PDA

View Full Version : Stayin

ohno
07-12-2017, 05:45 PM
McInnes is staying

cougared
07-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Shocked. Thought he was a stick on to go and wasn't too depressed about it. Good luck to the boy. And us. COYFR!

donsdaft
07-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Mason in meltdown

donsdaft
07-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Actually

Masons in meltdown

erchieplum
07-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Yaaaaaas min ! over last couple of days I have written a good few messages that I deleted before posting .

In summary Sevco want Derek ..Derek said no ! B):star::star:

So_cal_Dandie
07-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Great News - despite all those who expected him to leave, thought he was 'flashing his knickers' at the filth, and suggested that the deal had been done and he 'threw' games, when it came down to the simple choice, go to the circus, or stay with us, he choose us!!

Maybe some folk will be disappointed, but some should definitely start apologizing to the man whose morals they have been questioning for days!

looking at starting with Dons' Supporters Together chairman Scott Barclay -
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42262874

57vintage
07-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Up ye, hunbstds.

eastnuekdon
07-12-2017, 06:15 PM
#prayformason

Mason89
07-12-2017, 06:16 PM
I don’t see how anyone can think this is a cause for celebration

RedStarTorphins
07-12-2017, 06:17 PM
#prayformason

Well f**k me.
I’m staggered.
I’d love to know the truth behind this.
Here’s hoping he’s hit his hard back on & focussed on the job in hand.
Starting tomorrow.

RED_JOHN
07-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Great News - despite all those who expected him to leave, thought he was 'flashing his knickers' at the filth, and suggested that the deal had been done and he 'threw' games, when it came down to the simple choice, go to the circus, or stay with us, he choose us!!

Maybe some folk will be disappointed, but some should definitely start apologizing to the man whose morals they have been questioning for days!

looking at starting with Dons' Supporters Together chairman Scott Barclay -
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42262874

There is no way Derek McInnes deserves an apology from people like myself. Del has not joined them because of cash flow problems at Rangers and that would be his fear of not having money to improve them.
He himself had better apologise to the fans for failing the club especially during the last few days by not doing his management job at the club because he was hopeful of striking a deal with the Huns.
McInnes is on a downward spiral and we should have edged him out the door when we had the chance!

houston_red1967
07-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Actually

Masons in meltdown

;D:P;)

So_cal_Dandie
07-12-2017, 06:22 PM

Rangers Board look like muppets once more.
Fans in melt down, as their humiliation continues
Aberdeen manager for the 2nd time in history I can remember decides working at Pittodrie, for less money, is better than working for that filth.
Milne and the board, with a terrible record, does not need to look for a new management team, again
Players will be, I am guessing, over the moon about their boss staying, likely to get back to top form soon one hopes

Even if you don't think is a a good manager, and your clearly mental about that, those other points are good news!!

Donanddusted
07-12-2017, 06:23 PM
I cannot help but feel that this isn't the end of this sorry story.
It seems to me to be the beginning of the end of his managerial career at Pittodrie.
How long before he leaves is the question that will hang over the rest of his tenure.

donsdaft
07-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Well well well

Even at the age of 59 I managed to let the weegie press wind me up.

I will apologise to Derek McInnes, sorry pal.

However min, don't ever p'iss about again when asked these questions in interviews.

Next interview, call them Sevco and all will be forgiven.

Mason89
07-12-2017, 06:25 PM
I’ll not get the bunting out just yet.

So_cal_Dandie
07-12-2017, 06:26 PM
There is no way Derek McInnes deserves an apology from people like myself. Del has not joined them because of cash flow problems at Rangers and that would be his fear of not having money to improve them.

So your saying he stayed here because we are in a better position to offer him a chance to improve. Interesting!

Landvetter83
07-12-2017, 06:31 PM
Aye Mason, you can put your c0ck back in your trousers now buddy!

PS - Why the f@ck did we need yet another bast@rdin' thread on this story?

EintrachtFrankfurt
07-12-2017, 06:32 PM
So your saying he stayed here because we are in a better position to offer him a chance to improve. Interesting!

Now he better get things sorted on the pitch. COYR!

The Trading Sheep
07-12-2017, 06:36 PM

Agreed...

Wonder what was in that contract that put him off.

