be a great attribute to their club and take him off our hands.
Learn by your mistakes....is Del really learning better management techniques or is he just burying his head in the sand to ignore his failings?
Who on here genuinely didn’t like Niall McGinn?...a lot of our signings this season could not lace his boots.
Get him back before we end up plummeting!!

KIWIRED
18-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Scott Wright should be playing instead of this imposter. I genuinely would be trying to offload him in January along with Stewart and cash for McLean. I would also add Considine but who in their right mind would let him into their team?!
McInnes has definitely peaked and certainly is finding it difficult to improve us further. We can only dream that some daft chairman thinks he would be a great attribute to their club and take him off our hands.
Learn by your mistakes....is Del really learning better management techniques or is he just burying his head in the sand to ignore his failings?
Who on here genuinely didn’t like Niall McGinn?...a lot of our signings this season could not lace his boots.

If the board didnt back DM to get Mault durring the summer, it would be strange knowing Milne to provide another monthy wage for Niall.
However, DM might do the right thing and force Milne to come up wuth the cash he will take the job.

Upfront May contributes a lot but not nearly enough goals obviously played out of postion.
Stewart and Maynard , well somebody had to sign them to make up the pool numbers, basically average if best
Rooney in and of team now, that's not helping anyone.
Midfield, ... is non existent apart from an outstanding Celtic player.
Just get Niall back NOW

No excuses Milne

Mason89
18-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Does my head in this. We don't have our own style of play as we are too busy trying to second guess & match up to the opposition. By all means do your homework but we're playing Motherwell at Pittodrie nae Barca, just concentrate on your own ruddy game.

Spot on.

It’s also the reason he’ll always lose to Celtic.

rico94
18-11-2017, 10:40 PM

Let’s be honest here,Scott Wright has been as pysh as GMS has been this season.No point in sugar coating it because he is a local loon who has come through the youth system he has been as poor as GMS and Stewart the 3 of them are a long way off being anywhere near the level of Hayes and McGinn.

Feck_the_Huns
18-11-2017, 11:12 PM
Let’s be honest here,Scott Wright has been as pysh as GMS has been this season.No point in sugar coating it because he is a local loon who has come through the youth system he has been as poor as GMS and Stewart the 3 of them are a long way off being anywhere near the level of Hayes and McGinn.

Yeah, tend to agree, Scott Wright isn't the answer yet, either. Two good games v Partick Thistle does not make a first team pick every week, although maybe in the future, who knows.

Frank Ross deserves a shotty.

Whole afternoon was flat from pre-match to final whistle, eerie atmosphere

Nae Huns
18-11-2017, 11:12 PM
Poor display yet again!motherwell are the new calley thistle!moult had a point to prove.he will be away to a far better salery soon but for the extra 100k we could of had him!there has to be some sort of unrest in the camp as nobody gives a f**ki dread the double header against the zombie Huns like gonna be a long season and probably DMs last at the famous Aberdeen

phuxachemin
19-11-2017, 01:04 AM
Watched it on Red TV. No drive, formation or leadership present. Once again a total lack of width on the pitch with no one getting to the bye line. It goes to show how badly McGinn and Hayes have been missed. Two players who were two footed and capable of playing on either wing going outside and inside and getting crosses in.
Our set plays are shocking, failing to get past the first man nearly every time.
I am an admirer of McLean but how he managed to remain on the park today was beyond me.

blowupsheep
19-11-2017, 03:06 AM
quite possibly the worst Aberdeen performance since the black and scary days of the Mcghee era...... just pitiful

nice1simmy
19-11-2017, 04:19 AM

I agree pac,i said when he signed he wis pish and a soft c@nt but i was told to give him a chance,"he's class,blah blah blah" well im sorry to prove you's all wrong cos i hoped he'd prove me wrong but alas i was right,he's a waste of a jersey,soft as a skitter

Pacman1903
19-11-2017, 05:03 AM
I agree pac,i said when he signed he wis pish and a soft c@nt but i was told to give him a chance,"he's class,blah blah blah" well im sorry to prove you's all wrong cos i hoped he'd prove me wrong but alas i was right,he's a waste of a jersey,soft as a skitter

