PDA

View Full Version : Score, scorers and attendance vs Oxford City FAC2

SwalePie
26-11-2017, 07:06 PM
I'll be the first to risk sticking my neck out for this banana skin of a tie...

Notts 5 - 1 Oxford City

Ameobi x3, Tootle, Grant

7,723 att

keldsyke
26-11-2017, 07:23 PM
I'll be the first to risk sticking my neck out for this banana skin of a tie...

Notts 5 - 1 Oxford City

Ameobi x3, Tootle, Grant

7,723 att

Wow 7,723 I’m thinking 5,000 tops!

6-5 ( Duffy 6, Duffy 5 even though I think he’s suspended )

Elite_Pie
26-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Wow 7,723 I’m thinking 5,000 tops!

6-5 ( Duffy 6, Duffy 5 even though I think he’s suspended )

Notts 0-1 Oxford City.

Nightmare memories of Haven'taclueville 0-1 Havant & Waterlooville resurface.

Even worse nightmare memories of getting stuffed by Salford City 2-0 on national TV resurface.

TheBlackHorse will blame Duffy 100% for their goal even though Duffy is sat in the stands.

On a serious note, if Nolan makes the squad sit through the full replay of the Salford game on Saturday morning to ram home the point you have to match your opponents for effort and desire in order for your superior skill to win the day, we should be ok. Attendance wise, in my opinion I think 4,250 is the most we can expect.

The-Mac pie
26-11-2017, 07:48 PM
4-1 Notts
Brisley,smith,grant,Shola

uysapie
26-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Notts 0-1 Oxford City.

Nightmare memories of Haven'taclueville 0-1 Havant & Waterlooville resurface.

Even worse nightmare memories of getting stuffed by Salford City 2-0 on national TV resurface.

TheBlackHorse will blame Duffy 100% for their goal even though Duffy is sat in the stands.

On a serious note, if Nolan makes the squad sit through the full replay of the Salford game on Saturday morning to ram home the point you have to match your opponents for effort and desire in order for your superior skill to win the day, we should be ok. Attendance wise, in my opinion I think 4,250 is the most we can expect.

Real nightmare was Notts 1 Rhyl 3.

Oxford will be up for this, I'll go 2-1 Notts.

On TV, Cold weather, around 4750.

Old_pie
26-11-2017, 09:26 PM
On a serious note, if Nolan makes the squad sit through the full replay of the Salford game on Saturday morning to ram home the point you have to match your opponents for effort and desire in order for your superior skill to win the day, we should be ok.

Don't frighten the children, that video should be X-rated.

irishpete
27-11-2017, 05:33 AM
6-0
Grant x3 Yates x2 mobi

Notts78
27-11-2017, 08:01 AM
One thing for sure is we will have ZERO excuses. A week to prepare, at home, almost a full squad to choose from.
I suspect that we will win comfortably, with most of our goals in a 4-0 win coming in the last 15 minutes as Oxford tire.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
27-11-2017, 08:04 AM
1-0

Grant to score

Frigiliana Pie 1
27-11-2017, 08:54 AM
Despite their lowly position in a league 2 levels below ours, Oxford will be up for this. They left out a number of first choice players on Saturday to ensure they would all be available for next Saturday (avoiding 5th bookings). The financial rewards from winning this match are potentially massive. What would an away tie at Spurs or Man Utd bring into the coffers of either club?

I’m expecting a massive battle to get through this one. The optimist in me says 2-1 to Notts with 5432 attending.

Mapperleypie
27-11-2017, 09:23 AM
There is no way in the world Kevin Nolan is going to let the players take their foot off the gas for this one - the extra class will eventually tell.

Notts 2 Oxford City 0 - Grant, Hawkridge
(HT 0-0)

Bohinen
27-11-2017, 09:35 AM
2-1 to Notts after being 1-0 down at half time. Players will be telling Leigh Curtis all week that they're not underestimating Oxford City, only for us to think we can just turn up and win. At half-time, KN kicks them up the arse and we improve.

My main hope for the TV viewers is that Jermaine Jenas is not involved in any capacity. He'll be gutted if Notts don't lose.

Hysongreenpie
27-11-2017, 10:18 AM
12-0 Notts!!!!

CheltenhamPie
27-11-2017, 10:43 AM
2-1 to Notts after being 1-0 down at half time. Players will be telling Leigh Curtis all week that they're not underestimating Oxford City, only for us to think we can just turn up and win. At half-time, KN kicks them up the arse and we improve.

My main hope for the TV viewers is that Jermaine Jenas is not involved in any capacity. He'll be gutted if Notts don't lose.

I agree with your comment re; Jermaine Jenas. Cannot forget the joy he expressed following our dreadful loss to Salford. Notts to win 4-0 on Saturday. COYP

MAD_MAGPIE
27-11-2017, 01:02 PM
A tough call this one as we have form in this competition............poor form against non-league teams, although it's good we get to play a team we have never played before. 2-0 win to Notts.

However it's about attitude in these games. Many times when we have been the underdog we have raised our game and given it our all and the opposition have either not been as hungry or up for it compared to the usual league games they play and we have won. When we have lost when we've been underdogs it's been because of the professionalism and extra quality that has seen the other team through.

That is what we need to do on Saturday which I have no doubt KN will drill into the players that they must take this game and the opposition seriously and earn the right to go through to the next round by putting in a solid professional display.

Also sit them down Friday afternoon to watch the Salford game to show them what they must not do, although that may constitute torture. XD

the_anticlough
27-11-2017, 02:31 PM
County 2
Ox City 0

Ameobi
Allesandra