PDA

View Full Version : Talks with Milne

TartanIvor
07-12-2017, 09:13 AM
As Duncan Shearer has pointed out it has taken 6 weeks to make a move and to us 6 seconds to say no.
The talks would have highlighted the investment that the Dons have and that we are in a healthy position and that new investment can be obtained in the club Dave Cormack has injected money into the club and received backing from other outside contacts A new ground is on the horizon with training facilities that will be attractive for new players
Where as Ibrox is a mess with no guarantee
That is the choice you have its a huge gamble you could end up at Dundee Utd within 2 years
Stay with us finish the job you started

Mason89
07-12-2017, 09:18 AM
Let’s try and keep our dignity here

fittiered
07-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Aye get dm away, we need to get back on track and the longer he is here our position in the league will get worse.

afc1903mad
07-12-2017, 09:24 AM
As Duncan Shearer has pointed out it has taken 6 weeks to make a move and to us 6 seconds to say no.
The talks would have highlighted the investment that the Dons have and that we are in a healthy position and that new investment can be obtained in the club Dave Cormack has injected money into the club and received backing from other outside contacts A new ground is on the horizon with training facilities that will be attractive for new players
Where as Ibrox is a mess with no guarantee
That is the choice you have its a huge gamble you could end up at Dundee Utd within 2 years
Stay with us finish the job you started

Well said.

I'm sure that SevCo would be interesting for McInnes.
Bigger budgets, larger salary, better training facilities, larger attendance.
On the flip side there is huge unrealistic expectations, huge debts, unstable board, court cases hanging over them etc.

I'm sure any discussions would be around the available funds for the January window and whether they had identified any targets as yet.
Backroom staff could also be a sticking point.

Its not inconceivable that McInnes could talk to them and decide its not worth the risk.

Aldo1983
07-12-2017, 09:35 AM
If he wants to talk to them and then decided he doesn't want it then he can **** right off. Damage is done.

We will soon have a huge debt as well.

We need to stop second guessing the situation at sevco. Thread after thread of financial experts have all been wrong so far. Too many folk in denial.

Milne allowed Sevco and McInnes allowed them to get the better of us.

TartanIvor
07-12-2017, 09:36 AM
On his way out SM reminded DM there is a Rat at Ibrox

InversneckieDob
07-12-2017, 09:39 AM
If, IF McInnes does reject the Sevco shilling he is going to have to get some slick and immediate PR on the go.
That would start with the performance to end all performances tomorrow night.

Personally, I reckon his position must be close to untenable, but we'll see.

Joey_Harper
07-12-2017, 09:46 AM
So if you go out for a meal with your wife and she’s flashing her knickers at a guy on the other table, that’s alright as long as she eventually decides against it?

McInnes has had plenty opportunity to kill this stone dead and has refused to do so every time. I didn’t think there was a need to answer initially but it has gone on too long now. He needs to address it directly in public.

Time to move on for us and if he gets blown off the Friarton Bridge on his way down the road today all the better.

Don_Corleone
07-12-2017, 09:49 AM
If, IF McInnes does reject the Sevco shilling he is going to have to get some slick and immediate PR on the go.
That would start with the performance to end all performances tomorrow night.

Personally, I reckon his position must be close to untenable, but we'll see.

Agree, I think he's pretty much burnt his bridges with the majority of the AFC fan base already, never mind if he actually goes and has 'official' talks with them. Also looks like it's going to rumble on beyond the weekend and the uncertainty will more than likely affect the team again tomorrow. The attitude and performance of the players tomorrow night might be quite revealing. Although I think today's press conference will tell us all we need to know.

Stupie82
07-12-2017, 10:25 AM
So if you go out for a meal with your wife and she’s flashing her knickers at a guy on the other table, that’s alright as long as she eventually decides against it?

McInnes has had plenty opportunity to kill this stone dead and has refused to do so every time. I didn’t think there was a need to answer initially but it has gone on too long now. He needs to address it directly in public.

Time to move on for us and if he gets blown off the Friarton Bridge on his way down the road today all the better.

I like the analogy, but the truth is it wasn't the wife flashing her knickers, it was the guy at the other table trying to come on to her. She maybe swooned a little, but didn't do anything... that is okay. Its the **** on the other table that's in the wrong.

