PDA

View Full Version : The January transfer window

Pages : [1] 2 3

Feck_the_Huns
09-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Would hope that Milne makes some dough available to McInnes in January, to bring in that wide right midfielder, and central midfielder, that we so need to get our season on the right tracks.

But even so, would imagine some space will be required to be made to allow the wages and potential transfer fees to be made.

Ball will go back to Rotherham, or wherever is was that he arrived from.

Stewart needs to use the time between now and then to ensure we don't cut short his 1 month loan.

So, what marketable comodities do we have to offer up?

Reynolds?

McLean?

Don_Corleone
09-12-2017, 04:58 PM
I'd imagine maybe 1 player in that requires a fee, one free agent, and 1 new loan signing.

Ball will go back to wherever he came from. McLean could potentially go for a small fee. Someone like Wright, Ross or Harvie could go out on loan for half a season. I think Stewart will stay to see out his loan as he's beginning to show a bit more promise. Someone like Maynard could possibly be used as a part exchange deal.

I could see McGinn coming back to AFC to sort out the issue we've got in wide areas. Can't see Celtic loaning Hayes back to us. Not too sure who else we should or might be looking at to be honest.

macattack
09-12-2017, 07:09 PM
I'd imagine maybe 1 player in that requires a fee, one free agent, and 1 new loan signing.

Ball will go back to wherever he came from. McLean could potentially go for a small fee. Someone like Wright, Ross or Harvie could go out on loan for half a season. I think Stewart will stay to see out his loan as he's beginning to show a bit more promise. Someone like Maynard could possibly be used as a part exchange deal.

I could see McGinn coming back to AFC to sort out the issue we've got in wide areas. Can't see Celtic loaning Hayes back to us. Not too sure who else we should or might be looking at to be honest.

Would Agree we could really do with McGinn back :star: Didnt really understand why we signed Ball we seemed to have enough defenders!

I thought Mclean was here till the summer ? Cant see Maynard being exchanged for anyone!

Mr_Grieves
09-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Bring back McGinn and sign a Rico type midfielder.

Get rid of McLean for a small fee and replace with the likes of Jones, Cadden or Docherty.

Hopefully there won't be any bids for Lewis or Shinnie.

Landvetter83
09-12-2017, 07:47 PM
I assume Greg Docherty is lined up.

Landvetter83
09-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Bring back McGinn and sign a Rico type midfielder.

Get rid of McLean for a small fee and replace with the likes of Jones, Cadden or Docherty.

Hopefully there won't be any bids for Lewis or Shinnie.

Just spied this after I posted. Indeed, Jones, Cadden, Docherty ... good call Greavesy

BorneoRed
10-12-2017, 01:07 AM
Don't be surprised if we pay cash for Moult.

standfreelee
10-12-2017, 08:34 AM

would love this to happen. think we chose may over moult

Aldo1983
10-12-2017, 08:40 AM
If we can't afford Moult then we can't afford Cadden. He's as highly rated there as anyone they've had coming through since McFadden. Hearts tried to sign him for £100k at the start of the season. They have various clubs down South watching him.

standfreelee
10-12-2017, 08:45 AM
rico type been needed since he left. is there any out there?

RedStarTorphins
10-12-2017, 09:22 AM
I assume Greg Docherty is lined up.

Why do you assume that?

RedStarTorphins
10-12-2017, 09:28 AM
If, and I stress if there’s cash, I’d like us to get Kamara of Dundee for centre mid.
I’d be happy to have McGinn back.
Folk talking about Moult. That ship sailed in August when we wouldn’t pay the wee bit of extra Motherwell (rightly) wanted.

I’d like either another centre mid to come in Shinnie to left back, or sign a left back
Don’t see us signing 2 centre mids though.

A wide right
2 centre mids, or 1 centre mid & left back.

Rooney & May look pish only because they get no service.
Get crossed in & either would get 15-20.

RedStarTorphins
10-12-2017, 09:30 AM

Surprised?
I’d be staggered if we did.
I expect him to go to a lower Championship club or good League One club in England

RedStarTorphins
10-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Just spied this after I posted. Indeed, Jones, Cadden, Docherty ... good call Greavesy

Jones Cadden & Docherty?

They’d be £1m+

Where’s the money coming from?

RedStarTorphins
10-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Outgoing?

Can see Ball & Maynard going.

Have we ever signed a striker who hasn’t scored in 6 months... or looked like scoring in 6 months?

neilthedon
10-12-2017, 12:28 PM
If we can't afford Moult then we can't afford Cadden. He's as highly rated there as anyone they've had coming through since McFadden. Hearts tried to sign him for £100k at the start of the season. They have various clubs down South watching him.

Well May is here to stay. What are the odds Deek tries for another super Tall triker. Peter Crouch anyone ?!!

would McGinn return ? He`s barely had a close season rest in 4 years . And he`s surely worked his way through any ( ? ) of the talent in Aberdeen. Edinburgh would offer more opportunities for the single man !!

It would be great for us if he did though. What about Templeton ??

( Or is too hun tainted to meet with approval on here ? )

standfreelee
10-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Well May is here to stay. What are the odds Deek tries for another super Tall triker. Peter Crouch anyone ?!!

would McGinn return ? He`s barely had a close season rest in 4 years . And he`s surely worked his way through any ( ? ) of the talent in Aberdeen. Edinburgh would offer more opportunities for the single man !!

It would be great for us if he did though. What about Templeton ??

( Or is too hun tainted to meet with approval on here ? )

we dinna cross the ball into the box anymore for a tall striker.

mcginn would be welcome but id be surprised. Templeton nae have injury issues? affa like gms who i hope will mcinnes get back on track. might take time but fingers crossed...took a massive pay cut to come here apparently

RedStarTorphins
10-12-2017, 02:46 PM
we dinna cross the ball into the box anymore for a tall striker.

mcginn would be welcome but id be surprised. Templeton nae have injury issues? affa like gms who i hope will mcinnes get back on track. might take time but fingers crossed...took a massive pay cut to come here apparently

No thanks.

1) We don’t have wingers that cross the ball
2) DM’s record at signing tall front men is rotten. Zola & Stockley

vinnydesalvo
10-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Docherty and a turnaround 3yr McLean deal would do. McGinn and Stevie Mallan loan would be welcome bonus balls. Moult would be the icing.

Snaffling Hendry and Morgan ahead of the Hoops would be a hoot. Get Nicky Maynard's old youtube compilation doing the rounds down in the English National League to fund our incomings.

TheRealSLYFOX
11-12-2017, 12:37 AM
What I’d like
Out- Ball, GMS, Maynard, O’ Connor.
In- Moult (his injury just now helps), Naismith (Ross C), Devlin, Morgan.

vinnydesalvo
11-12-2017, 01:35 AM
Naismith - good shout. Not for the first time this season - impressing in the highlights. Logan to left back. Tidy bit of width and pace.

blowupsheep
11-12-2017, 02:39 AM
Logan to left back..

Nah min, we need to bide awa from trying to slot square pegs into round holes as we found time and time again it disna work....
Naismith is a good shout though....

COYR

ILikeJam
11-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Folk talking about Moult need a wee reality check. We wouldn't pay what he was worth in the summer and given his form and media love-in he's probably doubled in price since then - not happening.

And even if we did somehow sign him, he'd be standing next to Rooney or May wondering if the ball was ever going to come into the box. That or playing left wing.

And everyone would call him sh!te...

RedStarTorphins
11-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Folk talking about Moult need a wee reality check. We wouldn't pay what he was worth in the summer and given his form and media love-in he's probably doubled in price since then - not happening.

And even if we did somehow sign him, he'd be standing next to Rooney or May wondering if the ball was ever going to come into the box. That or playing left wing.

And everyone would call him sh!te...

Correct
As I said earlier, that ship has long since sailed.

I think reading some of the posts on here, folk need the reality check you mentioned.

Suggesting we sign Docherty, Cadden, Jones and whoever else....those 3 would cost over £1m.

There's a chance we might pay a relatively small fee along the lines of the GMS £250k, but to suggest we'll go on a spree and sing 3 young players under contract at that cost is Championship Manager stuff

Mr_Grieves
11-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Suggesting we sign Docherty, Cadden, Jones and whoever else....those 3 would cost over £1m.

Read post#4 again, no-one has suggested we sign all 3 of them.

rico94
11-12-2017, 02:21 PM
To be honest I haven't seen enough of Docherty to judge whether he is a good player or not,but I remember people on here saying they liked Kenny McLean when he was at St Mirren and thought we should sign him.

Maybe we should try signing players from somewhere else rather than diddy SPFL clubs,the chances are he will be as popular as McLean is if we did actually sign him.

87kilos
11-12-2017, 02:31 PM
What I’d like
Out- Ball, GMS, Maynard, O’ Connor.
In- Moult (his injury just now helps), Naismith (Ross C), Devlin, Morgan.

There is definitely a player in GMS, just lacking in confidence is my opinion. I'd be keeping him.

We need a ball winner in midfield plus a left back if Shinnie is going to be utilised in midfield.

Donanddusted
11-12-2017, 04:30 PM
I cannot see McGinn returning (as much as I'd like him to).
He wouldn't have left if he didn't want to try something different.

I see Lennon has been blowing smoke up his ass:
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-hibs-set-for-tug-of-war-over-winger-niall-mcginn-1-4635619

"Neil Lennon has confirmed he's keen on bringing Niall McGinn to Hibs after the former Celtic and Aberdeen star was a guest of the club for the 2-2 draw with the xxxxs."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42306417

Bridieeater
11-12-2017, 04:55 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-hibs-set-for-tug-of-war-over-winger-niall-mcginn-1-4635619

"Neil Lennon has confirmed he's keen on bringing Niall McGinn to Hibs after the former Celtic and Aberdeen star was a guest of the club for the 2-2 draw with the xxxxs."

McGinn will get plenty of offers over the next few weeks. If he wants to come back and DM wants him back then he will come back. It will ultimately come down to the longest/best offer for McGinn and whether we would want to offer a 2 year contract? I suspect Hibs and Hearts would, i doubt we would. He couldn't fecking cross a bridge last season so i don't see how he's going to solve our current width issues.

