PDA

View Full Version : So, are they f'ked?

blades58
27-11-2017, 07:50 PM
https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/263309-ask-the-chairman-part-12-ticket-prices-and-club-1867/

FatherKnowsBest
27-11-2017, 08:21 PM
https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/263309-ask-the-chairman-part-12-ticket-prices-and-club-1867/

That's an awful lot of words to say "yes".

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
27-11-2017, 08:43 PM
Interesting depressing reading,i feel sorry for the pig lemmings.

shorehamoldboy
27-11-2017, 08:59 PM
there certainly f****d if they dont go up this season

bulmer1889
28-11-2017, 12:50 AM

Fingers crossed

berty
28-11-2017, 07:39 AM

Said this last x-mas and had a decent discussion with ozpig.
They are well and truly knackered with FFP.

Chips1889
28-11-2017, 07:55 AM
Said this last x-mas and had a decent discussion with ozpig.
They are well and truly knackered with FFP.

Aren't we all?

shorehamoldboy
28-11-2017, 08:59 AM
thing is our club is being run very sensibly these days were progressing every year now pigs have gone gung ho paying stupid salaries for a quick fix of getting in to the prem if they dont go up this season theyve failed miserably and at a high cost ftp ftp ftp !

Chips1889
28-11-2017, 11:19 AM
thing is our club is being run very sensibly these days were progressing every year now pigs have gone gung ho paying stupid salaries for a quick fix of getting in to the prem if they dont go up this season theyve failed miserably and at a high cost ftp ftp ftp !

Eventually our fans will 'demand' Prem football then we will knackered with fianances as only those with the parachut are likely to afford
the push!

FatherKnowsBest
28-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Eventually our fans will 'demand' Prem football then we will knackered with fianances as only those with the parachut are likely to afford the push!

The difference is that Tunaman PROMISED them PL football in three years. Just like when KKev said Europe in five years... People remember failures for a lot longer than successes.

Chips1889
28-11-2017, 02:32 PM
The difference is that Tunaman PROMISED them PL football in three years. Just like when KKev said Europe in five years... People remember failures for a lot longer than successes.

FFB, next you'll be saying you believed the £350m "promise" in the Brexit campaign. No one in football actually promises anything...can't be done mate....just rash statements based on euphoria of the moment.
My wife promised to love, honour and obey and I even take that with a pinch. But 2 out of 3 aint bad. :)

UTCB

GrayBlade
28-11-2017, 03:00 PM
FFB, next you'll be saying you believed the £350m "promise" in the Brexit campaign. No one in football actually promises anything...can't be done mate....just rash statements based on euphoria of the moment.
My wife promised to love, honour and obey and I even take that with a pinch. But 2 out of 3 aint bad. :)

UTCB

Oh come on Chips, I’m sure she loved you really. ;)

FatherKnowsBest
28-11-2017, 03:19 PM

UTCB

I considered King Kev's as a 'hopeful statement', something said in the heat of the moment as something that would be really great if it happened, but something that you really don't control. Even so you still find lots of Blades who use this as one of his 'lies'

Tunamans statement was less equivocal. When he took over he targeted promotion by 2017, as the stated objective to be a PL team by the 150th anniversary year, (hows that going..?), then he's sold three year season tickets off the back of it. That it was said 'hopefully' will be thoroughly lost by those who've spent their money in the name of supporting a successful promotion push and see it all turning to crap before their eyes.

shorehamoldboy
28-11-2017, 03:58 PM
chris wilder would have got pigs up on half the budget carboot has spunked away and he will get us in prem within next 3 years if properly backed by our board which ive got a feeling he will be if not king kev and the prince will be in for a rough ride utb ftp

Mansfield_Blade
28-11-2017, 04:00 PM
I considered King Kev's as a 'hopeful statement', something said in the heat of the moment as something that would be really great if it happened, but something that you really don't control. Even so you still find lots of Blades who use this as one of his 'lies'

Tunamans statement was less equivocal. When he took over he targeted promotion by 2017, as the stated objective to be a PL team by the 150th anniversary year, (hows that going..?), then he's sold three year season tickets off the back of it. That it was said 'hopefully' will be thoroughly lost by those who've spent their money in the name of supporting a successful promotion push and see it all turning to crap before their eyes.