That said, he has had an opportunity for two days now to come out and say something and hasn't... that suggests to me he is very interested. Either that or the club are trying to play Sevco at some sort of game, but I would go with my first instinct.

afc1903mad
07-12-2017, 10:44 AM
I like the analogy, but the truth is it wasn't the wife flashing her knickers, it was the guy at the other table trying to come on to her. She maybe swooned a little, but didn't do anything... that is okay. Its the **** on the other table that's in the wrong.

That said, he has had an opportunity for two days now to come out and say something and hasn't... that suggests to me he is very interested. Either that or the club are trying to play Sevco at some sort of game, but I would go with my first instinct.

True, a much better analogy.

Take a good hard look at yourselves. If any of us was in DM's position and there was interest from another employer who is offering more, you'd want to listen and see what the offer is, what the conditions were and what the expectations were.

DM has done nothing wrong as long as there has been no contact with him, even after the rejection from the club on Monday night

Mason89
07-12-2017, 10:50 AM
‘There’s been no contact with him’

:D :D :D

EastAnglianRed
07-12-2017, 10:52 AM

I suspect it's been mutual, and continues to be.

Having our noses rubbed in it springs to mind.

afc1903mad
07-12-2017, 10:54 AM
‘There’s been no contact with him’

:D :D :D

Look Victor Meldrew, if your qoing to 'quote' me, at least take the whole sentence.

man-erg
07-12-2017, 10:55 AM

Take a good hard look at yourselves. If any of us was in DM's position and there was interest from another employer who is offering more, you'd want to listen and see what the offer is, what the conditions were and what the expectations were.

DM has done nothing wrong as long as there has been no contact with him, even after the rejection from the club on Monday night

I agree but the speculation did get to him in the end. Once he admitted that, it was all over as far as I am concerned.

krakowdon
07-12-2017, 10:55 AM

Not, if that other employer was a totally amoral c@nt who had gone all out to undermine your current employers, colleagues etc, promised you things you know can't be delivered and couldn't be trusted as far as he could be thrown, you wouldn't. But he has.

Hell mend him. As said, the irreperable damage has been done. Just get rid.

EastAnglianRed
07-12-2017, 11:03 AM

I'm not convinced it is however, that's just my opinion.

In terms of the rest, it would be naive to think a lot of that hasn't already taken place.

Pacman1903
07-12-2017, 11:05 AM

We dont work in the public eye though. Where there is hatred between rivals. Cant compare a rotating equipment tech with a fitba manager or a teacher with football manager or a butcher or a baker..........

Aldo1983
07-12-2017, 11:06 AM
I can't believe that folk will still stick up for him when he made a **** of both games against sevco all the while refusing to say either way what's happening in the background. Why would anyone want him to stay? He was tapped ages ago, sevco wouldn't go for him now otherwise.

Pacman1903
07-12-2017, 11:08 AM
I can't believe that folk will still stick up for him when he made a **** of both games against sevco all the while refusing to say either way what's happening in the background. Why would anyone want him to stay? He was tapped ages ago, sevco wouldn't go for him now otherwise.

F@cking exactly on the the money min.

They didnt just start speaking to him on Monday after the double header. His credibility and ingegrity is seriously in question here

Pacman1903
07-12-2017, 11:10 AM
EE saying Sheerins in the dugoit tommorow.

So the talks were "im aff to the big hoos stewarty min"

Still sticking up for the cheating c@nt now happy clappers.

F@ck off McInnes i wish you all the ill in the world you cheating c@nt

Rochead
07-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Looks like the Media have shaken the coconut tree on behalf of sevco until the nuts have fallen to the ground, just pick them up and carry them away.

Mason89
07-12-2017, 11:13 AM
edit - smiley malfunction

The whole sentence is still just as funny though

DonUnder
07-12-2017, 11:17 AM
That's a nonesense

There are plenty of examples people encounter where they don't jump ship because: they have a poor safety record or "they're cowboys" or "i was shafted by them before" regardless of the potential rewards.

He could have easilly said "I would rather dry hump a cheese grater" but he didn't he batted his eyelids and drew small circles on the floor with his toe.

EintrachtFrankfurt
07-12-2017, 11:23 AM
McInnes has become McP£nis.

InversneckieDob
07-12-2017, 12:01 PM
he batted his eyelids and drew small circles on the floor with his toe.

Anyone else a wee bit turned on?

Mr_Grieves
07-12-2017, 01:17 PM
He wasn't good enough as a player at the liquidated club and he'll end up getting the dunt at Sevco just like their previous 3 managers.

Maybe he'll sign another rapist in January.