RedStarTorphins
11-12-2017, 05:13 PM

I think he’ll end up at Hibs.

Don_Corleone
11-12-2017, 05:54 PM
I think he’ll end up at Hibs.

I think you're right. He had a great few years here, felt the time was right to move on and although I'd take him back in a minute, I think he'll want a bit of a change - Hibs seem most likely. They're building a good team, and Lennon is a good manager.

I really can't think of any obvious targets as far as wide players, or central midfielders go. I think they are the key positions we need to strengthen. The only real wide players we've got are Wright and GMS and neither of them are getting a decent enough run in the team to build their confidence, which is ***** for wingers. The other players we're trying to play out wide from time to time don't really know what to do out there - Rooney, May, McLean, Christie, Ross, Stewart etc. With the exception of Rooney they'd all be able to do a job in a central position behind the main striker, but no use out wide. If we had a tough tackling energetic midfielder to replace Shinnie in the centre, i'd be tempted to stick him out wide left rather than some of these other guys as at least he knows how to get by a man and put in a cross.

sheepcrooky
11-12-2017, 06:09 PM
We’re McGinn and Popcorn teeth in the same squad together in their Victim FC days?

Pacman1903
11-12-2017, 06:21 PM
Neil Lennon binned him did he not

rico94
11-12-2017, 07:33 PM
McGinn will get plenty of offers over the next few weeks. If he wants to come back and DM wants him back then he will come back. It will ultimately come down to the longest/best offer for McGinn and whether we would want to offer a 2 year contract? I suspect Hibs and Hearts would, i doubt we would. He couldn't fecking cross a bridge last season so i don't see how he's going to solve our current width issues.

He got 14 goals and 12 assists for us last season.

We will be lucky if GMS,Stewart and Wright get 12 assists between them this season.None of them are going to score anywhere near 14 goals.

RedStarTorphins
11-12-2017, 08:02 PM
He got 14 goals and 12 assists for us last season.

We will be lucky if GMS,Stewart and Wright get 12 assists between them this season.None of them are going to score anywhere near 14 goals.

Totally agree.
He may not be perfect but he’d walk in to that Dons X1 now.
Rooney would also like to see him back (as would May) as 75% of Rooney’s goals were created by McGinn & Hayes.

RED_JOHN
11-12-2017, 08:07 PM
I think McInnes will sign a centre half as he is clearly not satisfied with what we have. Someone very similar to Ash Taylor who wins nearly everything in the air ...hopefully somebody better on the ball.
I think he will stick with Rooney and May as the main strikers in the squad but will add a wide player to create chances for them both.
His wild card signing (a loan) will be a sitting midfielder...he likes these players to protect his defence.
Me personally I would certainly go for a winger, a striker, another attacking midfielder and a centre half.
A couple of players should certainly be moved on as they get very little game time and offer very little (Maynard and Ball).

standfreelee
11-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Totally agree.
He may not be perfect but he’d walk in to that Dons X1 now.
Rooney would also like to see him back (as would May) as 75% of Rooney’s goals were created by McGinn & Hayes.

aye, lets just get mcginn back in. I'd be delighted

BorneoRed
12-12-2017, 04:21 AM
And even if we did somehow sign him, he'd be standing next to Rooney or May wondering if the ball was ever going to come into the box.

So, what you are saying is, Motherwell are better than Aberdeen as he scores regularly for them.

fittiered
12-12-2017, 06:40 AM
So, what you are saying is, Motherwell are better than Aberdeen as he scores regularly for them.

According to Scottish sun he is off to Preston ahead of huns and hubs.

rico94
12-12-2017, 07:35 AM

I think he is talking about the fact our wide players haven't put many crosses into the box this season,and when they finally do manage to cross the ball its a shyte cross.

From what I have seen of Moult he gets most of his goals from his team mates crossing the ball into the box, so yes he wouldnt score as many goals for us if he signed for us this season.

JuanFatche
12-12-2017, 11:39 AM

He scores from crosses. We've put in about two good crosses all season and Rooney scored from them both. Tell a lie, Shinnie put in a good one against Hamilton and May should have scored.

Landvetter83
12-12-2017, 08:06 PM
Keep an eye on events in Ingerlund with respect to Ryan Fraser.

We get a healthy chunk of wedge if young Ryan moves from Bournemouth.

RedStarTorphins
12-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Keep an eye on events in Ingerlund with respect to Ryan Fraser.

We get a healthy chunk of wedge if young Ryan moves from Bournemouth.

You sure?
I didn’t think we had a sell on clause

Pacman1903
12-12-2017, 08:55 PM
You sure?

Be pretty f@cking daft if we dinna.

RedStarTorphins
12-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Be pretty f@cking daft if we dinna.

I’m sure this has come up before & Dincan Fraser has said there isn’t a clause.
Didn’t he sign out of contract & we only got “training” compensation?

RedLineRed
13-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Don't know about January but by summer we'll be looking to replace Considine (hopefully), O'Connor, Arnason (I imagine), Stewart, Ball, McLean, Christie, Storie & Maynard at least.

Even in the poundlands & Charity shops we buy from we should be able to upgrade most of them I'd hope.

RedStarTorphins
13-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Don't know about January but by summer we'll be looking to replace Considine (hopefully), O'Connor, Arnason (I imagine), Stewart, Ball, McLean, Christie, Storie & Maynard at least.

Even in the poundlands & Charity shops we buy from we should be able to upgrade most of them I'd hope.

Aye, we could be looking at a major overhaul
8 of the 9 above are regularly in the squad of 18 and 5 or 6 of them in the starting X1

A major overhaul may not necessarily be a bad thing, however, given DM's mixed record in the transfer market, it could be a complete disaster.
Look at how we've regressed this season.
(The biggest downgrade being the replacements for McGinn & Hayes)

If O'Connor & McLean refuse to re-sign, then we should look to sell for money in January.

Hopefully a couple of decent signings are made in January to help for the rest of the season.
On current form, we'll be lucky to finish in the automatic Euro spots of top 3.

rico94
13-12-2017, 01:36 PM

Not sure if its going to be as much as that.

No chance Considine is going anywhere he is here to stay,I would say there is a good chance O'Connor will sign a new deal and Arnason might stay on for another season.

Ball,Storie and Maynard will be off but wont be hard to replace, Stewart has looked ok the last few games but we can do better.

Christie will be hard to replace and depending on who you talk to McLean wont be.

So really from that list we will only need to replace two first team players and 3 or 4 bench warmers.

RedStarTorphins
13-12-2017, 01:42 PM

No chance Considine is going anywhere he is here to stay,I would say there is a good chance O'Connor will sign a new deal and Arnason might stay on for another season.

Ball,Storie and Maynard will be off but wont be hard to replace, Stewart has looked ok the last few games but we can do better.

Christie will be hard to replace and depending on who you talk to McLean wont be.

So really from that list we will only need to replace two first team players and 3 or 4 bench warmers.

Most of the players he signed in the summer are bench warmers.
How many nailed on regulars are there from the summer signings?
Tansey?
Maynard?
GMS?
Ball?
Stewart?
Arnason?

all either in and out of the team or perennial substitutes.

rico94
13-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Most of the players he signed in the summer are bench warmers.
How many nailed on regulars are there from the summer signings?
Tansey?
Maynard?
GMS?
Ball?
Stewart?
Arnason?

all either in and out of the team or perennial substitutes.

Christie and May are in the team every week.

Arnason,GMS and Stewart are in and out of the team.

Tansey has been injured but looks pish when he has played so its hard to tell if he would play more often.

Ball and Maynard would be the only bench warmers from the summer signings.

PittodriePile
13-12-2017, 02:24 PM
He scores from crosses. We've put in about two good crosses all season and Rooney scored from them both. Tell a lie, Shinnie put in a good one against Hamilton and May should have scored.

You're forgetting the GMS cross for Shays winner away to Ross County and also his cross to May for the wrongly disallowed goal v Killie.

kigoretrout
13-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Niall McGinn would be a good addition. Although I think his head might be turned by the bright lights of Edinburgh and I wouldn't be surprised if he signed for Hibs. I see Crawford isn't getting a game for Hamilton. Would he be worth a punt ?

RedStarTorphins
13-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Christie and May are in the team every week.

Arnason,GMS and Stewart are in and out of the team.

Tansey has been injured but looks pish when he has played so its hard to tell if he would play more often.

Ball and Maynard would be the only bench warmers from the summer signings.

May I'll grant you - I forgot about him, such has been his impact.
Christie I wasn't counting as "new" as he was here last year but ok, fair enough.
Stewart & GMS rarely if ever play 2 games in a row
Tansey clearly isn't good enough

My point is, DM's record of recruitment is patchy and for him to replace 9 players (whether first X1 or subs) will be hit or miss.

rico94
13-12-2017, 03:20 PM
May I'll grant you - I forgot about him, such has been his impact.
Christie I wasn't counting as "new" as he was here last year but ok, fair enough.
Stewart & GMS rarely if ever play 2 games in a row
Tansey clearly isn't good enough

My point is, DM's record of recruitment is patchy and for him to replace 9 players (whether first X1 or subs) will be hit or miss.

My point was he isn't going to have to replace 9 players.1 player in Redlines list is under contract(Consi),AOC and Aranason will possibly sign new deals, Ball and Maynard hardly get any game time and Storie never makes the bench so why does he need to replace them?

3 would be more realistic in McLean, Christie and Stewart, hopefully McGinn signs next month so that is Stewart's replacement sorted.

RED_JOHN
13-12-2017, 06:20 PM
I think we will only have 2 new players in January with 2 moving on.

Landvetter83
13-12-2017, 07:30 PM
You sure?

Says so in Cooney's book "Stand by your Reds" - Chapter 18. ".... 20% of the proceeds of any further sale"

RedStarTorphins
13-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Says so in Cooney's book "Stand by your Reds" - Chapter 18. ".... 20% of the proceeds of any further sale"

Hope so.
the mad world of English transfer fees.
Someone could pay £5m & we get £1m.

nice1simmy
13-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Hope so.
the mad world of English transfer fees.
Someone could pay £5m & we get £1m.

More like 10M in mad world of england,fingers crossed

Feck_the_Huns
13-12-2017, 11:01 PM
I think we will only have 2 new players in January with 2 moving on.