Exactly, it was all "he was ace at united" "give him a chance" etc. He was a Celtic cast off because he was not good enough for them. Hes proven to be a soft c@nt throughout his career and he is now rubbish on top of that. Great signing

But dinna worry he might find his form he showed at united

RED_JOHN
19-11-2017, 06:23 AM
But dinna worry he might find his form he showed at united

He has shown the odd flash of what he can be capable of achieving but in the vast majority of play is not worth a starting slot in the team.
We should be using Scott Wright who if coached better would certainly give us more out wide. I really think McInnes is holding this lad and doesn’t know how to get the best out of him.
Frank Ross is another who is suffering due to our managers lack of coaching ability.

Feck_the_Huns
19-11-2017, 07:47 AM
He has shown the odd flash of what he can be capable of achieving but in the vast majority of play is not worth a starting slot in the team.
We should be using Scott Wright who if coached better would certainly give us more out wide. I really think McInnes is holding this lad and doesn’t know how to get the best out of him.
Frank Ross is another who is suffering due to our managers lack of coaching ability.

Ross and Harvie are two players that should be getting game time, instead of Consi****ingdine, Tansey, GMS etc etc

Landvetter83
19-11-2017, 10:54 AM
Does my head in this. We don't have our own style of play as we are too busy trying to second guess & match up to the opposition. By all means do your homework but we're playing Motherwell at Pittodrie nae Barca, just concentrate on your own ruddy game.

Consider the "Like" button pressed. Spot on!

Yesterday was the mother and father of total shambles.

Fair enough, Motherwell started well and had a few chances early on. That's not unusual for us - witness nearly every home game in the last few seasons where we start slowly and then take over and win. However, what happened yesterday was unforgivable. From minute 10ish onwards a procession of players were called to the touchline and given an instruction. From the looks on their faces as they trotted away, you could tell they hadn't a clue about what they were being asked to do. The game plan was out the window.

By phannying about, changing the formation after 10 minutes to counter the other team we end up creating absolutely nothing because a negative mindset takes over. We tend to get our best results playing 4-2-3-1 every game. I agree with the comment about McInnes tending to get the tombola out, especially after international breaks. Normally, he realises he's f@cked up and we go on a run. Hopefully, this is repeated after this mess.

One point that hasn't been mentioned yet .... in amongst the wreckage of that performance it's worth observing that we were still able to fashion 13 or 14 attacking set-piece situations - 8 corners and 5 or 6 free-kicks. I think I read somewhere that we were up there - 1st or 2nd for number of goals scored from set-pieces. Yesterday, the delivery was, not for the first time this season, absolutely woeful. Christie, Tansey, May; neither of them were able to deliver to an Aberdeen player on any occasion. Even though we were a complete mess yesterday, we could, and should, have made more of those set-pieces.

LED
19-11-2017, 11:05 AM
This with bells on. Couldn't believe my eyes when changed the whole formation after only 10 mins.
If that performance was meant to be the players send off to their manager then he obviously isnt going anywhere.

Aldo1983
19-11-2017, 11:19 AM
"They (Motherwell) played a system that we didn't expect them to play, that threw us a little bit at the start of the game..."

Outsmarted again and again and again.

Mason89
19-11-2017, 11:28 AM
"They (Motherwell) played a system that we didn't expect them to play, that threw us a little bit at the start of the game..."

Exact same excuse for the Celtic game. Is he not preparing right, not as clever as he thinks he is or just tactically shyte?

I’m coming round to the depressing realisation that he’ll see out his contract here

sheepcrooky
19-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Seen that. How many times ???

Glad to have missed the game yesterday as was on holiday. Don't think I'll bother watching the highlights on Red TV.

Jussi
19-11-2017, 12:29 PM
I really don't know when last we've had such an over-hyped manager, mostly by Wegia.

Milne seems to absorb it & dish out unnecessary extensions IMO

& maybe McInnes himself has let it influence him.

Aldo1983
19-11-2017, 01:52 PM
I really don't know when last we've had such an over-hyped manager, mostly by Wegia.