Pacman1903
07-12-2017, 01:41 PM
He wasn't good enough as a player at the liquidated club and he'll end up getting the dunt at Sevco just like their previous 3 managers.

Maybe he'll sign another rapist in January.

Aye but hes a "ranjurz man".

InversneckieDob
07-12-2017, 01:57 PM
A rape-jurz man?

donsdaft
07-12-2017, 02:23 PM
Knickers have been being flashed, no doubt about that.

You wouldn't mind quite so much if it wasn't to the bggest creep in the place.

thebeachend
07-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Hey AFC1903mad, do you have any screen shots of this blokes wife flashing her knickers? How was the restaurant layout. I heard from the waiter that they had 3 tables at the back. GTF Hun the fraud. Sky News from Pittodrie now, the fraud is leaving soon. Thank ****!

EintrachtFrankfurt
07-12-2017, 02:33 PM

Ranjizz man. A club as fake as McInnes's tan.

man-erg
07-12-2017, 07:28 PM
I agree but the speculation did get to him in the end. Once he admitted that, it was all over as far as I am concerned.

Actually, I was talking sh!te. ;D

O:)

afc1903mad
07-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Hey AFC1903mad, do you have any screen shots of this blokes wife flashing her knickers? How was the restaurant layout. I heard from the waiter that they had 3 tables at the back. GTF Hun the fraud. Sky News from Pittodrie now, the fraud is leaving soon. Thank ****!

You must have egg on your face.

Anyway, called it earlier ;)

Well said.

On the flip side there is huge unrealistic expectations, huge debts, unstable board, court cases hanging over them etc.

I'm sure any discussions would be around the available funds for the January window and whether they had identified any targets as yet.

Its not inconceivable that McInnes could talk to them and decide its not worth the risk.

Donanddusted
07-12-2017, 08:24 PM

Right Nostradamus, which way's the ******* going tomorrow?:p

Jussi
07-12-2017, 08:27 PM

If Sheeerin had already picked the team , we may have a chance.

afc1903mad
07-12-2017, 08:39 PM

Never been into the virtual stuff :p

thebeachend
07-12-2017, 09:06 PM
You must have egg on your face.

No egg on face here. You were right. I was wrong.

TartanIvor
08-12-2017, 06:50 AM
Well said.

Good to see someone that agrees with me as I have said all along that DM was going nowhere

RedStarTorphins
08-12-2017, 06:56 AM
Whilst it’s hilarious he’s told SEVCO to GTF, I’ll pass on the love in for DM for now..... until I hear more about the reasons why & hear from him.
I doubt we’ll ever get the 100% truth.

And also, he needs to get his head right & get the team going.

He has a lot of making up to do

57vintage
08-12-2017, 08:05 AM
You won’t get “the truth”. That’s not how it works. It would be unprofessional for the club or the manager to comment further. Whilst he’s still in the game, little more will be said. Someone in the media having a go at Boyd for his attack on Aberdeen players recently expresed surprise that someone still playing was dissing fellow pros. There are unwritten codes, it seems.

You can always make up your own version, of course.

Mason89
08-12-2017, 09:06 AM
You can always make up your own version, of course.

Mine involves Stewart Milne wearing that pretty dress Derek likes

Jussi
08-12-2017, 09:33 AM
me as I have said all along that DM was going nowhere

just like his team

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Whilst it’s hilarious he’s told SEVCO to GTF, I’ll pass on the love in for DM for now.....

I will pass on the love too.

But he didnt really tell them to get to f@ck.The club did. yes he could have resigned(dont rule it out in the summer) but he took two days off work for what we can only call "soul searching" meaning he was thinking about it. Thats what grates me. That and two f@cking feeble limp performances versus them. I will back the team but i wont back him they way i used to

actonsheep
08-12-2017, 12:35 PM
I will pass on the love too.

But he didnt really tell them to get to f@ck.The club did. yes he could have resigned(dont rule it out in the summer) but he took two days off work for what we can only call "soul searching" meaning he was thinking about it. Thats what grates me. That and two f@cking feeble limp performances versus them. I will back the team but i wont back him they way i used to

When we had no idea whether he'd move there or not, (apart from a few were utterly convinced that if the opportunity came up he'd take, no matter what ofc) you were happy to accept him, but now he's told them to **** off, which pretty much rules him out of ever getting his apparent "dream job" which he'd "walk over broken glass" to take you turn on him.

To sum up:

McInnes who we think may **** off to Ibrox at any time - OK
McInnes who will now likely never **** off to Ibrox - Bad.