Would settle for that

GASC1980
14-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Moult signs for Preston.

DJR1979
14-12-2017, 12:14 PM
With Christie being over half way through his current deal with the Tims and no real sign of getting a good swipe at the ball with them do you think there is any chance of singing him in the near future?

I know its a long shot.

kigoretrout
14-12-2017, 01:11 PM
With Christie being over half way through his current deal with the Tims and no real sign of getting a good swipe at the ball with them do you think there is any chance of singing him in the near future?

I know its a long shot.

I would love it to happen. I believe we did try to do a permanent deal. Brenda made it quite clear that he wants to keep Christie and given he has probably been our best player this season I don't see Celtic parting with him at end of season.

87kilos
14-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Couldn't afford Christie or his wages. He'll be in the Championship and doubled his wages again within the next two seasons.

Pacman1903
14-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Couldn't afford Christie or his wages. He'll be in the Championship and doubled his wages again within the next two seasons.

Exactly. We have effectively priced ourselves out of affording him. The joys of developing someone elses player.

Mason89
14-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Brendan will need somebody to switch on the Christmas lights in Lennoxtown next year.

He’ll probably be our player of the year

Pacman1903
14-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Brendan will need somebody to switch on the Christmas lights in Lennoxtown next year.

How did Jonny get on anyway. The special wee guy.

Mason89
14-12-2017, 05:57 PM
https://goo.gl/images/d4ufkq

Pacman1903
14-12-2017, 06:00 PM
https://goo.gl/images/d4ufkq

Hillarious. What a kick in the s****s for him. GIRFUY i say. Wee hobbit c@nt. Does he remember what shape a fitba is i wonder

NaeMairNeeps
14-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Aye, appropriately positioned on the end o' a bell ;)

DollyLongstaffe
14-12-2017, 06:41 PM

Sadly I agree. Even if the Tims decide he's not good enough for them he's obviously good enough to earn a lot more than we could pay him. The only way he stays here is if he decides he likes it enough to settle for earning much less than he could elsewhere, and he doesn't in the least seem like that sort of bloke.

87kilos
14-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Exactly. We have effectively priced ourselves out of affording him. The joys of developing someone elses player.

Were you crying like a baby over Michael Hector and Danny Ward too? Aberdeen need to take players on loan to supplement what they can't afford to buy.

Not too difficult to understand. Some work out, some don't.

RedStarTorphins
14-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Would settle for that

I’ve heard on the radio tonight that Hibs are favourites for Niall McGinn.
Have I missed something?

Pacman1903
14-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Were you crying like a baby over Michael Hector and Danny Ward too? Aberdeen need to take players on loan to supplement what they can't afford to buy.

Not too difficult to understand. Some work out, some don't.

The are different, they were from guffball, nae from a team in our league. Inter league loans should be banned in my eyes.Always said that

Hea our best player aye i agree. But hes nae ours and he cant play v them. We have to adopt a new formation/personell change to play them yet he can play v everyone else. Dint see how thats beneficial to us.

We are nuturing a rivals player

Ban it

Pacman1903
14-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Too add, we aim to step up a level, gain on the pigs/win a cup. Chances are we would have to beat Celtic without our best player to win the Scottish. Great that. Its a lazy loan as we have no scouts. We could have found an equally as good player elsewhere if we bothered to look. But we dont. .

Nothing against Christie at all. Just the whole set up of it annoys me

Mason89
14-12-2017, 08:48 PM
It’s also a disadvantage to the other teams in the league. Only one of them gets to face us without ‘our’ best player.

Everything about this loan is wrong, despite it working fairly well for us

Edit - as Pacman was saying further up & I should’ve read it properly but I’m half asleep because no other f*cker can be @rsed working this close to Xmas. Sorry

Pacman1903
14-12-2017, 08:51 PM
It’s also a disadvantage to the other teams in the league. Only one of them gets to face us without ‘our’ best player.

Everything about this loan is wrong, despite it working fairly well for us

Edit - as Pacman was saying further up & I should’ve read it properly but I’m half asleep because no other f*cker can be @rsed working this close to Xmas. Sorry

Exactly.

BorneoRed
14-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Look at how we've regressed this season.

Yet we are 8 points better off than this time last season ( I think)
Just saying like, RST.

RedStarTorphins
14-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Yet we are 8 points better off than this time last season ( I think)
Just saying like, RST.

True - fair point
But the old Ebbe Skovdahl quote about stats comes to mind.
There’s no doubt in my mind we’re not as good as we were last year.

RedLineRed
15-12-2017, 06:49 AM

My point was this should be an opportunity to improve and have a squad of 2 players per position we can actually use instead of having bodies in to make up numbers. Ideally we would have 3 or 4 ready replacements in our youth team and could offer better wages to those we had to bring in.

rico94
15-12-2017, 07:42 AM
True - fair point
But the old Ebbe Skovdahl quote about stats comes to mind.
There’s no doubt in my mind we’re not as good as we were last year.

I love the way people use that quote from the man who also said getting beat 2-0 at Parkhead was a good result.

If you can be bothered to look back at posts from last year there was plenty of people saying the same thing. It was around about this time we got beat at Ibrox and then lost at Ross County, it wasn't until the Christmas period when we beat Motherwell away and Hearts away that we started playing well.

Perhaps like last season we will be playing a lot better in the second half of the season.

RED_JOHN
15-12-2017, 08:12 AM

Considine doesn’t do Christmas lights.

87kilos
15-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Too add, we aim to step up a level, gain on the pigs/win a cup. Chances are we would have to beat Celtic without our best player to win the Scottish. Great that. Its a lazy loan as we have no scouts. We could have found an equally as good player elsewhere if we bothered to look. But we dont. .

Nothing against Christie at all. Just the whole set up of it annoys me

Play within the rules. Guys like Christie allow us to get more money by finishing higher in the league, cup runs, European runs etc.

We're not developing Celtic's player, we are developing the player. A player Celtic will never use. He'll get punted on and like Ward etc he'll look back at his time at Aberdeen as favourable, enjoyable and a worthwhile exercise.

McKenna has come back from loan where he was developed for us and made himself a mainstay in the defence. The loan system is a way to improve any players career.

Stupie82
15-12-2017, 10:28 AM
I love the way people use that quote from the man who also said getting beat 2-0 at Parkhead was a good result.

If you can be bothered to look back at posts from last year there was plenty of people saying the same thing. It was around about this time we got beat at Ibrox and then lost at Ross County, it wasn't until the Christmas period when we beat Motherwell away and Hearts away that we started playing well.

Perhaps like last season we will be playing a lot better in the second half of the season.

Agree witha ll of that. We did go through a bad patch last season, but as said above, we are still 8 points better off at this stage. I think what stands out for me is that the style of football has regressed, rather than the results on the park. We had pace on the wings last season, we had great balls getting played into the box, but this season that hasnt happened as much and we have created less chances on the whole. That said, we have still lost only one league away game out of 11 this season, which is great going to be honest.

I think a lot of people are very disappointed with the two hun results and rightly so. If we had won those games i think we would be viewing the season 'so far' a bit differently. The annoying thing for me is that we SHOULD have beaten them twice, because they are rank rotten. I still think we will finish above the huns though,

Bridieeater
15-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Agree witha ll of that. We did go through a bad patch last season, but as said above, we are still 8 points better off at this stage. I think what stands out for me is that the style of football has regressed, rather than the results on the park. We had pace on the wings last season, we had great balls getting played into the box, but this season that hasnt happened as much and we have created less chances on the whole. That said, we have still lost only one league away game out of 11 this season, which is great going to be honest.

I think a lot of people are very disappointed with the two hun results and rightly so. If we had won those games i think we would be viewing the season 'so far' a bit differently. The annoying thing for me is that we SHOULD have beaten them twice, because they are rank rotten. I still think we will finish above the huns though,

Most of what you say is bang on the money however we had a very stable team last season and regardless of who gets shipped out or shipped in it will always be difficult to replace the consistency of a settled team. One thing i would disagree with you is the Rangers team. They are not rank rotten. There is a lot of decent Scottish Premiership level players in that team and with a decent manager on board they will fight like h#ll to get 2nd place. (hence the reason they are 2nd)

We are going through a fair transition this year which isn't being helped by some pretty ropey defending and a lack of quality down the wings. We aint going to magic up someone to improve all those areas at once and in the Jan window however if he can get the teams confidence up and try and get a settled team then we have a chance of getting 2nd.

Aldo1983
15-12-2017, 12:37 PM

We should have beat them but they aren't totally rank rotten. They only finished 9 points behind us last season and are currently above us (albeit through goal difference). This is all the while having two absolute nuggets as manager and now a stand in one. Once they get their ****e together they will create a 2 team league again. Too many people on here are in denial about them.

DollyLongstaffe
15-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Most of what you say is bang on the money however we had a very stable team last season and regardless of who gets shipped out or shipped in it will always be difficult to replace the consistency of a settled team. One thing i would disagree with you is the Rangers team. They are not rank rotten. There is a lot of decent Scottish Premiership level players in that team and with a decent manager on board they will fight like h#ll to get 2nd place. (hence the reason they are 2nd)

We are going through a fair transition this year which isn't being helped by some pretty ropey defending and a lack of quality down the wings. We aint going to magic up someone to improve all those areas at once and in the Jan window however if he can get the teams confidence up and try and get a settled team then we have a chance of getting 2nd.

You are unfortunately right about Rangers. They are 2nd and also have 8 points more at this stage than our best-of-the-rest team did last season. Yet their performances got their manager sacked. Their players are on 3 times as much as ours. I don't doubt they made some unwise signing decisions but their wages will still be some kind of reflection of quality. Our fans' confidence that player for player we have a better squad is almost certainly misplaced.

I've never understood the section of our support who wanted them back in the league for "more big games" etc. Barring another catastrophic financial event or similar (and we can but hope) they'll be out of sight within a season or two, no matter who is the manager here and who is the manager there.

rico94
15-12-2017, 12:53 PM

Thats not entirely correct, up until this point last season he was chopping and changing the team almost as much as this season.

O'Conner,Reynlods, Taylor and Considine were all in and out of the team.

Rooney and Stockley were being rotated.

McGinn and Maddison were also being rotated.

