PDA

View Full Version : The best save you ever saw

DonUnder
03-12-2017, 02:02 AM
On theme and in response to:

"Possibly the best iv ever seen in the flesh"

I have two that stand out.

One from Leighton in front of the (as was) Paddock against Morton (Jim Tolmie I think). It was behind him and he was going the wrong way but he strectched like a rubber mannie and turned in the air to claw it over the bar. It was like a cartoon mannie running off a cliff then running in the air and getting back on land - impossible. I remember the seconds silence while the crowd did a collective how the fck!?

Second one was in the 7:0 demolition of Sion Weir came in at the back post and hit a volley so sweetly from about a yard it should have torn the net out but somehow the keeper saved it and it went about a mile in the air. That one may have been blind luck but it was so fast couldn't see how he did it.

hulldon
03-12-2017, 08:24 AM
Saw thread title and first thought was Leighton v Morton! Still fresh in mind and still don’t know how he saved it ...

hulldon
03-12-2017, 08:25 AM
And I was probably at the game with you Donunder ...

jamiesd
03-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Snelders, cup final. McMoist header. And Brian Irvine pen save Easter Road. For the bounce after it ��

Mason89
03-12-2017, 09:14 AM
David Wylie for Morton against Dumbarton. About 45s in.

Also the same game that i started hating that Hun prick Derek McInnes :)

https://youtu.be/UONNma8_tUk

Pacman1903
03-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Frantisek Chmiel for Banik Ostrava v Slavia Prague on Friday night. He had no right to get to it