Milne seems to absorb it & dish out unnecessary extensions IMO

& maybe McInnes himself has let it influence him.

I think the majority of fans hype him up, particularly on here.

Pacman1903
19-11-2017, 03:04 PM
Seen that. How many times ???

Glad to have missed the game yesterday as was on holiday. Don't think I'll bother watching the highlights on Red TV.

Quote but exchange "on holiday" for offshore

Pacman1903
19-11-2017, 03:09 PM
I think the majority of fans hype him up, particularly on here.

There are more people on here that go down the "folk have short memories,McGhee, Patterson et al" route rather than that McInnes is very naïve tactically and has been found out a lot in his tenure. Yes we know hes a step up on McGhee, but we are where we are and we surely want to get better. We have a good squad on paper but it is not being used to its strengths. We are second when we have been poor on the whole. Play our team to our strengths with no tombolas or brain farts and we could have won more cups and pushed Celtic harder. But in big games he has a poor record due to appalling tactics especially against the pigs

Mason89
19-11-2017, 03:17 PM
I like to think I’ve been fairly consistent about McInnes since day one

Pacman1903
19-11-2017, 03:24 PM

Aye min you have stuck to your guns.

But all the talk of hes better than McGhee is a load of sh@te and extremely obvious and goes without saying. I don't want to stagnate as a team that comes second, wins nothing gets papped out of Europe before schools back and absolutely sh@tes it v celtic more often than not. So are the "short memories" guys happy just being better than McGhee or Pattersons reign?

McInnes definitely has to buck up his ideas or will continue to win f@ck all

stansmith
19-11-2017, 04:48 PM
We will never win another trophy under McInnes and never get past QR4 of the Europa. He isn't good enough and can't fluke a result like Calderplank.

Jupiter
19-11-2017, 05:10 PM
The big problem when McInnes leaves is that there is a big chance that Stewart Milne replaces him with a f@cking numpty.

rico94
19-11-2017, 05:12 PM
Aye min you have stuck to your guns.

But all the talk of hes better than McGhee is a load of sh@te and extremely obvious and goes without saying. I don't want to stagnate as a team that comes second, wins nothing gets papped out of Europe before schools back and absolutely sh@tes it v celtic more often than not. So are the "short memories" guys happy just being better than McGhee or Pattersons reign?

McInnes definitely has to buck up his ideas or will continue to win f@ck all

You are assuming that the next manager that comes in is going to improve what McInnes has done,it’s more likely we will go back to battling for top 6 finishes with Milnes track record of appointing managers.

Obviously I would like us to improve and win more cups but finishing 2nd and qualifying for Europe is better than finishing in the bottom 6.Some guys on here are under the impression we are going to continue to be up in the top half of the table,there is more chance we will go back to struggling at the wrong end of the table like we have for the majority of Milnes 20 years as chairman.

OhioRed
19-11-2017, 05:17 PM
McIness has his limitations certainly and we have seen them. But lets be honest here. He is the best manager we have had in a long time. When he took over we were hoping to finish seasons in the top 6, and it would be really nice to qualify for Europe. Now we are finishing second regularly and qualifying for Europe every season. That's a pretty major improvement to where we were a few years ago, and where we had been for a f*cking long time. Every team in Scotland bar one would like to be where we are.

Can he improve us enough to win a trophy? Maybe a cup as long as we don't meet the tims on the way. The league? Not realistic in my opinion, without getting a much better squad, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Not getting through the qualifying rounds in Europe? Well with the exception of the victims neither does anybody else in Scotland.

So who is it you think is going to do a better job for us? I can think of a few with the potential to. Maybe. But there is a pretty good chance that when we change our manager we will do the slow slide downwards to where we were for the decade or so before McInnes.

The bottom line is you should be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Jussi
19-11-2017, 05:28 PM
With newco back , guaranteed Europe every year along with celtic.

everyone else is fighting for less places & the dubious pleasure of two rounds in europe

I wouldn't be surprised if we fail to qualify this time

Pacman1903
19-11-2017, 05:30 PM
You are assuming that the next manager that comes in is going to improve what McInnes has done,it’s more likely we will go back to battling for top 6 finishes with Milnes track record of appointing managers.