Everyone was moaning this time last year that he changing the team too much and he should pick his best 11.

He then started to pick his best 11 around the Christmas period and results started to pick up. I believe he picked the same 11 for 6 or 7 games in a row after the winter break and everyone started to say he needed to freshen things up XD

Stupie82
15-12-2017, 01:22 PM
We should have beat them but they aren't totally rank rotten. They only finished 9 points behind us last season and are currently above us (albeit through goal difference). This is all the while having two absolute nuggets as manager and now a stand in one. Once they get their ****e together they will create a 2 team league again. Too many people on here are in denial about them.

I think you are absolutely right, once they get their act together they probably will create a 2 team league... but its not enough, hence why i think they are struggling now. A 2 team league catered for both of said teams, however the perks of getting CL football in 2nd place has been removed. The huns realise this and they arent only interested in getting above us, but they want to get above Celtic.

The financial powerhouse that is Celtic will continue forever more and like us, Sevco will not be able to keep up. Apart from a complete capitulation from Celtic, it will be a 1 team league to an extent.

As for Sevco, Rotten is a bit extreme, but they arent good. Okay in terms of points they are the same as us, but i watched them against Dundee and again against Hibs the other night, and apart from a 5 minute spell where they scored 2 goals, they were riding their luck. They should have been on the end of a hiding. I think they are weathering the storm just now, but i think they are chasing something they cant achieve without a sh!t load of cash.

As for us, we need to strengthen in January and we need to change our mentality going into certain games. I think we are better than Sevco and we should finish above them this season.

Aldo1983
15-12-2017, 01:48 PM
I think you are absolutely right, once they get their act together they probably will create a 2 team league... but its not enough, hence why i think they are struggling now. A 2 team league catered for both of said teams, however the perks of getting CL football in 2nd place has been removed. The huns realise this and they arent only interested in getting above us, but they want to get above Celtic.

The financial powerhouse that is Celtic will continue forever more and like us, Sevco will not be able to keep up. Apart from a complete capitulation from Celtic, it will be a 1 team league to an extent.

As for Sevco, Rotten is a bit extreme, but they arent good. Okay in terms of points they are the same as us, but i watched them against Dundee and again against Hibs the other night, and apart from a 5 minute spell where they scored 2 goals, they were riding their luck. They should have been on the end of a hiding. I think they are weathering the storm just now, but i think they are chasing something they cant achieve without a sh!t load of cash.

As for us, we need to strengthen in January and we need to change our mentality going into certain games. I think we are better than Sevco and we should finish above them this season.

Celtic have managed to be well run and I heard they are actively pursuing another league to be part of. That said, Celtic were just as much a shambles as rangers are right now not so long ago. One hiccup and Sevco could be in.

fittiered
15-12-2017, 02:01 PM
The only way that the hun ****s will be better than us in the league is if the corrupt refereeing thats been going on. Sound a bitty like atattie muncher but they get off wi murder the fkpigs.

blowupsheep
17-12-2017, 06:43 AM
Think one bit of business at least that should be done in the January transfer window is to show Nicky Maynard the door and get him aff the wage bill, rapidly becoming the poorest player to pull on the Aberdeen shirt in a long long time, It is not going to happen for Maynard with us. Frankly he's gash.......

SF

87kilos
17-12-2017, 08:54 AM
There is definitely a player in GMS, just lacking in confidence is my opinion. I'd be keeping him.

We need a ball winner in midfield plus a left back if Shinnie is going to be utilised in midfield.

I thank you!

GMS was superb yesterday.

Aldo1983
17-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Think one bit of business at least that should be done in the January transfer window is to show Nicky Maynard the door and get him aff the wage bill, rapidly becoming the poorest player to pull on the Aberdeen shirt in a long long time, It is not going to happen for Maynard with us. Frankly he's gash.......

SF

Tried to stick up for him yesterday but on reflection...he's pish.

RED_JOHN
17-12-2017, 09:29 AM
I thank you!

GMS was superb yesterday.

Top marks to you. I personally started to doubt if the lad was up for a starting slot in the team. He looked class yesterday. Let’s hope he can prove his doubters wrong next week at Parkhead where he has thousands of them.
He should be reminded before the match that they (Celtic and Rodgers) thought he wasn’t good enough for them and never a player for that football park. Might just gee him up a little more before kick off.

DJR1979
18-12-2017, 08:49 AM
I hope that Mr McGinn was a guest of Lennon's on Saturday I know which club I'd be heading for after that game.

afc1903mad
18-12-2017, 09:50 AM
I hope that Mr McGinn was a guest of Lennon's on Saturday I know which club I'd be heading for after that game.

His Twitter has him located in Aberdeen...........

Pacman1903
18-12-2017, 10:26 AM

Maybe hes meeting one of his old tinder conquests

andoplzcumbak
18-12-2017, 10:40 AM

Stalker alert XD

87kilos
21-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Lewis Morgan is reportedly signing for Celtic for £300k and loaned straight back to them for the remainder of the season.

Could be pants. Just read it elsewhere.

kigoretrout
21-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Lewis Morgan is reportedly signing for Celtic for £300k and loaned straight back to them for the remainder of the season.

Looks like a done deal. I haven't seen him play but have read rave reviews about him. We don't seem to have been linked with anyone at all bar McGinn.

Aldo1983
21-12-2017, 01:39 PM

Look forward to him playing for us next season on loan.

#COYR #COYBG

87kilos
21-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Young guys like him (in my opinion) are mad to sign for clubs like Celtic where he'll get about 180 minutes per season.

Keep developing at another club instead of taking the money and playing reserve team football.

Aldo1983
21-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Young guys like him (in my opinion) are mad to sign for clubs like Celtic where he'll get about 180 minutes per season.

Keep developing at another club instead of taking the money and playing reserve team football.

If he signed for a lower league English team he would get the same money to be fair and clubs like us can't afford him.

kigoretrout
21-12-2017, 01:55 PM

Very true, particularly when there are no reserve leagues anymore.Although the big increase in wages will be the attraction. He will probably end out on loan next season as well.

That's where I hold out a little glimmer of hope for Christie signing for us permanently. He has been playing every week bar Saturday of course and has been capped for Scotland. Something that would never happened at Celtic. He will probably end up in the Championship unfortunately although his game isn't necessarily best suited for such a physical league.

donsdaft
21-12-2017, 03:19 PM
Loans MUST be banned.

irnbru1903
21-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Loans MUST be banned.

I have to agree with this. The game is a bogey up here anyway but as long as the club with the biggest resources in the country can cherry pick any potential talent with no intention of actually using them just so it handicaps their opposition then it is well and truly beyond reparation.

Jupiter
21-12-2017, 06:06 PM
If not banned, at least the number of players a club can loan out must be severely restricted. Chelsea have about 50 players out on loan which is facking ridiculous.

afc1903mad
21-12-2017, 06:29 PM
If not banned, at least the number of players a club can loan out must be severely restricted. Chelsea have about 50 players out on loan which is facking ridiculous.

It is ridiculous but I wonder if the Chelsea loans are spread throughout the leagues and Europe.
Celtic buying the best young players and loaning them out in Scotland could be considered as creating an unfair advantage.

87kilos
21-12-2017, 07:09 PM
It is ridiculous but I wonder if the Chelsea loans are spread throughout the leagues and Europe.
Celtic buying the best young players and loaning them out in Scotland could be considered as creating an unfair advantage.

Brenda was crying last season about the lack of competition domestically then went out of his way to sign our best player and hijack the Maloney deal.

Laughable.

donsdaft
21-12-2017, 07:44 PM
It's just capitalism delivering it's inevitable consequence.

One club (company) owning or in charge of everything.

If we continue to allow loans, in any form, then there is nothing to stop Celtic signing every promising youngster in Scotland.

Aldo1983
21-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Nothing wrong with loans provided it doesn't create the unfair advantage/monopoly like the Chelsea scenario.

The whole Christie situation is completely wrong. We are the ones lapping it up though. When you boil it down, it's the top club keeping a lid on the next best club. It suits them better than it suits us.

Mason89
21-12-2017, 08:07 PM
I’m increasingly aware that my views on Aberdeen are maybe a little outdated but the Christie loan deal is every bit as embarrassing as the 9-0 & giving Ricky Foster the captaincy

Aldo1983
21-12-2017, 08:20 PM
I’m increasingly aware that my views on Aberdeen are maybe a little outdated but the Christie loan deal is every bit as embarrassing as the 9-0 & giving Ricky Foster the captaincy

Long term I agree with you.

We will never, ever be able to compete with Celtic and nobody really gives a ****.

Jupiter
21-12-2017, 08:24 PM

If we continue to allow loans, in any form, then there is nothing to stop Celtic signing every promising youngster in Scotland.

There is nothing capitalist about a monopoly.

Bridieeater
21-12-2017, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo1983;38736268]Long term I agree with you.

We will never, ever be able to compete with Celtic and nobody really gives a ****

Their a bigger club than us, get over it.

Aldo1983
21-12-2017, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Aldo1983;38736268]Long term I agree with you.

We will never, ever be able to compete with Celtic and nobody really gives a ****

Their a bigger club than us, get over it.

That's the spirit.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/70c6bf981a454cec74e14a8f4988d65c/tenor.gif?itemid=10044842

DonUnder
21-12-2017, 11:01 PM

One of the biggest 'Capitalists' I have ever met:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42445889

sheepcrooky
22-12-2017, 01:29 AM
Loans MUST be banned.

The loan system can work (see Scott McKenna) , but never ever should clubs allowed to loan within the same league.

donsdaft
22-12-2017, 09:16 AM
I'd never even heard of Duncan Skinner, where does he get his money from?

Football has to get rid of all sponsorship from bookies, or even better get rid of all sponsorship alltogether.

Loans of players between football clubs is an abomination, the fact that we join in is a disgrace.

DonUnder
22-12-2017, 09:29 AM
I'd never even heard of Duncan Skinner, where does he get his money from?

Football has to get rid of all sponsorship from bookies, or even better get rid of all sponsorship alltogether.

Loans of players between football clubs is an abomination, the fact that we join in is a disgrace.