Lets not forget, it could have all been different if he said many weeks ago he was happy at Aberdeen and not interested in a move to Rangers. Simple

RED_JOHN
07-12-2017, 06:37 PM

He realises that our chairman has next to f@ck all aspirations but to finish hopefully in a European qualifying position. He wouldn’t have took the job there at Ibrox as there is more pressure on him to produce more.
McInnes is finished at Aberdeen also...remember this is a guy who threw the towel in before we started the game at Ibrox last week. He threw in the towel when we also played Celtic during this season.
Opinions of him may differ...but I will be correct with this statement...WE WILL WIN NO FURTHER TROPHIES UNDER DEREK MCINNES!
He left our players in the lurch the last few days when he could easily have seen over the training and preparation for Friday nights match. It won’t be long before he loses the dressing room either.

Cliftonvale
07-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Monday Night - Somewhere in Bieldside

Wiggy: So Del, how long should we keep this going for?
DM: Lets keep it going till Thurs. The dead mob will be slavering by then.
Wiggy: Cushti Del Boy

NaeMairNeeps
07-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Lookin forward tae seein some action on that 'GIRFUY 2017' Thread ;)

erchieplum
07-12-2017, 06:43 PM
only 50 or so tickets left for Dundee
Bought mine just after the news came through , C'mon you know it makes sense COYR

mondo_notion
07-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Meh....

57vintage
07-12-2017, 06:51 PM
Personally, I’ve had enough of amateur armchair experts.

krakowdon
07-12-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure that statement is conclusive and they'll not be back again.

Should I get my afc 2017 calendar out of the bin or not?

kb_don
07-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Always said he seemed to intelligent to go to sevco in their current state.

Still think he'll go if the right offer comes in. Probably an English championship side

87kilos
07-12-2017, 07:18 PM
One happy "happy clapper".

Best manager we've had since Fergie. Onwards and upwards.

Redmadders96
07-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Well.......Well...........Well.
I thought he was gone and had already gave his new employer a bonus of 6 points by throwing the 2 games.
I will say Sorry Deek min........now get yir finger oot and get back to putting Aberdeen FC back on the football map for the right reasons and not as a side show for the Sevco nonsense.
I know there will be fans oot there screamin that he should be oot on his lug......but hes not and we need to back him and get behind the team. Hopefully he will understand he did wrong by not shutting down the speculation weeks ago, I don't expect him to say sorry or anything but I do want him to stop feckin aboot and get back to winning ways.

COYR

EdmontonDandy
07-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Personally, I’ve had enough of amateur armchair experts.

This wi' feckin bells on.

Bridieeater
07-12-2017, 07:35 PM
He realises that our chairman has next to f@ck all aspirations but to finish hopefully in a European qualifying position. He wouldn’t have took the job there at Ibrox as there is more pressure on him to produce more.
McInnes is finished at Aberdeen also...remember this is a guy who threw the towel in before we started the game at Ibrox last week. He threw in the towel when we also played Celtic during this season.
Opinions of him may differ...but I will be correct with this statement...WE WILL WIN NO FURTHER TROPHIES UNDER DEREK MCINNES!
He left our players in the lurch the last few days when he could easily have seen over the training and preparation for Friday nights match. It won’t be long before he loses the dressing room either.

Thanks for that. I think the capital letter's make the statement even more convincing. DOES THAT MEAN THE NEXT MANAGER WOULD HAVE?

sonofrgmsdad
07-12-2017, 07:47 PM
I've been surprised and disappointed at the amount of our support who've pished their pants over this.

Milne and McInnes both said he was staying a couple of weeks ago.

The glib and shameless one said an oblique comment in front of the Orc hoards which the weegie media interpreted that in a certain way.

Some of our fans chose to believe the weegia. Flock knows why.

Given that to work for them means working for the glib and shameless liar, it took them 6 weeks to contact the Dons, they are NOT the same club and are currently a basket case why would people, on the basis of no evidence whatsoever, choose to go with the weegia over our own people I'll never know.

What I do know is that there is great satisfaction in them having their noses rubbed in the Smelly stuff. Doubtful if they and their weegia media friends (not to mention the SPFL and SFA) will realise that dying changed the order of things in Scottish football. The longer it takes them to realise it 5he more fun that we can have.

:star::star:

57vintage
07-12-2017, 08:18 PM
I've been surprised and disappointed at the amount of our support who've pished their pants over this.