Thats some fvcking bizarre logic right there.. :?

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 12:46 PM
He didnt tell them to f@ck off. The club did. Whether it was a derisory bid or a bank of sevco installments scheme or whatever. The club told them to f@ck off

ragnarok
08-12-2017, 01:00 PM
He didnt tell them to f@ck off. The club did. Whether it was a derisory bid or a bank of sevco installments scheme or whatever. The club told them to f@ck off

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make here Pac. Are you trying to say that the decision to stay was somehow out of DM’s hands?

Yes the club turned down the offer but had McInnes told Milne that his hear was set on a move to Sevco I have no doubt that the outcome would have been very different.

Ultimately DM could be manager of Rangers right now (or about to be) if that was his desire. He decided to remain manager of AFC.

InversneckieDob
08-12-2017, 01:06 PM
Mmmmm, apparently not. Word is that he spoke to Sevco.

Jussi
08-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Milne should have let them talk. ie. talk terms legally(football wise). Then allow McInnes to make a decision.
As such his decision seemed to be whether to resign, or not. Which would be pretty uncomfortable for someone, in his untouchable status ( with Milne , apparently)

He's only staying here by default , not for some other BS reason the happy clappers imagine.

If I have the version of events correct.

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Mmmmm, apparently not. Word is that he spoke to Sevco.

How could he have if the club knocked back the advances. Or are the club hiding something or was it an illegal contact from sevco.

Thats why im wanting to know the truth

InversneckieDob
08-12-2017, 01:16 PM
I thought it was in the public domain that he spoke to Sevco, by inference, Sevco must've met the amount after Milne's initial rebuttal.

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 01:20 PM
I thought it was in the public domain that he spoke to Sevco, by inference, Sevco must've met the amount after Milne's initial rebuttal.

Maybe because im in Austria i may have missed something but, did we not tell them to f@ck off meaning he COULD NOT speak or am i missing something here

Havent seen any Kangaroos yet

DollyLongstaffe
08-12-2017, 01:21 PM

Not so. The club refused them permission but everybody knows that if Deek forced the issue he was gone. As Sheerin made clear in his interviews yesterday, the club accepted it was Deek's decision to make. In the end, it was him to told them to **** off.

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Not so. The club refused them permission but everybody knows that if Deek forced the issue he was gone. As Sheerin made clear in his interviews yesterday, the club accepted it was Deek's decision to make. In the end, it was him to told them to **** off.

Maybe resigning is not as easy to do as you would think

End of the day our youth gaffer was going to be in charge tonight. Something wasnt up

Jussi
08-12-2017, 01:32 PM
. In the end, it was him to told them to **** off.

That, I doubt very much.

donsdaft
08-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Ach, I forgave Fergie for thinking about going to Wolves ( it was Wolves wasn't it?) so I will cut McInnes some slack now.

My guess would be that he would have went if

1/ They hadn't taken so long about it.
2/He thought that all the board were in favour of employing him
3/ They had just come up with the money ( I'm convinced they tried to get him to walk out on us)

A warchest would have been nice too but I think it was number 3 that tipped the scales.

Red_Don
08-12-2017, 01:34 PM
For SM to announce that he was "the happiest man in the world" after he announcement was made, suggests to me that he wasn't standing in DM's way.

Jussi
08-12-2017, 01:35 PM
For SM to announce that he was "the happiest man in the world" after he announcement was made, suggests to me that he wasn't standing in DM's way.

it doesn't say anything of the events, just the emotional level of our chairman.

afc1903mad
08-12-2017, 01:39 PM

Did you like his comments today?

DollyLongstaffe
08-12-2017, 01:43 PM
That, I doubt very much.

Well, it depends what you mean. Did he literally use the expression "**** off"? Obviously not.

Was he the one who rebuffed their offer, metaphorically telling them to **** off? Absolutely. That's a simple statement of fact, and if you doubt it you are simply wrong.

afc1903mad
08-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Well, it depends what you mean. Did he literally use the expression "**** off"? Obviously not.

Was he the one who rebuffed their offer, metaphorically telling them to **** off? Absolutely. That's a simple statement of fact, and if you doubt it you are simply wrong.

See today's comments.
Essentially, Walking away is the Rangers way and he was not prepared to walk away

Red_Don
08-12-2017, 01:52 PM
it doesn't say anything of the events, just the emotional level of our chairman.