Im not asking for a new manager. Im asking for the current one to stop f@cking about

rico94
19-11-2017, 05:32 PM
McIness has his limitations certainly and we have seen them. But lets be honest here. He is the best manager we have had in a long time. When he took over we were hoping to finish seasons in the top 6, and it would be really nice to qualify for Europe. Now we are finishing second regularly and qualifying for Europe every season. That's a pretty major improvement to where we were a few years ago, and where we had been for a f*cking long time. Every team in Scotland bar one would like to be where we are.

Can he improve us enough to win a trophy? Maybe a cup as long as we don't meet the tims on the way. The league? Not realistic in my opinion, without getting a much better squad, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Not getting through the qualifying rounds in Europe? Well with the exception of the victims neither does anybody else in Scotland.

So who is it you think is going to do a better job for us? I can think of a few with the potential to. Maybe. But there is a pretty good chance that when we change our manager we will do the slow slide downwards to where we were for the decade or so before McInnes.

The bottom line is you should be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

McInnes isn’t going to be here forever so we will find out one way or another.

A lot of guys on here who want rid of McInnes are the same guys who thought getting rid of Calderwood and replacing him with McGhee was a good idea,although they always deny because it was a complete disaster of an appointment.

Jussi
19-11-2017, 05:32 PM

You say correctly that we wont get far in europe , won't ever win the league , not until there's a reformation.
Admit that our performances are not good enough if i read correctly. & that we are not likely to win a cup.
So why are you worried about a new manager. doesn't make any sense to me.

mondo_notion
19-11-2017, 05:37 PM
Im not asking for a new manager. Im asking for the current one to stop f@cking about

Aye that's a good shout. DM got us consistently back in to Europa but the thing is he decides to pack the tombola just as we are looking good enough to see off the likes of Kairat/ Maribor etc.

Jussi
19-11-2017, 05:40 PM

A lot of guys on here who want rid of McInnes are the same guys who thought getting rid of Calderwood and replacing him with McGhee was a good idea,although they always deny because it was a complete disaster of an appointment.

I wasn't keen on alex smith staying as manager, but alas it seemed to be all downhill after that.
It's a bit silly blaming fans for who is appointed though as we have never a say anyway.

Mason89
19-11-2017, 05:43 PM
I absolutely wanted rid of Calderwood & replaced by McGhee.

I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted 1_What a complete c*nt he’d turn out to be
2_ Calderwoods players would pretty much down tools

Turns out it was a horrendous decision but the one to sack Calderwood was still right

thebeachend
19-11-2017, 06:44 PM
I just wish he'd **** off. DM has bored me rigid with all things AFC, especially the mock fawning of his achievements. It's *******s.

Mr_Grieves
19-11-2017, 06:46 PM

We've been debt free for the last 3 years. DM's replacement will have a larger budget than Brown and McGhee had to work with when we were battling for top 6 finishes.

Milne wouldn't have too far to look for a suitable replacement, with our budget the likes of Wright, Clarke, Coyle, Robinson and Archibald would be capable of doing a decent job here IMO.

dons8321
19-11-2017, 07:07 PM

I wasn't a member of this forum when McInnes was appointed so have no idea who you wanted to replace Brown. But do you honestly think that if McInnes hadn't been appointed we would have finished 2nd three season in a row, won the League Cup, got to 2 other finals? If so who would that have been? Milne was lucky that Mcinnes was available and therefore didn't cost anything so we were lucky to get him. Sure he's limited tactically and occasionally sends out weird formations - he gambles and sometimes the gambles don't come off. But, by christ, you really can't expect Milne to be that lucky again when McInnes goes. Because whoever comes in we won't get better than 2nd and we'll only win a cup if Septic **** up. Maybe you'd be happy seeing us coming towards the split worrying about whether we'd be in the top 6 or bottom 6?

thebeachend
19-11-2017, 07:09 PM
He gambles? He does the exact opposite.