Milne and McInnes both said he was staying a couple of weeks ago.

The glib and shameless one said an oblique comment in front of the Orc hoards which the weegie media interpreted that in a certain way.

Some of our fans chose to believe the weegia. Flock knows why.

Given that to work for them means working for the glib and shameless liar, it took them 6 weeks to contact the Dons, they are NOT the same club and are currently a basket case why would people, on the basis of no evidence whatsoever, choose to go with the weegia over our own people I'll never know.

What I do know is that there is great satisfaction in them having their noses rubbed in the Smelly stuff. Doubtful if they and their weegia media friends (not to mention the SPFL and SFA) will realise that dying changed the order of things in Scottish football. The longer it takes them to realise it 5he more fun that we can have.

:star::star:

Traynor and his complicit attack dogs getting their knackers kicked black and blue is the bonus in all of this.

As thon **** blin lemon was wont to say, it’s the jube-jube atop the icing on an Aitken’s Empire Biscuit.

Jussi
07-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Guess we'll never know what was offered , what was not.
Wonder if Milne promised to buy some decent players next time.

who knows

TheDeeDon
07-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Traynor and his complicit attack dogs getting their knackers kicked black and blue is the bonus in all of this.

As thon **** blin lemon was wont to say, it’s the jube-jube atop the icing on an Aitken’s Empire Biscuit.

Well kint your nae fae Torry, it's a double shortbread. :p

Stupie82
07-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Guess we'll never know what was offered , what was not.
Wonder if Milne promised to buy some decent players next time.

who knows

I would imagine Derek has been promised funds of some sort to bring in players. There is no way he turned down the huns without some sort of backing.

donsdaft
07-12-2017, 08:55 PM
No

I wouldn't think any further inducement would have been made.
He had a big enough pay rise after the Sunderland carry on.
You can't do it every time there's a job on offer.

As for empire biscuits.
Were they not called something German before the 1st World War?

Redmadders96
07-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Maybe promised to get Niall back

57vintage
07-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Known as Belgian biscuits in the Keptie Bakery in Arbroath.

Of course I’m nae fae ****ing Torry, 😡 and neither is the **** blin lemon.

Lairdoharthill
07-12-2017, 09:03 PM
McInnes is too smart to have bought the ‘war chest’ guff but was probably being offered a better budget than he has at Pittodrie plus a higher wage. Someone has pulled him aside and explained that Sevco are never more than a couple of weeks away from folding. Reality kicked in. Everything indicates he is a cautious man. This is the professional game and the managers are never supporters so they will will usually try to maximise their options to earn money and glory. Thankfully (I think) he did his risk sums and told Sevco to look elsewhere. This puts their ‘Board’ in some position. Let’s hope for a wonderful Christmas unwrapping of concealed realities financial and other.

Landvetter83
07-12-2017, 09:04 PM
I would imagine Derek has been promised funds of some sort to bring in players. There is no way he turned down the huns without some sort of backing.

I doubt it very much. McInnes knows where he stands here. Milne didn't need to offer any bribe or inducement to stay.

fittiered
07-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Well that is some turnaround. Great news and it happens in threes as they say! McInnes staying, rat jack getting three match ban AND my 2018 Dons calendar is not ruined with ripping out the December page that has Deeks coupon on it!! Well it could be four!! A Ross County win on Saturday.

sheepcrooky
07-12-2017, 09:48 PM
https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-83/

fittiered
07-12-2017, 09:51 PM

****in lyin *******s. Course he was ready for the Huns but he thought better and knows he is guaranteed wages every month at Aberdeen. Amongst other things..

kkong
07-12-2017, 10:04 PM
That statement is worthy of the Ministry of Information in Saddam-era Iraq.

What a load of steaming horse **** - of course we know it's written for an idiotic audience.

It implies McInnes was "assessed" and found to not match up the quintessential British club's exacting standards. XD

RED_JOHN
07-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Thanks for that. I think the capital letter's make the statement even more convincing. DOES THAT MEAN THE NEXT MANAGER WOULD HAVE?

Do you not like my opinion? Worried Del was nearly away? Happy clapper? 😂

ragnarok
07-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Do you not like my opinion? Worried Del was nearly away? Happy clapper? 😂

You are by some mile the most boring, monosyllablic poster on here. You only seem to show up to take digs at the management team. You’re basically Mason without the humour or entertainment value.