Sounds to me like you're suggesting SM's a mental case. XD

zokko
08-12-2017, 02:04 PM
Enough , it's now time for some light entertainment from wee billy bluenose
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7zw92lSNus

kigoretrout
08-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Time to calm down. All the bile being directed at Milne re his handling of the matter has proven unjustified. Those calling out Aberdeen on requiring the full facts need to get a life. It's not the Chillcot Inquiry we are talking about here.

We just need to accept that the manager was not ruling himself out of considering the Hun managers job. Any sane person would understand his reasons for this. He was clearly angry about the length of time it has taken for them to make an official approach. This has undoubtedly unsettled him and the team in the interim.

An approach was made on Tuesday and having considered his position he has elected to stay. End of.

He does really need to get his finger out now and get the team sorted out now and has my full backing on this.

Also , he has surely burned his bridges with the Huns ad perpetuam

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 02:47 PM
Did you like his comments today?

Fire me an Evening to Vienna and ill get back to you

afc1903mad
08-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Fire me an Evening to Vienna and ill get back to you

Come on Pacman, get with the times.
No need to get the EE when everything is online.
Your on here often enough so go read up a bit ;)

DollyLongstaffe
08-12-2017, 03:31 PM
Time to calm down. All the bile being directed at Milne re his handling of the matter has proven unjustified. Those calling out Aberdeen on requiring the full facts need to get a life. It's not the Chillcot Inquiry we are talking about here.

We just need to accept that the manager was not ruling himself out of considering the Hun managers job. Any sane person would understand his reasons for this. He was clearly angry about the length of time it has taken for them to make an official approach. This has undoubtedly unsettled him and the team in the interim.

An approach was made on Tuesday and having considered his position he has elected to stay. End of.

He does really need to get his finger out now and get the team sorted out now and has my full backing on this.

Also , he has surely burned his bridges with the Huns ad perpetuam

Yes. Like a lot of Aberdeen fans I loathe and despise Rangers and everything they stand for. If the world was the way I wanted it to be, no Aberdeen manager would take more than a microsecond to dismiss a job offer from them.

That's not the world we live in though. McInnes was brought up in the Central Belt as a Rangers fan. We knew that when we appointed him. Despite the horrendous situation at Mordor, the gig is still seen by most in Scottish football as way more attractive than the Aberdeen job.

Which of our recent managers would have turned it down? Calderwood? Broon? They really WOULD have crawled over broken glass. (McGhee is a special case, obviously, but I suspect he wouldn't have hesitated for long before he grabbed a job that was more commensurate with his ego either).

OK, Fergie famously turned it down but that was in a different world. He was on more money here than the guy he succeeded at ManYoo.

Deek, I would guess, was seriously torn. He looks like a guy who's gone through a world of stress. In my ideal world, this wouldn't have happened because no decent human being would want the Hun gig. But as I said, that's not the real one. How hard and how often do some people want to kick a guy for taking longer than we would ideally like to turn down a job offer his immediate predecessors would have snatched at without a second's thought?

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Come on Pacman, get with the times.
No need to get the EE when everything is online.
Your on here often enough so go read up a bit ;)

EE is sh@te on line,slow to update.

But i want to know why the club knocked back advances from sevco and yet supposedly McInnes talked to them. Something doesnt add up

afc1903mad
08-12-2017, 06:24 PM
EE is sh@te on line,slow to update.

But i want to know why the club knocked back advances from sevco and yet supposedly McInnes talked to them. Something doesnt add up

Where have you read that permission was granted and / or McInnes talked to SevCo?

Spielführer_1903
08-12-2017, 07:02 PM
I never read anywhere that McInnes spoke to der Hun. I don't believe he did.

Landvetter83
08-12-2017, 07:13 PM
IMHO it's the CLUB that owe the fans an apology.

Taking the statement at face value where the club, having a duty of care for an employee, sent him home for a few days to clear his mind; then why could they not have just come out and said so. The only communication that came from the club was on Tuesday evening when they said that Sevco asked to speak to Deek and we telt them to ram it. Into this vacuum all sorts of assumption, speculation and fake news rushed in culminating in most fans pretty much resigning themselves to him leaving.

Our club is not that great at communicating to the fans sadly.

Landvetter83
08-12-2017, 07:16 PM

I doubt McInnes spoke directly to Sevco.

I have read, though, that his agent had some dialogue. Whether this is true or not we'll likely never know.

InversneckieDob
08-12-2017, 07:20 PM

I think he did......I have reasons for thinking that but I'm not in the know or owt.