Mason89
19-11-2017, 07:23 PM
I wasn't a member of this forum when McInnes was appointed so have no idea who you wanted to replace Brown. But do you honestly think that if McInnes hadn't been appointed we would have finished 2nd three season in a row, won the League Cup, got to 2 other finals? If so who would that have been? Milne was lucky that Mcinnes was available and therefore didn't cost anything so we were lucky to get him. Sure he's limited tactically and occasionally sends out weird formations - he gambles and sometimes the gambles don't come off. But, by christ, you really can't expect Milne to be that lucky again when McInnes goes. Because whoever comes in we won't get better than 2nd and we'll only win a cup if Septic **** up. Maybe you'd be happy seeing us coming towards the split worrying about whether we'd be in the top 6 or bottom 6?

I’ve heard all that a million times before.

I could go through it again & tell you where I think you’re wrong but you’ll probably end up as bored as i am

dons8321
19-11-2017, 07:25 PM
I’ve heard all that a million times before.

I could go through it again & tell you where I think you’re wrong but you’ll probably end up as bored as i am

OK then, humour me...who would you have liked to take over from Brown?

rico94
19-11-2017, 07:26 PM

I don’t think anyone could’ve predicted 1_What a complete c*nt he’d turn out to be
2_ Calderwoods players would pretty much down tools

Turns out it was a horrendous decision but the one to sack Calderwood was still right

I said at the time McGhee was a sh@t manager and was told at the time I was wrong because he managed in the glorious English Premier league and his Motherwell team at the time played great attacking football.It didn’t take a rocket scientist to work out his was a pysh manager but for some reason a lot of fans couldn’t see that because he was a former Dons player.

You are talking about some of Calderwoods players downing tools under McGhee,I could see a few in the current squad doing that when McInnes leaves.

cuervo
19-11-2017, 07:28 PM

Unequivocally yes, I could've told you how big a c*nt McGhee was, is and always will be.

You are correct on Calderwoid needing bulleted though.

rico94
19-11-2017, 07:29 PM

I wish he would stop f@cking about too,and I don’t think he is a tactical genius or the messiah like some would believe.

I still think we will be worse off when he goes.

Mason89
19-11-2017, 07:30 PM
OK then, humour me...who would you have liked to take over from Brown?

Why would you replace Brown with a manager that does exactly the same things that Brown got slaughtered for?

We swapped like for like, although Brown MK II was luckier with the league being easier.

Does a great post match interview though (sometimes) & that’s important

rico94
19-11-2017, 07:34 PM
We've been debt free for the last 3 years. DM's replacement will have a larger budget than Brown and McGhee had to work with when we were battling for top 6 finishes.

Milne wouldn't have too far to look for a suitable replacement, with our budget the likes of Wright, Clarke, Coyle, Robinson and Archibald would be capable of doing a decent job here IMO.

He has had a bigger budget than previous managers but it took Milne a few years before he loosened the purse strings,he may not do the same for the next manager.

Plus we won’t be debt free for long if Milne stops making an erse of his new stadium dream.

dons8321
19-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Why would you replace Brown with a manager that does exactly the same things that Brown got slaughtered for?

We swapped like for like, although Brown MK II was luckier with the league being easier.

Does a great post match interview though (sometimes) & that’s important

But that wasn't the question I asked...I was interested to know who you wanted to replace Brown

InversneckieDob
19-11-2017, 07:40 PM

I absolutely thought it was a good idea....turned out I was wrong, but getting rid of Calderwood was the right move.
Having seen the job McGhee did at Well......and having read his SoS (or was it Herald?) writings (which were self penned I was right behind him.

Who knew the bell-end he'd turn out to be? (Even though I'd heard whispers he was a bit of a kn0b when he was here as a player......kn0bs can still be effective managers.......just not always.)

Mason89
19-11-2017, 07:46 PM
But that wasn't the question I asked...I was interested to know who you wanted to replace Brown

Honestly cant remember but I suspect you’re about to use the same defence which was used about Clangers on here. Fill your boots

stansmith
19-11-2017, 07:47 PM
You are talking about some of Calderwoods players downing tools under McGhee,I could see a few in the current squad doing that when McInnes leaves.

