PDA

View Full Version : Video Ref

Pacman1903
11-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Suppose this deserves a thread of its own as its quite prominent now

Plenty of errors been seen so far. The Chile boys elbow only being a booking in the confed cup, the wrong cameroon player being sent off in the confed too, Chiles perfectly good goal being chopped,guess what, confed cup too. Englands pen and France losing a man in the process, Atalanta game this season where the ref stopped for 4 mins in the second half where there were 6 subs made but still only 3 added on, just off the top of my head. There have been alot more

Tonight another bizarre one

Lazio v Torino. Ciro Immobile tries to cross the ball into the box hitting Torinos Burdisso on the hand. Its as stonewall as you like. Clear view of ref and the c@nt behind the goal. Budisso and Immobile clash with immobile kind of shoulder/cheek butting him. The video ref pings and Immobille is sent off. Surely to f@ck the video ref should have pinged for the initial blatant as f@ck penalty. You wont see a clearer pen. So Lazio went down to 10 and got pumped 3-1 when they could have went up 1-0 if they scored the pen changing the game(Torino very good for their money to be fair) .Puzzling

DonUnder
12-12-2017, 12:27 AM
Suppose this deserves a thread of its own as its quite prominent now

Plenty of errors been seen so far. The Chile boys elbow only being a booking in the confed cup, the wrong cameroon player being sent off in the confed too, Chiles perfectly good goal being chopped,guess what, confed cup too. Englands pen and France losing a man in the process, Atalanta game this season where the ref stopped for 4 mins in the second half where there were 6 subs made but still only 3 added on, just off the top of my head. There have been alot more

Tonight another bizarre one

Lazio v Torino. Ciro Immobile tries to cross the ball into the box hitting Torinos Burdisso on the hand. Its as stonewall as you like. Clear view of ref and the c@nt behind the goal. Budisso and Immobile clash with immobile kind of shoulder/cheek butting him. The video ref pings and Immobille is sent off. Surely to f@ck the video ref should have pinged for the initial blatant as f@ck penalty. You wont see a clearer pen. So Lazio went down to 10 and got pumped 3-1 when they could have went up 1-0 if they scored the pen changing the game(Torino very good for their money to be fair) .Puzzling

Have to watch they don't get on the square eyes watching all that TV !

Actually I am not a fan but I suppose if the football authorities manage it properly it could work ....... Ah.

Pacman1903
16-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Video ref controversy again. Again in the Olimpico in Rome

Roma v Cagliari

93 min at 0-0 Kholarov swings in a free kick and the keeper punches it of a Roma boy (who was onside) but the ball landed at Fazio who knocked it in. Fazio was infront of the Roma boy who intially touched it and there was no defender between him and keeper. The goal was given although it was clearly offside. Then it went to VAR and it was still given.

Roma won 1-0

cougared
17-12-2017, 12:13 AM
I've looked at it a few times. I could be wrong but it looked to me that the keeper hit it against the same lad that scored.

Pacman1903
17-12-2017, 08:10 AM
I've looked at it a few times. I could be wrong but it looked to me that the keeper hit it against the same lad that scored.

It looks like the punch hits Manolas (44) then Fazio who then score with his second touch

Aldo1983
17-12-2017, 09:09 AM
Shirely the video ref will kill Willie Miller?

Mason89
17-12-2017, 09:59 AM
It looks like the punch hits Manolas (44) then Fazio who then score with his second touch

The fact you can still debate the incident, shows how pointless the whole thing is.

DonUnder
17-12-2017, 11:49 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/mariners-coach-paul-okon-says-var-is-turning-aleague-fans-off-football-20171216-h05xh8.html

more bollox

Pacman1903
17-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Interesting to hear after the World Club Final yesterday Real Madrid have said its sh@te and they don't want it in Spain(where it is coming in next season). They had a controversial decision against them too

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/892087/Real-Madrid-news-Zinedine-Zidane-video-assistant-referee-mistake-Club-World-Cup-Al-Jazira

cougared
17-12-2017, 10:27 PM
The fact you can still debate the incident, shows how pointless the whole thing is.