I don't think their problem is that he promised them Premier League in 3 years, it is how they seemed to have run into a brick wall. One day they were happily throwing millions away on Rhodes, the next they are acting as if they have no money at all, and if the fans don't cough up the £2,000 for a plaque for their seats they are out of business. It is like their owner has never heard of FFP till a couple of months ago.

Wednesday fans were happy when they thought that their players were not good enough all they had to do was throw them away and buy new ones, now they realise that they are stuck, the players they have got are not good enough, the ones they want to sell, they can't sell them as it is very unlikely that any club would be willing to pay the same wages that Wednesday are paying, The few players who may attract a buyer, were brought before the present setup, since they have employed their present “advisers” not one transfer has happened where the value of the player has gone up afterwards. Therefore it is very unlikely that if they were to reinvest the money it would result in any better players.

Holden_C
28-11-2017, 04:41 PM

McCabe said the plan was Europe in five years. Chansiri said he promised to do his very best.

Big difference.

FatherKnowsBest
28-11-2017, 05:01 PM
McCabe said the plan was Europe in five years. Chansiri said he promised to do his very best.

Big difference.

In the end, its all semantics. What really matters is what supporters believe they have been told. I never believed that we'd be in Europe in 5 years, but a lot took it at face value. Tunaman said PL by 2017 and I know lots of oinkers who think they were promised PL in three, and the commitment to spend their way there. Now they realise that the money is spent and their best chance has probably gone. Not only has that promise (probably) failed, but there is no plan B to deal with the mess their overspending has led them to. Plan A was shyte or bust, and having a fall back just wasn't on the agenda.

They've a squad full of overpaid, under performing stars who they can't sell for anything like what they paid for them, and unlike when we got in a mess around 2007/8, they have FFP to worry about. They might be under embargo and then they'll have to just shut up and pick up the bill. For us King Kev kept writing the cheques to clear up the mess, but will Tunaman stay around and do that? Gonna be interesting to see how they get out of this.

Of course they're unbeaten in 6 now, and only 6 points off the play-offs, so they could still get a run going. Third time lucky..! :O XD

shorehamoldboy
28-11-2017, 05:21 PM
if the money is spent and they cant add to squad in january i cant see them getting in top 6 ours isnt spent yet and thats why weve a great chance of top 6 if we spend it wisely which is a cert under tufty

mahatmafoot
28-11-2017, 05:52 PM

Big difference.

Yeah, but a plan is not a promise. Plans are liquid, promises are fact.

mcnulty1
28-11-2017, 07:11 PM

No he didn't. He said that was his wish and that he would do his best. He's put the maximum in that he can up to this point but wants to put more in. I'd say he has done his best.

Holden_C
28-11-2017, 08:18 PM
No he didn't. He said that was his wish and that he would do his best. He's put the maximum in that he can up to this point but wants to put more in. I'd say he has done his best.

Firstly welcome back to BladesMad, how have you been since late September?

I read your reply and was amazed it was correct. Then of courseI realised I put much the same a bit earlier. So even though none of it is actually your own work,well done. There's a first time for everything, even kissing a girl.

He's wanting you lot to put more in now though. Have you stumped up for Club 1867?

Holden_C
28-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Yeah, but a plan is not a promise. Plans are liquid, promises are fact.

But he didn't promise them PL football. He promised to do his very best to get it them and he's put fortunes in. Amusingly, most of its gone down the drain as things stand, but there is a difference.

mahatmafoot
29-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Do you think he now realises all the B/S Mandrake told him about the Pigs was B/S. Really took him for a clown. A knows nothing about football mug now regretting he put millions into a club built on fairy tales and delusions. I was a bit worried at first that he would really inject vast wealth into the Pigs with no worry about return. But seeing what he has done, everything to skin the punters, I think he and they have got what they deserved. Think if he stays much longer, with his hyperego, he'll change the grounds name to Chansiriborough and the team to Chansiri Wednesday.