He was CFO (or something of the sort) at AOC/PSN whatever Oilfield body shop. All the senior figures i knew back in the day were rampant huns and i had no idea he was involved with the Dons. Not, in my opinion, fit and proper but hey ho in fitba anyone's money appears to be good enough.

On loans for me it should stopped between teams involved in the same competition - in any other work it would be a conflict of interests. But if it goes on between leagues or organisations - meh.

Pacman1903
22-12-2017, 10:13 AM

Just had a quick look at wiki and had a quick count(I know wiki is nae the most accurate but it gives an idea)

4 in the guffball premier
9 in the guffball championship
4 elsewhere in guffball
6 in Holland
1 in Russia
1 in Turkey
1 in Mexico
1 in Belgium
1 in Serbia
1 in France

29 players out on loan

to note their first team is made up of 28 players and they have 4 players in purgatory too (including Ismael Feruz)

A squad of 61 players. Fit the f@ck

Don_Corleone
22-12-2017, 11:27 AM
loans within the same league should be stopped although we’ve greatly benefited from having Christie.

I’d expect Ball will head back down to wherever he came from in January - totally pointless signing. Hopefully Stewart stays as I think he could come onto a game in the second part of the season. Id imagine if one of them does go we’ll bring someone else in on loan, likely from down south.

McGinn should be the main target in January.

I see on bbc gossip column Liam Henderson at Celtic might be leaving - he’d be an improvement on Tansey - had a good season with Hibs last year.

mondo_notion
22-12-2017, 12:06 PM
Niall McGinn is in a pretty strong position if all the clubs that have been mentioned really are looking to secure him. His agent will be looking for a fairly hefty wage for him.

I'd like to see him back here but is it maybe worth looking elsewhere if and that's a big if, his wages are going to be higher than we would prefer to be paying?

vinnydesalvo
23-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Would rather see us hijack the Morgan deal. £300k - decent chance of resale value, club backs manager, player gets regular game and we pump the 'tic. Deal in Dundee's Hendry and Accies' Docherty and steal the title away from the invincibles to wash down the 3-0 pumping we hand them in a few hours.

Don_Corleone
23-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Would rather see us hijack the Morgan deal. £300k - decent chance of resale value, club backs manager, player gets regular game and we pump the 'tic. Deal in Dundee's Hendry and Accies' Docherty and steal the title away from the invincibles to wash down the 3-0 pumping we hand them in a few hours.

Too late for Morgan I think, but we should be looking to sign these kind of prospects ahead of Celtic and Rangers. You would think we would be a more attractive proposition for someone like him career-wise. Problem is he can sign for Celtic, get a higher wage, and end up playing for someone like Aberdeen or Hibs or Hearts on loan - getting the game time but earning more whilst doing so. Does Christie regret signing for Celtic? Probably not - he's earning more money than he would have had he signed directly for AFC, but is getting the same game time.

Getintaethem
24-12-2017, 10:16 AM
I would play Stewart in MrLame's position to see how he does. If it works out I would then punt MrLame in January down south - if anyone would take him.

irnbru1903
24-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Other than Lewis, Shinnie and the young lads it would not worry me if anyone else left this window if someone was willing to part with cash for any of them. As always though no one will and there must be a reason for that as we hardly play hardball when after a fee. Hayes was the exception rather than the rule.
At most a couple of loans will come in to replace the benchwarmers that will hopefully be getting returned.

RED_JOHN
24-12-2017, 05:14 PM
I don’t expect much at all in the transfer window as we have not seen that much action in the last couple of January windows. If Niall knocks us back to join his pal Stokes at Hibs then it will likely be a loan or 2 to come in.
Milne and McInnes are happy with what we have so don’t hold out for much movement coming in.

Getintaethem
24-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Milne and McInnes are happy with what we have so don’t hold out for much movement coming in.

Interesting. I would not like to contradict you in any way as you are obviously right but DM is already on record saying that he knows where he wants to strengthen.

RED_JOHN
24-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Interesting. I would not like to contradict you in any way as you are obviously right but DM is already on record saying that he knows where he wants to strengthen.

The biggest area he would be better strengthening is his mentality.

87kilos
24-12-2017, 06:01 PM
The biggest area he would be better strengthening is his mentality.

I'd suggest that his mentality is very strong having just recently turned down his boyhood heroes!

RedStarTorphins
24-12-2017, 06:06 PM
I'd suggest that his mentality is very strong having just recently turned down his boyhood heroes!

Unlikely (bordering on don’t know why I’m even writing this) but two centre mids & a wide player.
Then Shinnie to left back

I like Kamara at Dundee.
Mulumbu at Killie is excellent too, but only there due to previous with Steve Clarke. Point being his contacts are excellent.
We need one of the type in there.
Definitely need two if McLean is sold in January (although I think that unlikely)

RED_JOHN
24-12-2017, 06:09 PM

Very strong...it was through his strong mentality we put in a super duper performance and only shipped in the 3 goals yesterday. Never mind we did score....

Zero :p

RED_JOHN
28-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Niall McGinn in so far. I wonder who else we are after?

rico94
28-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Heard a rumour last night we are going to sign Christie permanently next month.

Might be shyte but the same guy said McGinn would be signing today so you never know.

Redmadders96
28-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Wondered how long before "A guy I know has heard from someone who knows everything"

Celtic will never sell us Christie..........Just cant see it at all BUT if we do get him on a permanent deal I will come back and apologies

RED_JOHN
28-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Heard a rumour last night we are going to sign Christie permanently next month.

Might be shyte but the same guy said McGinn would be signing today so you never know.

I certainly hope that deal could get done. No need to doubt you Rico...in Rico we trust. :)

afc1903mad
28-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Wondered how long before "A guy I know has heard from someone who knows everything"

Celtic will never sell us Christie..........Just cant see it at all BUT if we do get him on a permanent deal I will come back and apologies

Would love to see Christie join permanently, but am struggling to believe it could happen.
I don’t think he’ll get a chance or fit in at Celtic, but doubt they want to release to us or whether we could afford him.

afc1903mad
28-12-2017, 09:39 PM
I certainly hope that deal could get done. No need to doubt you Rico...in Rico we trust. :)

It certainly would be a coup to get on a permanent deal.

Would you consider it a great positive if DM and SM manages to pull it off?

irnbru1903
28-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Would love to see Christie join permanently, but am struggling to believe it could happen.
I don’t think he’ll get a chance or fit in at Celtic, but doubt they want to release to us or whether we could afford him.

Celtic hold all the cards on this one and there is no way they would see themselves out of pocket. I don't believe we will see him here just now as our player and I just hope the club don't pander to Celtic's demands to make it happen. A good player but not worth breaking the bank for.

rico94
28-12-2017, 09:44 PM

I’m not trying to be a guy with a “reliable source “ min it was just a mate who told me but like I said he was right about McGinn signing today which I thought wouldn’t happen so you never know.

It’s supposed to be a reasonable fee and a big chunk of the selling on clause,nearly half of it.

Redmadders96
28-12-2017, 09:49 PM
I’m not trying to be a guy with a “reliable source “ min it was just a mate who told me but like I said he was right about McGinn signing today which I thought wouldn’t happen so you never know.

It’s supposed to be a reasonable fee and a big chunk of the selling on clause,nearly half of it.

Rico.......its not a dig at you mate........HONEST.
I just don't see what Celtic selling him to us does for them?? I cant see them selling such a good player to the closest team to them when they normally buy all the good players from other teams to weaken them.

I would love to see it have I really would..........so fingers crossed.

rico94
28-12-2017, 09:56 PM
Rico.......its not a dig at you mate........HONEST.
I just don't see what Celtic selling him to us does for them?? I cant see them selling such a good player to the closest team to them when they normally buy all the good players from other teams to weaken them.

I would love to see it have I really would..........so fingers crossed.

I’m not entirely convinced either to be HONEST XD

It would be good if it happened though.

RED_JOHN
28-12-2017, 09:57 PM
It certainly would be a coup to get on a permanent deal.

Would you consider it a great positive if DM and SM manages to pull it off?

Of course. Christie is a very good player and we can never have enough of them. It would certainly be beneficial to the team if he could play against Celtic instead of having to sit it out. :)

ragnarok
29-12-2017, 03:51 AM
Christie will only happen if he's completely out of the frame at Celtic and is resigned to leaving. They're about to receive a huge windfall from the Van Dijk transfer so unless we're about to make Christie our record signing I doubt they'll be particularly fussed with the kind of transfer fee we are capable of paying.

It's not impossible. While I think Christie is a very good player for us he is far from the finished article. I think Celtic will probably be expecting more from him still. He's not quite there yet - plenty of skill and endeavour but not enough final product. They might have formed the view that he doesn't quite have what it takes.

Pacman1903
29-12-2017, 05:32 AM
Canna see Christie coming. celtic will not do us any favours by selling us a good player* for peanuts because we winna be busting no banks to sign him.

*GMS doesn't count as hes been sh@te barring a couple of flashes

donsdaft
29-12-2017, 01:46 PM
Only way Christie will ever be a Dons player is after his stint down in England.

Aldo1983
29-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Christie will only happen if he's completely out of the frame at Celtic and is resigned to leaving. They're about to receive a huge windfall from the Van Dijk transfer so unless we're about to make Christie our record signing I doubt they'll be particularly fussed with the kind of transfer fee we are capable of paying.

It's not impossible. While I think Christie is a very good player for us he is far from the finished article. I think Celtic will probably be expecting more from him still. He's not quite there yet - plenty of skill and endeavour but not enough final product. They might have formed the view that he doesn't quite have what it takes.

Lawell was apparently a nightmare over th GMS deal and that was only £150k. Considering they paid £500k for him and he's a far better player now, plus we are their closest "challengers" then I can't see it at all.

bpdon
29-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Tansey getting interest from Ross County apparently. I think the consensus will be that they are welcome to him.

Pacman1903
29-12-2017, 08:59 PM
Tansey getting interest from Ross County apparently. I think the consensus will be that they are welcome to him.

How is that possible as hes hardly played and admits hes still nae fit

bpdon
29-12-2017, 09:11 PM
How is that possible as hes hardly played and admits hes still nae fit
Tansey and Draper were a decent partnership in center mid at ICT. Perhaps Coyle is willing to take a gamble on his fitness to re-unite them.

