PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Harvie

Mason89
29-11-2017, 09:56 PM
Bringing him in might bring a bit of balance to our team. Regardless of how well he does, he’s got to be a better option than what’s happening just now. There’s nothing to lose

87kilos
29-11-2017, 10:03 PM
I've said for years Considine is a HUGE liability. Once again tonight he was ripped a new A-hole. Hayes did the running for him, Hayes covered for him and carried him.

Any time McInnes reintroduces Considine into the back four we lose all shape, we lose composure and are basically a shambles. McKenna has come in and done well, time to try out young Harvie also. Blood him and let him learn.

RedStarTorphins
29-11-2017, 10:14 PM
I don’t disagree but no way DM will play Harvie any time soon.
He’s too cautious.
A bottler when it comes to the crunch.
But Considine’s time is up. No doubt.
Tansey is a “Dundee player”.
O’Connor is not up to it.
We’re rubbish out wide too.
Apart from that...

nice1simmy
29-11-2017, 10:21 PM
I don’t disagree but no way DM will play Harvie any time soon.
He’s too cautious.
A bottler when it comes to the crunch.
But Considine’s time is up. No doubt.
Tansey is a “Dundee player”.
O’Connor is not up to it.
We’re rubbish out wide too.
Apart from that...

Tansey is a championship player,wouldnt get a game for dundee

Feck_the_Huns
29-11-2017, 11:05 PM
Zero chance of McInnes blooding Harvie on sunday. In fact, is he even fit? Haven't seen him for the U20s lately.

Reynolds should get the shirt, said it about, phit, a million times over the last year. Until such time as Harvie is fit and ready

irnbru1903
30-11-2017, 01:11 AM
We need Reynolds of old in the centre of defence alongside McKenna with Arnason taking the spot in midfield vacated by Shinnie who will be left back. Won't happen though.

Not seen too much of Harvie but he should be getting blooded so we can see if he can cope in the big league. Sunday is not the day for it though.

Mason89
30-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Not seen too much of Harvie but he should be getting blooded so we can see if he can cope in the big league. Sunday is not the day for it though.

Pele played in a World Cup final at 17 :)

Let’s not f*ck about here, the Huns are already planning on scanting Considine on Sunday. Harvie isn’t the quickest either but he can play football. He can also take a throw in, unlike anyone else in the squad.

Stupie82
30-11-2017, 12:32 PM
Bringing him in might bring a bit of balance to our team. Regardless of how well he does, he’s got to be a better option than what’s happening just now. There’s nothing to lose

Agreed Mason, time for him to get his shot. There is however no way DM will play him this Sunday. I would love to see him take a chance with the lad, but its not in his nature to do so. Hopefully we will see him this season though, as i have heard good things.

afc1903mad
30-11-2017, 12:54 PM

The problem last night was not Considine, that is too simplistic a view.
Considine often was marking the player he was supposed to but the team was left exposed by the tactics and not picking up the third man runs.

I do see his weaknesses as well as his strengths and do look forward to seeing Harvie given a chance, when he is fit to do so.

87kilos
30-11-2017, 01:43 PM
The problem last night was not Considine, that is too simplistic a view.
Considine often was marking the player he was supposed to but the team was left exposed by the tactics and not picking up the third man runs.

I do see his weaknesses as well as his strengths and do look forward to seeing Harvie given a chance, when he is fit to do so.

I eagerly await a list of his strength unless you count tying his own shoe laces as a strength.

I appreciate it's not all down to Considine last night but anytime he comes back in the defence goes to pot and a panic sets in. I'll also add that Shay has been absolutely Derek Whyte this season too!!!

afc1903mad
30-11-2017, 04:56 PM
I eagerly await a list of his strength unless you count tying his own shoe laces as a strength.

I appreciate it's not all down to Considine last night but anytime he comes back in the defence goes to pot and a panic sets in. I'll also add that Shay has been absolutely Derek Whyte this season too!!!

Yep, pointed out on the other thread that Shay was pulled out of position, but I think he was instructed to sit on Declan John.

As for Considines strengths, he adds much needed height to the team which is especially useful both in attacking and defending situations.
Whenever there is a free kick / corner etc I think often he is the target man, even to put back across the goal.
His crosses are usually more assured than GMS or Wright as well.

I'll probably get a big reaction to this, but I've seen him do pretty well in a top line speed, his major problem is the acceleration part which he is lumbersome to get going.
I'd say he's also bigger risk in getting pulled out of position. Partly because DM likes the full backs to get up the pitch and for him to put crosses in or to offer a back post target.
Its defensively getting pulled out of position to leave a hole behind him that is his biggest flaw. Sometimes he should just let his man drop deep if there is no cover behind him.