PDA

View Full Version : Next up - Motherwell in the League Cup final

Footymad
23-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Motherwell take on Celtic at Hampden on Sunday with the prize of the Betfred Cup on offer. This is a rare chance for a national trophy to bear claret and amber ribbons, can we upset the odds? - External Link (http://www.footymad.com/motherwell/news/tmnw/next_up__motherwell_in_the_league_cup_final_913050/index.shtml)

LawSteelman
23-11-2017, 09:17 PM
As much as I'd love it, it just won't happen for us on Sunday as Celtic will have too much for us. The only question is how we lose this one. Will it be a hammering of 5 goals + which let's face it, there is a distinct possibility of, or will it be a heartbreak scenario where it's close and we lose on penalties or in a 'reverse Skippy Sunday' scenario'?

You know what? I think I'd prefer us to be well beaten and never in the game than lose out in sickening circumstances, it would be so much easier to stomach.

I have had visions all week of Kipre(for some reason)missing the decisive penalty in a knife-edge shootout but if we did get that far then really anyone could be the one that missed it . :s

We're not going to win but I'll be there regardless, just in case we do.

neillyboy
24-11-2017, 01:57 AM
2 1 Motherwell

Handsome_Devil
24-11-2017, 06:54 AM
I agree it's not impossible we'll be hammered but I don't think it's likely...this team seems to have enough character for that not to happen.

Of course, going from not being humiliated to actually winning is a massive step. I can see us scoring but whether Dunne and Kipre can get through 90 minutes without a slip, Griffiths/Dembele/Rogic/etc not doing something ridiculous, I dunno.

I suspect we'll give everything but lose out late on...the heroic in heroic losers still won't apply but it won't be quite as far off as sometimes.