Holden_C
29-11-2017, 11:40 AM
https://youtu.be/UEaKX9YYHiQ

GrayBlade
29-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Do you think he now realises all the B/S Mandrake told him about the Pigs was B/S. Really took him for a clown. A knows nothing about football mug now regretting he put millions into a club built on fairy tales and delusions. I was a bit worried at first that he would really inject vast wealth into the Pigs with no worry about return. But seeing what he has done, everything to skin the punters, I think he and they have got what they deserved. Think if he stays much longer, with his hyperego, he'll change the grounds name to Chansiriborough and the team to Chansiri Wednesday.

Serves him right. He could have asked any Blade and they’d have told him that all this massive support guff was utter bollox. I bet Mandrake played him sound bytes from the Pitsmoor Pig saying that they’d get 30k average minimum if they were anyway near the top six, conveniently forgetting to mention that they’ve not managed to average 30k in half a century even in the top division.

Carpe_diem
29-11-2017, 12:37 PM
To be fair, if someone with half an ounce of business acumen took over at a club with the potential of the Pigs, they'd make a success of it. That's not to say that they've got more potential than us - they haven't - but they're not exactly Accrington Stanley. Tunaman is just not a very good football chairman, simple as. Anyone who makes McC look good must be lacking a bit...

mahatmafoot
29-11-2017, 01:29 PM
Serves him right. He could have asked any Blade and they’d have told him that all this massive support guff was utter bollox. I bet Mandrake played him sound bytes from the Pitsmoor Pig saying that they’d get 30k average minimum if they were anyway near the top six, conveniently forgetting to mention that they’ve not managed to average 30k in half a century even in the top division.

Should have told him in their 50 year history they've only averaged 30K on 10 occassions and 7 of them in an 8 year period from the end of the 1940's. Two each side of their FA Cup final loss and one when they finished League Championship runners up. And I was brought up being told they were one of the biggest supported clubs in the country.

mcnulty1
29-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Firstly welcome back to BladesMad, how have you been since late September?

I read your reply and was amazed it was correct. Then of courseI realised I put much the same a bit earlier. So even though none of it is actually your own work,well done. There's a first time for everything, even kissing a girl.

He's wanting you lot to put more in now though. Have you stumped up for Club 1867?

Much the same as those of yours that went missing from Owlstalk for 6 years, I'd imagine.

seanbeanstattoo
29-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Sad pig released from mental unit logs onto bladsemad and continues with the same s h i t that got its blow up *** aid to section it in the first place.
Jump t w a t.

Mind the gap on the way down.

mcnulty1
29-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Sad pig released from mental unit logs onto bladsemad and continues with the same s h i t that got its blow up *** aid to section it in the first place.
Jump t w a t.

Mind the gap on the way down.

**** off. C***.

Holden_C
29-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Looks like Chuckys found his dads log in details.....

McNutjob. I didn't disappear after your promotion I left when you bunch of spineless ****ers, with the honourable exception of Aussie, wouldn't pass comment on Banno's rapist drinking mate after commenting at length on Evans.

The lot of you were a ****ing disgraceful bunch of hypocrites.

rodcurrie
30-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Looks like Chuckys found his dads log in details.....

McNutjob. I didn't disappear after your promotion I left when you bunch of spineless ****ers, with the honourable exception of Aussie, wouldn't pass comment on Banno's rapist drinking mate after commenting at length on Evans.

The lot of you were a ****ing disgraceful bunch of hypocrites. Thank Goodness for Pignore,owd Mcpigultyt typical oinker dunt say owt i wanna read..:D UTCB

BlockD
30-11-2017, 10:55 AM
**** off. C***.

September 24th still hurting then I see

rodcurrie
30-11-2017, 11:03 AM
September 24th still hurting then I seeHurtin?:? I dint feel no hurt and don't know many who did feel hurt either.XDUTCB

BlockD
30-11-2017, 11:07 AM
Hurtin?:? I dint feel no hurt and don't know many who did feel hurt either.XDUTCB

I think you misunderstood the meaning of my message to the nutjob Rod

rodcurrie
30-11-2017, 11:31 AM
I think you misunderstood the meaning of my message to the nutjob RodNo i was just bein facetious mi owd pal.I can't believe i've just put facetious,wow i've done it agen.:D Are ya off to that theer Landon on Satdi? U/18's at Cliffe v Barnsley if you fancy it. UTCB