I just can’t see Tansey cutting it in red - he hasn’t delivered a performance of note in the games he has played for us. Even Caley fans struggle to remember any good performances in his last full season in Inverness.

Feck_the_Huns
30-12-2017, 12:32 AM
Tansey and Draper were a decent partnership in center mid at ICT. Perhaps Coyle is willing to take a gamble on his fitness to re-unite them.

I just can’t see Tansey cutting it in red - he hasn’t delivered a performance of note in the games he has played for us. Even Caley fans struggle to remember any good performances in his last full season in Inverness.

Defo think there is something in this. All went very quiet on his "injury". He went in for his hernia op, now it's flared up again? Aye, right. He doesn't fit into our system (in the same way I don't think Stewart does either but that's a seperate arguement)

We'll no doubt take a decent financial hit on him but to his credit, McInnes has never been slow in cutting his losses when realising his mistakes.

I'm expecting a fairly active January

Landvetter83
30-12-2017, 12:43 AM
Defo think there is something in this. All went very quiet on his "injury". He went in for his hernia op, now it's flared up again? Aye, right. He doesn't fit into our system (in the same way I don't think Stewart does either but that's a seperate arguement)

We'll no doubt take a decent financial hit on him but to his credit, McInnes has never been slow in cutting his losses when realising his mistakes.

I'm expecting a fairly active January

Someone on here had an exclusive that Tansey has done a Peter Weir and slunk off to sort out personal issues ....

I had high hopes Tansey was an upgrade on the rat ... but it's nae looking like it just now .....

Pacman1903
30-12-2017, 05:02 AM
Someone on here had an exclusive that Tansey has done a Peter Weir and slunk off to sort out personal issues ....

I had high hopes Tansey was an upgrade on the rat ... but it's nae looking like it just now .....

Aye someone did say he had "issues" on here but didn't go into detail. Mon, spit it oot

87kilos
30-12-2017, 07:45 AM

Not even close, couldn't lace Jack's boots.

We are desperately missing Jack in midfield. It's like Guntveit again, don't realise how influential and how much work he did until he's gone.

On that note those who were wanting a Will Flood figure back, he was absolutely dreadful last night and Cammy Smith was superb. Was a very good game, good advert for the championship and Scottish football.

Pacman1903
30-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Not even close, couldn't lace Jack's boots.

We are desperately missing Jack in midfield. It's like Guntveit again, don't realise how influential and how much work he did until he's gone.

On that note those who were wanting a Will Flood figure back, he was absolutely dreadful last night and Cammy Smith was superb. Was a very good game, good advert for the championship and Scottish football.

Cammys bagged a few recently. Good on him. Was always a fan of him. Watch him put us oot the Scottish

Don_Corleone
30-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Could see us cutting our losses on Tansey and Maynard if anyone’s interested in them. Ball will definitely be away.

Henderson of Celtic would be a good signing if he’s available. Mallan on loan would be good. Haven’t seen enough of this Doherty lad to know what he’s got to bring to the party.

Aldo1983
30-12-2017, 10:07 AM
We can't sign anyone else from Celtic on loan and we shouldn't even be considering it.

Don_Corleone
30-12-2017, 11:13 AM
We can't sign anyone else from Celtic on loan and we shouldn't even be considering it.

Agreed. I was talking about a permanent deal - I think Henderson’s out of contract in summer and was talk he might be moving on in this window. Unlikely that we’ll go for him, just suggesting he’s the kind and calibre of player we should go for.

RED_JOHN
30-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Hopefully we move a few players out and replace them during this window but in all honesty it is in hope rather than reality. I don’t think Del will add many more than 1 maybe 2 at a push to top up on having signed McGinn already. Reynolds is hardly getting much game time at all and might decide a move would be in his best interest. Maynard would certainly be doing well to remain at Aberdeen beyond the window. I have a feeling Ball will be staying as he can cover a few positions for McInnes. McLean will only get moved on if someone stumps up cash that Aberdeen think that is too good to reject or swapped for another teams player.

TheRealSLYFOX
31-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Jason Cummings.......

87kilos
31-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Jason Cummings.......

Sevco are hoping to add him to their unsustainable wage bill according to rumours online!

neilthedon
31-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Hopefully we move a few players out and replace them during this window but in all honesty it is in hope rather than reality. I don’t think Del will add many more than 1 maybe 2 at a push to top up on having signed McGinn already. Reynolds is hardly getting much game time at all and might decide a move would be in his best interest. Maynard would certainly be doing well to remain at Aberdeen beyond the window. I have a feeling Ball will be staying as he can cover a few positions for McInnes. McLean will only get moved on if someone stumps up cash that Aberdeen think that is too good to reject or swapped for another teams player.

Deek will be wanting to play McLean right up till the last game of the season. He lurves him !! So , I`d expect him to be looking for his replacement to be signed in summer. Only January option might be if we can get "that " boy on a pre contract agreement , anounced in January ?

No idea whats going on with Tansey. No idea what`s going on with Craig Storie either ?? Are they ever getting a run , or being hiked .

McGinn`s return , is just like a new signing !! ( sic ) Pretty sure Deek will think we are well covered for rest of season in attack now.

So , injuries withstanding. I`d say that`s it for the January window ?

Now Deek needs to do what he also did last season. Pick his best players in a settled side . And play them in their best positions !! Except this season , I don`t think that is still yet clear . As players like May and Stewart don`t seem to fit into his rigid 4-2-3-1 ?

Big ask is in the summer. When we have to replace Christie , McLean and probably Arnason .

Lets hope against hope that Wright , Ross and Harvie all get a decent chance and ,....err, yeah . right !!

GASC1980
31-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Fit like min? Had a look for you yesterday and Thistle. Thought you might have been up at home. Hae a guid new year loon. See you soon.

Feck_the_Huns
31-12-2017, 01:33 PM
We are still missing that central midfield prescence. Not the utter brute/cnut, that I've heard fans banding about, as that has never been what AFC have ever been about, but we miss that central midfielder with prescence, vision, strength, box to box ability etc etc, that, to be fair, we've been missing for many years. Robson had some of those attributes but his legs had gone long ago.

I hoped that Tansey would be that man, as I'm sure others did, but that has proved ill judged.

Yesterday, for example, I thought that at times we took the easy option of just funneling the ball out wide to Logan, and his crosses were easily dealt with by the decent Hearts defence. McLean didn't appear to have the vision to pick out the forward, defence splitting pass, that would have unocked the opposition defence. McGinn's return will give us better options in the wider areas but in order to prevent us being easy to defend against, we need that variation.

What did happen to Craig Storie?

Whether we can get that player in January, or the summer, we will find out.

neilthedon
31-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Fit like min? Had a look for you yesterday and Thistle. Thought you might have been up at home. Hae a guid new year loon. See you soon.

Aye f`like `en !!
Wasn`t there. either game. Afraid I`m slipping out of top Don category !!

Boring self employed business reasons for not hanging around till Thistle game. Needed to get back down the road.

Still, I guess that qualifies me to come on here more often and spout ****e, eh ?!!

Happy New Year for the morn !!

RED_JOHN
31-12-2017, 03:17 PM
We are still missing that central midfield prescence. Not the utter brute/cnut, that I've heard fans banding about, as that has never been what AFC have ever been about, but we miss that central midfielder with prescence, vision, strength, box to box ability etc etc, that, to be fair, we've been missing for many years. Robson had some of those attributes but his legs had gone long ago.

I hoped that Tansey would be that man, as I'm sure others did, but that has proved ill judged.

Yesterday, for example, I thought that at times we took the easy option of just funneling the ball out wide to Logan, and his crosses were easily dealt with by the decent Hearts defence. McLean didn't appear to have the vision to pick out the forward, defence splitting pass, that would have unocked the opposition defence. McGinn's return will give us better options in the wider areas but in order to prevent us being easy to defend against, we need that variation.

Agree with you about the midfield players McLean and Tansey.
Christie used in a more central role to dictate the forward play is a plus if we get the right players around him. McGinn will certainly help. Another decent central midfielder (not a sitting midfielder) would go a long way to help improve our attacking threat.

Getintaethem
31-12-2017, 06:45 PM
So , injuries withstanding. I`d say that`s it for the January window ?

Chairman has said funds are available for January transfer window.

Also, Arnason will be kept on for another year, McLean can go now, Christie will be kept on.

afc1903mad
31-12-2017, 08:58 PM

Do you not think Shinnie has that presence?
Box to box, presence, vision, strength etc

RED_JOHN
01-01-2018, 10:37 AM

Agree with you that Shinnie has presence. He is deservedly our captain and gives his all for the team on a constant basis.
The vision part though can certainly be debated as that is not one of his attributes.

Sidney77
01-01-2018, 10:51 AM
FTH, you thinking a Bisconti type? If so I’d agree; we’ve not had enough players like that in all the years I’ve followed the Dons.
And he was a poor man’s Rico......

Feck_the_Huns
01-01-2018, 11:21 AM

Shinnie is the nippy, bite yer legs, box to box kinda guy. I'm specifically looking more for a Kari Arnesson from 2011-2012 kinda prescence; totemistic, physical, yet classy player.

Fcuk it, lets exhume Jim Bett, even if he is still alive.

As I said earlier, this goes back seasons, so it must be a flaw in Derek's setup, but we seem to have a massive hole in central midfield in a lot of games. O'Connor is certainly not the answer, he doesn't have the legs or vision to play in that role.

Scott Brown strolls through most games these days, at 32. Surely McInnes can source such a player for us, from the lower leagues in England, as he did with Jody Morris back in the day?

neilthedon
01-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Shinnie is the nippy, bite yer legs, box to box kinda guy. I'm specifically looking more for a Kari Arnesson from 2011-2012 kinda prescence; totemistic, physical, yet classy player.

Fcuk it, lets exhume Jim Bett, even if he is still alive.

As I said earlier, this goes back seasons, so it must be a flaw in Derek's setup, but we seem to have a massive hole in central midfield in a lot of games. O'Connor is certainly not the answer, he doesn't have the legs or vision to play in that role.

Scott Brown strolls through most games these days, at 32. Surely McInnes can source such a player for us, from the lower leagues in England, as he did with Jody Morris back in the day?