Lewis - wouldn't, too thick
Logan - would, is a prick and not very good, probably needs replaced anyway
Arnason - probably doesn't like mcinnes's ego and would play better
McKenna - wouldn't
Considine - wouldn't, on his way out anyway
Tansey - duff, wouldn't matter and should never have played for us
O'Connor - wouldn't notice, probably still needs replaced
McLean - is leaving but probably go in a huff if left out the team
Mackay-Steven - is a pansy, wouldn't notice
Christie - probably be in a bit of a huff but is too good and honest
Rooney - wouldn't notice

Reynolds - would, but should never play again
Stewart - wouldn't if he was playing
Maynard - wouldn't notice
Wright - wouldn't, might be better under a new manager
Ball - jesus
May - wouldn't, probably be better after mcinnes has already made him worse
Shinnie - wouldn't, honest player

I think the players who in such a scenario would have downed tools and mattered have already left.

I also think the dressing room - squad morale - has taken a big hit without Taylor, McGinn, Hayes and Jack.

dons8321
19-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Honestly cant remember but I suspect you’re about to use the same defence which was used about Clangers on here. Fill your boots

No idea what the defence of Clangers means. I was just interested that's all As I said I wasn't around 4/5 years ago so wasn't privy to you input..pity you can't remember, though.

Mason89
19-11-2017, 07:55 PM
No idea what the defence of Clangers means. I was just interested that's all As I said I wasn't around 4/5 years ago so wasn't privy to you input..pity you can't remember, though.

Few folk have mentioned that Milne was lucky picking McInnes. Was it not Brown that told Milne to get him? I can’t remember that for sure either but I thought it was his idea

rico94
19-11-2017, 07:55 PM
I absolutely thought it was a good idea....turned out I was wrong, but getting rid of Calderwood was the right move.
Having seen the job McGhee did at Well......and having read his SoS (or was it Herald?) writings (which were self penned I was right behind him.

Who knew the bell-end he'd turn out to be? (Even though I'd heard whispers he was a bit of a kn0b when he was here as a player......kn0bs can still be effective managers.......just not always.)

The problem is staring everyone in the face and no one can see it.

To be honest I liked Calderwood but thought his time was up,from supporting Aberdeen for the entire Milne tenure I knew he would end up making the wrong choice to replace him.And that’s what worries me in regards to replacing McInnes when he does go,we are going to go through manager after manager but as long as Milne is chairman we are only papering over the cracks while he is here.

mondo_notion
19-11-2017, 07:57 PM
McKenna - wouldn't

blah...

blah......

blah.........

Ball - jesus

It's like reading the ramblings of a mad man

rico94
19-11-2017, 07:58 PM
McKenna - wouldn't
Considine - wouldn't, on his way out anyway
Tansey - duff, wouldn't matter and should never have played for us
O'Connor - wouldn't notice, probably still needs replaced
McLean - is leaving but probably go in a huff if left out the team
Mackay-Steven - is a pansy, wouldn't notice
Christie - probably be in a bit of a huff but is too good and honest
Rooney - wouldn't notice

Reynolds - would, but should never play again
Stewart - wouldn't if he was playing
Maynard - wouldn't notice
Ball - jesus

I think the players who in such a scenario would have downed tools and mattered have already left.

I also think the dressing room - squad morale - has taken a big hit without Taylor, McGinn, Hayes and Jack.

Most of the squad have said they have signed or re signed because McInnes is the manager.

I wouldn’t expect all to want to leave if he goes but a fair chunk of them will I would imagine.

stansmith
19-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Most of the squad have said they have signed or re signed because McInnes is the manager.

I wouldn’t expect all to want to leave if he goes but a fair chunk of them will I would imagine.

Who will down tools then?n

LED
19-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Few folk have mentioned that Milne was lucky picking McInnes. Was it not Brown that told Milne to get him? I can’t remember that for sure either but I thought it was his idea
Indeed it was. Just as it was Brown who got Hayes and McGinn and Robson

rico94
19-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Who will down tools then?n

Most of them.You really think apart from Shinnie,Considine and Wright any of them have any loyalty to Aberdeen FC?