RED_JOHN
07-12-2017, 10:38 PM
You are by some mile the most boring, monosyllablic poster on here. You only seem to show up to take digs at the management team. You’re basically Mason without the humour or entertainment value.

I love you also 😂

Mason89
07-12-2017, 10:40 PM

I’m chucking slagging McInnes for new year.

I lost

sheepcrooky
07-12-2017, 10:41 PM

I lost

Always be true to your principles Mason.

cougared
07-12-2017, 10:58 PM
After a few hours reflection and with very little other news leaking out, it just begins to look strange.

Why didn't McInnes say a few weeks ago - "I can't see me leaving Aberdeen to manage any other Scottish team." Story is dead.

Did Rangers meet the mythical buy-out clause? If so, did he speak to them?

If he spoke to them then obviously he didn't like what he heard.

If he didn't speak to them then what made his mind up? Nothing had changed in the last six weeks. Has it?

I like McInnes but maybe I've been reading too many of Mason's posts and beginning to think he was making half decent points. The fact that he is staying doesn't get rid of Dominic Ball, the ineffective Tansey and Stewart, Nikki Maynard, Josh Parker, the Irish full back from Liverpool, Calvin Zola, Alan Tait, Celtic, Motherwell and Rangers matches this season.

My glass is not half empty but neither is it half full.

ragnarok
07-12-2017, 11:06 PM

I lost

You're most likely p*ssing in the wind anyway. It's becoming increasingly clear that this is true love for our chairman.

ragnarok
07-12-2017, 11:14 PM
After a few hours reflection and with very little other news leaking out, it just begins to look strange.

Why didn't McInnes say a few weeks ago - "I can't see me leaving Aberdeen to manage any other Scottish team." Story is dead.

Did Rangers meet the mythical buy-out clause? If so, did he speak to them?

If he spoke to them then obviously he didn't like what he heard.

If he didn't speak to them then what made his mind up? Nothing had changed in the last six weeks. Has it?

I like McInnes but maybe I've been reading too many of Mason's posts and beginning to think he was making half decent points. The fact that he is staying doesn't get rid of Dominic Ball, the ineffective Tansey and Stewart, Nikki Maynard, Josh Parker, the Irish full back from Liverpool, Calvin Zola, Alan Tait, Celtic, Motherwell and Rangers matches this season.

My glass is not half empty but neither is it half full.

I honestly think people are overcomplicating this.

I don't think anyone really expected Sevco to take so long to make a move. My guess is that McInnes has been as much in the dark about their intentions as the rest of us. If he was 'tapped up' as some people were implying, I seriously doubt we'd be in the current situation where an official approach had been made and rejected by both club and manager,

The reason for this farce is twofold (1) Sevco dragging their heels in making an approach and (2) the media whipping up speculation.

Maybe the club and McInnes could have handled the situation better but I'm not so sure. It's a bit presumptuous to come out and flat out refuse an offer that hasn't been made. They did make statements to try to ease the media speculation but it didn't work.

As for McInnes efforts as manager this season, I think he has as strong a group of players at his disposal as any time during his tenure but he seems to be trying to shoehorn them into a system that doesn't work. Stewart in particular is a player who I think has a lot to offer but isn't being utilised correctly.

erchieplum
07-12-2017, 11:21 PM

concomitant
adjective
existing or occurring with something else

like bull and ****
or weasle and words
or lying b******

or
in a positive way
STAND and FREE

KIWIRED
07-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Do hope so

rustlinsweetiepapers
07-12-2017, 11:37 PM
concomitant
adjective
existing or occurring with something else

Somebody got to Wikipedia PDQ

Jim Traynor
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
James Traynor (born 27 September 1953) is a Scottish former sports journalist and the former Director of Communications at Rangers F.C.

In December 2017, Traynor temporarily lost his mind and used the word "concomitant", completely neglecting the fact that around 90% of the Rangers fan base thought that was the list of 10 things God told Moses about.

Fake news, obviously, 'temporarily lost his mind', there was nothing to lose.

