PDA

View Full Version : Dons Supporters Trust

TartanIvor
08-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Scott Barclay chairman of DST has made statements to the BBC that Derek McInnis position was untenable on Thursday and now comes out and says we should forgive and forget
As a Dons supporter for over 50 yrs I believe that these statements are not justified and spoken on his own view and not as a representative of DST
I was at the Motherwell, Celtic and the Rangers games yes I was hurt at the results off these games but my faith in the board and manager has never been in doubt, and as you have publicly made statements which are unjust to the board and management team off Aberdeen Football Club you should resign your post

Ivor Birnie

fatshaft
08-12-2017, 08:47 AM
Scott Barclay chairman of DST has made statements to the BBC that Derek McInnis position was untenable on Thursday and now comes out and says we should forgive and forget
As a Dons supporter for over 50 yrs I believe that these statements are not justified and spoken on his own view and not as a representative of DST
I was at the Motherwell, Celtic and the Rangers games yes I was hurt at the results off these games but my faith in the board and manager has never been in doubt, and as you have publicly made statements which are unjust to the board and management team off Aberdeen Football Club you should resign your post

Ivor Birnie

Judging by social media (including here and DT), he very clearly hit the mood of supporters spot on.

Mason89
08-12-2017, 08:48 AM
I don’t think anyone takes them seriously, especially the club

TartanIvor
08-12-2017, 09:01 AM
I don’t think anyone takes them seriously, especially the club

We all have views on what goes on at AFC and we express them on social media where we agree or disagree but statements to the BBC are not justified

fatshaft
08-12-2017, 09:55 AM
We all have views on what goes on at AFC and we express them on social media where we agree or disagree but statements to the BBC are not justified

He was without doubt sharing a majority view. He's sec of the DST, the BBC asked him on their show, his comments are entirely justified.

If you don't like it get on the DST.

curvasud
08-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Yawn. He was spot on. I won't be forgiving McInnes any time soon for chucking a season due to his interest in the huns.

deedon
08-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Read the story and point out anywhere when he said his position was "untenable". I was hacked off with the whole saga. I didn't want him anywhere near the club if he was even considering the Hun job. Now he's told them to f*ck off, I'll back him all the way.

Derek McInnes' position as manager of Aberdeen is becoming "untenable", according to a fans' representative.

The 46-year-old was the subject of an approach from Rangers on Tuesday, with the Dons denying permission for talks.

McInnes has since met chairman Stewart Milne to discuss his future.

Dons' Supporters Together chairman Scott Barclay told BBC Scotland: "I fully expect that he [McInnes] won't be taking his press conference today or in charge of the team on Friday night."

Aberdeen are scheduled to hold a media conference at 13:00 GMT to preview their Premiership visit to Dens Park.

McInnes and assistant Tony Docherty were absent from training on Wednesday and again the following morning.

"Derek's a very clever man and he's managed the media as best as he could but there is one man in this whole situation that could have killed [the speculation] and that is Derek McInnes," added Barclay.

"His failure to come out and nail this down pretty much makes it clear he's waiting for things to be tidied up.

"Fans are tearing each other apart over the whole thing and it's not our making, or the club's.

"He's been backed to the hilt and given money to spend; considerably more than anyone in a long time.

"He was rewarded with a new contract after the Sunderland situation but here we go again."

McInnes spoke to Sunderland in the summer after a compensation fee was agreed but decided against a move to the English Championship.

He and Docherty then signed contract extensions until 2020.

Derek McInnes' record at Aberdeen
"Derek has given us success, respectability and a sense of pride. If he feels it's the right move for him, then good luck to him," added Barclay.

"It does feel like there has been a [media] campaign orchestrated by the Rangers side and that's not done us any favours.

"A lot of it is supposition and it's been tiresome given the length of time it's carried on."

TartanIvor
08-12-2017, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=deedon;38724709]Read the story and point out anywhere when he said his position was "untenable". I was hacked off with the whole saga. I didn't want him anywhere near the club if he was even considering the Hun job. Now he's told them to f*ck off, I'll back him all the way.

Derek McInnes' position as manager of Aberdeen is becoming "untenable", according to a fans' representative.

Very 1st line

InversneckieDob
08-12-2017, 10:45 AM
The headline wasn't written or said, as far as I can glean, by SB.

deedon
08-12-2017, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=deedon;38724709]Read the story and point out anywhere when he said his position was "untenable". I was hacked off with the whole saga. I didn't want him anywhere near the club if he was even considering the Hun job. Now he's told them to f*ck off, I'll back him all the way.

Very 1st line

Oh FFS. Where did HE say that in the story?

LED
08-12-2017, 10:51 AM
The headline wasn't written or said, as far as I can glean, by SB.
In truth I did hear the radio interview the story was taken from yesterday on good morning scotland. He did say McInnes position was untenable.

LED
08-12-2017, 11:10 AM
He also commented on the orchestrated media campaign but I notice that wasn't mentioned in that BBC report.

InversneckieDob
08-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Fair enough.....I never heard the interview just saw the written version.
To be fair, I said similar.....and I still think Del has some 'splaining to do.
There's a variety of scenarios could have gone on, but the punchline is he spoke to them and said no. The PR ball is now in his court, a good performance tonight would be a start
What went on in the ten days or so prior to the meeting maybe bears some scrutiny but, speaking personally, I'm happy for now to move on.

TartanIvor
08-12-2017, 11:28 AM
In truth I did hear the radio interview the story was taken from yesterday on good morning scotland. He did say McInnes position was untenable.

Glad im not the only one who heard it and not my age getting the better off me

Landvetter83
08-12-2017, 07:08 PM

Ivor Birnie

I'll give the boy Barclay the benefit of the doubt since I was feeling much the same as him by lunch time yesterday.

RedStarTorphins
08-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Fair enough.....I never heard the interview just saw the written version.
To be fair, I said similar.....and I still think Del has some 'splaining to do.
There's a variety of scenarios could have gone on, but the punchline is he spoke to them and said no. The PR ball is now in his court, a good performance tonight would be a start
What went on in the ten days or so prior to the meeting maybe bears some scrutiny but, speaking personally, I'm happy for now to move on.

Agree with all that... bar the last sentence.
I’ll wait & see.
He has some explaining to do & to win me over.
My main feeling last night wasn’t relief that he stayed, more the GIRFUY to SEVCO.
That says a lot.
I’ll hang fire & see if his head is in this 100%

Spielführer_1903
08-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Yawn. He was spot on. I won't be forgiving McInnes any time soon for chucking a season due to his interest in the huns.

'chucking a season'.....we have just entered December. Gie yersel a shake min.

TartanIvor
09-12-2017, 09:18 AM
I'll give the boy Barclay the benefit of the doubt since I was feeling much the same as him by lunch time yesterday.

I agree that a lot off fellow Dandies were thinking that DM was a goner but as chairman of DST what was said to the BBC was not what all Dons fans thought as if you read my post 1161 on "Who should replace DM" thread you will understand that I had the belief that the club would not let DM go.
As a fellow Dons supporter I would not expect a committee member to make a statement against any employee off AFC to any media outlet and especially the BBC