Dont think it's TOTALLY pointless but it's certainly not foolproof. I was at a couple of game in Lisbon last week. In one the visiting team claimed for a penalty. Eventually, after the ball had gone out, the ref reviewed it. He turned down the appeal. Checked out the highlights on YouTube and .... it certainly looked like a penalty to me. In the other game, the ref used the video to check on a goal that Estoril scored against Benfica. After viewing it he gave handball against the attacker and booked the player. Again, the highlights I saw on Youtube were inconclusive. Both decisions went for the home team.

Think it's worth a try though. Like Considine's goal yesterday would have stood, both teams might have had a penalty.

Pacman1903
17-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Think it's worth a try though. Like Considine's goal yesterday would have stood,

Aye but would it. It was Bobby Madden

andoplzcumbak
17-12-2017, 11:00 PM
Who decides if it goes to the VAR? The ref? Or is it the VAR who calls him in his earpiece? If it's the ref then it's a waste of time here.

Pacman1903
18-12-2017, 12:54 AM
The ref and the video ref watchers are the only people wirh the power to decide The ref doesnt have to view it and can take the word of the the two VAR dudes.

cougared
18-12-2017, 06:53 PM
At the Benfica match on saturday night, the ref seemed to ask the guys on the touchline - I dont think he left the pitch to view it. The goal was chopped off for handball. (having looked at it again and bearing in mind my thoughts on the op, it was a tough decision). At Belenenses on the sunday, the ref came over and viewed the monitor off-pitch and he made the decision. This seems inconsistent but there are a few variables.

andoplzcumbak
18-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Ithink the problem with the ref being involved in the VAR decisions is that they'll be biased towards their own original decision. Should be the guys on the side and no one else.

cougared
18-12-2017, 11:12 PM
Ithink the problem with the ref being involved in the VAR decisions is that they'll be biased towards their own original decision. Should be the guys on the side and no one else.

Agree 100%

You - after watching the Pacos penalty appeal against Belenenses - it looked like a pen to me but the ref (who made the original decision) disagreed.

Pacman1903
05-02-2018, 09:35 PM
Serie A again tonight. Genoa took a 2-1 lead v Lazio. In the lead up to the goal the Lazio defender tries an acrobatic clearance when the Genoa goalscorer is not even a quarter of a yard behind him. The ball hits his hand and hes in and scores. His hand isn't away from his body its not directed towards the ball and and hes a ball hair away from the defender when it happened.

VAR and goal disallowed. Incredibly incredibly f@cking harsh. I would say its a mistake by the ref. Again

Pacman1903
05-02-2018, 09:36 PM
Justice prevails the same boy just scored in the 92 minute to win it

Pacman1903
03-03-2018, 03:32 PM
...to be used at World Cup :blue:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43269186

Its rubbish and all it does is make human errors more apparent as the refs keep making an arse of it. Its there to help refs yet its making them look more faddish. Get rid

kkong
03-03-2018, 10:24 PM
I wonder what VAR would have made of John Beaton's ludicrous decision to kill today's game by awarding a penalty to Celtic at 1-0 for a challenge that was clearly outside the box even when viewed in real time.

RedStarTorphins
03-03-2018, 10:31 PM
I wonder what VAR would have made of John Beaton's ludicrous decision to kill today's game by awarding a penalty to Celtic at 1-0 for a challenge that was clearly outside the box even when viewed in real time.

It would clearly have been disallowed.
Then again if the VAR was Collum, he’d have taken the penalty.

Aldo1983
04-03-2018, 08:23 AM

I wonder what VAR made of John Beaton's ridiculous haircut.

Pacman1903
19-05-2018, 08:08 PM
Eintracht Frankfurt 3-1 Bayern Munich

Bayern should have had a pen in the 95th min when Martinez taken down by Boateng. Its a stonewaller. It goes to VAR. Ref unbelievably gives a corner. Bayerns keeper is up. Frankfurt clear, break and score. 3-1. Terrible refereeing.

VAR is pish

But well done Eintracht Frankfurt we may see you in Europe

Jupiter
19-05-2018, 08:12 PM
It's not VAR that's pish, it's referees that are incompetent. A numpty ref like Gollum won't suddenly become a good ref if he can see a TV replay.

Pacman1903
19-05-2018, 08:25 PM
It's not VAR that's pish, it's referees that are incompetent. A numpty ref like Gollum won't suddenly become a good ref if he can see a TV replay.

