PDA

View Full Version : Derby (Away) Saturday

Exiledvillan
11-12-2017, 07:53 PM
They’re on fire and we have been poor for 150 out of the last 180mins. Vydra has found his form of a few seasons ago and Weimann is playing well, which tbf, when he’s on his game he’s pretty damn good. Bit worried about this one, and Sheff U at home, really hope we can pull a performance from somewhere. Terry, Kodjia and Samba out, Lansbury has a niggle. Derby’s pace and movement could hurt us, it’s got a Hutton car crash written all over it.
I expect 4411 again:

Johnstone

De Laet
Chester
Jedi
Taylor

Snoddy
Whelan
Hourihane
Adomah

Jack

Davis/Hogan

Would rather Jack for Snoddy and O’Hara behind Hogan but that’ll never happen.

Exiledvillan
11-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Just looking at that team and that's 4 possibly 5 changes, aint gonna happen either is it :rolleyes:

stateside
12-12-2017, 05:46 PM
You got me nervous. Sounds like a Boxing Day 2-0 defeat they gave us in the 70's

bongosdad
14-12-2017, 07:26 AM
Johnstone
Hutton Chester Jedi Taylor
Whelan
Elmo Hourihane Snoddy
Grealish Adomah

Bring Davis on at 70 minutes as an impact sub

westcountryvillain
16-12-2017, 09:29 AM
Hutton,Lansbury & Jedi are injured - the treatment room is busy, JT on the way back though!

It'll have to be Elphick with Chester at the back, De Laet at RB.

O'Hare,Hourihane,Whelan, Adomah

Davis/Grealish

Exiledvillan
16-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Johnstone

Elmo
Chester
Jedi
Taylor

Snoddy
Whelan
Hourihane
Jack
Onomah

Albert

Subs: Steer, Hogan, Gabby, Elphick, De Laet, Hutton, Thor

Ah well, see how it goes :confused:

stateside
16-12-2017, 05:29 PM
You got me nervous. Sounds like a Boxing Day 2-0 defeat they gave us in the 70's and this is why I won the prediction league last season. :-)

westcountryvillain
16-12-2017, 06:25 PM
So where will we finish then Statesey?

mistaram
16-12-2017, 07:17 PM
What on earth was the fat man doing playing Jedi at centre back turning circle of a tanker He's a great defensive midfielder centre back he ain't Get your injuries sorted and I'm sure you will finish top two

stateside
16-12-2017, 08:21 PM
WCV. With this team and the injury issues 7th. With players coming back and astute signings 4th

stateside
16-12-2017, 08:26 PM
What on earth was the fat man doing playing Jedi at centre back turning circle of a tanker He's a great defensive midfielder centre back he ain't Get your injuries sorted and I'm sure you will finish top two Jedi wasn't the issue, Whelan 's backpass was. Your side looks very well drilled. We made a huge mistake in letting Weismann go. It's tough for a striker out of form in a side out of form. Look at Gabbiondini at Southampton. Makes super runs never gets picked out. Nugent is a player we should have picked up several years ago and turned him into a useless blob as well lol

mistaram
17-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Stateside. Thanks for that Weismann has not really been very good for us he's had different managers injuries loan to Wolves But this last month he's got back in the team and really looked a player although injured again yesterday Can't agree about Jedi I thought he was poor as a centre back why didn't Bruce play Elsnick We are not really a good side we have had a lot of luck this season Hard to judge Villa when you are missing Davis Lansbury Samba Terry any team would miss those But Bruce has made the same mistake we made three years ago bringing to many ex Prem players it don't work ie Darren Bent😃

stateside
17-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Ha, Bent right. Elphick has been dreadful unfortunately. A model pro but just awful. I wish Bruce would use Suliman, who won a youth cup with England and should be banging on the first team door.

Unfortunately we still would have lost to Derby. This game was going to be a mirror of the tough mid 70's games at the baseball ground.