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Where have you read that permission was granted and / or McInnes talked to SevCo?

As ill say again, if the club kayboshed, how did DM manage to speak to them.

Redtothebone
08-12-2017, 11:26 PM
Who cares now DM trolled them in his BT aftermatch interview .B)

Pacman1903
09-12-2017, 04:54 AM

Why did he take two days off work for "soul searching"? I wish my employer was that lenient. Maybe ill try and get someone to stand in and do my job too

There is no f@cking way alls well at Pittodrie. If it was the manager wouldn't have missed two days and the youth coach wouldnt have been named as interim manager the day before a game.

mondo_notion
09-12-2017, 07:28 AM
Maybe ill try and get someone to stand in and do my job too

I'll easy do it. I can rotate the sh*t out of stuff. What's the pay like? I'll have to start later on though I'm off to bed.

Pacman1903
09-12-2017, 09:21 AM
I'll easy do it. I can rotate the sh*t out of stuff. What's the pay like? I'll have to start later on though I'm off to bed.

Rotate away my friend. Pays good and in your spare time you can watch euro fitba. Problem is you have to pvut up woth some of the laziest and most unhygienic c@nts on earth

57vintage
09-12-2017, 09:30 AM
Why did he take two days off work for "soul searching"? I wish my employer was that lenient. Maybe ill try and get someone to stand in and do my job too

There is no f@cking way alls well at Pittodrie. If it was the manager wouldn't have missed two days and the youth coach wouldnt have been named as interim manager the day before a game.

I sense desperation to continue to tell yourself that you didn’t call it wrong.

It is entirely possible that the Board took the view that having the manager and Docherty take training each day would see them hounded by the ****ing leeches hanging around the ground, that circumstance having an effect on the players, and told him to stay away from the spotlight until it was sorted. It was not business as usual, and Sheerin said in Thursday’s press conference that McInnes had called him on Tuesday night to request that he and Robbo took training on his behalf. He is the coaches’ boss too, and that request is entirely his call.

I’m sure you know, as I’ve already suggested, that every detail of whatever unfolded will never be made public, but the absence of the facts you seem to think you’re entitled to have laid before you allows you to continue your anti-manager diatribes.

I find it hard to believe that any Aberdeen fan is not like a dog with two cocks for our having ****ed the scum over, and forced them into a statement that is dripping with seething rage and laughable playground sentiment.

Pacman1903
09-12-2017, 09:40 AM
I find it hard to believe that any Aberdeen fan is not like a dog with two cocks for our having ****ed the scum over, and forced them into a statement that is dripping with seething rage and laughable playground sentiment.

The statement was hillarious and yes GIRFUY to the newest team in scottish fitba.

But surely a man of your wisdom(old c@nt) can accept that people do have varying opinions. Mine is that something doesnt add up and i will stick by that. I will back the manager. I dont have to respect him

At the end of the day its opinions as we will never know

Mason89
09-12-2017, 09:42 AM
They release seething statements every week but the Huns I know are delighted McInnes isn’t their manager. I don’t see how that’s a win for us

We could’ve offloaded that turkey to our nearest rivals for a wad of cash, while rejuvenating our club. It’s a golden opportunity missed.

I’m not one for moaning though, so I’ll leave it at that

curvasud
09-12-2017, 09:46 AM
They release seething statements every week but the Huns I know are delighted McInnes isn’t their manager. I don’t see how that’s a win for us

We could’ve offloaded that turkey to our nearest rivals for a wad of cash, while rejuvenating our club. It’s a golden opportunity missed.

Strangely the McInnes fans are rejuvenated.

While the club stands still. We’ll lose at Parkhead and Ibrox in the next 50 days.

Pacman1903
09-12-2017, 09:46 AM

Im willing to say that we will come behind sevco in the league.

Come on have a go at me folks. Im sure plenty want to because im having a go at their Del

Mason89
09-12-2017, 09:47 AM
Strangely the McInnes fans are rejuvenated.

While the club stands still. We’ll lose at Parkhead and Ibrox in the next 50 days.

Of course we’ll lose but he’s not Mark McGhee or Ebbe so that’s ok

Pacman1903
09-12-2017, 09:51 AM
Of course we’ll lose but he’s not Mark McGhee or Ebbe so that’s ok

Pigs to whitewash us again two seasons on the trot. Easy money.

Sevco might too

InversneckieDob
09-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Willo Flood's hat?

Just putting it out there...........

