PDA

View Full Version : Good win

offshore_arab83
09-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Good win that today, wasnt there personally but hearing reports that we played well and could have been alot more than 2 so all good!!!

DerryJungle
09-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Good win that today, wasnt there personally but hearing reports that we played well and could have been alot more than 2 so all good!!!

Wasn't there either, but that's probably our biggest result of the season so far. We all know the team's strong at home, but to go to one of the toughest grounds in the league and win comfortably should give the team a lot of confidence on the road.

Chick A Saw
09-12-2017, 05:34 PM

17 shots, 10 on target!

Things like that make me consider going next weekend. 5 past Dunfermline and lack of money see reality hit home.

ianharab
09-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Great result today , roll on next week , Xmas day oot in Dumfries cannae wait ,🍺🍺🍺🍺

JelloBiafra
09-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Great result today , roll on next week , Xmas day oot in Dumfries cannae wait ,🍺🍺🍺🍺

In Palmerston hospitality. Then hitting Dumfries after the match. Will be messy.

Great win today. With 16 points in 6 games anone still think Ray is/was the answer to any question other than who was the last DU manager and the least successful at tier 2 level since 1958-59?

shedka
09-12-2017, 05:45 PM
He built this team which has allowed us to get these results, and was 45 mins from gaining promotion last season, why stick the boot in??

Nothing been decided either, lots of work to be done yet before looking back and judging

JelloBiafra
09-12-2017, 06:03 PM
The away fans in particular since 31 Dec at the Rock Cheap Insurance Stadium (and to be fair at Brechin also second half) were largely served utter dross from an over defensive disorganised unmotivated "team". St Mirren and Livi away we looked like a league 3 team.

The last 9 months of McNamara; Mixu and McKinnon (a league lower) have been horrific. We were truly mediocre at best to dreadful at worst from 31 Dec to 7 games ago other than playoffs and one or two games at most.

Fact.

Agree You are right Lazslo and Ellis may just be very naughty boys but for now in comparison to the three not so wise men they look like the Messiahs.

For all our sakes I hope they are.

shedboy71
09-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Good game creating chances we will hit 4 or 5 soon. However i have just found out we lost 7-5 on corners.

Phucking gutted

duke_the_arab
09-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Good game creating chances we will hit 4 or 5 soon. However i have just found out we lost 7-5 on corners.

Phucking gutted

I canna believe that there was never 2 corners in it.😁

CarlisleArab
09-12-2017, 07:32 PM
In Palmerston hospitality. Then hitting Dumfries after the match. Will be messy.

Great win today. With 16 points in 6 games anone still think Ray is/was the answer to any question other than who was the last DU manager and the least successful at tier 2 level since 1958-59?

Looking forward to the hospo & hopefully we manage to get on the last train to Carlisle 🍺🍺🍺

geofoxposse
09-12-2017, 07:43 PM
FFS I thought the thread was about Jim.

arab81
09-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Shabba can git tae f#ck!! Corners is the most important thing here. 7-5! Unacceptable.

offshore_arab83
09-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Disappointing to hear we lost on corners, ach well, there's always next week, onwards and upwards!!!

LawrenceLives
09-12-2017, 10:34 PM
It was a really enjoyable game, fast paced and competitive. Thought we were great although for large parts I feared we were going to through it away, due to our lack of being able to kill the game off at 0-1.

The amount of times we just had to smash it home and ended up hitting it straight off the keeper or a defender on the line ... that said, I thought Morton worked their socks off.

Our back four did well and our midfield were great ... once again, Fraser was a class act.

Stanton and Fyfie are also a few grades above their competitors.

If Macdonald can find his scoring boots, we'll be flying. He worked hard but had so many chances that, in the past, he'd have buried.

Anyway, great win.

USArab
10-12-2017, 12:06 AM
Nice to see us gaining confidence and momentum!

shedboy71
10-12-2017, 01:31 AM
Nice to see us gaining confidence and momentum!

It is but as our big brothers in dark blue will point out the corner count is the most important aspect.

Im simply in bits after scoring more goals we cant claim a win

RAM1971
10-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Disappointing to hear we lost on corners, ach well, there's always next week, onwards and upwards!!!

This clearly highlights our longstanding 'having difficulty getting to the by-line' problem!

USArab
10-12-2017, 12:56 PM
It is but as our big brothers in dark blue will point out the corner count is the most important aspect.

Im simply in bits after scoring more goals we cant claim a win

My bubble is well and truly burst now, I was unaware we lost on corners! 😨😨😨

Arabdad
10-12-2017, 04:38 PM
As the CKC (corner kick count) is now the principal indicator of success in Scottish football I trust Csaba has cancelled the first team's day off and they're currently freezing their nuts of at St Andrews playing World Cup and headers 'n' volleys. 3 corners a penalty.

stokearab
10-12-2017, 07:55 PM
Great result. Seems we're dominating teams much more now, creating more and have the extra desire and pace to attack. Tough games coming but great progress under the management team.

shedboy71
10-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Great result. Seems we're dominating teams much more now, creating more and have the extra desire and pace to attack. Tough games coming but great progress under the management team.

Hey Stoke - was there yesterday and all shabbas games so far - defo - we need another striker and if McD puts away his chances we are laughing. Big shout to Fraser - sets them up and King just battles for everything.

But the corner count is a depressing stat XD

stokearab
10-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Hey Stoke - was there yesterday and all shabbas games so far - defo - we need another striker and if McD puts away his chances we are laughing. Big shout to Fraser - sets them up and King just battles for everything.

Hey bud. I've checked up on this and the corners are divided by 3 into goals scored at the end of the season so I think by then we might be ok. It's a concern though.

stokearab
10-12-2017, 08:39 PM

Good effort getting over mate.

The players are the same ones that Ray had so someone has been motivating them to become better. Seems someone took Fraser aside and told him how good he can be. Maybe its the formula of Laurie and Csaba between them, but from what I'm reading the performances seem night and day compared to before.

shedboy71
10-12-2017, 11:00 PM
Och its an hour drive from me so not the same as coming from Dundee. Motivation one thing organisation is the key and formation as well under ray we had a lot of ball in our half now we have a lot of ball in opponents final third. Our first half displays so far have been very good. Same players and a different vision. Ray knew a good player (aye and bad ones too but all managers do) - he was too negative. Hope he gets another job soon and does well though.

Just watched highlights and it was Nkoyi that robbed harkins for our 2nd. Sweet.

shedboy71
10-12-2017, 11:02 PM
Hey bud. I've checked up on this and the corners are divided by 3 into goals scored at the end of the season so I think by then we might be ok. It's a concern though.

Have the windae lickers approved that? The big team must be obeyed I am afraid.

stokearab
10-12-2017, 11:09 PM
Have the windae lickers approved that? The big team must be obeyed I am afraid.

I asked but they said they were busy lagging pipes.

shedboy71
10-12-2017, 11:18 PM
I asked but they said they were busy lagging pipes.

LOL - admin 3 ?? they having trouble with the heating again. That sounds familiar :)