So an oild experienced Pro who can stroll through a game like he has a gear to spare ?

Barry Robson being our last version of that.

Good players like that don`t tend to arrive on a Fre transfer, or settle for the " miniscule " wages aberdeen pay ?

Not these days anyway . Way too much cash sloshing around in England for that to happen.

We hit it lucky with Robson. for assorted reasons. Although even then we all wished he was a couple of years younger ( when we couldn`t afford him )

Only chance of such a player is to develop one . But that takes time, and we need one now !

Or find some Eastern European who sees it as a step towards engerlunds promised land ?

Unless again , anybody can think of a previously brilliant Scots player who went south and is now languishing in the resrves down there ??

Feck_the_Huns
01-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Unless again , anybody can think of a previously brilliant Scots player who went south and is now languishing in the reserves down there ??

Correct, and not our job to source said player, that's what Del employs Russ Richardson for.

Doesn't need to be a Jock either, we are a multi - racial employer

Aldo1983
01-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Correct, and not our job to source said player, that's what Del employs Russ Richardson for.

Del tends to buy British. The big hun.

neilthedon
01-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Del tends to buy British. The big hun.

Or Irish. Bout time we took a chance signing one of the Irish guys direct instead of waiting till ICT have given them a run out ?!!

87kilos
01-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Russell Martin to Sevco on loan is doing the rounds.

No idea if there is any truth in it or total *******s.

actonsheep
01-01-2018, 10:15 PM

Should see if we can steal the boy Mulumbu from Killie - cracking player. But suspect he's only up here cos he's mates with Steve Clarke - similar to why Morris ended up at the Farmers with McInnes.

RedStarTorphins
01-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Should see if we can steal the boy Mulumbu from Killie - cracking player. But suspect he's only up here cos he's mates with Steve Clarke - similar to why Morris ended up at the Farmers with McInnes.

Don’t think you can play for 3 teams in one season?
But he’d be a great addition.

ragnarok
01-01-2018, 11:01 PM
To be honest I'd be happy for us to recoup a little bit of McLean's transfer fee in January. For me he is a player who flatters to deceive. He undoubtedly has ability but he's not the type of player to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Can anyone remember a game when he was a clear standout and was the difference in our team? It seems to be the case that when Aberdeen play well McLean plays well rather than the other way round.

Feck_the_Huns
01-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Don’t think you can play for 3 teams in one season?
But he’d be a great addition.

Who else has be played for this season, other than Killie?

DonUnder
02-01-2018, 02:51 AM
So an oild experienced Pro who can stroll through a game like he has a gear to spare ?

Barry Robson being our last version of that.

Good players like that don`t tend to arrive on a Fre transfer, or settle for the " miniscule " wages aberdeen pay ?

Not these days anyway . Way too much cash sloshing around in England for that to happen.

We hit it lucky with Robson. for assorted reasons. Although even then we all wished he was a couple of years younger ( when we couldn`t afford him )

Only chance of such a player is to develop one . But that takes time, and we need one now !

Or find some Eastern European who sees it as a step towards engerlunds promised land ?

Unless again , anybody can think of a previously brilliant Scots player who went south and is now languishing in the resrves down there ??

Rumours around Royston Griffiths a year ago, he can play that kind of role. I believe he is now in Uzbekistan!? Even countries worth too much at scrabble have more roubles than us.

hulldon
02-01-2018, 07:48 AM
Donunder! Who on earth is Royston Griffith?? Thumbheid’s wee brother??
And Happy New Year to you and L!!

Mr_Grieves
02-01-2018, 08:06 AM
Get a tall dirty b*stard of a striker in on loan to replace Maynard.

We'll need someone to knock the fvcking teeth oot of Jack, Brown and Lafferty ;)

RedStarTorphins
02-01-2018, 09:29 AM
Who else has be played for this season, other than Killie?

I’d (probably wrongly?) assumed he’d played for his parent club?
I’m guessing not by your response.

JuanFatche
02-01-2018, 09:43 AM
I’d (probably wrongly?) assumed he’d played for his parent club?
I’m guessing not by your response.

He's not on loan.

RedStarTorphins
02-01-2018, 09:44 AM
He's not on loan.

I didn’t realise Killie has signed him “permanently”.

Aldo1983
02-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Get a tall dirty b*stard of a striker in on loan to replace Maynard.

We'll need someone to knock the fvcking teeth oot of Jack, Brown and Lafferty ;)

We had one but he couldn't score and everyone complained he was too dirty.

DonUnder
02-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Donunder! Who on earth is Royston Griffith?? Thumbheid’s wee brother??
And Happy New Year to you and L!!

He was with Perth Glory before he went to Holland and was that sort of in front of the back four defensive midfielder I think we had been missing. Not afraid to mix it, could pass and was 6' +. When he came back didn't seem quite the same player but was in a weakened squad.

There was rumours The Dons were interested - but there's always rumours.

Anyway he's carrying on up the Khyber now so good luck to him.

Same to you and yours.

Hopefully see you next May!

actonsheep
02-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I didn’t realise Killie has signed him “permanently”.

Think he'd been out of contract for a while - hes there until the end of the season.

deedon
04-01-2018, 09:48 AM
From the Daily Ranger. What a waste of a journalist's time typing up this sort of pish....

Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen chasing South American wonderkid Joaquin Fernandez
The 18-year-old is one of the continent's hottest prospects and has attracted interest from across Europe.
Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen will keep tabs on South American superkid Joaquin Fernandez in next month’s U20’s Copa Libertadores.
The 18-year-old left-sided central defender is one of the continent’s hottest prospects and will feature for Uruguayan outfit River Plate in the top youth tournament.
Fernandez’s UK-based representatives have been given positive feedback after speaking to Celtic, Rangers and the Dons in a bid to earn him a move to Europe.
There could be a three-way battle for the defender's signature
he ****ager is a current Uruguayan U20 international and is attracting interest from clubs in England and France.
Copa Libertadores is South America’s equivalent of the Champions League and is regarded as one of the most prestigious club tournaments in the world.
The Under-20s competition is contested by the 10 youth champions of the South American federations plus the defending champions and an additional team from the host nation.
It will be held in Uruguay this year, running from February 10 to 24, and Fernandez’s agents have been told he will be watched in action by scouts from Scotland’s three top clubs.

krakowdon
04-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Seems to me that the whole article was written just so that in the last four words they could bracket Rangers with Celtic.

The 'journalist' probably didn't even have to type it up, more likely cut and paste from a Traynor press release.

Aldo1983
04-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Who was the last south American we had? The Colombian goalie?

Don_Corleone
04-01-2018, 01:56 PM
I read it and thought, what a load of guff, as well.

Since when do Aberdeen send scouts to South America? When have we ever signed anyone from South America? And since when is "one of South America's hottest prospects" interested in joining Aberdeen FC in the mighty SPL? Absolute nonsense.

Rangers have loaned a boy who can't get a game for Wigan I see. Also the lad Slater who used to be at Killie has come back up from Colchester on loan to Dundee Utd - I remember folk were suggesting him for the Dons a couple seasons ago.

Mason89
04-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Who was the last south American we had?

Che Logan

Pacman1903
04-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Since when do Aberdeen send scouts to South America? .

Since when do Aberdeen have scouts

phuxachemin
04-01-2018, 02:59 PM

Joe MacPherson :p

Pacman1903
04-01-2018, 03:06 PM

David Gonzalez.

Gonzalez, Pasquinelli, Cobian have we had any others fae that continent

thebeachend
04-01-2018, 03:11 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42568571
duff

donsdaft
04-01-2018, 05:11 PM
Ah the Columbian goalie.

My god he looked the part

Until a ball was kicked at him then it just went straight though

A ghostly keeper

Don_Corleone
04-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Since when do Aberdeen have scouts

A fair point. That's what Championship Manager's for (or whatever the modern version of it's called)

rico94
13-01-2018, 09:29 AM
A few of the gutter rags a reporting that Hull are about to make a bid for Scott McKenna.

Hopefully it’s not true.

Aldo1983
13-01-2018, 09:40 AM
A few of the gutter rags a reporting that Hull are about to make a bid for Scott McKenna.

Hopefully it’s not true.

Probably is true but can't see McInnes selling him. Unless is stupid money. We never get offered stupid money though.

EDIT - other than McInnes buying Foster.

rico94
13-01-2018, 09:52 AM
Probably is true but can't see McInnes selling him. Unless is stupid money. We never get offered stupid money though.

EDIT - other than McInnes buying Foster.

600k for Lee Miller was pretty stupid too considering he had 6 months of his contract left.

Aldo1983
13-01-2018, 10:09 AM
600k for Lee Miller was pretty stupid too considering he had 6 months of his contract left.

Pretty ****e that it's probably the only good bit of business we have had over the years.

InversneckieDob
13-01-2018, 10:46 AM
Was there nae summat hooky about the Lee Miller deal?
Like Strachan doing McGhee a favour or summat?

Aldo1983
16-01-2018, 07:55 PM
Maddison potentially going to Spurs. £20m quoted.

rico94
16-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Maddison potentially going to Spurs. £20m quoted.

Liverpool and Man City are after him as well.

I thought he was decent for us but he still had a lot to learn.He isn’t worth £20m but the guffs are happy to splash the cash amongst themselves,if he was playing for someone up here it would be a 400k offer.

Pacman1903
16-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Never worth that

Don_Corleone
16-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Liverpool and Man City are after him as well.

I thought he was decent for us but he still had a lot to learn.He isn’t worth £20m but the guffs are happy to splash the cash amongst themselves,if he was playing for someone up here it would be a 400k offer.

Is this for real? £20m? He was a talented player but he didn't even get in our starting line up for most of the time he was here. I hadn't really heard he was setting the Championship alight since he went back.

Suppose it just shows the ridiculous English market - Liverpool, Man City or Spurs willing to shell out £20m for a guy who'll never play for them- will be loaned out endlessly. Like Celtic but on a different level I guess.

87kilos
16-01-2018, 10:12 PM
Been playing very well for Norwich this season by all accounts.