Aldo1983
09-12-2017, 11:09 AM

I'll give him another chance. That's two in 6 months though.

You are right about the Huns not wanting him. I said somewhere the other day about that but they are even more angry now at making a **** of the way they've went about it...so that's pleasing.

Don_Corleone
09-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Pigs to whitewash us again two seasons on the trot. Easy money.

Sevco might too

Regarding Celtic - I don't really think it would make a difference who was our manager. They're on a different level. It's more hope than expectation of getting anything off them. The difference between them and us financially is the equivalent of them and PSG / Barcelona - if we get the odd point off of them we're doing well - of course we hope for better and we expect our team to give them as good a challenge as they're capable of, but we're still just 'hoping'.

Regarding Rangers - they have a bigger support and bigger budget, so you could say the same as the above - however they're a shambles of a club and their players are not any better than ours, so we should expect to win games against them. To expect us to beat them every time is unrealistic, but you'd expect we'd beat them as often as they beat us. Over the last couple of years that's been pretty much how it's played out. I think the last two games against them were under a unique set of circumstances - we'll beat them later in the season.

Pacman1903
09-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Regarding Celtic - I don't really think it would make a difference who was our manager. They're on a different level. It's more hope than expectation of getting anything off them. The difference between them and us financially is the equivalent of them and PSG / Barcelona - if we get the odd point off of them we're doing well - of course we hope for better and we expect our team to give them as good a challenge as they're capable of, but we're still just 'hoping'.

Regarding Rangers - they have a bigger support and bigger budget, so you could say the same as the above - however they're a shambles of a club and their players are not any better than ours, so we should expect to win games against them. To expect us to beat them every time is unrealistic, but you'd expect we'd beat them as often as they beat us. Over the last couple of years that's been pretty much how it's played out. I think the last two games against them were under a unique set of circumstances - we'll beat them later in the season.

Worse teams have stopped whitewashes this season on both counts

GlezgaRed
09-12-2017, 02:19 PM

The Hun fans are more delighted at him not coming than Aberdeen fans being delighted he's staying !!

Instead of getting a £1million we'll end up having to pay him the best part £1million when he gets the dunt.

InversneckieDob
09-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Jaysus, Wiggy's interview on Sportsound is a tough listen.
It's like a drunk man speaking in a second language.

InversneckieDob
09-12-2017, 02:27 PM
And he doesn't know when to use "imply" rather than "infer".

redscot
09-12-2017, 02:31 PM

We need a strong rangers...phuck right off Milne you utter pr!ck

InversneckieDob
09-12-2017, 02:31 PM
.....and now he trots out the "strong r*****s" p1sh.
Wiggy min........fa does yer PR?

Deary me............

Mason89
09-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Nice to see him rimming the Huns again.

TheRealSLYFOX
09-12-2017, 02:32 PM
All he’s said are Rangers are a massive club, 8 times and that Scottish football needs a strong Rangers. What a c@nt.

Jussi
09-12-2017, 02:33 PM
The Hun fans are more delighted at him not coming than Aberdeen fans being delighted he's staying !!

Instead of getting a £1million we'll end up having to pay him the best part £1million when he gets the dunt.

We have the new Alex Ferguson though.
At least our chairman thinks so.

InversneckieDob
09-12-2017, 02:35 PM
I think that was, to be charitable, Ill advised.

Not being charitable......... MILNE YOU UTTER F U C KING BALL BAG.

Aldo1983
09-12-2017, 02:36 PM
We shouldn't slag him off though. He's managed to keep McInnes.

Jussi
09-12-2017, 02:37 PM

IMO & tbf, it's more akin to someone who's so used to double talk, that it's a struggle to communicate with at least some measure of transparency.

Donanddusted
09-12-2017, 02:42 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/42238338?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5a2be18ee4b0aff806a0b6e9%26Dons%20chai rman%20critical%20of%20Rangers%26&ns_fee=0#post_5a2be18ee4b0aff806a0b6e9

If I'm being generous, this snippet sounds a "bit" better.

Jupiter
09-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Why the hell does he have to say that crap about needing a strong Rangers? Does he like pissing off his own fans?

Aldo1983
09-12-2017, 03:14 PM
"We all want to see a strong Rangers, we need that for Scottish football, and the sooner they fill their vacancy and get a good manager in and strengthen the whole set up, that's in the interests of Scottish football."

mondo_notion
09-12-2017, 03:46 PM
"We all want to see a strong Rangers, we need that for Scottish football, and the sooner they fill their vacancy and get a good manager in and strengthen the whole set up, that's in the interests of Scottish football."