KIWIRED
07-12-2017, 11:43 PM
I admit I doubted DM's creditability at one stage . I have to eat humble pie.
I am pleased he is staying in a few weeks it will all be history
Still believe he was tempted and it was 50 /50
Our chairman has actjually grown some balls and for once actually stood up for the club and I am positive he turned it around

But its also very very pleasing to see " One of their own " apparently, turn them down.
Glasgow press and indeed the BBC ( Chris McLaughlin ) wanted it more than anything else in life . They are left totally shot down and embarrassed

Loved the official Newco statement seems DM was not an outstanding candidate !!!!

Bigger issue for Newco they have been rebuffed and this shows they are not a big club. There is no attraction what so ever for any decent manager to take the role on.

Their head of recruitment is doing a great job

87kilos
08-12-2017, 12:34 AM
You're most likely p*ssing in the wind anyway. It's becoming increasingly clear that this is true love for our chairman.

It's becoming increasingly clear that our chairman is backing the man who has stabilised a rudderless ship and has consistently had Aberdeen Football Club doing well year on year since he's taken over as manager.

Great bit of business by the chairman and the board.

Red_Don
08-12-2017, 01:52 AM
Caught the last 10 minutes of Sportsound tonight and it was hilarious listening to greetin faced Kris Boyd and Michael Stewart. MS must love coming up against that fvckwit.

KB: Ah thought it was a certainty it was gawny happen, so did 99.9% of Scotland. The only 1% must have been Mikey.
MS: It's no 1% Boydy, if you're saying 99.9%, it's only 0.1% ......(cue puzzled silence from Boyd followed by laughter of other studio members.)

Stewart was brilliant, fighting the good fight for the rest of Scottish football, pointing out how myopic people are in Scotland about Scottish football and reminding the panel that actually not everyone believed the move was a foregone conclusion.

Boyd was clearly rattled, shouting down anyone suggesting he was wrong, then trying to make it look like AFC hadn't played fair to the hun or DM and pleading ignorance when asked if he truly believed DM wouldn't have known what was on offer from Sevco.

How does someone playing for another team in the same league get to comment on a serious issue between two other clubs, when it has absolutely nothing to do with him, especially when he's clearly biased towards the hun?

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 07:05 AM
I’ll not get the bunting out just yet.

Neither am i. I want to know the actual reason hes staying. Not any fake een for the papers. The real one

thebeachend
08-12-2017, 07:40 AM
from follow follow - gimme strength.

"I get the impression I'm missing out on a joke here....what are the references on Twitter to Derek McInnes ****ing under a table in a strip club?
Apparently Traynor caught him ****ing under a table at a strip club and McInnes was humiliated, which is why he hasn’t taken the job".

Stoney_Scarfer
08-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Neither am i. I want to know the actual reason hes staying. Not any fake een for the papers. The real one

Yi ken fit happened Pac min

Del said "Show me yer cash"

They proceeded to go doon to the local Scotmid and upon inserting the Sevco Bankcard into the hole in the wa, it instantly came up and said

"Due to insufficient funds, we are sorry but cannot allow this transaction to be completed - Please contact the Bank"

;D;D;D

57vintage
08-12-2017, 07:55 AM

Well, we’re NEVER going to have that revealed to us, and as Sheerin said at the press conference yesterday, it’s nobody else’s business.

You’re laying the ground here for your determination to keep complaining about the manager, given that it would be unprofessional, mirroring the Ibrox approach, for either he, Docherty, Milne or anyone else to comment further.

Hun arrogance, media pressure, utter in-the-bubble ****ery has all been called out, exposed, and given a serous ****ing shoeing up the pish-stinking back alley that they and the SPFL inhabit.

57vintage
08-12-2017, 07:58 AM
And I’ve had reason to use the term ‘concomitant’ in my professional life for years. It’s the perfect term to describe real or potential consequences of actions taken or suggested.

That’s that ****ed now. ****ing hun ****s.

Jussi
08-12-2017, 09:30 AM
Doesn't anyone know the difference between a humble pie & a meringue pie

fittiered
08-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Worth a listen here. Kris Boyd is a right fkn stuttering muppet... He’s not on till last ten minutes tho.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05qdpnr

deedon
08-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Gordon Smith on SSN claiming McInnes would probably have had to resign before he could talk to the Huns.

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Gordon Smith on SSN claiming McInnes would probably have had to resign before he could talk to the Huns.