Its there to eliminate human error and clearly doesnt work. Get rid

Jussi
19-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Eintracht Frankfurt 3-1 Bayern Munich

Bayern should have had a pen in the 95th min when Martinez taken down by Boateng. Its a stonewaller. It goes to VAR. Ref unbelievably gives a corner. Bayerns keeper is up. Frankfurt clear, break and score. 3-1. Terrible refereeing.

VAR is pish

But well done Eintracht Frankfurt we may see you in Europe

I just saw last few mins of this game on poor stream, maybe he took a dive. I couldn't tell on the pic I saw. great they went up & scored another. didn't look like it was officially time up.

great to see someone else get trophy for a change

Pacman1903
19-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Nah Boateng booted Martinez through the ankle. Stonewaller. I wanted Frankfurt to win anyway

thebeachend
20-05-2018, 11:29 AM
If this is being used in the WC I predict much controversy

Pacman1903
20-05-2018, 02:08 PM
It is and there will be TBE. The list of f@ck ups is endless. Human error is still there. So its rendered pointless. Its expensive as f@ck too

Jupiter
20-05-2018, 02:13 PM
If VAR had existed in 1966, England wouldn't have won the world cup. Therefore it is a good idea.

Jupiter
08-06-2018, 06:04 PM
A few stats about VAR

The introduction of VAR has seen a massive fall in the number of refereeing errors, bookings, red cards, simulation and wasted time in Serie A.

The figures were released by the FIGC and Lega Serie A after the first season of the new technology in action.

“The percentage of errors in Serie A this season was 0.89 per cent, compared to 5.78 per cent that would’ve been verified without the use of VAR.”

It was used in 397 games between Serie A and the Coppa Italia, with 2,023 checks made and 117 decisions overturned.

The Coverciano ground is also used as a hub to train referees on using VAR for the 2018 World Cup, which begins next week in Russia.

“The results are extraordinary, especially with reference to the statistics of refereeing corrections. We can still improve in the technology and the way we communicate with fans, making VAR even more reliable,” said Lega Serie A and FIFA Refereeing Project Leader Roberto Rosetti.

It was calculated that VAR decisions took an average of 1 minute and 22 seconds during the first three rounds, but over the season that was lowered considerably to just 31.5 seconds.

It added to the time of games (an additional 13 seconds on average), but was cancelled out by a massive gain of 43 seconds of effective play.

There was a drop of 12.3 per cent in yellow cards issued (1,719 in the 2016-17 campaign, compared to 1,508 this season) and an even bigger drop of 35.3 per cent in simulation (137 down to 113).

There was only one red card for dissent this season, compared to 11 last year, with overall dismissals down 7.1 per cent.

https://www.football-italia.net/122668/var-stats-show-revolution

Pacman1903
27-07-2018, 05:44 PM
https://youtu.be/EZ15PArNebA

Quality from Peru

Pacman1903
25-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Get rid

Holland v Japan in the Womens World Cup. Absolutley disgraceful

Not even remotley a pen. Shocking stuff

afc1903mad
25-06-2019, 11:00 PM
Get rid

Holland v Japan in the Womens World Cup. Absolutley disgraceful

Not even remotley a pen. Shocking stuff

TBF, the ref gave it straight away.
VAR didn’t give it.
Very Harsh though, I agree

redstarfk
25-06-2019, 11:32 PM
That decision to give Holland a penalty is 100% correct under the new rule introduced a few weeks ago.

No point in blaming the ref , and VAR simply proved that the Japan player stopped the ball with her arm.

Whether the new rule is fair is an entirely different debate

RED_JOHN
26-06-2019, 06:26 AM
I would also like VAR tried out in Scotland

Pacman1903
26-06-2019, 07:44 AM
TBF, the ref gave it straight away.
VAR didn’t give it.
Very Harsh though, I agree

Ok sorry i must have misheard on SSN. But still why arent the idiots behind the perspex not stepping in. Its what its f@cking there for. It what they are f@cking there for

Goal/No Goal

Mistaken Identity

Penalty/No Penalty

Direct Red Card

Pacman1903
26-06-2019, 07:45 AM
That decision to give Holland a penalty is 100% correct under the new rule introduced a few weeks ago.

No point in blaming the ref , and VAR simply proved that the Japan player stopped the ball with her arm.