Please tell me he didn't actually say that did he? That's nauseating.

curvasud
09-12-2017, 04:29 PM

http://i66.tinypic.com/2j0zfjq.jpg

RED_JOHN
09-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Please tell me he didn't actually say that did he? That's nauseating.

Imagine having an idiot like Milne overseeing all things AFC. He doesn’t speak for the fans of our club.
Put your money into Rangers you arsehole and leave us since you are so concerned for their welfare!

EintrachtFrankfurt
09-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Imagine having an idiot like Milne overseeing all things AFC. He doesn’t speak for the fans of our club.
Put your money into Rangers you arsehole and leave us since you are so concerned for their welfare!

Time Milne pissed off and we get someone with AFC in their heart instead.

Red_Don
09-12-2017, 05:34 PM
It could be argued that he didn't have to say anything of course, but he was asked, and if he had said anything else, it would surely have been dropping to their level.

It could also be argued that SM's comment further shows up the classless, immature, petty bull**** statement of Sevco's for what it really was.

Of course he wants us to be ahead of them, it would be ridiculous to believe anything else. He did hint at what he REALLY thought of them and their statement, but club chairmen with any kind of standing in the game have to be seen to be showing a bit of class and respect towards other clubs, and that's what he was doing here, and exactly what the hun didn't do, even though they are always claiming to be some kind of respectable establishment above all others.

I'd like to think we're above all that petty nonsense and SM's comment simply confirms this.

curvasud
09-12-2017, 05:48 PM
It could be argued that he didn't have to say anything of course, but he was asked, and if he had said anything else, it would surely have been dropping to their level.

It could also be argued that SM's comment further shows up the classless, immature, petty bull**** statement of Sevco's for what it really was.

Of course he wants us to be ahead of them, it would be ridiculous to believe anything else. He did hint at what he REALLY thought of them and their statement, but club chairmen with any kind of standing in the game have to be seen to be showing a bit of class and respect towards other clubs, and that's what he was doing here, and exactly what the hun didn't do, even though they are always claiming to be some kind of respectable establishment above all others.

I'd like to think we're above all that petty nonsense and SM's comment simply confirms this.

He has consistently said stuff like this. No other chairman has said anything like it. He genuinely thinks a strong Rangers is good for Scottish football. He doesn't want the Rangers tax years to be investigated because he thinks it would be bad for Scottish football. He doesn't want titles to be stripped because he thinks it's bad for Scottish football. The man is a bumbling idiot.

He wants Rangers 1872 with all their history and fraudulently obtained trophies to be back and as strong as they should be. What the f*ck is his motivation? Is he actually a hun? How can you defend this?

rico94
09-12-2017, 06:07 PM
I’m surprised one of the wiggy fans on here haven’t posted the usual defence of him.

“It’s nae Stewartys fault fit else can he do”

KIWIRED
09-12-2017, 10:26 PM
I have never understood the statement Scotland needs a strong Newco
Why do need a strong Newco ?
After winning the battle to keep DM
Stewarty you should keep your options to yourself
You dont represent Aberdeen the support or indeed the vast majority of Scottish football fans

Pacman1903
10-12-2017, 03:12 AM
The guy as said numerous times before is a f@cking c@nt

sancho_panza
10-12-2017, 06:43 AM
If you listen to the full interview he criticised Rangers then was asked something about whether this would sour relations between the two boards and he said this as a response. I took it as him criticising them then feeling the need to say something diplomatic to show it wasn't personal.

But with that said it's not the first time he's said this and to suggest it's in Scottish football's interest for them to get a good manager in is pretty bizarre.

Aldo1983
10-12-2017, 08:47 AM
He is making it clear that he's happy with 3rd place (at best).

afc1903mad
10-12-2017, 09:29 AM

Pac-Man, stop making something out of nothing.
The modern world is full of compassionate and empathetic leaders.
Your getting to be as moaning as Mason

afc1903mad
10-12-2017, 09:31 AM

I

Lol, funny mason, very funny.

afc1903mad
10-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Worse teams have stopped whitewashes this season on both counts

Yes, and in the real world, Celtic and SevCo raise their game against closer rivals than they do against the likes of a Killie or a Dundee.
When we played Celtic, we were level on points with them.
It was a raised game to ensure we did not go above them.
They were excellent, no team in Scotland would have beat them the way they played that night.