Still might happen

redriko
08-12-2017, 11:03 AM
Kris Boyd is allowed on the BBC as he’s comedy gold, just like Sevco.

Great that Derek and Doc are staying. Let’s get behind them and the team and make the most of this season.

Derek seems sensible and probably realises money doesn’t buy you happiness, once your earning a certain amount. a lot of other factors come into play.

InversneckieDob
08-12-2017, 11:23 AM
He spoke to Sevco, don't think that's in dispute

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 11:24 AM
I think if Murty gets the gig for the season this isnt over.

I will back the team to the hilt but im still never going to happy about this whole saga. The fact Sheerin was announced as the boss for tonight definitely reeks of all was not right. Anyway COYFR

GASC1980
08-12-2017, 11:33 AM
Well I'm quite shocked he's staying. Indifferent as I had resigned myself to us losing him and coming round to the idea of a change might not be a bad thing. I said on the replacement for DM thread he was going and I had it from two very very good sources, one in Aberdeen and one in Glasgow. I still have absolutely no doubt whatsoever a deal was struck and agreed by agents and other third parties. I will now get fully behind McInnes again now though.
COYR

Red_Don
08-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Well, we’re NEVER going to have that revealed to us, and as Sheerin said at the press conference yesterday, it’s nobody else’s business.

You’re laying the ground here for your determination to keep complaining about the manager, given that it would be unprofessional, mirroring the Ibrox approach, for either he, Docherty, Milne or anyone else to comment further.

Hun arrogance, media pressure, utter in-the-bubble ****ery has all been called out, exposed, and given a serous ****ing shoeing up the pish-stinking back alley that they and the SPFL inhabit.

Well said. Some people are still refusing to eat their humble pie and admit they were wrong. Why are some so determined to find something sinister in all of this when it will only serve to undermine the positives for the club; all for the sake of keeping their own egos in tact is what it looks like.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say, I don't believe for one minute that everything here smells of roses or that DM wont be tempted by the next big offer that comes his way, but FFS lets accept the final outcome, be grateful for getting one HUGE one over the hun, and move on. We need positivity right now.

curvasud
08-12-2017, 01:38 PM
I think I was too far gone for this positivity. Sheerin was assuming he was taking the team and said it would be sorted yesterday one way or another. That’s not McInnes sitting deciding if he should have talks 😂

Sorry but my love affair with McInnes has gone.

afc1903mad
08-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Walking away is the Rangers way.

DM does not do walking away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42281231

Derek McInnes has said he "wasn't prepared to walk away" from Aberdeen to join Premiership rivals Rangers.

The 46-year-old is remaining at Pittodrie after "weighing up" an approach from the Ibrox club.

"I had something to consider... but I feel that I wasn't prepared to walk away just yet," he told Red TV.

"I'm really happy here as everybody knows and I wasn't prepared to tarnish relationships I've built over the last wee while."

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 02:50 PM
Walking away is the Rangers way.

DM does not do walking away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42281231

What stopped him then. I was fully expecting the words "unfinished business".

Pacman1903
08-12-2017, 02:52 PM
I think I was too far gone for this positivity. Sheerin was assuming he was taking the team and said it would be sorted yesterday one way or another. That’s not McInnes sitting deciding if he should have talks ��

Sorry but my love affair with McInnes has gone.

Exactly, the day before a game the manager is dropped for his youth team coach then everythings hunky dory the same day. Awa n sh@te anyone who thinks thats not suspect

hulldon
08-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Now I know I am, down here in Englandshire, outside the Aberdeen, or even Scottish football bubble, so I feel I have a little distance from the situation, but the bottom line for me, is that Aberdeen [U]must[U] be in a better position now that Derek is staying, then if he had headed to Castle Greyskull! My take on it is that his employer (wiggy) refused permission for another employer to approach him about a new job, and that he, as is his right, then asked said Wiggy, as to why permission had been refused. At the same time, he discussed the potential new job with his family (and maybe others) and the joint view, and Derek's, was that he should remain in his current job, probably for many valid reasons.
I feel the bile that is being/has been directed in Derek's direction is as a result of confusion between his performance as manager over the last 2 weeks on the pitch - the terrible displays against Sevco - and the obvious hatred for all things Sevco (and the Scottish football press) and the way in which they have tried to go about getting Derek to be their manager. Yes, we can be annoyed at the failings as a manager over the last couple of weeks, but to tarnish his whole time at Aberdeen as a result of these past few weeks seems monstrously unfair.
Yes, he is not the best manager in the world, and he's not Fergie, but times have changed, and he has been the best manager we have had in recent times, and he wants to stay and progress the club and the team, albeit that it won't be easy, in the current Scottish football climate.
To sum up,I for one am glad he's staying and look forward to seeing him in Aberdeen for the foreseeable future.
Good luck, Deek!