RED_JOHN
16-01-2018, 10:20 PM

Agreed. Scored a few decent goals also...his best ever one though was wearing the red jersey and banging a free kick in against Sevco on their first visit to Pittodrie.

fittiered
16-01-2018, 11:01 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2102101/kenny-mclean-norwich-city-aberdeen-500000/

theram1975
17-01-2018, 01:14 PM

Aye, been their best player by miles this season. Probably one of the best players in the Championship. Not a surprise that the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Everton etc are interested.

Hopefully Ryan Fraser has a similar price tag, we surely have cash coming our way for him in the near future.

PittodriePile
17-01-2018, 01:40 PM
He's been excellent this season for Norwich. He was by no means the finished article whilst with us and still isn't but to me he always seemed like he'd move on to big things. I wish him well wherever he might end up!

Don_Corleone
17-01-2018, 01:50 PM
He's been excellent this season for Norwich. He was by no means the finished article whilst with us and still isn't but to me he always seemed like he'd move on to big things. I wish him well wherever he might end up!

Undoubtedly - but was / is he £19m better than Ryan Christie for example?

One good thing is that young up and coming players in England will see AFC as a good option for a loan, given how similar loans have benefitted folk like Maddison, Ward, Hector etc. Hopefully Chiddie Chiddie Bang Bang will be the next

RedStarTorphins
17-01-2018, 02:18 PM
Undoubtedly - but was / is he £19m better than Ryan Christie for example?

One good thing is that young up and coming players in England will see AFC as a good option for a loan, given how similar loans have benefitted folk like Maddison, Ward, Hector etc. Hopefully Chiddie Chiddie Bang Bang will be the next

The 2nd paragraph is a very good point.

Some folk get a little bit angsty if we have too many loan players, which I can understand.

That said, nearly every team uses the loan system.

As long as it's not over done then I'm fine with it

And if managers in England see the likes of Ward, Maddison & Hector get 30-40 games, and experience to help their development, then it's good for us.

donsdaft
17-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Still scrambling around for the scraps though.

57vintage
17-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Mason - did I read somewhere todays that the Sons are in for Lee Miller?

Mason89
17-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Mason - did I read somewhere todays that the Sons are in for Lee Miller?

Haven’t heard anything but I’ll keep an eye out. Him and Christian Nade up front. Pacey

57vintage
17-01-2018, 05:08 PM
"Dumbarton are keen on former Aberdeen striker Lee Miller, who was released by Falkirk yesterday, and he could be signed in time to face those blue ****ers Peter-****ing-heid in the Scottish Cup this weekend.

"The 34-year old had his contract with the Bairns cancelled by mutual agreement after a second spell.

"Sons' manager Stephen Aitken said, "I moved quickly to register an interest in Lee as I believe that he would play regularly and score goals for us here at Dumbarton.

"I am confident that we will get the chance to talk to him but I'm aware that a full-time club in our division is also looking at him"."

Page 53 today's Plop & Jism

donsdaft
17-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Whoever he plays for I predict he'll spend most of his time on his a'rse.

Mr_Grieves
17-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Thats Storie away - another one off the wage bill.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/01/17/storie-leaves-pittodrie/

man-erg
17-01-2018, 05:57 PM
Whoever he plays for I predict he'll spend most of his time on his a'rse.

To be fair, from what I recall he actually did have a knack of staying on his feet, but only when he was trying to jump.

RED_JOHN
17-01-2018, 06:12 PM

Would have been better letting Considine go...never seen Storie sh!t it against Celtic.

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 06:30 PM
To be fair, from what I recall he actually did have a knack of staying on his feet, but only when he was trying to jump.

XD

Jupiter
17-01-2018, 06:51 PM

where's he going?

Aldo1983
17-01-2018, 07:27 PM
The laddie Henderson off to Bari. Fair play to him. Nice to see young Scottish boys try something different.

kkong
17-01-2018, 08:08 PM
where's he going?

Not our concern. He has "left the club".

Don_Corleone
17-01-2018, 11:05 PM
The laddie Henderson off to Bari. Fair play to him. Nice to see young Scottish boys try something different.

Good player - I'd liked to have seen him join us. However, I agree, good to see a talented young Scottish player take a slightly different route than heading to English lower leagues. If he doesn't cut it out there, maybe we'll see him at Pittodrie in a season or two.

PittodriePile
18-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Frank Ross signs one year contract extension and also joins Morton on a development loan for the rest of the season

afc1903mad
18-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Frank Ross signs one year contract extension and also joins Morton on a development loan for the rest of the season

Another midfielder gone then.
Tansey, Storie, Ross.
Makes you wonder if we are making space for another to come in.

Ok, we've brought in McGinn and Chidie, but may still be space in the squad.

ILikeJam
18-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Seeing a lot of "Good riddance", "F*ck off", "Hun", "Attitude stinks" posts directed at Storie on Twitter - have I missed something?

Bridieeater
18-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Another midfielder gone then.
Tansey, Storie, Ross.
Makes you wonder if we are making space for another to come in.

Ok, we've brought in McGinn and Chidie, but may still be space in the squad.

I'm not sure what he is upto however it suggests he's going to make a bid for someone. The fact he's let Tansey join County as well and with KM possibly heading to Norwich then surely somethings brewing? Naebody got any gossip?

Pacman1903
18-01-2018, 12:09 PM
Naebody got any gossip?

Alan Gow is finally coming

RedStarTorphins
18-01-2018, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure what he is upto however it suggests he's going to make a bid for someone. The fact he's let Tansey join County as well and with KM possibly heading to Norwich then surely somethings brewing? Naebody got any gossip?

Dylan McGeoch
Chris Cadden

kigoretrout
18-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Some Hibs fans think McGeoch is being approached by us presumably when McLean goes. From the little I've seen of McGeoch he looks decent although I think he is a bit injury prone.

InversneckieDob
18-01-2018, 01:09 PM
McGeoch, was that the boy that came on as sub in the semi?

RedStarTorphins
18-01-2018, 01:13 PM
McGeoch, was that the boy that came on as sub in the semi?

Not sure about the semi-final. I just remember the game turned towards Hibs when we were two up, they subbed Fyvie, brought on that fat lump up front (Grant Holt) and they dragged it back to 2-2 before we scrambled over the line.

McGeoch is a good footballer, but as someone eluded to, he's injury prone.
If you could guarantee 30-35 games per season then he'd be a good signing - his record suggests you can't?

Don_Corleone
18-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Was Storie not captain of various levels of Scotland teams, and touted for a move to Man Utd when he was younger? Something obviously gone horribly wrong for him as there's 2 holding midfielder roles available in our team and he's not had a sniff at either while the likes of O'Connor who's basically a central defender has been played instead.

If Frank Ross has also gone out on loan along with Tansey, and McLean may potentially leave before the window is shut, there must be some plans afoot to bring in another midfielder, i'd guess on a permanent basis rather than another loan.

I can't see us stumping up enough cash for McGeoch - folk are touting him for a Scotland call up and Hibs are never pushovers when it comes to transfers. Can't really think of any other stand out midfielders in Scotland that would be good enough to walk into our starting 11 and at the same time be affordable and available. Hopefully we get a pleasant surprise before the window shuts!

57vintage
18-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Storie is another one like Jamie Masson ( Broon once said he reminded him of Jim Bett, now he's with Sevcove) and Cammy Smith who got to squad level but seemed to lack the spark or smeddum to progress further. McInnes had high hopes for him too.

When he was interviewed on Red TV a couple of years ago when he played about 4 games in a row, he came across as inarticulate, sullen and thicker than stovies in a flask.

I had heard of some of the off-field nonsense mentioned above too.

No loss, really.

mondo_notion
18-01-2018, 02:53 PM
^^^
Agree with almost all of that. Surely stovies are the same thickness no matter what kind of container they are in?

donsdaft
18-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Aye but it's mair difficult to reach them with your oatcake if they're in a flask.

Was that him that wouldn't be interviewed so someone had to speak for him?

Mek
18-01-2018, 03:16 PM
Maybe McInnes plans to nick Docherty from under der huns noses?

Not sure what position he really plays though, so could be a waste of time.

ILikeJam
18-01-2018, 04:16 PM
Can't really see us going after a Hibs player, but if we did sign him I expect we'd be able to just go back through this thread and swap "McLean" for "McGeouch" and "Hun" for "Tim" and he'd get a pretty good idea of what to expect when he gets here.

He'd maybe get the odd bonus "kafflick" though

57vintage
18-01-2018, 04:38 PM
^^^
Agree with almost all of that. Surely stovies are the same thickness no matter what kind of container they are in?

Experiments have been carried out, validated, verified, peer reviewed and featured in the recipes bittie of the Weekend supplement of the Plop & Jism.

I stand, therefore, by my assertion.

e = (mc x mc) where e represents the delicious indigestion-causing tattie-ingin-yesterday's beef amalgam and mc is Mohamed Chalali, whose promised darting runs were as lacking in viscosity and slow to get going as erm....stovies in a flask.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

FACT.

END OF.

mondo_notion
18-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Experiments have been carried out, validated, verified, peer reviewed and featured in the recipes bittie of the Weekend supplement of the Plop & Jism.

I stand, therefore, by my assertion.

e = (mc x mc) where e represents the delicious indigestion-causing tattie-ingin-yesterday's beef amalgam and mc is Mohamed Chalali, whose promised darting runs were as lacking in viscosity and slow to get going as erm....stovies in a flask.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

FACT.

END OF.

Well when you put it like that, I suppose you have a point.

ragnarok
18-01-2018, 11:31 PM
Naismith signs for Hearts on loan for 6 months. Reckon that will be a great bit of business for them. Levein has successfully instilled his anti-football methods and Naismith will suit their style of play.

afc1903mad
19-01-2018, 12:07 AM
Naismith signs for Hearts on loan for 6 months. Reckon that will be a great bit of business for them. Levein has successfully instilled his anti-football methods and Naismith will suit their style of play.

Yeah, but its just a 4 month loan deal.
Not really giving them a solution for next season.

I reckon Naismith really wanted to go to SevCo (he's been touting himself in the media for months) and will use this loan move to get fit (He's not played for a while) and put himself in the window for the summer

Pacman1903
19-01-2018, 04:52 AM

Horrible little c@nt

I never forget him trying to end Rob Milsom which deservedly ended with him f@cking his cruciate. A horrible c@nt. Suits hearts