PDA

View Full Version : Warne narrows striker search.

Footymad
24-11-2017, 11:03 PM
The gaffer looks towards the game against Wigan at the weekend, and also speaks about bringing in a new striker in January with Keiffer Moore likely to be leaving. - External Link (http://www.footymad.com/rotherham-united/news/tmnw/warne_narrows_striker_search_913074/index.shtml)

Silly-miller
25-11-2017, 12:24 AM
Anyone else thinking if we had spent some money on strikers in the first place he wouldn’t have to look for a replacement

mikemiller
25-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Anyone else thinking if we had spent some money on strikers in the first place he wouldn’t have to look for a replacement

We did pay a small fee for Proctor, who is unlikely to be playing in the foreseeable future, so we still need a replacement for him, even if Moore stays. I hope that this "search" is real, and not just a smokescreen to appease Millers fans (like we have sometimes seen before under TS), otherwise we will plummet down the table.

Pattylallacks2
25-11-2017, 09:51 AM
We have narrowed down the search to two centre forwards who have been on the Head of Recruitment's radar for several months. Warne's preferred option is an ex non-league player who is holding out for at least what he is currently getting on Universal Credit. The other will be given a trial period once he recovers from a cruciate ligament injury sustained in 2004 in a reserve game against Maltby Miners Welfare. "They both love me" said Warne, "so I am hopeful the Chairman will give me the necessary funds to get one or both deals over the line in time for our start in Division 2 next season".

a123
25-11-2017, 10:02 AM
We have narrowed down the search to two centre forwards who have been on the Head of Recruitment's radar for several months. Warne's preferred option is an ex non-league player who is holding out for at least what he is currently getting on Universal Credit. The other will be given a trial period once he recovers from a cruciate ligament injury sustained in 2004 in a reserve game against Maltby Miners Welfare. "They both love me" said Warne, "so I am hopeful the Chairman will give me the necessary funds to get one or both deals over the line in time for our start in Division 2 next season".

Hits the nail fairly and squarely on the head.

frogmiller
25-11-2017, 11:26 AM

XD

Grist_To_The_Mill
25-11-2017, 11:42 AM
If you look at the number of defeats teams had in last seasons league1

Sheff U 6
Bolton 10
S****horpe 12
Fleetwood 10
Bradford 7
Millwall 13

We've already lost 8 games and we're not yet half way through the season, yet Warne is looking for strikers !!!

Today v Wigan is already a crucial game in our season.

Our record in last 5 games is LDLDL, add another L to that run today and Warne's lack of acceptance that we need a better defence will severely turn the fans against him.

Pattylallacks2
25-11-2017, 12:23 PM
If you look at the number of defeats teams had in last seasons league1

Sheff U 6
Bolton 10
S****horpe 12
Fleetwood 10
Bradford 7
Millwall 13

We've already lost 8 games and we're not yet half way through the season, yet Warne is looking for strikers !!!

Today v Wigan is already a crucial game in our season.

Our record in last 5 games is LDLDL, add another L to that run today and Warne's lack of acceptance that we need a better defence will severely turn the fans against him.

Is this relevant to the thread Grist?

Grist_To_The_Mill
25-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Is this relevant to the thread Grist?

Yes I think so.

Warne keeps banging on about signing strikers when it's painfully obvious it's defenders we need the most.

pip_y
25-11-2017, 02:12 PM
It is and it isn’t! Ok we sort the defence but if no new striker do we want 0-0 scorelines every week?

frogmiller
25-11-2017, 02:19 PM
It is and it isn’t! Ok we sort the defence but if no new striker do we want 0-0 scorelines every week?

There's a cunning plan afoot! We're going to sell our defenders to the oposition ensuring that we get at least one goal in four games.

Pattylallacks2
25-11-2017, 06:11 PM
There's a cunning plan afoot! We're going to sell our defenders to the oposition ensuring that we get at least one goal in four games.

Not even a team from the bottom tier of Scottish football would buy any of our defenders

dmentor
25-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Not even a team from the bottom tier of Scottish football would buy any of our defenders

We have been saying it for ages now,this defence is not even league two standard,ask Crewe.

Silly-miller
25-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Don’t expect anything in transfer window if you do your gonna be disappointed in February

kempo
25-11-2017, 07:08 PM

Well well Patty..

You are learning and now you have realised that I have been right all along.

avondalemiller
25-11-2017, 07:11 PM
We have been saying it for ages now,this defence is not even league two standard,ask Crewe.

we've signed 2 keepers, 3 Centre halves and 4 full backs, and now our gang of ex-millers are saying we need another CF and FB???....so they're saying that the previous signing are poor?????...so we hope they get it right this time....