afc1903mad
08-12-2017, 03:09 PM
What stopped him then. I was fully expecting the words "unfinished business".

Its fairly obvious if you've been keeping up to speed with the events.
The way SevCo handled this situation has been shambolic and even when they finally do make an approach, they do so half arsed.
He's realised SevCo are incompetent and even without formally speaking to them, he realised they are not in a good stable place.

canarydon
08-12-2017, 03:32 PM
My take would be as follows:

SMSM have been fed a line by Rangers/Traynor that they wanted Deek, and so have relentlessly pursued a story based on pure speculation

The line was always intended to unsettle both Derek and the team before the 2 games between us and it worked

In order not to look completely stupid they then had to make an approach, so low-balled an offer to SM asking for permission to speak to Derek

This was rejected outright, and they were probably told what the number was - although to my mind there is no doubt they already knew the number

Derek probably also knew what deal was on offer from them, without ever having spoken to Sevco himself directly, and I've heard that one of the conditions was that Doc was not part of the package

Post Tuesday, Derek and SM had a discussion over it, and SM sent him away to think about what was best for him, his family, etc, and put Sheerin and Robson in charge on an interim basis

Derek has then come to the conclusion, whether on his own or through conversations with others, that the move is not for him and has gone back to SM on this basis.

Hence the statement released by the Dons yesterday. What the Sevco statement last night will have done is reinforced Derek's opinion that he has made the right decision.

Stupie82
08-12-2017, 03:33 PM
I think if Murty gets the gig for the season this isnt over.

I will back the team to the hilt but im still never going to happy about this whole saga. The fact Sheerin was announced as the boss for tonight definitely reeks of all was not right. Anyway COYFR

He maybe was thinking of going or at least the club were preparing for that option, a contingency plan was put in place (Sheerin) and then he decided he was staying. I think folk are reading far too much into it. To be honest, we will never fully know what happened or how close he was to actually going. The fact is he is here, so we move onward and hopefully upwards.

Aldo1983
08-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Classic rangers making a right **** of this. Not one of the four Ibrox season ticket holders I work with wanted him as manager but rather than a sigh of relief, they are now raging with that statement.

87kilos
08-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Exactly, the day before a game the manager is dropped for his youth team coach then everythings hunky dory the same day. Awa n sh@te anyone who thinks thats not suspect

Where was he dropped?

He was in discussions with Milne/board/family. While this was going on his team stepped up and took training and were in charge of preparation for the Dundee game. That's not really to difficult to understand. However don't let the fact get in the way of your paranoia!

OleOle
08-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Any anti-McInnes fans can go and **** right off now. Just **** right off with your clever ****.

Redtothebone
08-12-2017, 11:22 PM
Fars Mason 89 ...?

RED_JOHN
08-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Any anti-McInnes fans can go and **** right off now. Just **** right off with your clever ****.

Get the streamers and balloons out...Let’s all have a big happy party because our messiah is staying. We are very fortunate to have his presence at our club...shame on anyone who doubts Del! Give the messiah a job for life!! 😂

Redtothebone
08-12-2017, 11:44 PM
The internet was invited by intelligent people to search for intelligent life it has sadly failed I see.^^^

NaeMairNeeps
09-12-2017, 12:00 AM
Ach what the hell .... so much ****e on here in the last few days, a wee bit mair will mak nae difference.

Accordin tae 'KingKennyMiller' ( on The Bears Den ) .... who claims his source is as close tae DM it might as well be DM himsel ....

McInnes was on his way to Ibrox yesterday then the deal fell apart after he was handed a list of the players he was told he would be signing.

He said he wouldn't sign them for Aberdeen so he certainly wouldn't be signing them for Rangers. Talks went downhill rapidly from that point on and the deal fell apart.