I would say they are more loyal to McInnes than us.

dons8321
19-11-2017, 08:13 PM

No problem...I can sympathise with memory loss but then I'm nearer to 70 that 60. Have you ever thought of being a politician? Avoiding questions, answering questions with a question...you'd be ace.

Mason89
19-11-2017, 08:22 PM
No problem...I can sympathise with memory loss but then I'm nearer to 70 that 60. Have you ever thought of being a politician? Avoiding questions, answering questions with a question...you'd be ace.

Cheers :)

I’m not avoiding the question, I genuinely don’t think I had any thoughts on the matter. I often bring up that I wanted that lunatic Kenny Shiels to replace McGhee, so if I’ll admit to that I would answer you’re question if I had one.

I said right from the off that I personally thought McInnes was a total thumper but it was for football reasons first & foremost, that I didn’t want him to get the job

stansmith
19-11-2017, 09:03 PM
Most of them.You really think apart from Shinnie,Considine and Wright any of them have any loyalty to Aberdeen FC?

I would say they are more loyal to McInnes than us.

I know what you're saying but disagree that they would, bar the ones I said. This squad doesn't look like it works anyway. Too many loans, pansies and not enough hierarchy with all the changes. How did Stewart play the full 90 against Hamilton, score, then against Motherwell replace Rooney [who didn't start the last game] with 8 minutes to go? Tansey replaced by May after 45. Mackay-steven replaced by Wright who didn't get on in the last game when Maynard came on for 1 minute. It's a mess. McInnes would flop so badly at Rangers with all the choices and money, which would be great.

Aldo1983
19-11-2017, 09:24 PM
To be honest it isn't just DM that's boring me, it's Celtic continually winning.

Skacel
19-11-2017, 10:28 PM
To be honest it isn't just DM that's boring me, it's Celtic continually winning.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c845e39dc385b48e924f4e279b3cc5ea/tenor.gif?itemid=5012096

Aldo1983
19-11-2017, 10:39 PM
I've been in denial. I now accept that Scottish football is ****ed.

Thesheep
19-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Never read so much over the top reactions and utter pish!! Simple fact is we were going nowhere quickly or slowly before Derek McInnes took over and it's his enthusiasm for the club, vision for the team and Drive that has got the majority of good players to the club! It's now got us to winning a trophy for the first time in years and being seen for the past 3/4 seasons as the main challengers!

Has he made a few mistakes, a little frustrating in some team selections etc.....but tell me a manager that isn't!! The constant media Drive and questioning of his move to New Co must not only be having an impact on the players but also Del. His family still live in Houston (Renfrewshire), I know his sons best pals son and with football friends saying he is a stick on etc....the pressure must be on him. However better believe it he would be majorly torn leaving our great club!

So stop with the crap chat!

87kilos
20-11-2017, 06:43 AM
Never read so much over the top reactions and utter pish!! Simple fact is we were going nowhere quickly or slowly before Derek McInnes took over and it's his enthusiasm for the club, vision for the team and Drive that has got the majority of good players to the club! It's now got us to winning a trophy for the first time in years and being seen for the past 3/4 seasons as the main challengers!

Has he made a few mistakes, a little frustrating in some team selections etc.....but tell me a manager that isn't!! The constant media Drive and questioning of his move to New Co must not only be having an impact on the players but also Del. His family still live in Houston (Renfrewshire), I know his sons best pals son and with football friends saying he is a stick on etc....the pressure must be on him. However better believe it he would be majorly torn leaving our great club!

So stop with the crap chat!

Steady on. Dafties don't like the truth in this place.

Mason89
20-11-2017, 07:41 AM
That’s your interpretation of the truth

donsdaft
20-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Nothing you hear or read is fact.

It's all only opinion.

Mason89
20-11-2017, 08:53 AM
Nothing you hear or read is fact.

It's all only opinion.

My opinion is always right :)

87kilos
20-11-2017, 10:19 AM
Pulis gone.

More speculation coming or would they not consider McInnes??