Whether the new rule is fair is an entirely different debate

If that is a pen then we should just stop watching as the sport is clearly turning into a bunch of sh@te

nice1simmy
26-06-2019, 08:11 AM
I agree but as redstark said thats the rules now,fitba's f@cked

canarydon
26-06-2019, 08:28 AM
The VAR system as it currently stands, with the rule changes, will destroy football as a spectacle, as everything that happens in the box will need to be reviewed.

They have already had to ask IFAB for a relaxation to the foot on the line at penalties rule as its entirely possible that a gk can be sent off after first two penalties. Joke. Especially when they don't have goal-line technology in place, or even a camera that can see along the line.

They would be better looking at what is already in place for other sports and adopting them and tweaking them to suit. The system that hockey uses at the top level is great, each team gets one referral for a decision in the 'box' affecting a goal scoring/preventing opportunity. If you win your referral you keep it to use again, otherwise it is gone and you may regret it later in the game. Football could easily adopt that system but tweak it to one each half, and an extra one in extra time and again for penalties.

Shouldn't be too difficult to adapt existing technologies/systems in use in other sports - there are loads of other examples - rugby union, tennis, cricket - all of which have their benefits that could be used.

LED
26-06-2019, 11:27 AM
The VAR system as it currently stands, with the rule changes, will destroy football as a spectacle, as everything that happens in the box will need to be reviewed.

They have already had to ask IFAB for a relaxation to the foot on the line at penalties rule as its entirely possible that a gk can be sent off after first two penalties. Joke. Especially when they don't have goal-line technology in place, or even a camera that can see along the line.

They would be better looking at what is already in place for other sports and adopting them and tweaking them to suit. The system that hockey uses at the top level is great, each team gets one referral for a decision in the 'box' affecting a goal scoring/preventing opportunity. If you win your referral you keep it to use again, otherwise it is gone and you may regret it later in the game. Football could easily adopt that system but tweak it to one each half, and an extra one in extra time and again for penalties.

Shouldn't be too difficult to adapt existing technologies/systems in use in other sports - there are loads of other examples - rugby union, tennis, cricket - all of which have their benefits that could be used.

Totally agree. I thought when VAR came in is was going to be a challenge based system, not this looking at every single incident. It means refs get lazy as they know VAR will pick it up later. Same with the linesmen not putting their flags up. It totally distorts the game.

It should be 2 challenges per team. The challenge can only be made by either the captain or manager. The challenge is looked at by the 4th official at the dugout screen, nae a control room. Game is restarted as per new drop ball rule.

Much simpler and a hell of alot cheaper than the current version

The_Moog
26-06-2019, 01:04 PM

This is the point - there is nothing fundamentally wrong with VAR. Its getting blamed for things that are f'uck all to do with VAR.

The recent rule changes are the issue in the wifies WC (& the abysmal wifie refs XD). The goalie keeping a foot on the line rule and the new hand ball rules are just f'uckin stupid & were clearly agreed by folk who've never played the game in their puff. All agreed at the Marcliffe in Aberdeen earlier this year I believe incidentally XD.

From what I've seen, VAR has actually got the vast majority of these decisions right when used - its the rules causing the decisions that are s'hite.

VAR is new, it needs to evolve & suggestions like only giving teams a set number of referrals etc are worth considering.

The bottom line is that it will help correct many (not all) errors made by officials & for that fact alone its worth having. Anyone saying otherwise is just a luddite who should still live in a cave...

Jupiter
26-06-2019, 05:45 PM
VAR is just a TV replay, there is nothing fancy or hi tech about it.

The problem is that some refs are stupid, and it's those refs looking at TV replays who are the problem. That Dutch pen yesterday, the ball didn't even hit the Jap girls arm, but it's not VARs fault, it's the refs fault for being an idiot.

Jupiter
26-06-2019, 05:46 PM

nice1simmy
26-06-2019, 06:17 PM
VAR is just a TV replay, there is nothing fancy or hi tech about it.

The problem is that some refs are stupid, and it's those refs looking at TV replays who are the problem. That Dutch pen yesterday, the ball didn't even hit the Jap girls arm, but it's not VARs fault, it's the refs fault for being an idiot.

The ref was just following the new rules,its the new rules that are the problem,there will be a record amount of pens awarded this season if the rules are enforced by the refs