Milne agreed to make a statement to get the Aberdeen fans that had slated McInnes back on side.

McInnes is devastated at the events that unfolded as he desperately wanted to be Rangers manager. You can take that one to the bank.

.... and ...

The contract was only formally presented yesterday afternoon. McInnes wanted full control of player recruitment - something he had been promised verbally weeks ago.

The board moved the goalposts to appease our DOF and McInnes wanted no part of it.

It gets better/worse :D .... few on the hun forum believe any o' it .... Jist interested if KKK would hae had mair luck postin it on here :D :D

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/312550-club-statement/?page=19

Redtothebone
09-12-2017, 12:33 AM
Ach what the hell .... so much ****e on here in the last few days, a wee bit mair will mak nae difference.

Accordin tae 'KingKennyMiller' ( on The Bears Den ) .... who claims his source is as close tae DM it might as well be DM himsel ....

.... and ...

It gets better/worse :D .... few on the hun forum believe any o' it .... Jist interested if KKK would hae had mair luck postin it on here :D :D

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/312550-club-statement/?page=19

FFS are we living amongst these people ...I like my football(and love outside it) but where's the enjoyment in that bitterness so sad indeed

NaeMairNeeps
09-12-2017, 01:05 AM
Ach, nae bitterness fae me Red tae the Bone min, nor in response .... Ah like a laugh ... and find things funny if Ah can ... even if ... actually, within limits, especially ... if they hae folks ragin' :D

Ah might be a weirdo, but a lot o' what has been goin on, and the defence o' certain ill founded ideas/opinions/notions reminds me o a monkey caught by one o' thon monkey jar traps .... ken?
Monkey sticks hand in jar, grabs nuts, canna get hand oot, finds jar is chained tae a post, and is trapped til the jar-meister comes for him/her.
Disna occur tae said monkey that lettin go o' the nuts is the thing that will result in freedom ... thereby, albeit unwittingly, setting the price of it's life/freedom at the value of a fistful of nuts.

As Ah say, Ah find stuff like that funny ... despite havin nae wish for monkeys tae suffer ... nor be deprived o' nuts.

Nae gettin at anybody .... admit Ah wis swayed in a number o' directions at different times re. possible outcomes re. McInnes, McHunnish, McInnicent, McHinthint, McIn, McOot .... still found a lot o' it funny ... as Ah find he above shyte Ah posted .... and hope ithers will as weel ;)

Mason89
09-12-2017, 01:29 AM

Happy clappers are worse than Huns.

Mason89
09-12-2017, 01:31 AM
Fars Mason 89 ...?

At a wedding, hating McInnes and his big Hun face

You upty much?

NaeMairNeeps
09-12-2017, 01:33 AM
Happy clappers are worse than Huns.

:D :D :D

.... brilliant :D

Mason89
09-12-2017, 01:36 AM
:D :D :D

.... brilliant :D

Huns hate our club. Happy clappers actively damage it. Type of pricks that think Hegarty deserved a better shot at it

NaeMairNeeps
09-12-2017, 02:06 AM
Ach come on min, fairs fair .... if Jimmy Bonethrone can get 4 years .... :D

Pacman1903
09-12-2017, 04:43 AM
Its fairly obvious if you've been keeping up to speed with the events.
The way SevCo handled this situation has been shambolic and even when they finally do make an approach, they do so half arsed.
He's realised SevCo are incompetent and even without formally speaking to them, he realised they are not in a good stable place.

Take it you had a chat with him and he told you

neilthedon
09-12-2017, 08:28 AM
The internet was invited by intelligent people to search for intelligent life it has sadly failed I see.^^^

Invented , Min. Invited means something completely different ! :p

afc1903mad
10-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Take it you had a chat with him and he told you

No and neither did you.
I can evaluate what has been said and can read between the lines.
The statements Aberdeen have made throughout this debacle makes complete sense to me as opposed to what SevCo came out with.
I fully believe he was granted a couple of days to think about it and duly came to the right decision as I thought he would all along.
Great handling by Aberdeen, our honour, dignity and professionalism upheld throughout.

Mason89
10-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Great handling by Aberdeen, our honour, dignity and professionalism upheld throughout.

114 years of unsurpassed dignity

Aldo1983
10-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Does that include the bit where Milne is even further up rangers arse?